Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Pricing of Nissan GT-R in Japan announced

http://www.egmcartech.com/2007/09/25/nis...panese-pricing/

How does this price compared to other cars sold in Japan (hoping to extrapolate the US price)?

Re: Pricing of Nissan GT-R in Japan announced

The EVO version sounds very interesting and has a similar power to weight ratio to the 997 GT2.

''The range topping EVO version with the same VQHRTT engine as the standard and V-Spec models gets a power increase up to 530hp while losing 220 lbs. from the body for an unbelievably inexpensive price of $94,000.''

Interesting! Not sure how many folks will pay that...

Quote:
    AUM said:
    The EVO version sounds very interesting and has a similar power to weight ratio to the 997 GT2.

''The range topping EVO version with the same VQHRTT engine as the standard and V-Spec models gets a power increase up to 530hp while losing 220 lbs. from the body for an unbelievably inexpensive price of $94,000.''

Aum,

My understanding is that the 'Evo' spec car news is all unsubstatiated info created by the media.

The official launch prices now exist. The 3 launch models have been confirmed. And there is no Evo spec in amongst them (Basic spec, black and premium). Which are all variations in trim and equipment (not power).

I hope an 'evo' model does arrive. But I doubt it will be here in any great rush.

...Mad

It's funny that Carlos Ghosn drives a 997 Turbo - maybe now he will be driving a Nissan. Incidentally, he crashed a different 911 near my apartment a few years ago! GTR's are quite expensive in the UK I believe....

I wonder if they will come to Australia?

I have no emotion for this car...

More info:

Quote:
    The Nissan GT-R will have a base price of Yen7.8 million (roughly $67,700), and pre-orders are expected to begin soon for one of the hottest new cars to hit the market. That price is nearly half the price of a new Porsche 911 Turbo.

Earlier today Nissan launched the car's new web site, http://www.gtrnissan.com. The site currently comprises mainly of a countdown clock, and some information from the prototype and concept shown off over the last six years. The site is available in English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, and, of course, Japanese.

The GT-R, which makes its official debut at the Tokyo Motor Show in one months time, will be available in several different trim levels, including a base, premium, and Black Edition GT-R. No more calling this car the Skyline GT-R; Nissan is officially dropping the "Skyline." If you live in Japan, you will be able to take the car to one of 160 new Nissan High Performance Centers for repair and servicing. These sites are being created specifically to support GT-R customers.

Inside, base and premium buyers will be able to choose between black and gray. Black Edition purchasers will automatically get a black interior. Outside, six colors will be offered on the GT-R: Dark Metal Blue, Super Black, Titanium Gray, Ultimate Metal Silver, Vibrant Red, and White Pearl. Ultimate Metal Silver and White Pearl will cost a bit more.

These details will be officially released by Nissan later today.

Premium edition and Black edition GT-Rs get gunmetal Rays brand wheels surrounded by Bridgestone Potenza tires to give you an edge on the road. This available as an optional upgrade on the base edition, which comes standard with chrome Rays and Dunlop Sports tires.

A Bose sound system will let you jam comfortably in the premium GT-R, but you'll have to pay a little more to get this luxury in the base and Black levels. Also standard on the premium: an anti-theft system. No matter which model you pick up, you will have to shell out some more cash for side and SRS curtain airbags.

So if you're trying, like Nissan is, to break the Nürburgring lap record with this car, you may want to pick up those extra airbags. The GT-R's 3.8 liter twin-turbo engine, producing up to 550hp, just might kick your ass.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9070925.007/nissan-gt-r-priced-under-$68,000

I will be pleased to take over me. Woudnt like to see an ugly car in my rear mirror me for long

Here's a sideview of that ugly car:

Quote:
    temm said:
    Here's a sideview of that ugly car:

This "ugly" car will blow away most of the European exotics though, like it or not..

Quote:
    charliepug said:
    This "ugly" car will blow away most of the European exotics though, like it or not..

Yes, the VW Beetle, the Fiat 500 and the Trabant will all crumble, trying to oppose the mighty GT-R .

What will be interesting to see is how this will sell in Europe in relation to the upcoming Audi RS5. They have remarkably similar specs: 4wd coupe, "around" 4 liter twin-turbo engine, "around" 480 hp, dsg gearbox....

I think the GT-R will be a major hit in the US, but how many will choose one over a RS5 in Europe remains to be seen.

Quote:
    temm said:
    What will be interesting to see is how this will sell in Europe in relation to the upcoming Audi RS5. They have remarkably similar specs: 4wd coupe, "around" 4 liter twin-turbo engine, "around" 480 hp, dsg gearbox....

I think the GT-R will be a major hit in the US, but how many will choose one over a RS5 in Europe remains to be seen.

I'd take the RS5 over it.

nota direct competitor to RS5 imo, I think the audi has less sporting intentions in general, unless the RS5 competes with hthe 911TT...

It will most definetly NOT be a choice of car for anyone hoping for some classy image booster and performance.
    However just for fun and for certain younger crowds it will be a non thinker.
    That said: S5,RS5 car for me please

GT-R's are an icon for the "ricers" all over the world, because of the comfortable platform for modifications...

GTR is the icon car for the playstation generation all around the world! Or at least that is what I read.

Quote:
    Lars997 said:
    I will be pleased to take over me. Woudnt like to see an ugly car in my rear mirror me for long

Nor would you want to stare at it for too long if the driver cannot increase his pace.

Am I the only one who thinks this car looks great?!

No, I do too. Real sense of purpose.

I think it looks great from what you can see. If it goes like they say you would only have to look at the rear anyway

LOL, I think it looks cool and originial
    You won't mistake it for anything else on the road (unlike f.ex. 986 Boxster, 996 3.4 from the front...)

But pretty it ain't.
    Can't wait to see the real thing....

Quote:
    Woolfe said:
    I wonder if they will come to Australia?

I would only speculate as to why not? I'd think they'll be a market for it.. a 911 beater for a fraction of the price, albeit Japanese quality/ build. Perhaps it's a "grown up" ricer's car

Just found out we are getting it here, 1 spec only, and expected price around $140k, delivery mid 08. This is cheaper than a Cayman S here so looks to be good value. Tempting

Is it a 2+2 (i know dwarfs only in rear)?

temm is right, it GT-R is distinctive but not the best looking car. It has a presense but that doesn't mean anything. A Chrysler 300C has presense but it looks like a bulldog.

Quote:
    Woolfe said:
    Just found out we are getting it here, 1 spec only, and expected price around $140k, delivery mid 08. This is cheaper than a Cayman S here so looks to be good value. Tempting

Is it a 2+2 (i know dwarfs only in rear)?

I can only quote on previous generations.

But although you can only get 2 people on the back, the rear seats have always been a decent size. I have had 2 x 18 stone (250lb) blokes in the back of one of mine! My 997 won't allow that.

No-one has yet captured pictures of the rear seats on the new GT-R. I have been looking.

...Mad

Quote:
    temm said:

I think it'll sell initally because of all the buzz, but Americans are badge conscious. I'm not so sure you're going to get many people cross shopping a Nissan with a Porsche or an Audi here in the states. I'm pretty sure that I'd choose either the Porsche or the Audi. Plus, the GT-R is U-G-L-Y
    Yes, the Gran Turismo crowd will love this car, but they can't afford it.

Well as a >50 year old who enjoys GT3 i don't think they look that bad. Also remember there are different markets and other countries out there who do not enjoy your pricing structure in the States. For instance in Oz they are going to be priced at Boxster S levels with (apparently and yet to be proven) 997 Turbo performance. So taking out Brand loyalty i know what i would get

These are from a very talented 19 year old Photoshop artist:

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    763342 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435857 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260768 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257746 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    81232 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5324 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872742 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808217 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM