Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

A pic of my car

Not very nice pics maybe I'll take more time in taking pics once I get it detailed...one thing though thats buggin me is when i turn the key off the ignition to cut the engine the car makes this kinda gurgling sound doesnt seem right...any ideas?

Re: A pic of my car

any ideas on how I should get the front license plate installed without holes?

I don't care what anyone else says -- black is the proper color for a 997TT. Absolutely Gorgeous. Mean and sexy.

I'd be afraid to buy one, living here in Texas, because it would just be a little puddle in the parking lot on a hot August day, but black's still the color to get.

Beautiful, I'm glad to see you finally got it. I was getting worrried about you. As MMD said take it easy. I'm at 1400 miles and still getting used to her. This is my third Carrera but first TT and I am in awe. The performance seems to be getting better each day. Keep us posted on your impressions and detailing tips( yeah black is the most impressive color...when it's clean).

velcro for the plates?

But you could try run without a front plate, just get some plastic tubes, in whatever color you like, slice it open and wrap and glued to the edge of the front plate so it doesn't scratch the leather dash and put the front plate inside the car on the dash when needed.

Since your car is a US car and is not drilled for the front plate holder, when a cop stop you for the plate problem, just tell him that and you keep the front plate in the car on the dash. 9 times out of 10 he can't touch you. If he makes a big deal, just tell him if it was really a BIG DEAL, Transport Canada would not have given you the landing paper without you drilling out for the front plate holder.

thanks I like black too but just wish I picked a different color this time around...actually no I dont I love black! lol

But does anyone know about that gurgling noise when u cut off the engine?

Thanks whoopsy for the tip I'm not sure if thats right for me I hate getting pulled over period ruins my whole day.
    It just looks so clean as is though and drilling holes thats just silly talk! Hmmmm...

Quote:
    PandaMan said:
    thanks I like black too but just wish I picked a different color this time around...actually no I dont I love black! lol

Thanks whoopsy for the tip I'm not sure if thats right for me I hate getting pulled over period ruins my whole day.
    It just looks so clean as is though and drilling holes thats just silly talk! Hmmmm...

gurgling noise at cut off is normal, my car seems to do it much less now or maybe I got used to it, nothing to worry about.

That noise is normal, they all do it. There is a company that makes a bracket that utilizes the tow hook hole to mount, looks a little ghetto though. I'll try and find the linky. But, honestly the factory one looks fine if you gotta have a plate. Nice car!

Ok since I got it I will give you my humble impressions of the car.

Coming from a boxster I must say it is a whole different animal! This car feels alot bigger dare I say GT'ish? I really like it cause it more comfortable cause of the space inside the cabin. The car is alot more bumpier then the boxster, you can feel the road alot more. Feels kinda weird though cause all those bumps your hitting in such an expensive car makes me feel akward for some reason lol.
    My friend says the interior is 5 times better and Im inclined to believe it. And that new car smell you know thats proboly the reason alot of ppl buy brand new there addicted to that smell!

Ok So i ran it through 1st gear and the thing just wants to launch like before I do! You really gotta ease off the gas and just let it launch forward a bit then apply the pedal.
    I am just awed by the power in this car it truly is a supercar if you have the extra bit of cash drop the carrera and git the turbo its totally worth it. The brakes are amazing (red calipers) it stops my car like instaneous makes me think what PCCB's will do! Next time around I will get them, but the reds are no joke either.

Uhmmm what more can I say the only downside is that I'm nervous with the km usage in this car. I drove the hell outta my boxster but this one you gotta appreciate every moment in it or your wasting your money. Dont get me wrong I love my boxtser but I am not looking back!

You're making me want to dump my 997S and get the 997TT.

lol well I came from a boxster so yah but if i had a 911S then iono thats a tuffy cause you already have the 911s.

If you were thinking of buying either the 911s or turbo and could drop alil more money then yah no hesitation!

Quote:
    PandaMan said:

Try shutting the engine down with the clutch depressed - much less noise that way. Not sure if that's your gurgling noise though.

PandaMan,
    The noise is totally normal. I suspect you are hearing the fan come on. As for the km, stop worrying. I firmly believe that the TT is meant to be driven. Not that I could afford a Lambo or Ferrari but that's why I wanted a TT. It's the supercar you can drive everyday. And BTW based on the posts on this board it just gets better as it breaks in.
    I don't know about you but the smile I get everytime I get in the TT justifies its cost. I realize that a lot of guys use the TT as a Sunday driver or to impress friends. I guess that's OK but in my book that's a waste. Enjoy!

I must say the Turbo is FREAKIN INSANE! Its almost surreal when your in it. So fast and feels pretty cool knowing your the fastest thing out there..well at least in BC. I must resist the urge to drive it tooo much cause I use it as a daily driver when I'm not working-I do ALOT of driving!

Congrats PandaMan, looks like you're just as much in love as I am with your 997TT! I drive mine whenever I can but yet at the same time I try not to drive it too much. Somehow the miles just keeps on coming! I currently have over 11,500 miles on mine and it hasn't even been a year yet! Almost though!

And that gurgling sound...believe it or not, I love that sound!

Quote:
    Whoopsy said:
    velcro for the plates?

But you could try run without a front plate, just get some plastic tubes, in whatever color you like, slice it open and wrap and glued to the edge of the front plate so it doesn't scratch the leather dash and put the front plate inside the car on the dash when needed.

Since your car is a US car and is not drilled for the front plate holder, when a cop stop you for the plate problem, just tell him that and you keep the front plate in the car on the dash. 9 times out of 10 he can't touch you. If he makes a big deal, just tell him if it was really a BIG DEAL, Transport Canada would not have given you the landing paper without you drilling out for the front plate holder.

10 out of 10 times he CAN touch you, but if you have the plate stashed elsewhere, he may cut you some slack. (Which will be the case, may times) If you COP an attitude, you'll surely get the ticket and deserve it.

Some states have requirements for plate mounting that are very simple.

E.g. (paraphrasing) "must be visible from front, vertical, higher than 8 inches off road."

This means you _could_ put plate on dash inside car. Make a special bracket to keep it vertical and not scratch leather.

Check state requirements and see if there's a loophole there somewhere.

Plate-on-dash seems kinda annoying though. Haven't tried it, nor have I seen it.

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    You're making me want to dump my 997S and get the 997TT.

I know..., it's sad.

I dumped my 997S and got the TT.

Once you get over the embarssingly excessive and disgustingly extortive cash requirement for the additional 100+ HP it makes perfect sense.

The "better" steering and handling of the C2/S car probably makes perfect sense on a track. On public roads, highways, I'm sorry I'm now on "The Dark Side" and I think it's a false argument.

IMHO, on public roads HP and Tq are what matters (passing slower cars); you can't "attack" corners and curves maximizing the C2/S's precision handling without the threat of serious accident or a wreckless driving arrest.

Atomic that sound is worrying but it defintely says somthing about the car! Did you lower your car? I'm still wondering if I should..scared of speed bumps as is.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    763919 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436224 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260912 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257877 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82587 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5325 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

876621 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808600 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM