Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: How about a turbo picture thread?

Quote:
    Subbie said:
    Quote:
    MMD said:
    Quote:
    Subbie said:
    Here's mine

Here's a day time picture....

Hey Subbie, do you have a more flattering pic of that leather covered PCM? Current one is good for information purposes but the flash is kinda strong to make it look great.

I'm thinking of ordering it even though it's us$2300 (!?)

Does look really good though w/ Carbon Fiber Switch Panel/ trim strip & CF shifter. Got the gear lever trim in there too I see. Somebody knows what they're doing....

See some wrinkles in the leather around some of the bottons though. Is it just more noticeable because of the very low angle? You probably can't see them at all from normal seating position?

Like I said earlier...we're painting a boatload of pcm faces flat black. Gloss paint on that section is a mistake. Too distracting. Leather is great, and expensive, but if you did not go that route, it can all be done flat black, and that makes most of the busy nature of the pieces go away.

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Quote:

WOW!! That's amazing! Cool. Thanks for showing that. Dammit that it will be almost impossible to see these choices in person before ordering. I'm sooooo glad there's a way to downplay all those buttons showing so prevalently with the volcano grey trim.

Niiiice.

MMD,
    Here's something else to think about:

For me, I realized the main thing I didn't like was the contrast between the aluminum-look air vent trim/dash strip and the volcano gray PCM.

If you leave the PCM gray, and get the leather trim package, or get the vent slats painted (results in the other vent trim being leather) & get the dash trim strip in leather, you can get rid of the aluminum-volcano clash for a lot less $. I also left the ASS seat backs volcano gray, since the PCM was.

Here's a bad pic of the look. The PCM looks painted aluminum in this pic, but it's really stock. In my case, I painted the vent slats aluminum to tie in with the other aluminum bits in the cabin:

Anyway, this is a convoluted post, but I hope you get the idea! I personally like this look much better than stock, and it is much cheaper than doing PCM & seat backs in leather.

Does look really good though w/ Carbon Fiber Switch Panel/ trim strip & CF shifter. Got the gear lever trim in there too I see. Somebody knows what they're doing....

Stradale, several months ago I asked for some optioning opinions and one of them was from Atomic80 about the gear lever trim. Once again a big thank you to Atomic!

Subbie, that's what we're all here for! To help each other..it was my pleasure.

Eric, I really do want to get my PCM painted silver but man, finding someone to take it apart is proving to be tougher than I thought.

I wish I would have went for the leather PCM. I think it would have delayed production though when I found out this option even existed. I have no idea why PCNA doesn't list all the options on their website.

Does anyone have a photo of the switch panel in leather with the PCM in leather on a dark colored interior?

Quote:
    saxguy said:
    Does anyone have a photo of the switch panel in leather with the PCM in leather on a dark colored interior?

I was waiting for you to ask that question, George! Like you said the other day, I think that might be a "bit much". I think the CF would look great with the leather PCM. wish I had done it.

I have to say that generally the resources of these boards are far more knowledgable than my sales person ever was, and he was a manager! As an example if a customer shows an interest in putting leather in the car, the sales person should say, ok u want the pcm in leather, you might want to do the gear trim and console in leather as well, oh and dont for get the storage box lid to seeing it all flows together.

That is my biggest complaint about the custom ordering experience. I would think Porsche would demand better product knowledge in this area seeing that exclusive options raise the over all profit margin on the car.

I think in the end they are car salespeople.

Eric, could you show a picture of an interior with the pcm painted flat black?
    tia,
    -Joost-

Quote:
    Subbie said:I think in the end they are car salespeople.

I think that us car enthusiasts would make a perfect sales person if only we don't manage to allow ourselves to become somewhat blinded by $$$ signs. The irony is that you'd think that those sales folks would want to convince you to get those options to fatten their end margin.

What would happen if I were to become a sales person?

Quote:
    Subbie said:
    I have to say that generally the resources of these boards are far more knowledgable than my sales person ever was

One thing is definetly knowledge... though I think the biggest lack at car sales persons is a) passion for the products and b) focus on customers.

Except for a few fairly recent close ups, after collecting pics for several years this is the only photo I've found of the overall interior shot showing the black PCM. I think that's a TechArt wheel, BTW.

Quote:
    TX 911 said:
    Quote:
    MMD said:
    Quote:

WOW!! That's amazing! Cool. Thanks for showing that. Dammit that it will be almost impossible to see these choices in person before ordering. I'm sooooo glad there's a way to downplay all those buttons showing so prevalently with the volcano grey trim.

Niiiice.

MMD,

For me, I realized the main thing I didn't like was the contrast between the aluminum-look air vent trim/dash strip and the volcano gray PCM.

If you leave the PCM gray, and get the leather trim package, or get the vent slats painted (results in the other vent trim being leather) & get the dash trim strip in leather, you can get rid of the aluminum-volcano clash for a lot less $. I also left the ASS seat backs volcano gray, since the PCM was.

Here's a bad pic of the look. The PCM looks painted aluminum in this pic, but it's really stock. In my case, I painted the vent slats aluminum to tie in with the other aluminum bits in the cabin:

Anyway, this is a convoluted post, but I hope you get the idea! I personally like this look much better than stock, and it is much cheaper than doing PCM & seat backs in leather.

Good job on your interior. I like the way the leather PCM looks even thought about adding it but even if it wasn't $2k and was a no-cost option I think I'm still going to keep the PCM the way it comes from Porsche. I like the way the contrast looks. And that way it ties the rest of the interior together w/ = amounts of contrast in the front of the interior (on the PCM) & in the rear (on the seat backs) like how it comes from Porsche ...Guess I have another couple of months before I can no longer change my order but for right now I'm liking your decision to leave the PCM alone

Quote:
    TX 911 said:

MMD,
    In my case, I painted the vent slats aluminum to tie in with the other aluminum bits in the cabin:

Good post. Thanks. I never considered aluminizing the vent slats. Hummmmm..., verrrrrrrry interesting..., thanks for the ideas.

Quote:
    turbodon4007 said:

Sweeet! Now that is one good looking Turbo!

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Here's the picture that came out of that special setup I posted a picture of earlier.

Artistic enough for you, Stan?

Are you a pro-Photographer?

Really a great shot.

Greetings

A nice understated every-day GT
    I posted some more pics on the german board, but i think, not everybody speeks german here;-))

one more

WOW!!!! WOWOWOWOW! That's looking so friggin' awesome! Just the way a turbo should look imo. Is it basalt or non-metallic black?
    -Joost-

BTW, Thanks MMD, for the pics of the painted pcm and painted slats.
    -Joost-

It's non metallic - a quite exclusive color on 997 turbo;-)

Quote:
    Joost said:
    WOW!!!! WOWOWOWOW! That's looking so friggin' awesome! Just the way a turbo should look imo. Is it basalt or non-metallic black?
    -Joost-

Does look sweet. Love almost all colors but Black & Basalt is my favorite for the Turbo.

Haudimal, any interior shots? Is it Sand Beige or Natural Brown?

Hi,

it's Natural Brown - it's really very elegant, the shiny black and the tobacco brown contrast, like wearing a black armani suit with brown john lobbs;-))

My friend lost my camera at the weekend , so i keep you updated when i got a new one...

regards

Thanks haudimal,
    I think I love your car...
    -Joost-

Anyone for White...

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat...;fpart=2#371922

Basalt

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690586 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409824 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256060 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235292 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65721 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4699 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858507 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774771 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM