Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Nicest wheels for porsche I have ever seen.

This morning I went to a Porsche club meeting and they had an HRE vendor who unveiled the new forged one piece P43 HRE made for only Porsches and will be available in two weeks. I am crazy about these wheels. Very similar to the BBS racing wheels someone had posted earlier, however, those were 10k. In my opinion, these are one of the nicest looking wheels I have seen. Especially for the GT3. I will put my deposit down once the wheels are available. Fronts weight 20lbs. and rears 25 lbs. You can order any finish you want, I'm getting brushed finish with GT3 stock wheel sizing and it will take about a month. Pricing 1200 USD for fronts and 1500 USD for rears. What do you guys think?

Re: Nicest wheel for porsche I have ever seen.

Freakin awesome lookin!

Cant wait to seen them on your car!!!!

I'd like to see what they look like on a 997/997S Cab 'cause I'm really tempted!

Very Nice wheel. .Looks like the Manthey GT3 wheel

Yes they are beautiful. Maybe a bit tooo bizzy for my Turbo (upcoming). Yes..., very nice... for the 997/S!

The most gorgeous wheels I have seen for Porsche's "Form-Follows-Function" ethos are these Ruf wheels. Why? Because they are _austere_ and yet their _aesthetics_ are very compelling (see them in person).

Like the 911 is shaped like a water-formed river rock, functional yet beautiful? These are the wheels that you should go with _IF_ _IF_ _IF_ you want to follow that same "minimalist" aesthetic. Ruf really hit the nail on the head with these.

JMO.

wow, very good looking wheels, i cant wait to see them on your car.

looks like the neez wheels

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Yes they are beautiful. Maybe a bit tooo bizzy for my Turbo (upcoming). Yes..., very nice... for the 997/S!

The most gorgeous wheels I have seen for Porsche's "Form-Follows-Function" ethos are these Ruf wheels. Why? Because they are _austere_ and yet their _aesthetics_ are very compelling (see them in person).

Like the 911 is shaped like a water-formed river rock, functional yet beautiful? These are the wheels that you should go with _IF_ _IF_ _IF_ you want to follow that same "minimalist" aesthetic. Ruf really hit the nail on the head with these.

JMO.

Ruf wheels are nice. But for me they are a little plain. I would prefer the Rinnspeed over the Ruf but not over the HRE. But this is just personal preference. Thanks for your comments.

Quote:
    mvn1971 said:

Crazy. These wheels are amazing I must have jumped in too soon before and missed some of the pics. ....WOW! You know they have a very similiar shape to the stock Turbo wheel the way they are shaped on the outsides but even nicer. Love to see them mounted. That's not a 19" wheel is it? Look bigger.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    mvn1971 said:

20 in x 11 inch

Crazy. These wheels are amazing I must have jumped in too soon before and missed some of the pics. ....WOW! You know they have a very similiar shape to the stock Turbo wheel the way they are shaped on the outsides but even nicer. Love to see them mounted. That's not a 19" wheel is it? Look bigger.

Quote:
    mvn1971 said:
    Ruf wheels are nice. But for me they are a little plain. I would prefer the Rinnspeed over the Ruf but not over the HRE. But this is just personal preference. Thanks for your comments.

Rinspeed are definite contenders, agreed, kinda like a less-harsh Ruf.

HRE are verrry nice, you done good!

Rinspeed:

wheels looke very nice, be VERY careful on the finish , I have seen many HRE wheels on 911's (polished) and the wheels just do not look right on the car (IMO). the finish on this wheel does look much diff, and looks very sharp

Too busy. A nightmare to clean. At the end of the day the OEM rims are the best.

Quote:
    ADias said:
    Too busy. A nightmare to clean. At the end of the day the OEM rims are the best.

These gotta be the OEM winners for the Cleaning Award:

Quote:
    ARMD009 said:
    wheels looke very nice, be VERY careful on the finish , I have seen many HRE wheels on 911's (polished) and the wheels just do not look right on the car (IMO). the finish on this wheel does look much diff, and looks very sharp

The finish is brushed steel. More expensive, but the vendor state more durable.

They look nice enough, but I'd like to see them fully mounted before I make a final decision.

So many times I"ve seen rims that look nice on the shelf,but once mounted - pure ass

They are nice... but I do like a bit of dish in my wheels

Re: Nicest wheels for porsche I have ever seen.

Yes, they are very beautiful.

I had a set of HRE's with a similar type of reverse center drop, that these pictured wheels have. (Notice the channel cut into the wheel itself, just behind the basket weave.) Mine caused a substantial, terrible vibration when it rained. The water would collect in the channel and remain there, causing an imbalance abd subsequent vibration. I even tested this myself by driving the car immediately after washing the wheels. After a five mile trip, the water was still in the channels. I had to spend a great deal of time absorbing it with towels to rid the wheels of the water.

Maybe HRE has corrected this problem maybe not. But I will tell you that, although HRE attempted to keep me happy, they put me through a major ordeal, as did the vendor.

If you are resolute on getting these wheels, check with some of HRE's other vendors. I found mine and others at roughly 20% less than what HRE sells them for; which is typical. HRE, actually told me where to buy them.

Good luck. If I can help in any other way, just ask.

PS I may be biased, but I prefer BBS wheels. I found them superior in quality, weight and finish. Other wheels used by members on this board, I'm sure are just as good, if not better.

very good advice, point I was tring to make

They are nice looking but they look like the BMW X5 wheels that have been around for a while

Quote:
    edz61 said:
    They are nice looking but they look like the BMW X5 wheels that have been around for a while

Yeah I didn't want to say anything to possibly diminish mvn's endorphin level but maybe it's time to show this, the new M3 wheel (2008). Sorry... .

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Quote:
    edz61 said:

Yeah I didn't want to say anything to possibly diminish mvn's endorphin level but maybe it's time to show this, the new M3 wheel (2008). Sorry... .

I was going to say that, but you beat me to it!

Quote:
    devo said:

I was going to say that, but you beat me to it!

Still it's an excellent good looking wheel.

Probably looks a whole lot better on the sleek continuously smooth Porsche Carrera than it does on the bloated, creased, overly stylized fabulous new M3.

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Quote:
    edz61 said:

I have the HRE 540R brushed steel with polished lip on the car currently. They have a similar mesh design but the rears have a 3 inch lip. Never had a problem with water collecting in wheel channel. Just like the way they look. I had the original stock wheels powder coated gunmetal grey, but didn't like so I had the 540R put back on my car. The 540R looks similar to the X5 wheels.

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Quote:
    edz61 said:

It's more like the old M3 CSL-wheel

Quote:
    Porker said:
    Quote:
    MMD said:
    Quote:
    edz61 said:

It's more like the old M3 CSL-wheel

You can always count on MMD to bring anyone down closer to earth. Doesn't want anybody too happy. just funnin w/ you MMD.

Like those bimmer wheels. Not really close in same shape to the HRE but the pattern is similair.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    762508 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435386 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260522 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257581 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80952 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5321 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872309 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807677 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM