Crown

Board: Porsche - Taycan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Tesla Roadster

I was referring to his Dinos. I mean, it's not like they are good cars. Whether you like it or not is another story. Nothing wrong with liking old cars, but it doesn't make them good cars by any stretch of the word.

noone1:

I was referring to his Dinos. I mean, it's not like they are good cars. Whether you like it or not is another story. Nothing wrong with liking old cars, but it doesn't make them good cars by any stretch of the word.

I don't have a Dino ( I have a view on them Smiley). I think you are mixing me up with my friend  @ISUK who has owned and restored at least a couple of them.

Doh, you're right, I am! 

noone1:

Doh, you're right, I am! 

How did it feel to accept you were wrong about something? Did your common sense allergy kick in and you broke out in hives?

Enmanuel:
    noone1:

Doh, you're right, I am! 

How did it feel to accept you were wrong about something? Did your common sense allergy kick in and you broke out in hives?

Huh?

Enmanuel:
    noone1:

Doh, you're right, I am! 

Oh god, I almost choked to death Smiley

--

Whoopsy:
    Enmanuel:
    noone1:

Doh, you're right, I am! 

Oh god, I almost choked to death Smiley

Smiley 

11oLvTrSqsJhM4.gif

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

He’ll choke on this one too but explain, as only he can, why the author’s article is without merit.  https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-19/tesla-s-cash-burn-has-elon-musk-s-dreams-living-on-borrowed-time

As opposed to cars I could do without less noise in planes...

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/electric-planes-promise-big-benefits-air-passengers-planet-ncna862001

--

CGX car nut:

He’ll choke on this one too but explain, as only he can, why the author’s article is without merit.  https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-19/tesla-s-cash-burn-has-elon-musk-s-dreams-living-on-borrowed-time

What is so hard to understand about this? It. Doesn't. Matter. The stock can be worth $1 and it's irrelevant. No one in here gives a shit what the price of the stock is except you. 

Fiat Chyrsler was worth only $8B a couple years ago and it was making like 4M cars per year. The market cap and stock price are irrelevant to Tesla existing and selling cars.

Why the hell would any consumer care what a company is worth or how much money it makes?

I don't know why you have such a hard-on for TSLA or Musk. Did he sleep with your wife or something? TSLA shareholders and Musk made shit loads of money -- you didn't. Deal with it. You've been wrong about the stock for how long now? Wat to tell everyone who bought it at 10, 20, 100, 125, 200, 225, that they're all idiots?

So yeah, I'm not sure if you're just mad about missing out or if he did in fact sleep with your wife.

I like CGX points of view, there is some truth in it and he does have some inside industry infos. But he is so biased it’s ridiculous. Either he is short the stock one way or the other or he is in close business ties with some parts of the old traditional industry. But he has an agenda, his simple refusal to address it is proof in itself.

Like you Noone1 I could care less when the stock trades at, I just like the products, the vision and the revolution Musk already has provoked. TSLA short seller have lost billions as a group, and Musk has already won. He got richer and achieved things very few have and certainly no one here who makes a living trashing other people’s work...

noone1:
    CGX car nut:

What is so hard to understand about this? It. Doesn't. Matter. The stock can be worth $1 and it's irrelevant. No one in here gives a shit what the price of the stock is except you. 

Fiat Chyrsler was worth only $8B a couple years ago and it was making like 4M cars per year. The market cap and stock price are irrelevant to Tesla existing and selling cars.

Why the hell would any consumer care what a company is worth or how much money it makes?

I don't know why you have such a hard-on for TSLA or Musk. Did he sleep with your wife or something? TSLA shareholders and Musk made shit loads of money -- you didn't. Deal with it. You've been wrong about the stock for how long now? Wat to tell everyone who bought it at 10, 20, 100, 125, 200, 225, that they're all idiots?

So yeah, I'm not sure if you're just mad about missing out or if he did in fact sleep with your wife.

C'mon, seriously? Do you think this is appropriate? Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

To noone1’s question, if I were a possible buyer for say, a Model 3, I would only be concerned about Tesla’s financial health if it was fragile enough that I was at risk of owning an orphan car.  Otherwise, no, I don't care about its market cap etc. As it happens I don’t believe the orphan risk is high any more, because whatever happens to Tesla now, there would be a successor company who would make owners whole with respect to warranties etc., even if it was a bumpier ride to get there. 

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

Ageed that where the Tesla stock price trades is largely irrelevant to Rennteam members, assuming there is still a company producing the same electric cars and providing customer servicing, updates, etc in 5 or 10 years time.

BUT... if the company goes through a financial restructuring that exchanges debt holdings (e.g. high yield bonds that have recently been downgraded to Caa1) into a new class of equity (i.e. with previous shareholders wiped out) there is a risk to any customers that have provided an unsecured deposit to Tesla Inc to secure an order for a future vehicle.

To put that into context, at the end of 2017, Tesla Inc had $853 million of Customer Deposits listed as Current Liabilities on the Balance Sheet.

This would include the $250,000 founder deposits that some customers have provided for the Tesla Roadster.

To put it bluntly, given the current underperformance of Tesla as a credit (e.g. check where Tesla bonds have been trading) there is a risk of a financial restructuring where customers lose their depositSmiley

As an aside, it is worth keeping in mind that Tesla cannot raise unsecured debt finance in the global credit markets at this point. So why should loyal Tesla customers accept this risk? Smiley

Given the extensive discussions that have taken place on Rennteam, I sincerely hope that no Rennteam members are ever in a position to lose their (unsecured) deposit on a future Tesla, whether that's the Roadster, a Truck, or any other model... Smiley

Even if you have 100% faith in every word that Elon Musk says, have a look at what he is telling employees about focusing on all cost items, expenditure, capex, etc. The company is running out of liquidity unless they raise new equity capital in 2018.

At this point, the ability to become profitable and cashflow positive in Q3 2018 is heavily reliant on the success of Tesla Model 3 production volumes and margins. The risk to achieving volume targets is well flagged and even acknowledge by Elon Musk. The market is now also focusing on the risk to gross margins following the admission tbat Tesla needs a lot more employees and less automation to become a volume car manfucturer.

Caveat emptor! Smiley

RC:
    noone1:
    CGX car nut:

Being that I have no idea if he even has a wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend, then yes, I think it's appropriate since it implies he clearly has some personal axe to grind.

Boxster Coupe GTS:

Ageed that where the Tesla stock price trades is largely irrelevant to Rennteam members, assuming there is still a company producing the same electric cars and providing customer servicing, updates, etc in 5 or 10 years time.

BUT... if the company goes through a financial restructuring that exchanges debt holdings (e.g. high yield bonds that have recently been downgraded to Caa1) into a new class of equity (i.e. with previous shareholders wiped out) there is a risk to any customers that have provided an unsecured deposit to Tesla Inc to secure an order for a future vehicle.

To put that into context, at the end of 2017, Tesla Inc had $853 million of Customer Deposits listed as Current Liabilities on the Balance Sheet.

This would include the $250,000 founder deposits that some customers have provided for the Tesla Roadster.

To put it bluntly, given the current underperformance of Tesla as a credit (e.g. check where Tesla bonds have been trading) there is a risk of a financial restructuring where customers lose their depositSmiley

As an aside, it is worth keeping in mind that Tesla cannot raise unsecured debt finance in the global credit markets at this point. So why should loyal Tesla customers accept this risk? Smiley

Given the extensive discussions that have taken place on Rennteam, I sincerely hope that no Rennteam members are ever in a position to lose their (unsecured) deposit on a future Tesla, whether that's the Roadster, a Truck, or any other model... Smiley

Even if you have 100% faith in every word that Elon Musk says, have a look at what he is telling employees about focusing on all cost items, expenditure, capex, etc. The company is running out of liquidity unless they raise new equity capital in 2018.

At this point, the ability to become profitable and cashflow positive in Q3 2018 is heavily reliant on the success of Tesla Model 3 production volumes and margins. The risk to achieving volume targets is well flagged and even acknowledge by Elon Musk. The market is now also focusing on the risk to gross margins following the admission tbat Tesla needs a lot more employees and less automation to become a volume car manfucturer.

Caveat emptor! Smiley

No one is forcing anyone to give deposits and they are completely refundable as far as I know. The average person has a better chance of losing $2000 in the SP500 than from bankruptcy of Tesla.

Even if Tesla did go into bankruptcy, the acquiring company would have to honor the deposits otherwise they would be acquiring a brand with no orders since all burned customers would tell them to fuck off and cancel. It would destroy the brand value. And I think we can all agree that Tesla's brand is worth a lot of money, so bidders would simply calculate the cost of deposits into their bid. It's not even that much. $1B is peanuts for anyone looking to acquire Tesla. Toyota makes that in less than a month.

He did meet expectations.

One does not hold a direct economic interest dependent on Tesla.   Instead, having lived through the dot.com boom, and bust, there are too many similarities.   When that euphoric era ended, entire industries were saddled with onerous laws and regulations.   While many of these laws were made with good intentions, the rapidness to enact something led to knee-jerk, faulty outcomes.   Thus, many businesses were overburdened, leading to additional failures and some great ideas not receiving funding.  After all, it is small and new business formation that drives the U.S. economy.   If Tesla fails, any stronger language would send palpitations through a poster or two, many small investors, who currently ride the wave of being part of the utopian disruptive business plan will suffer economically.   Many may now say otherwise, but these same investors will be screaming for action, and the cycle repeats itself.  

Musk has promoted a faulty business model based on hopes and dreams.  Anything man does have an impact on the planet so the good earth citizen concept is less important than having a great business model for economic success.  There are virtually no record of any disruptive company requiring high CapEx to achieve its goals.  Before those pundits turn to Amazon as an example, Amazon worked off negative working capital needs.  That is, Amazon takes in cash from customers before it pays for the inventory sold to that customer.  As a result, the company funds its growth through that cash flow.   Tesla, on the other hand, must finance, typically through debt, is massive CapEx investment, before it realizes any cash flow, to service that debt, from customers.   This is a dangerous dance, and any slight hiccup leads to financial distress.  

Finally, one takes much umbrage at Musk’s treatment toward Eberhard and Tarpenning.  These two men made Tesla a reality, but Musk’s enormous ego forced them out.  They had the winning business model and Tesla, while having a lower market cap, would be on firmer financial ground if they were still there.

Boxster Coupe GTS:

Caveat emptor! Smiley

Very well stated.  

How about give us examples of your economic doom and gloom of what you predict will happen when TSLA crashes. 

noone1:
    Boxster Coupe GTS:

Caveat emptor! Smiley

No one is forcing anyone to give deposits and they are completely refundable as far as I know. The average person has a better chance of losing $2000 in the SP500 than from bankruptcy of Tesla.

Even if Tesla did go into bankruptcy, the acquiring company would have to honor the deposits otherwise they would be acquiring a brand with no orders since all burned customers would tell them to fuck off and cancel. It would destroy the brand value. And I think we can all agree that Tesla's brand is worth a lot of money, so bidders would simply calculate the cost of deposits into their bid. It's not even that much. $1B is peanuts for anyone looking to acquire Tesla. Toyota makes that in less than a month.

Unfortunately the real world doesn't work like you want it to.

In an event where Tesla went bankrupt and someone else came in for the buyout, the burden of the deposits wiped out will be on Elon, and the old company, not the new purchaser. The burnt customers can only get pissed off at Elon's lies. 

Look no farther than old GM and new GM. It basically went though the exact thing not too long ago. New GM certainly didn't feel any ill feelings towards it.

And if the burnt customers still believed in EV and wanted a 'Tesla', they will still pay deposit again for new orders, especially when the new Tesla is being run more responsibly and actually know what they are doing.

--

Whoopsy:
    noone1:
    Boxster Coupe GTS:

Caveat emptor! Smiley

Unfortunately the real world doesn't work like you want it to.

In an event where Tesla went bankrupt and someone else came in for the buyout, the burden of the deposits wiped out will be on Elon, and the old company, not the new purchaser. The burnt customers can only get pissed off at Elon's lies. 

Look no farther than old GM and new GM. It basically went though the exact thing not too long ago. New GM certainly didn't feel any ill feelings towards it.

And if the burnt customers still believed in EV and wanted a 'Tesla', they will still pay deposit again for new orders, especially when the new Tesla is being run more responsibly and actually know what they are doing.

Your analysis is based on the assumption of salvageable assets.  Few companies would want the Freemont facility because of the high cost factors.  While this is not the NUMI facility anymore, the Freemont site was the only Toyota facility never to turn a profit because of the high costs of doing business in the Valley.   Next, there’s the issue of the production model that doesn’t fit into the production model of the majors.   No other automaker is developing battery packs utilizing cylindrical cells, only prismatic and pouch designs.  This means the Nevada Gigaplant isn’t applicable to any of the majors.   The Buffalo facility for solar products would hold little appeal to any major as it is not a core competence for automaking.   Likewise, the direct distribution stores conflict with dealer model in place.  The only asset of potential value is the Supercharger network, but that too is dependent on how it can be converted to one of the standards for charging, i.e., CCS.  

One the short list of potentials: Ford, FCA, or a Chinese company hoping to gain exposure to the U.S. market.  

The assets taken independently only matter if the company is being dismantled. Before that, someone will take everything minus the debt and original equity in an instant and maybe even some of the deposits...

noone1:
    RC:
    noone1:
    CGX car nut:

Being that I have no idea if he even has a wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend, then yes, I think it's appropriate since it implies he clearly has some personal axe to grind.

No it is not appropriate, not here in Rennteam, so look around how others behave and learn, even your language/expressions are sometimes out of place here, but if you keep behaving like a troll who has nothing better to do with his time you will be dealt with as such, consider this a warning.

--

SciFrog:

The assets taken independently only matter if the company is being dismantled. Before that, someone will take everything minus the debt and original equity in an instant and maybe even some of the deposits...

Any company looking to make a bid would need to conduct a fair value analysis of each and every tangible and intangible asset in the company’s portfolio.  Without undertaking that analysis, the bidding company would not fulfill its fiduciary duties to its shareholders.  

In other dire news, JPMorgan analysts issued an underweight or sell for Tesla based on the emergent product from the majors.  https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/20/sell-tesla-shares-because-bmw-audi-competition-is-coming-jp-morgan.html?__source=yahoo%7Cfinance%7Cheadline%7Cstory%7C&par=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

What if you don’t have shareholders? smiley You and many just keep applying big old traditional company legacy thinking to a giant startup. That’s the key to such strong and opposite opinions about Tesla. And again I have no idea or skin in the game if Tesla will overcome its debt. But you need to take your head out of the sand for that one and think outside the box. I always like the underdogs. Apple was virtually bankrupt too, look where it is now... But that took vision Smiley

Carlos from Spain:
    noone1:
    RC:
    noone1:
    CGX car nut:

No it is not appropriate, not here in Rennteam, so look around how others behave and learn, even your language/expressions are sometimes out of place here, but if you keep behaving like a troll who has nothing better to do with his time you will be dealt with as such, consider this a warning.

Better send a stern warning to Emmanuel then too, right?

"How did it feel to accept you were wrong about something? Did your common sense allergy kick in and you broke out in hives?"

SciFrog:

What if you don’t have shareholders? smiley You and many just keep applying big old traditional company legacy thinking to a giant startup. That’s the key to such strong and opposite opinions about Tesla. And again I have no idea or skin in the game if Tesla will overcome its debt. But you need to take your head out of the sand for that one and think outside the box. I always like the underdogs. Apple was virtually bankrupt too, look where it is now... But that took vision Smiley

Vision and solid management.  Jobs knew his business, though management style could be rough, at times. 

In a bankruptcy, senior bond holders become the owners of the assets. They and the Court basically determine the outcome.   The process is based on the “Rule of Law” and has nothing to do with thinking in or out of the box.  

CGX car nut:
    SciFrog:

Any company looking to make a bid would need to conduct a fair value analysis of each and every tangible and intangible asset in the company’s portfolio.  Without undertaking that analysis, the bidding company would not fulfill its fiduciary duties to its shareholders.  

In other dire news, JPMorgan analysts issued an underweight or sell for Tesla based on the emergent product from the majors.  https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/20/sell-tesla-shares-because-bmw-audi-competition-is-coming-jp-morgan.html?__source=yahoo%7Cfinance%7Cheadline%7Cstory%7C&par=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

LOL. Show me a list of big companies who got successfully sued by shareholders for overpaying? Google even went into an asset auction bidding $3.141592B as a joke.

Of course any bidding company would do analysis. Why wouldn't they? Doesn't mean shareholders have to agree with it or will actually do anything to stop it.

noone1:
    CGX car nut:
    SciFrog:

LOL. Show me a list of big companies who got successfully sued by shareholders for overpaying? Google even went into an asset auction bidding $3.141592B as a joke.

Of course any bidding company would do analysis. Why wouldn't they? Doesn't mean shareholders have to agree with it or will actually do anything to stop it.

Here’s one: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tesla-shareholders/tesla-shareholder-lawsuit-against-solarcity-deal-set-to-proceed-idUSKBN1H43A3

noone1:
    Carlos from Spain:
    noone1:
    RC:
    noone1:
    CGX car nut:

Better send a stern warning to Emmanuel then too, right?

"How did it feel to accept you were wrong about something? Did your common sense allergy kick in and you broke out in hives?"

his post and his tone it's not is not comparable to yours, and Emmanuel has an immaculate record in the forum and is well liked by all, unlike you whos negativety and bitterness is all you seem to contribure to the forum, this is just one more example, so it's up to you, but there is a point we're enough is enough. This is a place were people come to share their opinions and experiences and discuss in a friendly and mature atmosphere, if you want to use this for something else then this is not for you.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688716 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408777 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255555 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234815 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65403 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857649 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773495 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM