Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Help! Looking for pics. Leather PCM & or

Leather Seat backs! Black if possible! Thanks for your help.

Re: Help! Looking for pics. Leather PCM & or

I would go leather for the backs, especially with little kids seating behind. And even that requires care to stay in shape.

Quote:
    ADias said:
    I would go leather for the backs, especially with little kids seating behind. And even that requires care to stay in shape.

The way the Adaptive Sport seats come without leather are much better for kids. With the leather you risk scratches and pulls on the stitching just because of where it is, trust me I've had both types & have 2 kids that often take rides w/ me. I know what holds up better but was hoping someone had pictures of the leather seatbacks because I'm debating it anyway....... Or pics of leather PCM.

Look in my photo album for the yellow 997tt on the 2nd page I believe. There are pictures of the leather PCM. Larry has leather seatbacks in his but is natural grey. I took pictures. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you some pictures.

Pictures of the yellow 997tt: http://jasontang.virtuality.org/yellow997tt

And again...

Here are my natural brown leather seat backs on my Adaptives.

Leather PCM...nothing like it:

Plus Atomic Jason's thread on options has this in black, along with seatbacks.

That's a beautiful interior! I'm a Natural Brown fan, and I really like your trim choices. Very elegant.

Here's leather PCM at approx us$2300.

The STD Adaptive seat w/o the leather looks more sporty IMHO. I kind of like to have the back of the seat to look diff than interior.
    As far as the PCM in leather goes, I belive it will be more difficult to clean specailly as you will be using leather conditioner in between all those small buttons. my $0.02.

BTW, love the interior of Dan's car.

Leather PCM is just so amazing...

Porsche's exclusive department can really can do some amazing things, too bad it's a long list of overpriced options that are a headache to spec.

They should organize all the deviating stiching/exclusive options into neat packages.

Granted, the painted seat backs are 'sportier' looking but I have always considered the Porsche 911 sporty enough as it is without going to that extreme. Having had full leather interior 911s before, I truly missed the quality that they provide, particularly when they virtually eliminated it on the A.S.S. seats, forcing you to spend another $1600 just to get the leather back. The plastic, no matter what color you paint it, is still "ABS plastic."

I still think that he should get the aluminum-look PCM option instead. He was talking about how it'd be a bit too dark if he were to get the leather PCM and I agree.

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    The STD Adaptive seat w/o the leather looks more sporty IMHO. I kind of like to have the back of the seat to look diff than interior.
    As far as the PCM in leather goes, I belive it will be more difficult to clean specailly as you will be using leather conditioner in between all those small buttons. my $0.02.

BTW, love the interior of Dan's car.

I thought I was the only one who thought that. I agree I think the Adaptive Sport seat looks better stock with the contrast. I think that's why Porsche designed it like that in the first place. It looks sportier. The leather seat backs are really nice too, I was thinking about getting them but I actually like the stock look better. When you cover them in leather they look very much like the standard seats. And the leather PCM looks nice too but imho if you cover the PCM in leather you need to cover the seatbacks and doing so in a black car turns the interior very dark especially on a Triple black car

I had similar concerns in terms of matching the leather seat backs to the PCM for a sea blue interior. In the end, I think I'm going to order the air vent slats in aluminum look and the dash trim strip in leather.

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    I still think that he should get the aluminum-look PCM option instead. He was talking about how it'd be a bit too dark if he were to get the leather PCM and I agree.

You agree about that right.

The alum. look PCM is nice too but only if you get other alum. look parts like vent slats etc. It's too big a piece to be the only Alum look piece in the car(besides the other small pieces like on the shifter etc) And for my tastes it's a little too bright, doesn't blend in w/ the rest of the interior. Alum look stands out as the pieces your eyes go to & that's not what I want either.. Also as just a stand alone piece (Alum PCM) it doesn't go well with the rest of the interior I'm getting which will be all Carbon Fiber & added leather. CF Vents/ CF Trim strip & shifter/handbrake/CF Center consule/CF Door handles /CF Outer sills/CF B-pillar Belt outlets/ CF front of door finisher...... I don't like when finishes are mix & matched except for leather. Leather can be mixed/added to any finish (Alum or CF) and it looks good.

If anyone has a picture of a Carbon Fiber center consule with the model logo storage compartment please post it, that combo and look is one of my favorite things about the interior I'm getting.

We can paint the pcm flat black for you after the fact too. A lot less expensive than any of these options.

Quote:
    saxguy said:
    I had similar concerns in terms of matching the leather seat backs to the PCM for a sea blue interior. In the end, I think I'm going to order the air vent slats in aluminum look and the dash trim strip in leather.

That looks good.

You should also consider the Carbon vent package (don't have my option list here) it gives you carbon fiber vents & leather slats (which would look VERY COOL IN BLUE LEATHER) plus pieces of the upper dash in leather & defroster vents. I've seen this option on a blue interior and it really looks dynamite!

I like this look. It's not covering anything (except for leather slats which is extremely subtle), it's not trying to be something it's not. Add the other Carbon Fiber parts like center consule, Carbon Fiber on the doors etc. to round things out and you have a very purposeful built look.

Found one pic. w/ CF center but it doesn't show the storage compt. plus it's a tip.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Found one pic. w/ CF center but it doesn't show the storage compt. plus it's a tip.

It's funny how plasticky the gear lever surround looks - too plasticky for a $150.000 car .

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

It's funny how plasticky the gear lever surround looks - too plasticky for a $150.000 car .

You "want" "plasticky?" The stock visors put a smile on my face everytime I use them!

Porsche's CF interior trim is supposedly alot heavier than their plastic BUT I definitely agree: there's ZERO reason they can't make the plastic look REEEEEALLY good.

No kidding: take a look around you..., fine stores, expensive homes, other mfgr cars: plastic surface treatments can be quite amazingly impressive.

looks nice in nat brown.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690741 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409926 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256113 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235355 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65732 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858677 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774890 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM