Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Options code and what they mean

With the help of Larry (Over the Hill). I've managed to put together one of the first of a comprehensive series of images and options codes showing what they are. Please feel free to take your own pictures and post them online along with the option codes too. This will help folks decide what options to order for their cars.

425 - Rear wiper

509 - Fire Extinguisher

DAD vs ECA vs DAW vs DAX. We never did figure out whether or not DAW/DAX includes CDZ (gear shift trim in leather) because apparently if you get DAX or DAW, you cannot get CDZ so it's possible that either one of those two options already includes CDZ. Anyone confirm that yet?

CDZ - Gear shift trim in leather

CUV - Storage compartment lid with model logo

CUV - Storage compartment lid with model logo XMZ - rear center console in leather and DAD - aluminum (real) ebrake handle

CXB - Door entry guards stainless steel illuminated

DAD - Ebrake handle in aluminum (real) and XMZ - rear center console in leather

DAD - gear shift knob in aluminum (real)

EAA - Switch panel in leather package (thanks to TulsaTurbo)

ECA - Ebrake handle in aluminum (real)

ECA - Shift knob in aluminum (real)

ECA - Ebrake handle + shift knob in aluminum (real) and XMZ - rear center console in leather

XMP - Leather sun visors

Close-up

XMZ - Rear center console in leather

XNS - Steering column in leather

XSB - Sport seat back in leather (includes aluminum painted lower sections too

XTV - Door finishers in leather

XXZ - Aluminum footrest

XZD - Dome light cover in leather

CUR - PCM Package Leather

Re: Options code and what they mean

Wow, just a big wow, nicely done atomic.

I think we should get you a job at Porsche doing ordering

EXCELLENT idea

CDA: Slats on air ducts aluminum look

Shame we don't have like a Wiki section on this site as this thread would really benefit from an index at the top.

Anyway, another pic of CDA:

CPA: Thicker three-spoke multi-function steering wheel in smooth leather (only with PCM)

Jason, I have to ask because I've read conflicting things. For the ECA option is the handbrake in aluminum or aluminum look? I know you wrote (real) which to me means it is real aluminum, but wanted to make sure.

BTW, DAW does include CDZ - would have to assume DAX does as well. I received this email from Porsche exclusive:

".... gearshifter and handbrake lever are the same, but DAW includes the CDZ which makes it possible for us to send the package to our supplier who can work with deviating stitchings. DAD is not available with deviating stitchings."

Keep it up guys, I'll be ordering my 911 by next month and this is really going to help me choose the perfect options

saxguy, ECA option DOES include real aluminum gear shifter and e-brake handles. Trust me on that, it's real! Not sure why others would say that its not. I swapped out my carbon fiber shift knob for these recently.

BTW, this is the CF trim pieces which I have for sale. PM me.

803 - Carbon package

And thanks for the clarification on whether or not DAW/DAX includes CDZ.

692 Remote CD Changer (6 Disc)

CXF - Red tailights but also shows 635 - Park Assist System

I've since then removed these lights.

431 - Standard multi-function steering wheel with 982 - Supple Leather Front and Rear

CPA - Thicker rims with multifunction steering wheel (better picture)

XPA Thicker Steering Wheel-Leather (standard sport version)

More options (thanks to gradyex)

CUJ - Fuse box trim in leather

XTG - Inner sill parts release in leather

DAA - Interior Pkg A Pillar Leather and EAA - Switch panel in leather

Great job w/ all the pics & options!

I'm liking this combo. the best. CF shifter, CF vents (also happens to be what I ordered lol!) Plus I ordered CF center consule, CF door handles, CF outer sills. I was thinking about adding leather PCM & leather seat backs but I think it's going to make a Triple Black car too dark & without enough contrast. I like the way the contrast in materials looks like this.

Has anyone had the leather fuse box for a while? In my 997 S cab that piece got pretty scuffed up and it was the standad plastic, having a leather covered piece down there so close to your left foot it's going to get trashed imo.

Quote:
    saxguy said:
    BTW, DAW does include CDZ - would have to assume DAX does as well. I received this email from Porsche exclusive:

".... gearshifter and handbrake lever are the same, but DAW includes the CDZ which makes it possible for us to send the package to our supplier who can work with deviating stitchings. DAD is not available with deviating stitchings."

Thank You, Thank You. This is what we thought, but now confirmed.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Has anyone had the leather fuse box for a while? In my 997 S cab that piece got pretty scuffed up and it was the standad plastic, having a leather covered piece down there so close to your left foot it's going to get trashed imo.

I have had the leather fuse box cover (black) for 1 year and 16,000 km with no problems.
    Zaino leather cleaner and leather in a bottle conditioner works great.
    Using a soft soled and rolled heal driving type shoe helps with driving manual. I don't like the feel of using dress type shoes, which tend to have more sole projecting to the sides (... maybe it's my size 15's ...)

Quote:
    AE said:
    I have had the leather fuse box cover (black) for 1 year and 16,000 km with no problems.
    Zaino leather cleaner and leather in a bottle conditioner works great.
    Using a soft soled and rolled heal driving type shoe helps with driving manual. I don't like the feel of using dress type shoes, which tend to have more sole projecting to the sides (... maybe it's my size 15's ...)

Maybe that's a big part of my problem, I wear dress shoes to work everyday & use my Porsche everyday. The fuse box cover is almost impossible not to keep hitting if you use the footrest which I do all the time. If I ordered it in leather it would be wasted in a very short time. If I HAD TO I could probably prevent my left foot from hitting it , if I was always careful not to touch it I guess but not worth it for me personally, it's enough that I'm going to have to be careful w/ the leather inner door sills. But the fuse box in leather looks nice.

I considered getting the fuse box from my dealership but because it's an "exclusive" item, they required a $800 deposit because the actual cost is unknown. They'd have refunded the difference back to me after the actual price was known. A bit crazy so I'd suggest getting it from the factory if you really want it. I wanted it myself but not if they want a $800 deposit for it. Heck, Mr. Stradale, if you've got natural grey and you're not interested in using the fuse box then can you order it anyways and I'd send you my plastic one or order you a new one. I could pay you for the option. Just a thought.

Great post Jason. An excellent resource for all

Excellent work, thanks. THIS should be on file at every Porsche dealership, with pictures of this quality for every option.

Thank you!

CVT
    door and rear speakers in leather... please anyone have a better pic of this option?

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    I considered getting the fuse box from my dealership but because it's an "exclusive" item, they required a $800 deposit because the actual cost is unknown. They'd have refunded the difference back to me after the actual price was known. A bit crazy so I'd suggest getting it from the factory if you really want it. I wanted it myself but not if they want a $800 deposit for it. Heck, Mr. Stradale, if you've got natural grey and you're not interested in using the fuse box then can you order it anyways and I'd send you my plastic one or order you a new one. I could pay you for the option. Just a thought.

It's only a $140 option so wouldn't have a problem adding to my order and sending to you but my interior will be black. You could probably have it custom made with even more stitching for less than $800 from any decent interior place. Go to Gabes from the show American Hot Rod!

Quote:
    gian61 said:
    CVT
    door and rear speakers in leather... please anyone have a better pic of this option?

Love the way the Carbon Fiber door handles look but that CVT option w/ leather trimmed lower doors looks really weird. Like the standard door panels & speakers better.

RC: can we have this thread sticky-ed? This is one of the most useful thread ever.

CVT

Closer shot of slats painted alum-look:

And steering wheel Y-trim alum-look:

Larry suggested that I post these pictures of these very useful additions too.

BMW oil case (velcro attached to interior) along with the first aid kit

Another view. This oil case can be had for about $5 from your BMW dealership. BTW, I have the Porsche first aid kit from Suncoast Porsche but it's no longer being offered.

Griot's garage gas flap kit ($10)

Have the Griots gas flap on my F430 & 997, works great.

What happens if you don't order the CD changer, does that space get freed up or is there still some type of box there but just minus the changer inside, do you know? Also wondering where the wind deflector for a cab would fit with that CD changer there.

wow great thread!!!
    thanks everyone!
    question: on the pix where the CDA (aluminium vents) are shown: the vertical plank, which hides the cupholer is also in leather, right?
    what option is that?
    cheers

The strip which hides the cupholder (horizontal, not vertical) is above the glovebox, is called the "dash trim strip", and is NOT affected by the painted slats.

All of the trim surrounding the air vents themselves is in leather instead of aluminum-look, if you get painted slats.

You can order the dash trim strip in leather separately if you want (which I did - option CVP). Otherwise, it will be in aluminum-look.

There is another option called Leather Package Switch Panel (EAA), which will give you the air vent surround, trim strip, and some additional leather, but it's more expensive, on the order of $2000usd.

Hope this helps

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

What happens if you don't order the CD changer, does that space get freed up or is there still some type of box there but just minus the changer inside, do you know? Also wondering where the wind deflector for a cab would fit with that CD changer there.

Do you still need me to email you some more pictures of the leather seatbacks or are the ones I posted here enough?

As for the CD changer, if you don't order it then you get slightly more trunk space. No box at all. But the downside apparently is that the car will not be set up for the Dension iPod unit. You'd have to get the dealership to program that in. No big deal.

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Do you still need me to email you some more pictures of the leather seatbacks or are the ones I posted here enough?

As for the CD changer, if you don't order it then you get slightly more trunk space. No box at all. But the downside apparently is that the car will not be set up for the Dension iPod unit. You'd have to get the dealership to program that in. No big deal.

No thanks. I decided against the leather seatbacks. If it were a different colored car than black on black it would be a better idea but like the contrast of the dark grey & black inside. Also think it's better for us (my kids) if I dont have to worry about leather in that spot. Thanks for remembering !!!

In my 997 S cab my favorite beach chair just managed to fit in the boot w/ the wind deflector. It's the type of chair that also has shoulder straps and attached compartments so I can lug the beach towels etc. for the wifey & kids like a pack mule. lol! But it works out great so I hope I can still fit the chair in my TT Cab.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753679 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430989 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258722 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255577 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79606 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868537 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802230 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM