Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

My holidays video : Nurburgring and Spa

Ring : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW1NO1VSgv4&mode=related&search=

little problems before the Karussel
    : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtzyJHzUOBc

Spa : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ9s6v8kzdE

Spa : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBteI08LAgk

soon an other video with Gt3 vs 996 Gt2 tuned ....it's hard ! lol

Re: My holidays video : Nurburgring and Spa

Thanks Sergini, always looking forward to your track videos!

Keep up the good work

Have you changed a lot to your car to make it more trackworthy (i.e. suspension/brakes/...)?

For every track you need a specific suspension adjustament specially for the Nordschleife ...mile was made by Manthey-Racing the 24h winner .

my car is stock ,ony Porsche motorsport pads (green) and Castrol Srf brake oil and racing clutch ..

Sergini,

thanks for the great video (trouble at Karussel). You must have given a few cars and bikes a wonderful sight of yourself blasting by.

Maybe the BMW was trying to pull to the right to let you pass on the left. I take it that you were going out to get a quick lap and didn't have the time discuss this with him.

A few questions:

1. What tires do you have on the car and how long do they last?
    2. Hitting all those kerbs at Adria and Nurburgring at these speeds must have some sort of effect on your suspension joints. Do you feel or hear any mechanical play in the front or rear? Have you done anything about it yet? How many kilometers do you have on the car now?

Thanks.

1) Pirelli P Zero corsa System ,perfect for dry/wet trackdays but not good if you want to repeat the best lap for few laps ,in this cause it's better the P zero Corsa .

2) Yes ,after every trackday/race I usually take my car to a Porsche Motorsport garage to ceck all screws and suspensions and change the broken parts .
    The mechanical play is the front adsorber plate,a lot of 997 gt3 have this problem ,you can change it in warranty .
    the car has 17000 km

ciao!

Sergíni, thanks for the reply. It seems you have one of the most hard working GT3's.

You say you have a Motorsport clutch. This means you have the stock dual-mass flywheel, but a different clutch? Is the uptake different also, or is it just a tougher material for your track use?

Does the Manthey set up for the Nurburgring differ from the suggested track set up in the manual? GT3 project leader Preuninger says that the car was set up specifically for the Nurburgring. Therefore I would think that "track set up" in the manual equals to "Nurburgring set up."

If Manthey is different, what do they change?

And one more note. In some places when you toe-heel you also let the engine do a part of the braking. Is this deliberate to save the brakes a little? Do you get any fade from the stock brakes?

Sergini,
    I love your video's. Somehow, it just shows clearly how fast you are going. Many of the manufacturers vids make the cars seem slow.
    -Joost-

You must know these race tracks really well because at some point you sscared the ... out of me.

Rennteam has its own "stig": he's called sergini.

Excellent stuff Sergini I like how you managed that driver before the Carousel. What was it that got you riled in the first Francochamps video as you completed a circuit and passed by the track entrance? Also, I'm sure you've answered this before, but what is your camera set-up? Thanks!

Amazon ahahha!!! no no ......no stig! ahahha!
    I run the Nurburgring 24h ( with a little clio) and I've done 2 Scudera Hanseat courses ,and I've done more or less 400-500 laps on the nordschleife ,so I know the track quite well . But remember that my 7:55 is BTG (bridge to gate ) ,without Dottiger Hohe straght ......Mr Rorhl do the Nordscleife with my car in 7:48 but with the straight ....you must cut at this time more or less 30 seconds to have the BTG time : 7:20 ! Rorhl give to me 35 sec in 22 km ...a lot!

for Spa ....It was my first time ,but I'm sure that it can be done better . ( 2/3 sec )

MarekN : I have the 996 Cup singlemass flyweel ( the 997 gt3 Rs - 8 kg)and the 996 cup racing clutch ,the cup flyweel doesn't give concrete advantages .The sport clutch is stronger that the original ,but it's diffcult to use in the street ,if you have to do a climb starting you have to pray that anyone is near your back .

The Manthey setup is specific for the Nordscleife ,for my weight ,and for the kind of tires that I use . If you weith less o more and you use michelin tires the setup is different ( camber!) . For driving in the Nordscleife you need a highter car then the orters tracks ,with soft adsorbers ( for the bumping) and the stay bar set very hard ....in other tracks is creazy to drive with this setup .
    I think that the Gt3 original setup is a very good compromize from Nordschleife and street ( remember that the Nordschleife is used to test the street setup) ,but i think that this setup is very very bad for modern tracks like Monza,Mugello ,Adria where you need more camber ,low car a softer stabi .

the engine braking is a very bad error ,brakes are made to brake and the engine is made to accelerate . I know that but it's difficult for me dont' use the "road style" in the track ....

Great stuff sergini! thanks for the videos

Hi Sergini,

I saw you sunday at the Nürburgring. You drive really well and the vids are nice!
    However, I don't agree on your behaviour w/ the bimmer: you're not driving on a closed track with knowledged people. The guy is visibly not at ease with that turn &/or car and your aggressive behaviour could cause an accident or injure people. You're not supposed to pass him on the right, right? He didn't make any mistake either, you should have waited the straight to pass him. What's the point of making the best lap time on an open day?

In Spa, you're lapping in 2"50, right? It's pretty nice for a first try. Did you change your Nürburg set up for Spa?

Next time you come to Spa, let me know!

Oliver ,you are right ! I know my mistake (I written a lot of words in the youtube video presentation ) ,but I know the guy in the bmw,he's an italian who rent that car ,and he knows that I could overtake him on the wrong line (I've done with him or only with the drivers who put the right turn light ) .
    In the other video I overtake 3 cars in Flugplatz because it was the fith time that I've tried to do a good time ,but ,as you know,during the turistenfahrer it's impossible ,so I made an other mistake ,but we were in the straight.
    But ,be sure ,that in that track I use only the 60% of my capacities due the terror to do a mistake for me and for others ,in the Grune Holle u must pay every mistake .
    In an other lap a motorbike gone in my line during the Pflangarten 1 jump ,in an other lap a car spins in front of me and if I was at full trottle probally now I could be in the Kobentz hospital .
    I think it's better for me and others going to trakdays like the Pistenclub/Duetz where there are cars like mine and different roules ....but the Ring is 1000 km from my home .

my best lap in Spa was 2:49:300 ,I like a lot that track ,it's like our Mugello ,with a lot of climbs and a lot of sand if you make a mistake .
    Hope to return in October .
    The Spa setup was different .

ciao!

Sergini - Grandissimo pilotage e un poco furioso
    Hope to see you one day at Spa. I intend to attend another track-day in the autumn at Spa.

Nice videos
    Thanks for sharing

I got it!
    Next time, when you're driving 100%, post it also, it must be a lot of fun!

nice lap on the ring...

but I would not drive this way on a regular sunday, use rma or whatever, but not during public weekends.

one last remark, be carefull when going so far left on the inside of the radaillon... taking too much curb there can be a costly mistake!

Would there be a way to get your Nürburgring videos online in full quality? That would be great!

Bravissimo!!!

Grazie.

FANTASTIC!!!
    and wainting the video with Gt3 vs 996 Gt2 tuned

Sergini....Your videos are always great viewing. Keep up the great driving and keep shooting that video! dave

Quote:
    Porker said:
    Would there be a way to get your Nürburgring videos online in full quality? That would be great!

That would be great. Then I could have it playing all the time in the background on Vista. In preparation for my visit to the "Ring" at the end of this month.

Very exciing, thanks for sharing!

Great Serginiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!

our hero!!

other videos : 997 gt3 vs 996 gt2 tuned and 996 tuned

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=0cw0O-VeKbQ

look at the funny title of this video : http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=9l8RhUwXRVs

Caro Sergini...sei un missile...
    Many compliments from my side.
    Very fast driving.

Cheers
    Silver

Sergio te sei pazzo!!!

HAHAHAHAH

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    774001 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    439875 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261834 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260116 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    84701 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5440 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

879019 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    813708 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM