Crown

Board: Porsche - Taycan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Tesla Roadster

Maybe but I think the ability to build this 25k car exists today. As he pointed out it takes economies of scale.  Together with Tesla’s innovation and all those fans who want to buy his cars it is tough to bet against him.  He has problems the other car makers would love to have.  I don’t get the personal animosity people feel towards him at all. He is not a politician and not threatening  in the least. In fact he is one of the most engaging CEOs that I can thing of.  In the end the market will speak so I suggest going short if you think he has no chance. 

he looks like he took something strong indecision

I don't see the need to bully him, he is trying hard.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

That  is the thing, he is nowhere near that economy of that scale, he can barely produce de model3 in its scale and has failed all his promised deadlines, even removed the 35k model3 version from the catalog, yet he says he can build a 25k model in 3 yrs? its not animosity, its calling BS when one sees it, and he lost the benefit of the doubt after his track record of overpromising and underdelivering. When he makes a ridiculous claim like that with a straight face to the camera he is like a politician, and its insulting. He may be a very engaging CEO but the irony is that the company would be better off if he wouldn't be and removed himself from tweeter for example...

The big japanese and german automakers otoh have that capacity already, VW already has 25k cars that turn a profit, all they need is to drop an EV powertrain in them. Tesla hasn't even figured out how to make two cars at the same time as he pointed out on the interview. They haven't even figured out how to turn a profit yet...
    --

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

All valid and very accurate observations. The market is difficult to make sense of which I find fascinating. I would short it if I were you. You can bet that I wish I had when I bought it a $335 three days ago. Understand that I’m looking for good news now. Smiles and cheers to you!

Leawood911:

All valid and very accurate observations. The market is difficult to make sense of which I find fascinating. I would short it if I were you. You can bet that I wish I had when I bought it a $335 three days ago. Understand that I’m looking for good news now. Smiles and cheers to you!  

If the market is hard to make sense for you then its twice as hard for me since I have to admit that I"m nowhere near knowledgeable enough on the stock market compared to other members here like you, so I don't to play the stock market, much less Tesla stock. Could be fun to try it, I alway's like to do new things like that which are out of my comfort zone, but if I'm honest I wouldn't know where to start.

--

I use TradeStation. A great company and App. I highly recommend it. Other than that it’s a frigg N jungle but good tool like TradeStation really can make a difference. You can use a simulated account and get good and certainly be in a different place 12 months from now.  I learned from the online trading academy which teaches classes around the world. Dubai, London, Chicago etc. lot of reviews available and even TradeStation YouTube training videos.  Have fun and just learn. The simulator is free. 

Thanks! Simulated account may be a start, may look into it kiss 

--

The guy has a huge ego, but he also runs several companies to change the world and is worth $10bio on paper. Lots of idle and “paper” chat about him here, but none of us even can compare to him.

the-missile:

I don't see the need to bully him, he is trying hard.

+1

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

SciFrog:

The guy has a huge ego, but he also runs several companies to change the world and is worth $10bio on paper. Lots of idle and “paper” chat about him here, but none of us even can compare to him.

Quite correct. He is worth a lot and he runs a few companies, but none of them public and he is crumbling to the pressure from himself. 

Had he not be so ambitious and aggressive in his push to to prop up Tesla's stock prices, the shorts won't even touch Tesla. He brought everything to Tesla by himself. He just does;'t want to owe up to it.

--

https://www.forbes.com/sites/samabuelsamid/2018/08/25/how-teslas-suppliers-may-have-killed-elon-musks-private-dream/#267bcfbd46c...

And now it is official. He did the earlier tweet about going private just to prop up the stock price and hurt the short sellers. He is not taking the company private after all. 

There is no possible way for him to take it private with the ballooned valuation of Tesla right now.

If Tesla goes back down to a more reasonable valuation, say 10-15 billion, then it is possible to take it private at around 20 billion.

--

Here is the official statement...

"Staying Public" by Elon Musk

(24 August 2018)

Earlier this month, I announced that I was considering taking Tesla private. As part of the process, it was important to understand whether our current investors believed this would be a good strategic move and whether they would want to participate in a private Tesla.

Our investors are extremely important to me. Almost all have stuck with us from the time we went public in 2010 when we had no cars in production and only a vision of what we wanted to be. They believe strongly in our mission to advance sustainable energy and care deeply about our success.

I worked with Silver Lake, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley, who have world-class expertise in these matters, to consider the many factors that would come into play in taking Tesla private, and to process all the incoming interest that we received from investors to fund a go-private transaction. I also spent considerable time listening to current shareholders, large and small, to understand what they think would be in the best long-term interests of Tesla.

Based on all the discussions that have taken place over the last couple of weeks and a thorough consideration of what is best for the company, a few things are clear to me:

• Given the feedback I’ve received, it’s apparent that most of Tesla’s existing shareholders believe we are better off as a public company. Additionally, a number of institutional shareholders have explained that they have internal compliance issues that limit how much they can invest in a private company. There is also no proven path for most retail investors to own shares if we were private. Although the majority of shareholders I spoke to said they would remain with Tesla if we went private, the sentiment, in a nutshell, was “please don’t do this.”
    • I knew the process of going private would be challenging, but it’s clear that it would be even more time-consuming and distracting than initially anticipated. This is a problem because we absolutely must stay focused on ramping Model 3 and becoming profitable. We will not achieve our mission of advancing sustainable energy unless we are also financially sustainable. 
    • That said, my belief that there is more than enough funding to take Tesla private was reinforced during this process.

After considering all of these factors, I met with Tesla’s Board of Directors yesterday and let them know that I believe the better path is for Tesla to remain public. The Board indicated that they agree.

Moving forward, we will continue to focus on what matters most: building products that people love and that make a difference to the shared future of life on Earth. We’ve shown that we can make great sustainable energy products, and we now need to show that we can be sustainably profitable. With all the progress we’ve made on Model 3, we’re positioned to do this, and that’s what the team and I are going to be putting all of our efforts toward.

Thank you to all of our investors, customers and employees for the support you’ve given our company. I’m incredibly excited to continue leading Tesla as a public company. It is a privilege.

Link: http://www.tesla.com/blog/STAying-public

That's the new model 3 ?

--

2018 White 911 GT3

Yup. I've been seeing more and more of those around Vegas

Stunning example of stupidity and the reason why for Tesla to incorporate geofencing with Autopilot, limiting use solely to multi-lane divided highways.  This system is merely autosteer with dynamic cruise control.  It doesn’t contain logic for traffic signal detection in that type of environment.  

That moron behind the wheel just allowed the car to run a red light, just great.

Lets face it, people are not smart enough to use semi-autonomous driving systems, it only takes a few of these halfwits to provoke deadly accidents because of using semiautonomous mode past its limitations (partly Tesla's failt because they are purposedly misleading about the abilities of their self driving system for marketing reasons). Their use of such systems should be limited and very regulated untill its fully autonomous.

--

Carlos from Spain:

That moron behind the wheel just allowed the car to run a red light, just great.

Lets face it, people are not smart enough to use semi-autonomous driving systems, it only takes a few of these halfwits to provoke deadly accidents because of using semiautonomous mode past its limitations (partly Tesla's failt because they are purposedly misleading about the abilities of their self driving system for marketing reasons). Their use of such systems should be limited and very regulated untill its fully autonomous.

Came across one video of someone claiming that he used Autopilot to follow traffic lights.  He does state that the Tesla can't react to traffic signals if there isn't a car in front of it when approaching an intersection.  The idiot is mistaking dynamic cruise control for a real autonomous driving system.  While, on principle, one believes that the government shouldn't be overly intrusive, there is definitely an urgent need for the federal authorities to step in and limit Tesla's Autopilot usage before there' even more carnage.

TSLA closed at slightly over $280 today, implying a corporate value fo around 45 billion.

Have the price drop another 50% to around 22-23 billion then it will be a decent value investment that actually fits the company. Providing they don't carry too much debt.

--

Oh dear, now Musk has attacked the cave rescuer again calling him a “child rapist” mail This is not how a CEO behaves nor communicates.

--

He is like watching a train derail in slow motion...

-- 

IMHO, Either he has lost it, or these are schemes to influence stock prices... can't think of any other reason why he would post things like these.

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

I think he is like this... 

--

The new/future Roadster is show from today for the first time in europe at the Grand Basel car show . 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Gnil:

The new/future Roadster is show from today for the first time in europe at the Grand Basel car show . 

Not quite.  What is shown is a styling buck.   The production model can still differ.  https://electrek.co/2018/09/05/tesla-roadster-white-prototype-interior-backseat/

bluelines:

I think he is like this... 

I think he was bullied pretty badly as a kid, so it's surprising that he would act like this.

So the woman didn't even bother learning how Autopilot works before using it, and is playing with her phone while behind the wheel, she crashes and she blames Tesla? WTF? IMO she should be prosecuted for reckless driving...

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/09/tesla-hit-with-lawsuit-after-woman-crashed-her-model-s-while-in-autopilot/

--

Carlos from Spain:

So the woman didn't even bother learning how Autopilot works before using it, and is playing with her phone while behind the wheel, she crashes and she blames Tesla? WTF? IMO she should be prosecuted for reckless driving...

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/09/tesla-hit-with-lawsuit-after-woman-crashed-her-model-s-while-in-autopilot/

--

True, but Tesla developed a system that doesn’t prevent a driver from misusing the system.   General Motors and Audi have well-defined limits on their self-driving systems, Tesla does not.  Tort law can be strange.

That's true, there should be a fail system in place to avoid misuse of the not fully autonomous autopiot like forcing the driver to keep the hands on the wheel at all times or the system disengages, but then that would make it too obvious that its not even close to fully autonomous system and they rather not for marketing reasons broken heart

Still, in the case above the woman has no right to sue, she was at fault for using a semi-autonomous system like if it wad a fully autonomous, just like the guy letting the tesla go through a red light because the idiot didnt know its not supposed to see traffic lights.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691057 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410182 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256228 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235421 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65750 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858825 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775124 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM