Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Options code and what they mean

Wow! Very comprehensive, wherever did you find the time.
    Glad I didn't get the aluminum foot rest now, barely noticable. Where did you get the rubber floor mats to protect your floormats, I've looked all over with winter coming up?\TIA

AFAIK, C4 and TT models have more limited trunk space as compared to RWD cars. The AWD hardware eats a couple cubic feet, mainly in depth, I believe.

Maybe someone can chime in and confirm this.

Best of luck getting the chair in! I loved the hatch in my 944; I once hauled a card table and an office chair! It's great for road trip baggage, too.

Quote:
    TT Surgeon said:
    Wow! Very comprehensive, wherever did you find the time.
    Glad I didn't get the aluminum foot rest now, barely noticable. Where did you get the rubber floor mats to protect your floormats, I've looked all over with winter coming up?\TIA

I got my rubber mats from WeatherTech for about $50. Make sure you get the right one too! They sent me the wrong one initially but they corrected it afterwards.

And yes, C4/C4S/TT all have less trunk space because of the AWD hardware.

Where'd you buy your new shifter/handbrake, the dealer?

I ordered 803 because I really want the CF dash trim piece in CF because I ordered CF vents too. I like the CF shift knob but I'm thinking of getting a different handbrake lever. I like the aluminum & leather one do you know would it match the aluminum color of the CF shifter? Would the Aluminum in the Alum. hand brake you got match w/ the Alum in the CF shifter?

No, the CF shifter has that painted aluminum-look whereas the e-brake handle is real aluminum so it wouldn't match up very well. Initially I was planning to just swap out the e-brake handle leaving the CF shift knob in place but like I said, it doesn't match so I just swapped out the whole thing. I think that it really goes a long way in brightening up my dark interior. I get a lot of compliments from others. This was the only way for me to get the CF trim piece across the dashboard. BTW, I ordered the ECA package from Sunset Porsche in Oregon for about $900.

The DAD shift knob/e-brake (with the leather/aluminum) is also real aluminum too and wouldn't match the CF shift knob either. I actually tried to get this one but ended up getting the ECA version instead.

What you COULD do is order the ECA or DAD package from the factory and then order the dashboard trim piece from Suncoast Porsche (http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=P&Product_Code=9970448002x&Category_Code=997cf) and just swap it out. I think it might be cheaper to do it this way?

Jason, it looks to me like the ECA shift knob has a different shape than your old one. Is it noticeable, or is it just a function of the aesthetic design?

It does have a different shape yes. Feels much more beefy than the old CF shift knob. I actually kind of like it.

Here's the crest option for the console lid...

Thanks again, you're really good w/ the options. I definitely want to keep the CF shift knob so I'll probably leave everything alone.

Does anyone have a pic. of a Carbon Fiber Center Consule? How about one w/ the turbo logo storage compartment?

Porsche should PAY me for helping you with these options.

Check out this page for lots of pictures of CF bits
    http://www.europeanspeed.com/interiorcolors.htm

Thanks some good pics in there. This is how my doors will look.

Is the thicker wheel THICKER on the turbo than the 997 S? I got the XPA in my 997 S cab & ordered it for my turbo cab but the one I had wasn't this thick? Atomic???????

The pic was labeled "Sport wheel (on Turbo) w/ thicker leather option"

Love the way this looks

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Tony, you make me jealous. I hate you .

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Is the thicker wheel THICKER on the turbo than the 997 S? I got the XPA in my 997 S cab & ordered it for my turbo cab but the one I had wasn't this thick? Atomic???????

The sport steering wheel on both the C2S/C2/C4/C4S/Turbo are all the same either with or without the XPA (thicker spokes) option. You could always go with the standard version and then swap it out to the Techart version. It's the absolute BEST steering wheel I've ever had.

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

The sport steering wheel on both the C2S/C2/C4/C4S/Turbo are all the same either with or without the XPA (thicker spokes) option. You could always go with the standard version and then swap it out to the Techart version. It's the absolute BEST steering wheel I've ever had.

The stock sport steering whell on the 997 S is different then the thicker rim XPA which in the 997 S was like a $800 option. I got this on my 997 S acb but looking at this picture the XPA (only $310) wheel looks much thicker. Id the thicker wheel XPA thicker on the turbo?

>>Sport wheel (on Turbo) w/ thicker leather option<<

vs

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Tony, you make me jealous. I hate you .

"Tony'?????????????

The pricing structure between the different models are all different. For example, in the C2S you'd pay XXX amount for say adaptive seats whereas in the Turbo you'd pay quite a bit less for the same option. I'm not sure why Porsche does that. I'm fairly sure that the XPA option in the C2S and the Turbo are the same despite the price differences between either model.

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    The pricing structure between the different models are all different. For example, in the C2S you'd pay XXX amount for say adaptive seats whereas in the Turbo you'd pay quite a bit less for the same option. I'm not sure why Porsche does that.

Porsche does it for the same reason that companies cut deals for bulk orders; If you're willing to give them more of your money, they're willing to give you a break.

The base price of a Turbo is much higher than a Carrera, but you are rewarded for your additional investment with a longer list of standard features and less costly options.
    Even Porsche customers appreciate value for money.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Thats my car (I recognize the knee) and the wheel on the turbo is the thicker sport wheel which is much thicker than the wheel on my 997S but I had the standard wheel. I would think both wheels would be similiar if you ordered the thicker wheel? For some reason the wheel in that photo looks thicker than it really is so it must of been the lens I used...possibly my wide angle? not sure? Its a no brainer option for me

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    The pricing structure between the different models are all different. For example, in the C2S you'd pay XXX amount for say adaptive seats whereas in the Turbo you'd pay quite a bit less for the same option. I'm not sure why Porsche does that. I'm fairly sure that the XPA option in the C2S and the Turbo are the same despite the price differences between either model.

That I get. For example Basalt is a 8 or $900 option on the 997 S but free on the Turbo. So the XPA is the same on both cars but my question was regarding the above picture. Doesn't that steering wheel look extra thick to you? Maybe it's just the angle of the photo but the XPA on my S didn't look that thick.

The sports seats on the Turbo is cheaper because the full electric seats are already standard. On the Carrera, the manual seat is standard.

Quote:
    atomic80 said:

I think it depends on what the standard seat is. In the non Turbos, the standard seat is manual and in the Turbo it is power. Going from manual to adaptive is a larger step than going from power to adaptive.

Is it possible to receive deviated stitch on Carbon Multi purpose s/wheel. I have seen deviated on s/wheels and wonder what option code covered this

The only place for stitch on a carbon wheel is on the steering column

Now that I look closer, maybe you can get those tiny spots w/deviated stitch

What a useful thread Thanks for posting this info and ics...

I believe the steering wheel is covered by the "Stitching of Dashboard in Deviating Color" (24901) option.

Sent an Email to Porsche Exclusive
    Hallo ,

It is not possible to get deviated stitching at the carbon fiber steering
    wheel.

With kind regards

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Stefan Nadj
    70435 Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen
    ( +49 (0)711/ 911-24416 2 +49 (0)711/911-24128
    : stefan.nadj@porsche.de
    *Porsche Abteilung VKK3-- Porscheplatz 1 -- D-70435 Stuttgart -
    Zuffenhausen

Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche Aktiengesellschaft
    Sitz der Gesellschaft: Stuttgart
    Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB-Nr. 5211
    Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dr. Wolfgang Porsche
    Vorstand: Dr.-Ing. Wendelin Wiedeking, Vorsitzender
    Klaus Berning, Wolfgang Dürheimer, Thomas Edig, Holger P. Härter, Michael
    Macht

Die vorgenannten Angaben werden jeder E-Mail automatisch hinzugefügt. Dies
    ist kein Anerkenntnis,
    dass es sich beim Inhalt dieser E-Mail um eine rechtsverbindliche Erklärung
    der Porsche AG handelt.
    Erklärungen, die die Porsche AG verpflichten, bedürfen jeweils der
    Unterschrift durch zwei zeichnungs-
    berechtigte Personen der AG

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688975 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408915 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255621 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234881 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65461 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4640 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857737 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773693 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM