Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Finalized the order: 997 turbo cab - triple black!

So I finally made a decision: I'm selling both the 997 turbo coupé and Lambo Gallardo Spyder.
    Both will be replaced by a 997 turbo cab (tripple black), tuned by RUF to 600HP (bigger VTG) or 650HP (Rt12 engine) and a Murciélago LP640 coupé (black or deep red exterior).

Here are the specs of the turbo cab:
    Build December 2007
    Basalt Black with black interior
    6-speed manual

450 Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB)
    640 Sport Chrono Package Turbo
    635 Park Assist System
    567 Windshield with grey
    342 Heated Front Seats
    608 HomeLink
    431 3-Spoke Str Whl Multifunction leather
    666 Module for Telephone PCM
    550 Hardtop
    P01 Adaptive Sport Sts Leather

X options:
    XSH Seat Belts Silver
    XNS Steering Column in Leather
    XTV Door Finishers in Leather
    XSC Porsche Crest in Headrest
    XMZ Rear Center Console - Leather
    XMP Lthr Sun Visors Lighted Mirror
    XTG Inner Sill Parts/Release-Lthr
    XCG Seat Backs In Aluminum Look
    XCL Surrounding gauges in Alu look

C options:
    CZD Dome Lamp Cover - Leather
    CPT Storage Lid Bin W/Porsche Crest
    CNA Defroster Trim Leather
    CVW Rear View Mirror Leather
    CCP PCM Package Alu. Look
    CDA Air Vent Slats Aluminum Look
    CCW Belt Outlets B Pillar Alu. Lk
    CXB Door Entry Grds Stainless Steel Illu
    CDD "Y" Trim strng wheel alu look
    CDZ Gear lever trim leather
    CGA External Washer cvr painted
    CNB Defroster air vents leather
    CPA Thick multifunctional steering wheel

D options:
    DAA Interior package "A" pillar leather
    DAD Shifter and handbrake in Alu/Leather

I didn't order the LSD from Porsche since Ruf will put a stronger one on it.

Now the long wait begins ... once more

Re: Finalized the order: 997 turbo cab - triple black!

your crazy...

Awesome, Rami,

Now you have finally come to your senses.

However, if I were you, I would jettison the Lambo Murci, KEEP the 997 Turbo Coupe-and tune IT with the RUF RT12 engine. Nothing better in the garage than a pair of RUF-tuned 911Turbos-coupe and cab, both with peak HP figures that begin with the number 6....

Quote:
    Turbo Al said:
    Awesome, Rami,

Now you have finally come to your senses.

However, if I were you, I would jettison the Lambo Murci, KEEP the 997 Turbo Coupe-and tune IT with the RUF RT12 engine. Nothing better in the garage than a pair of RUF-tuned 911Turbos-coupe and cab, both with peak HP figures that begin with the number 6....

LOL ... nice idea Al but the sensation of driving a Lambo is a very special thing. Not ready to give that up really Oh, and it also has 640HP!

Excellent Spec

Quote:
    Rami said:
    So I finally made a decision: I'm selling both the 997 turbo coupé and Lambo Gallardo Spyder.
    Both will be replaced by a 997 turbo cab (tripple black), tuned by RUF to 600HP (bigger VTG) or 650HP (Rt12 engine) and a Murciélago LP640 coupé (black or deep red exterior).

Build December 2007
    6-speed manual

635 Park Assist System
    567 Windshield with grey
    342 Heated Front Seats
    608 HomeLink
    550 Hardtop

X options:
    XSH Seat Belts Silver

C options:

D options:

All right Rami. Your coupe was one of the best looking one I have seen but cab will be even better. Great spec.

Quote:
    Rami said:

Wow, Rami, what a great upgrade!

Fantastic choice with LP640 and tt cab! Awaiting your pics...

Congrats Rami, awesome choices.

And in the usual Rami tradition I expect these two cars to be the best looking 997TT cab and LP640 out there, just like your G Spyder is now

Thx guys

Pics will be posted ... in about 6/7 months from now ... argl!

Quote:
    Rami said:
    Thx guys

Pics will be posted ... in about 6/7 months from now ... argl!

So are you selling the Turbo coupé and the Spyder immediately or will you wait until you get the new cars?

What is it with you guy's and triple black? The car will be a black hole only to be seen with a strong sense of smell.

However, I do love the RUF upgrade. What does that do you your warranty?

Awesome! Great specs.

Did they create "CZD Dome Lamp Cover - Leather" for the Cabriolet because XZD was for the coupe & they didn't have leather for the cab yet. If CZD is confirmed I've got to add that.

So far we've got 3 Triple Basalt Black PCCB Turbo Cab's coming to RENNTEAM. Silverrules from California, mine in New York and now yours from Belgium. Great minds with great taste think alike!

Congrats Rami! Excellent choice btw, making the more usuable car the convertible and having the harder core car the coupe. Sounds great all around.

Hey Rami,

My advice would be to get regular steel disc brakes and buy a little Fiat Panda 1.2l with they money you save from PCCBs. (Dont worry about the apparent difference in price. Unlike Porsche dealers, you'll be able to haggle the price down on the Panda to match what you saved on brakes).

You find the Fiat extremly convenient in town - especially parking and getting round that rush hour traffic in Belgium. Even better it is also a very enjoyable car to drive.

They even come in black!!!

Quote:
    SimonWall said:
    Hey Rami,

My advice would be to get regular steel disc brakes and buy a little Fiat Panda 1.2l with they money you save from PCCBs. (Dont worry about the apparent difference in price. Unlike Porsche dealers, you'll be able to haggle the price down on the Panda to match what you saved on brakes).

You find the Fiat extremly convenient in town - especially parking and getting round that rush hour traffic in Belgium. Even better it is also a very enjoyable car to drive.

They even come in black!!!

LoL! Good one.

Crash, the turbo coupé and Spyder will go when the new ones are delivered.

nberry: colors are very personal ... I always loved black cars, not just black Porsches. RUF offers a 2 year warranty with a max of 50.000km ... and on top of that the guy that owns my dealership is a very good friend of Aloïs Ruf. They work very well together.

Thx Stradale Would make an awesome photoshoot wouldn't it ... we're a bit far apart tho
    My dealer is double checking the CZD/XZD option. I have the XZD on my coupé, the car configurator on the German site shows it as CDZ on the cab.

SimonWall: When you have driven the Murci for a few hours and you get into the 997 it actually feels as small as a Fiat Panda

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Awesome! Great specs.

Did they create "CZD Dome Lamp Cover - Leather" for the Cabriolet because XZD was for the coupe & they didn't have leather for the cab yet. If CZD is confirmed I've got to add that.

So far we've got 3 Triple Basalt Black PCCB Turbo Cab's coming to RENNTEAM. Silverrules from California, mine in New York and now yours from Belgium. Great minds with great taste think alike!

Congrats Rami! Excellent choice btw, making the more usuable car the convertible and having the harder core car the coupe. Sounds great all around.

Greg & Rami, I think we started something special here with 3 Basalt TT cabs. Great minds are at work like Greg say's . hahaha

Quote:
    Rami said:
    SimonWall: When you have driven the Murci for a few hours and you get into the 997 it actually feels as small as a Fiat Panda

NOT driven A Murci yet, but I can imagine. (BTW - this months Evo has an end of test summary of the Murci after driving one for 36 months. The owner has decided to keep hold of it). Anyways, congratualtions on a great collection of cars. Hope you don't mind me foolin around a bit!

Quote:
    Rami said:

nberry: colors are very personal ... I always loved black cars, not just black Porsches. RUF offers a 2 year warranty with a max of 50.000km ... and on top of that the guy that owns my dealership is a very good friend of Aloïs Ruf. They work very well together.

Thx Stradale Would make an awesome photoshoot wouldn't it ... we're a bit far apart tho
    My dealer is double checking the CZD/XZD option. I have the XZD on my coupé, the car configurator on the German site shows it as CDZ on the cab.

Thanks Rami! Please let me know, I checked w/ my dealer and asked for XZD which he said wasn't available for the Cab but perhaps you've got the correct code for the Cab. Weird that there's no option guide for the Turbo Cabrio.

I noticed you didn't include mats, maybe you're going after-market? Instead of the standard mats w/ threaded edges you may want to order the ones I got for my 997 S Cab and also ordered for my Turbo Cab, they're the ones with leather edges. IMHO gives a nice finishing touch to the interior, no one will really notice cept maybe you but I really like them. Also did you really want to keep the parking-assist.? Not sure maybe you have a great reason for them but imho they're not needed on a 911, on a Murci or even 430 where you cant see really well behind you but on a 911, especially a 911 cab that's going to me modded. High performance modded Turbo w/ parking sensors, not sure you want that. But it sounds like you already gave your specs tons of thought so you probably already gave it a lot of thought.

I feel like that too when I go from my 430 to my 997. The 997 feels so compact and w/ the 997 cabrio you have such a great feel for everything around you, it really gives you a confidence you just dont get sitting in cockpits like the Murci or 430. You'd think it was the 997 that would feel like you're sitting way forward and have a lot of car behind you but in fact it's the other way around. Yet the 997 also feels shorter in the front to drive as well, much of it must have to do w/ the width & seating position. Check this pic I took of my 997 S cab vs. my Challenge Stradale.

Quote:
    Rami said:

I am not sure if I understand. Does RUF replace the Porsche warranty? Or does he only warranty his parts? I can foresee some problems with Porsche on this.

For an example, if the drive train or transmission experience problems, who would cover the fix; Porsche or RUF? I doubt Porsche will warranty any moving part after RUF has made modifications .

Not at all SimonWall! I have a thick skin

Stradale, I'll keep you up to date regarding the CDZ option! The parking sensors don't bother me anymore to be honest (visually) and I have become too attached on them. Don't want to go smacking in a wall or car because I didn't hear a beep On the Murci I will most prob let Paris build in a rear view camera as well. Visibility to ther rear is terrible in that car.
    You are right about the mats, I took the 'normal' ones because in black I thought it wouldn't be that much of a difference. But after checking my cocoa mats again that leather edge does look great!

nberry: As I said for me personally it is a great advantage that Aloïs Ruf is a very good friend of my dealer. To my understanding Ruf gives the warranty on the parts they install or adapt.

Rami- Added CZD, confirmed w/ my dealer. You were right!
    Thanks so much!

Quote:
    Rami said:

Build December 2007
    6-speed manual

635 Park Assist System
    567 Windshield with grey
    342 Heated Front Seats
    608 HomeLink
    550 Hardtop

X options:
    XSH Seat Belts Silver

C options:

D options:

Proceed with caution on the combination of CZD (dome lamp in leather) and with the 550 hardtop. The hardtop has a very sharp area on it that will cut up that stuff if it is leather. Since you are going with black there will be no noticeable difference visually,--but with leather, it will get cut up. (Trust me,--Porsche is having to deal with that for me).

Dan

Np Stradale ... altho we may need to proceed with caution like Dan L says. Will check this with my dealer as well.

Thx Dan!

Quote:
    Rami said:
    Np Stradale ... altho we may need to proceed with caution like Dan L says. Will check this with my dealer as well.

Thx Dan!

I think he was only rerring to a problem when you use the additional hard top option ,not sure?????????

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Rami said:

Thx Dan!

I think he was only rerring to a problem when you use the additional hard top option ,not sure?????????

Yes, he did indeed. I have the hardtop on order

Quote:
    Rami said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Rami said:

Thx Dan!

Yes, he did indeed. I have the hardtop on order

So what are you going to do?

Dan - Do you have any pics of the problem w/ the hard-top & leather dome lamp?

Rami - Why are you getting the hard-top? The 997 soft top is fantastic. Are you getting it to give the car a different look?

I'll post some pics. The issue is with the area on the hardtop that surrounds the 'claw' that attachs the h/top to the car. When you are working to mate the top (I use an EZ Lift now) if the front of that h/top area contacts the soft leather of the CZD you will scratch it up. Porsche here has been trying to get me a replacement part for literally months. The word onthe street is that anything that is from the Exclusive collection for your car, if problematic, can be ages to sort out or replace.

Will snap some pics.

Dan

Not sure yet ... gonna wait for Dan's pics first.
    The soft top is indeed perfect for winter but just as you said the hard top gives the car a totally different look. I always loved putting it on and back off after a few months

Quote:
    Rami said:
    Not sure yet ... gonna wait for Dan's pics first.
    The soft top is indeed perfect for winter but just as you said the hard top gives the car a totally different look. I always loved putting it on and back off after a few months

I got the hard top for my 997S cab and what a mistake that was. Every time that I put it on I get sweaty hand thinking it will drop on the car (NIGHTMARE). Used it couple of times and as soon as I put it on the temperature shot up to 70's. It's a total waste and takes up too much room in my garage. Can't wait to get rid of it when I trade in my car. Will never buy a hard top again. The soft top look much better plus you won't drive yout cab in winter when its raining anyways.

Re: Finalized the order: 997 turbo cab - triple bl

Here's a shot of the damage the H/top did because Porsche didn't soften the mount area against damaging leather in the center (CZD). Unfortunately, I'm still awaiting Porsche's replacement. (In the meantime I have taken some of the sharpness off the hardtop side of this thing with my Dremel tool and then have put some RTV on it to make it a little friendlier).

I have to say that subsequently, I have installed an EZLift which makes installation and deinstallation a one-man operation with little chance of this sort of thing happening again. It is rock solid when 'hovering' over the car. I have no fears of that thing coming down. With it suspended above the car it's completely out of the way. I like having the option with the hardtop.

Dan

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690199 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409566 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255888 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235131 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65618 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858292 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774500 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM