Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Model 3 vs 330i

So the 3 series win by a galactic mile. 

It's cheaper,

much lighter,

runs longer in a tank of fuel,

can be bought off the lot right away,

as it's smaller and more maneuverable, 

but it has a bigger trunk,

As expected. 

What were you trying to say again?

OH, it gets to 30mph city speed faster also.

--

You're crazy. That 3er is a piece of shit. Loses in almost every respect, and that's before you consider autopilot.

Gets to 30 quicker? 

1. Unless you're leaving a stop sign, this is irrelevant because no one drives under 30 miles per hour in the United States anywhere other than a school zone, if that.

2. It's .1 seconds quicker to 30 and then massively slower everywhere else.

The 3-Series is several hundred pounds lighter, but it's still slower in the figure 8.

I believe the cargo volume in the model 3 is actually way more too given in the seats folding down.

Yep looks like the model 3 wins in nearly every respect. Other than you can’t get one. I’d still wait for it. 

--

Tesla Model S P100D & Model X P90D & 2016 BMW i8 & 2017 Sept 991.2 GT3 ordered. 2020 Porsche Mission E on order

BMW also has plenty of service centres and you're less likely to be stuck with an unserviceable and unsellable car due to the company going bankrupt, if you ever get it. Why did they pick the 330.and not the 340 for comparison? The Tesla gets its points via acceleration vs the mid 3er but has less cargo space? Also, I thought thought the $10K incentive was finished. Pretty weak comparison IMO. But, yea, Tesla! 

noone1:

You're crazy. That 3er is a piece of shit. Loses in almost every respect, and that's before you consider autopilot.

Gets to 30 quicker? 

1. Unless you're leaving a stop sign, this is irrelevant because no one drives under 30 miles per hour in the United States anywhere other than a school zone, if that.

The 3-Series is several hundred pounds lighter, but it's still slower in the figure 8.

I believe the cargo volume in the model 3 is actually way more too given in the seats folding down.

Don't I sounded exactly like you in arguments? Smiley

--

JoeRockhead:

BMW also has plenty of service centres and you're less likely to be stuck with an unserviceable and unsellable car due to the company going bankrupt, if you ever get it. Why did they pick the 330.and not the 340 for comparison? The Tesla gets its points via acceleration vs the mid 3er but has less cargo space? Also, I thought thought the $10K incentive was finished. Pretty weak comparison IMO. But, yea, Tesla! 

The BMW can also be bought - the Tesla is a concept study still...

the BMW can be filled up in 2 min indecision

Whoopsy:
    noone1:

Gets to 30 quicker? 

Don't I sounded exactly like you in arguments? Smiley

Smiley

--

J.Seven

I more and more like the Teslas. My Partner owns an S and he is very happy with it. He even wants to buy now a second as the wife wants one, too. The more I ride with him the more I get the itch. The car is really fast and powerful. And the interior gadgets are just cool. 

I pre-ordered a Model 3, too. Not sure if I ever want to get it, or maybe go for the bigger ones. I even can see myself buying a Roadster. Somehow this car vanishes even the most adorable super sports cars. Its really the disruptor of the super-sportscars-market

Lars997:

I pre-ordered a Model 3, too. Not sure if I ever want to get it, or maybe go for the bigger ones. I even can see myself buying a Roadster. Somehow this car vanishes even the most adorable super sports cars. Its really the disruptor of the super-sportscars-market

In any case you have many years to think about what you would like to do Smiley The advantage of deliveries in 3-4 years (if at all)...

Lars orders now cars n watches like Mike smiley wink

Lars997:

I more and more like the Teslas. My Partner owns an S and he is very happy with it. He even wants to buy now a second as the wife wants one, too. The more I ride with him the more I get the itch. The car is really fast and powerful. And the interior gadgets are just cool. 

I feel that todays supersportcars performance is more or less to the limit, I think that this idea of the roadster will be ( if it comes to production) a problem to the old school manufacturer, dont get me wrong I prefer a screaming v12 all my life, but for 200K a car that will be the fastest ever in acceleration...that is something that makes me think about having one, and as he claiemed..it is only the base model, what the heck are they developing???

did they invent a sort of gearbox?? otherwise how can it go up till 400 Kmh?? and with 1000 km at higway speeds ( ok it is 65 mph)...but still impressive...

I think that for that money a loto will think about having one.....if only electricity was really made by 100% green sources...damn..that would be the deal...

--

993 c2

BjoernB:

Always said that watches are my hobby to put my money - cars is just to have fun Smiley

But hey - since when is Mike driving a Volvo Smiley Smiley

Lars997:
    BjoernB:

Always said that watches are my hobby to put my money - cars is just to have fun Smiley

Don't worry, buddy. Everyone makes a mistake once in a lifetime. Smiley Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:
    Lars997:
    BjoernB:

Don't worry, buddy. Everyone makes a mistake once in a lifetime. Smiley Smiley Smiley

Including me - can’t get rid of mine quick enough!!! Smiley

--

Porsche Boxster GTS Carrara white / Volvo V40 D4 R Design daily drive

No one  in Germany , expert some consumers, would want Tesla to do well on their market . Way too much interests involved ..... from economics to national pride / preferences  angry

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Gnil:

No one  in Germany , expert some consumers, would want Tesla to do well on their market . Way too much interests involved ..... from economics to national pride / preferences  angry

Hmmm... these two Germans are quite interested in Tesla Smiley

2kb9scqjq4101.jpg

Tobias Moers and Britta Seeger..

They looks impressed and scared  and think : I need to find something wrong about it ! indecision

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

This guy found plenty wrong with it:

https://youtu.be/dKQPHC4JyAU

--

2015 911 GT3, 1964 Type 1

dreamcar:
    RC:
    Lars997:
    BjoernB:

Sad to hear that!

I couldn't be more happy with our daily family car. We own the XC90 now for almost one year and it is just great. Most relaxing and comfortable car ever. Not that it matters, but if you want it is even quiet fast. The car does everything it should do, low consumptive, driving electric in city is addictive, infotainment is probably second best after Tesla. Interior is gorgeous and the image is solid, too. 

Would I buy one today - probably not. I would go for the Model X since they are able to deliver fold-able rear seats now. Other than that - the XC90 is an amazing car and I would always choose ahead of a Porsche, MB, or BMW.

Lars997:
    dreamcar:
    RC:
    Lars997:
    BjoernB:

Sad to hear that!

I couldn't be more happy with our daily family car. We own the XC90 now for almost one year and it is just great. Most relaxing and comfortable car ever. Not that it matters, but if you want it is even quiet fast. The car does everything it should do, low consumptive, driving electric in city is addictive, infotainment is probably second best after Tesla. Interior is gorgeous and the image is solid, too. 

Would I buy one today - probably not. I would go for the Model X since they are able to deliver fold-able rear seats now. Other than that - the XC90 is an amazing car and I would always choose ahead of a Porsche, MB, or BMW.

Hi Lars Smiley

In theory the V40 is a great car, comfortable, safe and relaxing for my long daily drive to work - but it has been terribly fault prone - February this year off the road for two days due to modification of diesel bypass system; March I had an “airbag - urgent service required” warning, car taken away as told it was unsafe, Volvo dealer could find no fault even though it had registered in the car’s diagnostic memory, it came up again two months later but cleared in two days, in August it again reappeared but this time did not clear - car again taken away and at the dealers for a whole week, driver’s airbag module electrical fault, new airbag fitted. A month later the gear linkage failed in an area with no phone signal, by the time I had driven it - stuck in 6th gear - to where I could phone for assistance the clutch was burnt out, off the road for another week, and three weeks ago due to a fault in the diesel particulate filter regeneration the engine sump was overfilled with diesel. Smiley Smiley Smiley

All in all the worst car I have ever owned for reliability. I’m replacing it with a Volkswagen Golf GTE plug in hybrid.

This became an all too regular event!

B05BA274-885D-46F4-96C9-3150C64CE2EE.jpeg

--

We were totally unimpressed by the Volvo SUV we rented once, especially the driving dynamics...

My XC90 often throws tantrums about airbags, oil level, faulty bulbs, 4x4 failure, anti skid failure, had the alarm replaced as well as the rear view mirror console - worst fault was a worn suspension bush which caused it to track left or right on braking (you never knew which way!) however, it is a likeable old bus which I can't be bothered to replace.

--

991 Carrera Black Edition, XC90 Black\Black - 2 kids, 1 dog

bridggar:

My XC90 often throws tantrums about airbags, oil level, faulty bulbs, 4x4 failure, anti skid failure, had the alarm replaced as well as the rear view mirror console - worst fault was a worn suspension bush which caused it to track left or right on braking (you never knew which way!) however, it is a likeable old bus which I can't be bothered to replace.

A good friend of ours has an XC-90, great for towing his huge caravan around, he’s had a few minor issues though.

i’m retiring early next year so won’t need a diesel for mainly short tips so trading the Volvo & SWMBO’s Jazz in for the Golf. 

--

Gnil:

They cheated... Smiley

Thing is: The Tesla S is considered a luxury car in Germany and regular people don't like it when tax payer money is used to support luxury cars. Nothing to do with pride, believe it or not. Germany "ticks" differently (we're not Switzerland Smiley Smiley).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM