Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

FYI: Deviating Stitching Colors

Deviating Stitching Colors Available.

Did you know that there are 12

Sand Beige
    Carrera White
    Midnight Blue
    Cocoa
    Guards Red
    Orange
    Dark Grey
    Artic Silver
    Speed Yellow
    Black
    Stone Grey
    Green

Re: FYI: Deviating Stitching Colors

Interesting. Do you know what the standard stitching is in the black interior? It looks like it could be arctic silver.. certainly not black. Seems ironic that you would need to order a deviating stitching option to get black stitching in a black leather interior.

Very interesting.

cool, nice to know.
    thx

Quote:
    JAMS997GT3 said:
    Seems ironic that you would need to order a deviating stitching option to get black stitching in a black leather interior.

That's one of the secrets of Porsche marketing.

Quote:
    JAMS997GT3 said:
    Interesting. Do you know what the standard stitching is in the black interior? It looks like it could be arctic silver.. certainly not black. Seems ironic that you would need to order a deviating stitching option to get black stitching in a black leather interior.

Yeah that occurred to me too. My only conclusion is that Porsche thinks it doesn't look like the car is plastered with leather unless they call explicit attention to the stitching. Kinda like, "Just so you KNOW the car's got leather we've made the stitching more readily apparent."

Either that or Porsche is trying to achieve the Western Cowboy look:

Does anyone know what the specifics are for the stitching option:

09991 All Excl. Opt Stitch Dev Color $290.00

What is this for, anyway? Thanks.

Quote:
    chardonet said:

permits you to specify the Deviating
    Stitching color to be used for ALL Exclusive
    Options,

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Quote:
    JAMS997GT3 said:

Yeah that occurred to me too. My only conclusion is that Porsche thinks it doesn't look like the car is plastered with leather unless they call explicit attention to the stitching. Kinda like, "Just so you KNOW the car's got leather we've made the stitching more readily apparent."

Lke this:

Quote:
    Trundle_GT3 said:

Lke this:

Awwwwww..., too bad..., my sincere condolences to the hapless owner.

If the stitching were red or yellow, it would work better. Would bring it into another dimension of aesthetic pleasure. White just makes me depressed.

Did porsche offer than many color, in HK they only offer
    midnight Blue,
    Guard Red,
    Artic Silver,
    Speed Yellow.
    I would like to have orange but my dealer said than's the only choice they have, perhaps is a free of charge option in HK so they cut the selection.

Quote:
    Trundle_GT3 said:
    Quote:
    chardonet said:

Options,

Don't forget you need to order said exclusive options first, which can mean everything in one or all of the carbon/aluminum/leather sections

Options,

Don't forget you need to order said exclusive options first, which can mean everything in one or all of the carbon/aluminum/leather sections

One of the more important exclusive options is the e-brake lever and the piece in front of the shifter as pictured in a post above. To have everything in deviated stitching will cost about $4K.

Quote:
    Trundle_GT3 said:
    Quote:
    MMD said:
    Quote:
    JAMS997GT3 said:

Lke this:

I love the way that looks.

Quote:
    JAMS997GT3 said:

I don't think it's Artic it's too dark. If I had to guess based on those names I'd say "Dark Grey"..I like they way they do the black w/ the dark grey, thinks it looks great.

Is there an easy way to specify ALL STITCHING DEVIATING, rather than having to choose individual areas? With my luck, I'll miss something and it will look like sh*t!

Quote:
    Trundle_GT3 said:
    Deviating Stitching Colors Available.

Did you know that there are 12

Sand Beige
    Carrera White
    Midnight Blue
    Cocoa
    Guards Red
    Orange
    Dark Grey
    Artic Silver
    Speed Yellow
    Black
    Stone Grey
    Green

The codes:

G1 Guards Red
    X4 Speed Yellow
    B4 Carrera White
    X1 Artic Silver
    A1 Black
    E9 Midnight Blue
    N2 Orange
    E7 Dark Grey
    TG Sand Beige
    DF Stone Grey
    RA Cocoa
    J5 Green

Quote:
    JAMS997GT3 said:
    Is there an easy way to specify ALL STITCHING DEVIATING, rather than having to choose individual areas? With my luck, I'll miss something and it will look like sh*t!

In a word, NO. To have EVERYTHING deviated stitched you must first order all the standard options deviated stitched (F/R seats 24891, dashboard 24901, doors 24902, door handle - finishers 24903, side center console 24904, and rear side panels 24905). Then comes the tricky part. For example: the gear lever trim (the piece just in front of the gear lever) has no stitching if left standard, but if you order option CDZ gear lever trim in leather it will have the standard stitching unless you order option 09991 all EXCLUSIVE options in deviated stitching. Next, the gear lever/handbrake has stitching on it as STANDARD so to get it in deviated stitching you have to order it in an exclusive option configuration such as DAD. As you can see it becomes very confusing, and expensive, because while option 09991 is only $290, DAD is $1680, so your looking at nearly 5 grand to get everything deviated stitched. I don't know if the stitching around the PCM is considered part of the dashboard or if you have to order the leather option to get it into the exclusive category. Your best bet is go to a dealer and look at cars (lots of cars) to see the various pieces that are stitched as standard and figure out what exclusive options you need to order to insure everything will be deviated stitched.

If you wish to discuss this in greater detail PM me with your phone number, and a good time to call and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Quote:
    Over the Hill said:
    Quote:
    JAMS997GT3 said:

In a word, NO. To have EVERYTHING deviated stitched you must first order all the standard options deviated stitched (F/R seats 24891, dashboard 24901, doors 24902, door handle - finishers 24903, side center console 24904, and rear side panels 24905). Then comes the tricky part. For example: the gear lever trim (the piece just in front of the gear lever) has no stitching if left standard, but if you order option CDZ gear lever trim in leather it will have the standard stitching unless you order option 09991 all EXCLUSIVE options in deviated stitching. Next, the gear lever/handbrake has stitching on it as STANDARD so to get it in deviated stitching you have to order it in an exclusive option configuration such as DAD. As you can see it becomes very confusing, and expensive, because while option 09991 is only $290, DAD is $1680, so your looking at nearly 5 grand to get everything deviated stitched. I don't know if the stitching around the PCM is considered part of the dashboard or if you have to order the leather option to get it into the exclusive category. Your best bet is go to a dealer and look at cars (lots of cars) to see the various pieces that are stitched as standard and figure out what exclusive options you need to order to insure everything will be deviated stitched.

If you wish to discuss this in greater detail PM me with your phone number, and a good time to call and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Update: The e-brake and shifter can be ordered either as DAD or ECA. To have deviated stitching you must order DAW for a DAD style brake/shifter or DAX for the ECA style plus you must specify which color deviated stitching you want. It is not clear if CDZ gear lever trim is included with either option, because if you order either one you apparently can't get CDZ.

Quote:
    Over the Hill said:
    Update: The e-brake and shifter can be ordered either as DAD or ECA. To have deviated stitching you must order DAW for a DAD style brake/shifter or DAX for the ECA style plus you must specify which color deviated stitching you want. It is not clear if CDZ gear lever trim is included with either option, because if you order either one you apparently can't get CDZ.

saxguy just posted this:

"BTW, DAW does include CDZ - would have to assume DAX does as well. I received this email from Porsche exclusive:

".... gearshifter and handbrake lever are the same, but DAW includes the CDZ which makes it possible for us to send the package to our supplier who can work with deviating stitchings. DAD is not available with deviating stitchings."

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Quote:
    Over the Hill said:

saxguy just posted this:

"BTW, DAW does include CDZ - would have to assume DAX does as well. I received this email from Porsche exclusive:

".... gearshifter and handbrake lever are the same, but DAW includes the CDZ which makes it possible for us to send the package to our supplier who can work with deviating stitchings. DAD is not available with deviating stitchings."

We'll get this right and then Porsche will be overwhelmed with deviated stitching orders. There is going to be a need for sewing machine operators in Zuffenhausen.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689549 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409227 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255735 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234990 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65524 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4646 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857969 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774025 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM