Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

GT2 Options Limited

just wondering whay the options for the GT2 on the German so limited.
    Can we expect more or is that it ?

- PCM leather not possible.
    - Why is there no PCM Carbon ?
    - Dials only optional in red
    - Only very few Carbon Parts

any ideas ?

Re: GT2 Options Limited

PCM in Leather will be available from May 2008. PCM In CF will NOT be available. CF options for GT2 are almost the same one as for 997 Turbo. Dials in other colors also from May 2008.

thanks for info kreso,

that's really stupid. in my current turbo i have leather pcm in terracotta. it makes the car looks so much better....

believe it or not, but that IS a reason for me to delay/cancel my order. the gray plastic of the pcm just looks terrible and ruins the whole interior. especially when fully specced out in leather and carbon and you have that cheap plastic destroying the whole feel of the interior.

why are porsche just not capable of introducing all options with market intro of the car.....unbelievable.

especially that it is available on the rest of the 997 range.....truly unbelievable....takes a master of geniuses to drill two holes for the TC and SC buttons......furthermore they only have to have it available in black and grey...that's sooooo stupid its upsetting me....

Quote:
    intouch1 said:

any ideas ?

Limited because none is needed.

Quote:
    intouch1 said:
    thanks for info kreso,

that's really stupid. in my current turbo i have leather pcm in terracotta. it makes the car looks so much better....

believe it or not, but that IS a reason for me to delay/cancel my order. the gray plastic of the pcm just looks terrible and ruins the whole interior. especially when fully specced out in leather and carbon and you have that cheap plastic destroying the whole feel of the interior.

why are porsche just not capable of introducing all options with market intro of the car.....unbelievable.

especially that it is available on the rest of the 997 range.....truly unbelievable....takes a master of geniuses to drill two holes for the TC and SC buttons......furthermore they only have to have it available in black and grey...that's sooooo stupid its upsetting me....

Indeed, without PCM in leather the 911 interior looks much less refined. I would also insist on this option.

excuse me for asking, but are you getting a new couch or a new car?

Quote:
    loe said:

Probably ultimate sportscar/couch...

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Quote:
    loe said:

paying in excess of 200k i feel i have the right to choose what i wish to have.....no ??

not really, even for 200k you will only get what they offer as standard options...

If you really want a free choice, go veyron or better maybach

sorry but that's reality...

Could you not just retrofit it in may ?

Agree...is silly that a $200K car w/lim new tech advances over 997TT (even keeps the Luddite gearbox for nostalgic elders ) has such lim cosmetic/Exclusive options choices ....given the profit margins on Exclusive options, suspect P is just as angry as many potential buyers re: lack of initial availability....

Can opt for algorithmic approach of a few of my car nut pals....they get first/early-produc cars w/as many of desired options as available at launch (F/P/AMG almost always have options availability issues on early produc cars at launch )....and simply tell dealer to spec another bespoke-spec car for build some 6mos later (when full options become available); and trade-in first, stopgap car once second copy arrives.....rather cheap solution to typical early-production options availability issues in case of new F's in US....but likely fairly costly approach w/GT2, given its likely deprec curve...

Quote:
    loe said:
    not really, even for 200k you will only get what they offer as standard options...

So you're saying that I can't get what I want for 200.000 Euros if I decide to get a GT2?

Can you hand me some of what you're smoking? It seems nice .

But really, Porsche will probably build you a tree house in the back seat if you pay them enough money .

Quote:
    Gnil said:
    Could you not just retrofit it in may ?

pcm leather is a porsche exclusive item and as far as i know they are not available for retrofit. only available with purchase of new car.

its really weird why they cannot have it available from start of delivery...a shame...

Quote:
    loe said:

loe...i am very realistic. whats not available is not available. but why introduce a car to the market and have a piece of leather available only a few months later...furthermore that stupid PCM leather cover is available in all colours for the whole 997 range already.....

just makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.....

Quote:
    Turbo Al said:
    Quote:
    intouch1 said:

any ideas ?

Limited because none is needed.

Indeed!
    Nothing more irksome than seeing GT3's etc loaded up with options aplenty, defeats the purpose of the car.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Quote:
    loe said:

Even a sportscar shouldn't have that cheap looking plastic all around

It is only good for shareholder value

Quote:
    loe said:

... or Ferrari.

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Quote:
    loe said:

Even a sportscar shouldn't have that cheap looking plastic all around

It is only good for shareholder value

True. The ideal GT2 would be black, with full leather and CF interior, black wheels and black sunglasses ( ). It's also interesting to see that you can get the adaptive sport seats as well should you want them.

Since this is a limited production car opting to wait for advancements of interior availability i dont think is an option. What happens if you wait till may 2008 and your slot for availability is spoken for????

Am I correct in seeing that they charge for satnav on their most expensive car, when it adds almost no weight and the centre console is there anyway......

Quote:
    intouch1 said:

Wow, not going to get the GT2 because you can't get the center PCM console in leather eh? Good call. Keep fighting the good fight

Quote:
    Erik said:
    Quote:
    intouch1 said:

Wow, not going to get the GT2 because you can't get the center PCM console in leather eh? Good call. Keep fighting the good fight

At a price of 200.000 euros I think he should be entitled to choose, shouldn't he? I know I'd wait.

Quote:
    miltiadesone said:
    Since this is a limited production car opting to wait for advancements of interior availability i dont think is an option. What happens if you wait till may 2008 and your slot for availability is spoken for????

Who said it was limited production?

I would wait also, get what you want. It is your car and a lot of coin. You might be able to fing a CF PCM from a third party (Eric?)

@crash thanks for asking but I'm not smoking anything

I just can't believe that as a car enthousiast, you would base the choice of your CAR based on the availability of Leather for the PCM??

And then nagging about wether 200k gives you the right to cloose whatever you want?

hello? real world check, it's still the factory that decides what and how, if you don't like it, there enough out there on the market to choose from
    (ask WBH, he'll advise a high-tech couch MB in the blink of an eye)

But lately it became a fashion on rennteam to slag of any car based on the most stupid, non-driving related issues... fine with me, but don't accuse manufacturers for not providing you with your specific wishes... take it or leave it, or go aftermarket... but stop nagging and just enjoy the cars you have/will have

Quote:
    loe said:
    @crash thanks for asking but I'm not smoking anything

I just can't believe that as a car enthousiast, you would base the choice of your CAR based on the availability of Leather for the PCM??

And then nagging about wether 200k gives you the right to cloose whatever you want?

hello? real world check, it's still the factory that decides what and how, if you don't like it, there enough out there on the market to choose from
    (ask WBH, he'll advise a high-tech couch MB in the blink of an eye)

But lately it became a fashion on rennteam to slag of any car based on the most stupid, non-driving related issues... fine with me, but don't accuse manufacturers for not providing you with your specific wishes... take it or leave it, or go aftermarket... but stop nagging and just enjoy the cars you have/will have

LOL

First it was the 7:3x and now the interior

If you don't like the GT2, look elsewhere --> Z06, 430, 599, Gallardo etc... whining and bitching is a female thing.

Regards,

They changed the whole set-up of the porsche car configurator...the exclusive options are now listed unter "individual"...I can imagine they will change it again. Beside that (almost) any option is availbe upon reqwest.

Wow,
    it seems that having more options to choose from upsets more people. If I were a car manufacturer, I would build the ultimate car, and say: Exterior, any color you choose, interior: no optiona available only two colors, brown and black.
    As long as you deliver supreme quality, everybody is happy.
    -Joost-

I went to the UK Porsche Festival att he weekend - Porsche cars displayed a used GT3RS - lovely machine but why anyone would have specc'd PCM and telephone module is beyond me - its a sports car for goodness sake!

The GT2 should have a limited range of options compared to the Turbo IMO - the turbo is the grand tourer, the GT2 is the super turbo for those that don't want the pure rawness of a GT3, but more than the turbo.

it really is beyond me how some people think......
    obviously all the people here that do not get my point never sat in a car with pcm in leather.

i have it in my turbo currently and it gives the interior a totally different feel and look.

if it was not available at all...well ok.
    making it available 6 months after start of sale of the car is what is beyond me.....the option is already being produced for all 911's so why delay it for the GT2

look at the interior of my turbo and try to realise what i mean !!!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    763149 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435736 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260712 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257704 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80998 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5323 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872626 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808085 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM