Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S World Premiere

The sexiest 4-door on the market just got a little sexier
    (Pay attention Jaguar)

Quote:
    First images of the new Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S have begun to circulate today as information on the revised model, due to be launched at the Frankfurt Motor Show next month, slowly emerges. The Quattroporte was itself launched in Frankfurt exactly four years ago at the German show, and during the intervening period it has driven the Trident brand's recovery forward, helping it towards its recently announced first quarterly profit under Fiat ownership. In Frankfurt the sedan will take its place alongside the GranTurismo which after its 'preview' in Geneva last March is set to be shown in full production form with its first deliveries commencing around the time of the show.

At the North American Motor Show in Detroit back in January the Quattroporte range received a big fillip when a conventional automatic option finally made its way onto the production models, and this new version has accounted for most sales of the super-luxury four-door saloon ever since. The new Sport GT S model will incorporate this 6-speed auto option (the only specification it will be available in) and it will be a further extension of the popular Quattroporte Sport GT, which was itself introduced at the last Frankfurt IAA, held two years ago - alongside the sister Quattroporte Executive GT model.

Re: Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S World Premier

Quote:
    When launched in September 2005 the Sport GT featured big new 20-inch wheels, a new large mesh front radiator grille painted black with a similar treatment being meted out to the three side vents, while inside it had new sports seats, heavy use of carbon fibre on the dashboard and door trims, and racing-style pedals.

Technically, a 'Sport' button made gearchanging faster (by an average of 35 percent), while the 'Skyhook' suspension was upgraded (and lowered) and the exhaust was reconfigured to give off a much more intense sound at high-revs. Other detailing changes included a new steering wheel, handbrake lever and gearknob; and bigger cross-drilled rotors as well as stainless-steel brake hoses.

Quote:
    Despite the premium commanded by the Sport GT (and Executive GT) these two models quickly accounted for most sales of the Trident sedan. Now the Modena-based sports car maker will build on the success of the Sport GT by rolling out the Sport GT S. Details are sketchy but the revised model is expected to leave the 400 bhp 4.2-litre V8 engine relatively untouched. Instead the engineers' focus of attention will be paid to the suspension with the Skyhook suspension reported replaced with fixed dampers. The whole car is lowered by an additional 10-20 mm. The massive 9x20 (front) and 11x20 (rear) alloy wheels will be shod with specially-developed new Pirelli tyres 245/35R20 (front) 295/30R20, and on the braking front, after further development carried out in conjunction with Brembo, even bigger rotors (made of an alloy-iron mix to reduce heat-induced fading and to increase resistance) will be shoehorned in while enormous new 6-pot calipers will be fitted, optional in blue or yellow.

Cosmetically the Sport GT's dark radiator grille and three side vents are retained while the cabin glass will be darkened further and the large aluminium door handles now colour-coded. The chromed door window frame trims will also be blackened, as will be the headlight housings, the white reverse light sections of the rear light clusters, the horizontal boot trim incorporating the catch, and the two twin-exhaust tailpipes. Inside, the sports interior will see additional carbon fibre/aluminium trims being incorporated and a new pattern carbon-fibre dashboard, while yellow stitching will become an option. New sports seats (with inserts either of leather or Alcantara) will be fitted. The comfort of the rear seats has reportedly been enhanced.

Hmmm, not that much difference compared to the Sport GT.

They should have used a Ferrari V12 with 500hp for the Sport GT S instead.

Looks good but, do not perform good... In recent AMS comparison test QP performance were at VW Golf GTI level...
    Example 0-100km/h in 6.5s...
    Weight 2049kg!!

you've right..immagine a v12 550 hp..not bad???
    but the strange thing about the 4p is that around a track it's incredibly fast ( evo compared it to m5 and 4p was faster in their track, and italian auto had a time almost as fast as m5 and faster than e63amg)...so it's just needs mooooore power...as you say..I agree...but it's absolutely the coolest 4doors on earth...

I'm not to impressed with the styling. The car reminds me too much of a buick...

Maserati issued the following press release to announce the Quattroporte Sport GT S: The new Quattroporte Sport GT S will be unveiled at the Frankfurt Motorshow for its worldwide preview. The Quattroporte Sport GT S is the ultimate expression of Maserati's saloon sportiness. Exclusively for those looking for an even stronger sporting edge in a luxury saloon, the Quattroporte Sport GT S, equipped with an automatic 6-speed gearbox, stands out for its exceptional dynamic behaviour and uncompromised handling.

This result was obtained with the introduction of new suspension layout, featuring single rate dampers and a "racing" set up. The Quattroporte Sport GT S sits 10mm lower at the front and 25mm at the rear compared to other versions of the Quattroporte, and also features new, stiffer springs and dampers.

The Quattroporte Sport GT S boasts a unique braking system developed in collaboration with Brembo. This innovative technology uses dual-cast brake discs, and this is the first time such a set up has been employed on a road car. Unlike traditional cast iron discs, dual-cast discs are made of two materials, cast iron and aluminium, to ensure optimised braking, improving performance in the most extreme conditions and providing greater resistance to fade even at the highest temperatures. The Quattroporte Sport GT S's new braking system also benefits from new mono-block, six-piston callipers at the front and tyres developed especially for this car (front 245/35-R20 and rear 295/30-R20).

The increased size of the rear tyres allows optimum use of the Maserati's V8 power, whilst the new tyre compound helps the brakes and set-up to guarantee a superior level of handling and driving emotion.

The Quattroporte Sport GT S's exterior is distinguished by a more aggressive look. Along with the black-chrome mesh front grille, a characteristic element of sporty Maseratis, the side window trims and the two double exhaust pipes are also in black, whilst door handles are in the same colour as the body of the car. The Quattroporte Sport GT S is fitted with eye-catching dark-chrome 20", seven spoke alloy wheels.

Even the choice of material for the interior of the Quattroporte Sport GT S reflects the car's sporty character. Traditional Poltrona Frau leather has been combined with Alcantara, which covers the central zone of the seats, the interior door panels and the steering wheel. Maserati has previously used Alcantara for the interior of the Trofeo cars and the MC12. The dashboard is finished in new carbon fibre with aluminium treads, whilst front seats are characterised by a new, more cosseting sporty shape.

Re: Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S World Premiere

QP is a legendary POS w/endless attempts at revision/remarketing....no tq; highly dubious passive safety; primitive creature comforts and Fiat build quality/aesthetics (except for Buick-like exterior portholes)....and prob similar/greater cost of ownership (comparing $0 down, 2yr leases of US mkt) vs an '08 S65 if one needs a sedan/SUV in which to haul kids around....

But suspect any guy who can afford a $150K+ kid hauler uses any sedan for straight-line daily commuting and kid hauling.....and, if really into cars and twisties driving, prob has a more relevant wkend twisties car anyway.....

Quote:
    JP66 said:
    I'm not to impressed with the styling. The car reminds me too much of a buick...

You don't mean that serious, do you?

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    JP66 said:

You don't mean that serious, do you?

If anything, that looks like a MB E Class!

The QP, on the other hand, is a work of art on 4 wheels

I have never understood what people see in the recent maserati's; they are not particular beautiful, not exceptionally fast/sporty. I don't think the handling or the comfort are outstanding... So; why do people like maserati's?
    -Joost-

how can people not like the 4porte , that is the question!

Quote:
    Looks good but, do not perform good... In recent AMS comparison test QP performance were at VW Golf GTI level...
    Weight 2049kg!!

Edited by KresoF1

veeery funny post ...

Quote:
    rosso nuvola said:
    Quote:
    Weight 2049kg!!

Edited by KresoF1

veeery funny post ...

You do not like me... I can live with that.

But, if you have a problem with AMS comparison test then send it to AMS editor, not to me.

You like Italian cars, that's ok and I respect that but, you should be little bit more open minded IMHO...

Quote:
    Joost said:
    I have never understood what people see in the recent maserati's; they are not particular beautiful, not exceptionally fast/sporty. I don't think the handling or the comfort are outstanding... So; why do people like maserati's?
    -Joost-

hello....I think because they are different if compared to the other cars, 4p looks the same since it was launched, no every years restyling like all other manufacturers ( bmw aud mb..etc..)
    it handles much bettter than the others ( says the car magazines) and I have tryed it myself, we have a mercedes S and it is absolutely NO comparable in terms of handling with the 4p.
    I think that people like a particular car, you have NO diesel, and it is the only one like bentley that don't have it..in my opinion it is a cool car. An mercedes S or A8 ora a 750, in just some years it can be found at 2 Euros and with gipsyes driving it..NOT to a maserati..and this could be the differnce????

I swear there was a road course test of the Quattroporte vs. the M5 and the Quattroporte still beat it being a 100hp down. It was a big story on the boards a year ago or so. This was the base model Quattroporte, not even the Sport GT model.

The big disappointment is Maserati being held back from truly giving us the car we want. Hell, Audi came out today with the V10 twin-turbo RS6 with 610hp at a price probably equal to the 400 hp Maser Sport GTS.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Quote:
    rosso nuvola said:
    Quote:
    Weight 2049kg!!

Edited by KresoF1

veeery funny post ...

But, if you have a problem with AMS comparison test then send it to AMS editor, not to me.

You like Italian cars, that's ok and I respect that but, you should be little bit more open minded IMHO...

bla bla bla bla , what is a golf gti ??? who in their right mind would compare the 4porte with a C segment car ??
    What about cheking the BMW, Merc, Lexus, Jag in the same category has the 4porte and then cheking their weight, and aceleration, and their weight distribution...

Quote:
    rosso nuvola said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Quote:
    rosso nuvola said:
    Quote:
    Weight 2049kg!!

Edited by KresoF1

veeery funny post ...

bla bla bla bla , what is a golf gti ??? who in their right mind would compare the 4porte with a C segment car ??
    What about cheking the BMW, Merc, Lexus, Jag in the same category has the 4porte and then cheking their weight, and aceleration, and their weight distribution...

If I ignore your behavior and just focus on the facts that you demanded:

Quattroporte Automatic - Test in ams 07/2007
    Gewicht 2077 kg
    0 - 80 km/h 4,5 s
    0 - 100 km/h 6,1 s
    0 - 120 km/h 8,2 s
    0 - 130 km/h 9,5 s
    0 - 140 km/h 10,7 s
    0 - 160 km/h 13,6 s
    0 - 180 km/h 17,9 s
    0 - 200 km/h 23,4 s

MB S500 - Test in Auto Bild 43/2005
    Gewicht 2140 kg
    0 - 80 km/h - s
    0 - 100 km/h 6,0 s
    0 - 120 km/h - s
    0 - 130 km/h 9,4 s
    0 - 140 km/h - s
    0 - 160 km/h - s
    0 - 180 km/h - s
    0 - 200 km/h 21,5 s

BMW 760 Li - Test in Auto Zeitung Jahrbuch 2007
    Gewicht 2239 kg
    0 - 80 km/h 4,1 s
    0 - 100 km/h 5,4 s
    0 - 120 km/h 7,3 s
    0 - 130 km/h - s
    0 - 140 km/h 9,3 s
    0 - 160 km/h 11,6 s
    0 - 180 km/h 14,7 s
    0 - 200 km/h 18,3 s

Audi A8 Lang W12 - Test in Auto Zeitung Jahrbuch 2007
    Gewicht 2089 kg
    0 - 80 km/h 4,0 s
    0 - 100 km/h 5,4 s
    0 - 120 km/h 7,3 s
    0 - 130 km/h - s
    0 - 140 km/h 9,3 s
    0 - 160 km/h 11,8 s
    0 - 180 km/h 14,9 s
    0 - 200 km/h 18,4 s

Want me to continue? The fact is that the car is slow, compared to its competition. Also, a Golf GTI with just a chip will give it a good run for its money up to 200 km/h.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Want me to continue? The fact is that the car is slow, compared to its competition. Also, a Golf GTI with just a chip will give it a good run for its money up to 200 km/h.

Well, with only 400hp and over 2000kg you can't expect more, can you?

And there's no sense in comparing a car like the Quattroporte with a beefed up hatchback, moreover if you can tune ANY small turbo-car so that it's faster than even sports cars that cost ten times as much.

Nevertheless it's a fact that the Quattoporte would deserve at least 50hp more as well as a bigger capacity, especially at the price you have to pay for the Italian.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

Well, with only 400hp and over 2000kg you can't expect more, can you?

And there's no sense in comparing a car like the Quattroporte with a beefed up hatchback, moreover if you can tune ANY small turbo-car so that it's faster than even sports cars that cost ten times as much.

Nevertheless it's a fact that the Quattoporte would deserve at least 50hp more as well as a bigger capacity, especially at the price you have to pay for the Italian.

Yes, that's my point. It just can't compete with the competition in its own class - it's just outgunned by every single car in its category. The GTI was just thrown in for goods measure. A 25.000 Euro car with just a chip (not a major mod) making a 100.000 Euro car sweat like that .

remember straight lines befor or after finish...and then startes winding roads..........also the diesel car are faster thatn s 500 760 4p..etc...an 335d will destroy all of those cars above....
    but in handling the 4p it is a class of it's own...but the fact is.. that needs much mooore power...and i cannot understand what they are waiting for???!!!??!?!?!? put v12 600hp..!!!!

Quote:
    xander71 said:
    remember straight lines befor or after finish...and then startes winding roads..........also the diesel car are faster thatn s 500 760 4p..etc...an 335d will destroy all of those cars above....
    but in handling the 4p it is a class of it's own...but the fact is.. that needs much mooore power...and i cannot understand what they are waiting for???!!!??!?!?!? put v12 600hp..!!!!

600hp-V12 will never happen. That car would be a threat to Ferrari's 612 Scaglietti. But a V12, in fact the same engine as in the 612, detuned to let's say 480hp could become reality.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    xander71 said:

600hp-V12 will never happen. That car would be a threat to Ferrari's 612 Scaglietti. But a V12, in fact the same engine as in the 612, detuned to let's say 480hp could become reality.

What is NBR of latest/greatest QP vs S63/65? Drove a QP briefly in mtn twisties about a yr ago....was rather unimpressed w/QP's steering, chassis balance, brakes, tq, gearbox vs '08 S65 that I drove briefly in same twisties recently....

Have briefly driven 4300lb, $300K 612 on fast urban CA fwys in dense traffic....and its tq and shiftspeeds are rather underwhelming vs CL63 or 599....and 612's lack of side/head airbags says volumes about F's safety engineering/tech...

Suspect even the guys at Fiat (or whoever owns Maser these days) know that repeat F buyers in CA who have 599 (and Scud in early '08) for wkend twisties will prob rather have an S65 as their daily family SUV than any car w/less tq....and dubious safety....

In US, QP is marketed like a more upscale, Italian Jag for "ladies who lunch".....w/endless discts and lease deals to move a few units, esp in "aspirational", clueless mkts like FL/OC, etc....

Quote:
    WBH said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    xander71 said:

What is NBR of latest/greatest QP vs S63/65? Drove a QP briefly in mtn twisties about a yr ago....was rather unimpressed w/QP's steering, chassis balance, brakes, tq, gearbox vs '08 S65 that I drove briefly in same twisties recently....

Have briefly driven 4300lb, $300K 612 on fast urban CA fwys in dense traffic....and its tq and shiftspeeds are rather underwhelming vs CL63 or 599....and 612's lack of side/head airbags says volumes about F's safety engineering/tech...

Suspect even the guys at Fiat (or whoever owns Maser these days) know that repeat F buyers in CA who have 599 (and Scud in early '08) for wkend twisties will prob rather have an S65 as their daily family SUV than any car w/less tq....and dubious safety....

In US, QP is marketed like a more upscale, Italian Jag for "ladies who lunch".....w/endless discts and lease deals to move a few units, esp in "aspirational", clueless mkts like FL/OC, etc....

it took me 10 min to undertans your english ...
    I agree with you 4porte has not enough power to match s63/65, but around a track it's faster!!!! and tells me a lot of the bad chassis a S class have compared!!!
    I agree what you say in terms of safety.
    1 questions, do you guys in the US really have the opportunity to drive cars fast enough to understand what they go for?????
    Here in italy you still can, there are some really nice roads where people try their bike, cars..like the mountain road from bologna to florence ( millemiglia)....
    I was in Monza invited to test the AMG production, this car after 2 laps cannot brake anymore!!!!you arrive at the end of the straight and at the 150m sign..you must pray that they are working!!!!
    the AMG cars are beautiful poewrful super cars for cruising and do drag races with....
    On the road to cortina ( glam place in the alpes where U can see the best car in production). in night time all those guys are having fun with their supercars, and last year I was driving my friends 4porte and we was fighting with 3 guys having 997,bmw645,E63amg...in those roads the n1 was 997 and then the 4porte..the AMG had problems in curves, but as fast as the curves stopped it comes right up at the back of the 4porte...but really bad brakes everything was smoking after that in the AMG!!!!

this only to say that I really drove the car as if it was "stolen"...and it's a great car, it's only need much more power..you can't compare its handling with the s63/65 if you DRIVE the cars, not cruising with them.

Quote:
    Crash said:

Gewicht 2077 kg
    0 - 80 km/h 4,5 s
    0 - 100 km/h 6,1 s
    0 - 120 km/h 8,2 s
    0 - 130 km/h 9,5 s
    0 - 140 km/h 10,7 s
    0 - 160 km/h 13,6 s
    0 - 180 km/h 17,9 s
    0 - 200 km/h 23,4 s

Gewicht 2140 kg
    0 - 80 km/h - s
    0 - 100 km/h 6,0 s
    0 - 120 km/h - s
    0 - 130 km/h 9,4 s
    0 - 140 km/h - s
    0 - 160 km/h - s
    0 - 180 km/h - s
    0 - 200 km/h 21,5 s

Gewicht 2239 kg
    0 - 80 km/h 4,1 s
    0 - 100 km/h 5,4 s
    0 - 120 km/h 7,3 s
    0 - 130 km/h - s
    0 - 140 km/h 9,3 s
    0 - 160 km/h 11,6 s
    0 - 180 km/h 14,7 s
    0 - 200 km/h 18,3 s

Gewicht 2089 kg
    0 - 80 km/h 4,0 s
    0 - 100 km/h 5,4 s
    0 - 120 km/h 7,3 s
    0 - 130 km/h - s
    0 - 140 km/h 9,3 s
    0 - 160 km/h 11,8 s
    0 - 180 km/h 14,9 s
    0 - 200 km/h 18,4 s

Please do continue!!!!!! your post is even funnier than the one from Kreso, i iam learning now that the A8 w12 goes against the v8 4porte ...
    You forgot the weight destribution, which is something important for a sports car, of course in a straight line makes no big diference ...and i tought that fast and the furios generation drived only tuned jap cars...

ANd i say again what is a golf gti ???? is that like a reference in sports car?? because if it is i think that in the european C segment you il find better sports car , but that's just me , ho am i to contradic the bible of automobile truth that is AMS

Quote:
    xander71 said:

At least one person understands what i am trying to say
    But i desagree with the v12 on the 4porte , it would have the same problems/benefits of the other cars , it would go fast on a straight line , but would stay on the rold only with the electronics and it would melt the brakes.
    Besides the that the 4porte is not far away from being updated... for me, the best engine would be the new 4.7 v8 .

OK.

Let me ask you just one question-who is buying over 5m long limousine for winding road driving?
    Only true Maserati fan I guess?
    And do you really belive that QP is better handler then Audi S8 for example?

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    OK.

Let me ask you just one question-who is buying over 5m long limousine for winding road driving?
    Only true Maserati fan I guess?
    And do you really belive that QP is better handler then Audi S8 for example?

who is buying??? why are every big car maker going to make their 5m long sport limo???? panamera , rapid...etc..
    I can just talk for what i'm trying 4porte compared to S klass..no match in handling!
    I like all cars, and i love the technical solutions of differnt carmakers, and i'm not a fan of an particular constructor.
    I'm just saying that 4porte is a really good car and handles better thatn the competitors,that I have tryed.
    I love cars and think that is funny to discuss togheter with virtual friends about different ideas that we have.
    But only to inform you that I have international c licenze, done porsche cup in italy , done this year the 24h of nurburgring 6h misano, and other races. So I think that if I have an idea of a cars hanlding, it is due that I have tryed it, AND NOT READ IT IN SOME CAR MAGAZINE.
    Cannot say anything about s8, because I've only tryed an A8 and I can say it's a really good car but it feels like a front w drive, and its a lot understeering, guess the s8 is better, but if not there is again no match!
    bye .

Quote:
    rosso nuvola said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

Gewicht 2077 kg
    0 - 80 km/h 4,5 s
    0 - 100 km/h 6,1 s
    0 - 120 km/h 8,2 s
    0 - 130 km/h 9,5 s
    0 - 140 km/h 10,7 s
    0 - 160 km/h 13,6 s
    0 - 180 km/h 17,9 s
    0 - 200 km/h 23,4 s

Gewicht 2140 kg
    0 - 80 km/h - s
    0 - 100 km/h 6,0 s
    0 - 120 km/h - s
    0 - 130 km/h 9,4 s
    0 - 140 km/h - s
    0 - 160 km/h - s
    0 - 180 km/h - s
    0 - 200 km/h 21,5 s

Gewicht 2239 kg
    0 - 80 km/h 4,1 s
    0 - 100 km/h 5,4 s
    0 - 120 km/h 7,3 s
    0 - 130 km/h - s
    0 - 140 km/h 9,3 s
    0 - 160 km/h 11,6 s
    0 - 180 km/h 14,7 s
    0 - 200 km/h 18,3 s

Gewicht 2089 kg
    0 - 80 km/h 4,0 s
    0 - 100 km/h 5,4 s
    0 - 120 km/h 7,3 s
    0 - 130 km/h - s
    0 - 140 km/h 9,3 s
    0 - 160 km/h 11,8 s
    0 - 180 km/h 14,9 s
    0 - 200 km/h 18,4 s

Please do continue!!!!!! your post is even funnier than the one from Kreso, i iam learning now that the A8 w12 goes against the v8 4porte ...
    You forgot the weight destribution, which is something important for a sports car, of course in a straight line makes no big diference ...and i tought that fast and the furios generation drived only tuned jap cars...

ANd i say again what is a golf gti ???? is that like a reference in sports car?? because if it is i think that in the european C segment you il find better sports car , but that's just me , ho am i to contradic the bible of automobile truth that is AMS

So now you're calling the two-ton Quattroporte a sports car. You're right. My post was funny. Your post is downright hilarious and laughably naive.
    Your "gehirnlöser" comment about the Fast and the furious crowd is insulting, but let me just remind you to look yourself in the mirror. You remind me a lot of the Supra fans - impolite and judgmental.
    In any case, the Quattroporte is a 2-ton saloon. It is meant for highways and it is completely outclassed by its competition.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    761949 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435099 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260375 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257458 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80900 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5318 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871961 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807318 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM