Crown

Board: Porsche - Taycan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Tesla Roadster

Also all the gadgetry in them gets old very fast and stops being amusing after a while, just like any electronic gadget. Can you imagine an EV car being a coveted classic in later years? Don't think so, no substance, just gadgets.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

xander71:

I did my week end.

I have to say that the car is fun a lot of fun, did not expect that, all what I heard about EV that they are boring, is just bullshit. The car is  fast, damn fast, and there is no problem in every day use regarding prestanda. Actually the most fun is on the autostrada with the audi/merc/bmw with their 3.0 turbodiesels...coming at your back  , and when you are around 120/130 kmh in heavy traffic and when you have freee lane in front they start to flash to pass...you flat out and leave all of them there and you are already at 200kmh..priceless....hahahah

The charge driving normally fast, ca 150/160kmh in the autostrada and normal in city I achieved 300 km , which is far better then expected, the superchargers are just fantastic in 20 min you got a lot of energy, they charge in ca 700km/hour, and it is incredible fast, and this year with the v3 they should drop to half of the time..impressive...

also the reaction from the people where not expected..all where tumbs up...especially from the young people.....here the tesla is cool....much cooler than any ferrari o lambo...and we are in the land of those cars here in Bologna..

just need min 50 amp at home to survive every day use...love this car ....will go for one at the end.....just don't understand the ones that are talking shit about this car??...the build quality is not german of course..but who cares..it gives you so much on the other hand.

Even driving fast on the autostrada at 200 and over in the fast curves was never creepy...just like any other german car ...maybe even better due to the fact that all weight is so low..

love it

Great report! Just mimmic my own experience with the Model 3 Performance. It's really an excellent car and really fun to drive.

Carlos from Spain:

Also all the gadgetry in them gets old very fast and stops being amusing after a while, just like any electronic gadget. Can you imagine an EV car being a coveted classic in later years? Don't think so, no substance, just gadgets.

--

Maybe the Tesla S because it was the "first" successful EV? If only a few survive in a couple of decades, they will be sold at a premium, like the first Mac. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (May 2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

xander71:

I did my week end.

....will go for one at the end.....just don't understand the ones that are talking shit about this car??...the build quality is not german of course..but who cares..it gives you so much on the other hand.

love it

The ones who claim they don’t understand is either because they have an agenda propping up German manufacturers or destroying Tesla’s coolness for personal reasons, or because EV is not “sporty” enough (which makes sense since there are no sport EV today on the market) or not enough range in pushing the cars to the limit (which is a debatable thing to do on public roads).

Fact is Tesla has managed to become the coolest mass market car brand in the USA in a short time, and that is scaring shit the others, especially the Germans, since Tesla’s coolness does not rely on what the Germans are the best at (luxury interiors and handling/sportiness). Tesla has already rewritten the entire automobile industry by embracing EV tech and by pushing software and efficiency to levels never seen before, while killing dealers and updating cars even after they are sold. Smiley

I would never associate the words Tesla and cool. My son loves the Tesla S because he enjoyed the ride and the gadgetry but same here, he would never use the word "cool" to describe a Tesla. It is a very interesting piece of technology but calling a Tesla cool is like calling an Apple Watch cool. It isn't, it is just a very useful gadget. A Patek Philippe or an Audemars Piguet, even a Richard Mille are cool. Different perception of coolness. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (May 2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

weel..in my old world of petrohead...cool cannot be assimiilataed to SUV of 3 tons ugly like brerad vans..and with the handling of a truck.....today all suv are cool in the eye of 90 % of the people......

I cannot see what is cool with a mercedes c or E ora Audi a4/6 or a bmw 3 /5...they are just old tech cars....nothing coool with it..

cool to me is the alfa giulia qv, the real sportcars..the old classic ones...90% of todays production is NOT cool....

When I drive around in my old Bentley from 77...that is cool because it gives me some kind of thrills..same as in the 993..and in the 458 of my dads....well the normal cars are just normal cars...Tesla is cool because it is something new....fast...unique...very high tech....

One question to you guys...fun driving what is that?? can you explain it to me?' for me it can be twisty roads.hiil driving..all must be done fast...I dont have fun driving slow with a sport car..it is not me...but when can you drive fast on public roads with a sport car??? very very few times....driving 130 at highway...booooring..so if I can do 130 -200 in just some seconds.sometimes..that make my highway drive more fun and I dont fall asleep....so the tesla makes the ordinary driving fun thanks to it incredible accelerations. 

--

993 c2

RC:

calling a Tesla cool is like calling an Apple Watch cool. It isn't, it is just a very useful gadget. A Patek Philippe or an Audemars Piguet, even a Richard Mille are cool. Different perception of coolness. 

RC,

You're an outlier (which is good, because you made this board).  However, to continue your analogy, AP, Patek Philippe and Rolex [which is compared a lot to Porsche on this site] are viewed by most as expensive, antiquated fossils for rich old guys.  With automated speed limiters, autonomous driving and ride sharing, the car is a gadget.  I give Tesla a better chance of surviving than Porsche and I say this a somebody who loves his Porsche and will never own a Tesla.

RC:

I would never associate the words Tesla and cool. My son loves the Tesla S because he enjoyed the ride and the gadgetry but same here, he would never use the word "cool" to describe a Tesla. It is a very interesting piece of technology but calling a Tesla cool is like calling an Apple Watch cool. It isn't, it is just a very useful gadget. A Patek Philippe or an Audemars Piguet, even a Richard Mille are cool. Different perception of coolness. 

Tesla is only „cool“ for people who are clueless about cars. They will follow the next trend soon as soon as they are told about it...

Come on, just saying my electric appliance do 0-60 inn under 3 seconds is pretty cool!

--

sure it is…..well...i will have in my garage old cars..loud cars, luxury ones..and now an EV as well, which is one of the fastest car ……..i think it is cool...and thanks god...non suv...hahahahahaha

--

993 c2

Whoopsy:

Come on, just saying my electric appliance do 0-60 inn under 3 seconds is pretty cool!

Smiley

MKSGR:
    RC:

Tesla is only „cool“ for people who are clueless about cars. They will follow the next trend soon as soon as they are told about it...

Many clueless people here then... including many that owns millions of dollars of ICE cars 

Sorry but clueless is fighting the fact that EV is coming and will revolutionize the car industry. Porsche and VW know this...

To translate. 

Con - Her Tits are too big

Pro - i played with her tits and really really liked them. And I’m a tit man. 

Con - No you did not. It’s not all about those tits. They are too big and don’t spend your money as fast. 

Voice or reason - Trust me guys. You are not seeing the future of tits. 

xander71:

also the reaction from the people where not expected..all where tumbs up...especially from the young people.....here the tesla is cool....much cooler than any ferrari o lambo...and we are in the land of those cars here in Bologna..

Am I in a parallel universe or just completely out of touch Smiley? What is the world coming to when Italians don’t think a Ferrari or Lamborghini is cool Smiley. A Pininfarina Battista is cool but a Tesla Smiley

From a financial perspective, Tesla is under increasing pressure in the credit (junk bond) markets...  1554274725959image.gif

1554760179330image.png

...the increasing yield indicates a material risk of a credit rating downgrade... Smiley

NB: Rennteam members please keep in mind that your deposit may be at risk, in case of a financial restructuring! Smiley

Q1 was really tough... We will have to see what happens to the demand of the S and X in Q2 and how buyers are reacting to the big price drops which did not really affect Q1. the price drop was THE reason that triggered my X purchase, but I pulled the trigger the day after the drop and the delivery barely made it before the quarter. It takes longer for people to buy a car even once the decision is made. Also the bad news about IPace and E-Tron range will surely affect things.

The Tesla rumor mill is full of a 400 miles S (close to 400 for X) before year end or so. Better motors are in the cards, and the S/X batteries are not as advanced as the 3...

I think the same as you...but since in the last 5 years the komunism in italy has grown so much..there is a social hate to wealthy people and cars. just years ago even the police would make you rev the engine when with a ferrari and lambo...and they would just close an eye if you where driving too fast.  the people where inviting you to rev and make some burn out...not today anymore at least in the cities..outside it is just lilke before thanks god. my normaly trip to the futa pass is just all about cars and motorbikes lilke always...but the normal citiy people just hate cars even here...at least the modern sport cars...if you are on classic cars all thumbs up from everybdy....I hate those komunist that are envy and only bad

--

993 c2

SciFrog:

Q1 was really tough... We will have to see what happens to the demand of the S and X in Q2

Q2 will be safe - as you took delivery of yours Smiley Smiley

Whoopsy:

Smiley Smiley

--

xander71:

I think the same as you...but since in the last 5 years the komunism in italy has grown so much..there is a social hate to wealthy people and cars. just years ago even the police would make you rev the engine when with a ferrari and lambo...and they would just close an eye if you where driving too fast.  the people where inviting you to rev and make some burn out...not today anymore at least in the cities..outside it is just lilke before thanks god. my normaly trip to the futa pass is just all about cars and motorbikes lilke always...but the normal citiy people just hate cars even here...at least the modern sport cars...if you are on classic cars all thumbs up from everybdy....I hate those komunist that are envy and only bad

Europe gets Germanized... Smiley Smiley

What you wrote cannot be true according to some people from Scandinavia and the Benelux, we certainly have paranoia. Smiley Smiley

When in Germany, the strongest economy in Europe, politicians start to talk about forced expropriation to cope with the current lack of flats for lower incomes in Germany, then I don't know what to say anymore.

OK, we agreed no politics, so I shut up now.

--

Freedom of speech is about dying to defend speech you don’t agree with.  This is what makes democracy work, allows for open exchange of ideas and prevents book burning.  At times I find it hard to support the purposeful denial of opinion. If you want to stop the types of social change you see you will need to have sensible conversations at some time and realize that until then you are not helping solve problems but rather helping those who wish to obscure the truth. 

Not talking politics. Just reminding everyone what free speech has cost us in the past and why it is important, at least in some cases. 

https://electrek.co/2019/04/09/tesla-model-3-performance-nurburgring-race-track/

--

There is nothing stronger than gentleness.

Couldn't even do one lap without overheating...

--

Leawood911:

Freedom of speech is about dying to defend speech you don’t agree with.  This is what makes democracy work, allows for open exchange of ideas and prevents book burning.  At times I find it hard to support the purposeful denial of opinion. If you want to stop the types of social change you see you will need to have sensible conversations at some time and realize that until then you are not helping solve problems but rather helping those who wish to obscure the truth. 

Not talking politics. Just reminding everyone what free speech has cost us in the past and why it is important, at least in some cases. 

You are quite correct. The Tesla fan boys all have their says, but they simply dislike people that don't agree with them. Some stuff posted on the counter points are not even opinions, it's facts yet they get shot down immediately and labeled as a hater. But by the same token, the reverse is also true. But I see it as a form of push back, over enthusiastic Tesla fan boys doesn't like their beloved car being shaded, over zealous non believers doesn't like being forced fed EV stuff thys they don't like.

There is no perfect solution, the fan boys will think being asked to tone down as a forum of censorship, and the non believers will think the are being unfairly targeted if they say stuff that don't agreed with the fan boys and got reprimanded.

--

Carlos from Spain:

To be fair they're not really meant for it. 

Carlos from Spain:

And who cares? It is not what the car was designed for...

SciFrog:
    Carlos from Spain:

But it’s what Elon billed his Tesla to be about, a performance car. When a performance car can’t even do 1 lap of the Ring, it’s not a performance car.

unless of course in the eyes of Elon, performance only means going fast from rest in a straight line, and don’t worry about the stopping part or the turning part Smiley

--

What is the over/under on the naysayers here?  https://insideevs.com/video-audi-electric-car-nationwide-advertising/. One is sure that the usual suspects will take umbrage as Audi kicks off its e-tron launch.  

Whoopsy:
    SciFrog:
    Carlos from Spain:

But it’s what Elon billed his Tesla to be about, a performance car. When a performance car can’t even do 1 lap of the Ring, it’s not a performance car.

unless of course in the eyes of Elon, performance only means going fast from rest in a straight line, and don’t worry about the stopping part or the turning part Smiley

There are also videos on the Internet where Teslas overheat after some heavy acceleration on a regular German Autobahn. The car is just made "good enough", is not meant to be a premium product. The surface is fine the rest is middle-class. 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764726 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436741 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261155 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258056 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82697 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5331 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877101 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809222 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM