Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Planning to order a turbo

I already own a 997S, which I bought off the lot, and hence didn't have to go through the ordering process, so I don't know much about that process. (997S is Cobalt Blue, so color wowed me when I saw it back in '04...)

Anyway, main question is how long is the order-delivery process for a TT Cab ? I would like to take delivery in, say, February. How much lead-time do I need when ordering, e.g. will I need to order in September ?

I am planning on a few options - what are the 'must-haves' ?

Base : TT Cab
    Paint to order : Irish Green (if I can)
    Interior : Terracotta (or, if too red, Natural Leather)
    No CD changer; after market iPod adapter instead
    Sports Chrono
    Auto-dimming ?

Still undecided between tip and stick. Current 997S is a stick which I like, but the tip seems attractive too...

Anything else that's a must, rather than nice to, have ? I might get some extra leather - PCM ? Visors ? - but don't want to get it just for the sake of paying extra. On the other hand, if it makes a difference, I'll go with it...

Thanks !

Re: Planning to order a turbo

What is this "Irish Green" you speak of?

Some old colors are here.

"Irish Green" is very similar to what's known as "British Racing Green", which was originally used as an Irish homage...

I like this one -

In NY you should really have a deal done w/ a dealer now so that you can posssibly get Feb delivery which would be approx. a late Dec/January build. That's exactly what I'm doing, actually gave up a September build/Oct/Nov delivery(TT Cab deposit was down in April 2005) to get it just before Spring so I know where you head is at. If you don't already have something locked up w/ a dealer September build cars are gone. I'd start contacting dealers/your dealer right away if you want a late winter/early spring car.

What are you going to do for a top color w/ a green ext. car/ Orange interior? Plus you'll have red or even yellow calipers...... Unless you're really set on those colors I'd re-consider.

IMO some of the "must-haves" for the TT Cab in order of importance ..I put PCCB second but many don't consider them must have's at all. So obviously the list is IMO only.

640 - Sport Chrono Package Plus
    450 - Ceramic Composite Brakes - PCCB
    220 - Axle-Differential Lock rear
    PO1L - Adaptive Sport Seats
    342 - Heated Front Seats
    XPA - Thicker Steering Wheel- Leather
    CFX - Floor Mats With leather Trim
    XSC - Porsche Crest in Headrest
    XMP - Leather Sun Visors Leather

Here's the car I ordered, missing a few options that I included last minute like the Alumunim footrest and leather inner sils.

Z4 - Basalt Black Metallic - $0
    AT - Black Full Leather - $0
    CFX - Floor Mats With Colored Trim (black mats/black leather trim) - $510
    342 - Heated Front Seats - $480
    PO1L - Adaptive Sport Seats Lthr Int. - $1145
    XSC - Porsche Crest in Headrest - $270
    220 - Axle-Differential Lock rear - $950
    450 - Ceramic Composite Brakes - PCCB - $8840
    640 - Sport Chrono Package Plus - $1840
    CDZ - Gear Lever Trim Leather - $251
    CUV - Storage Compartment Lid w/ Model Logo - $293
    CVW - Rear View Mirror Leather
    DAA - Interior Pkg A Pillar Leather - $740
    XMP - Leather Sun Visors Leather - $560
    XNG - Instrument Surround in Leather - $260
    XNS - Steering Column in Leather - $420
    XPA - Thicker Steering Wheel- Leather - $310
    803 - Carbon Package - $890
    CJJ - Belt Outlet B Pillar Carbon - $490
    EAD - Carbon Package Switch Panel - $2700
    X69 - Carbon Door Sil Model Insignia - $780
    XMJ - Rear Center Console - Carbon - $1625
    XTL - Door Finisher in Carbon - $2700

Good luck!

ps: If you need a contact (if you're in the Long Island area) I deal directly w/ a dealership owner, let me know.

Not a fan of green but I can see where that might be a pretty cool color. I cannot picture though, the terra going with that at all. As stradale said, what color top would you get?

Thanks for the note. I'll get in touch my with dealer pretty soon.

With regard to colors, if the Terracotta is too red I'll go with natural leather. Probably Black or Slate Grey top...

The PCCB seem a bit of overkill. And the differential lock is only for the stick, if I'm not mistaken...
    Heated front seats - absolutely.

Thanks for the other suggestions - I'll have to stop by my dealer and see the leather and carbon options in person... Hadn't considered the thicker wheel, but will have to..

All the best !

Quote:
    Dubliner said:

With regard to colors, if the Terracotta is too red I'll go with natural leather. Probably Black or Slate Grey top...

The PCCB seem a bit of overkill. And the differential lock is only for the stick, if I'm not mistaken...

Thanks for the other suggestions - I'll have to stop by my dealer and see the leather and carbon options in person... Hadn't considered the thicker wheel, but will have to..

All the best !

If you're going to stick w/ the Green and get Terracotta or even the Natural I'd highly advise a black top not grey.

ps: I wouldn't get Carbon Fiber w/ that color combo. Carbon Fiber is too high tech/new technology for road cars, the Green/tan colors you're looking at are more old-school. Adding extra leather would be fine but not Carbon Fiber IMO.

Diff Lock is only for stick, yes.

Quote:
    Dubliner said:

All the best !

Terracotta is basically orange (flower pot) or a coral color.....not a red. Natural brown is a much better choice. Pick that new red interior if you want an intensive red. Good luck.

Quote:
    Uber-porker said:
    Quote:
    Dubliner said:

All the best !

Terracotta is basically orange (flower pot) or a coral color.....not a red. Natural brown is a much better choice. Pick that new red interior if you want an intensive red. Good luck.

Problem there is if he's dead-set on green. Red int./ Green ext.? I wouldn't.

If I weren't getting PCCB's I'd consider getting that new Red Leather in a Black. TT Cab. Somebody's gonna do it imo and the cars is going to look saawwweeet imo.......... Just rather have PCCB's though and they wouldn't look right w/ a red int.

Green Exterior- Red Interior

The Watermelon combination

Just go conservatively if you want to keep the car a long time. Otherwise feel free to go hog wild.

I love posting this pic. I heard this car was a real peach and for sale, perfect in "all" ways, I ran up to it (wanted to buy) and nearly died when the interior came into view.

WTF was the original owner thinking?

My point? Crazy colors have a way of getting tiring (hard to comprehend or predict because you can make a case that Terracotta is classic color).

You know what will work w/ a Green exterior? For a green TT Cab you basically have to get a black top there's no other color that would look good so if you get the two-toned black & tan interior that would actually work very well. You'd still have 4 colors to deal w/ total (including the brake calipers) but the black in the interior would tie together w/ the black top. I don't see it working w/ any other dual color interior but black/tan would definitely work,,,not what I would buy but if you're really set on green.

Thanks for the comments. Have a green and tan image in mind. Don't really care about the brake calipers...And the black top sounds appropriate.

some scans for you of a green Turbo Cab...

Quote:
    Dubliner said:

Anyway, main question is how long is the order-delivery process for a TT Cab ?

Better ask dealers: I heard (needs confirmation) there're ridiculously few allocations for 2008 and most all of them are already taken. You may not get a car until 2009?!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    774045 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    439885 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261837 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260127 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    84717 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5442 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

879028 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    813730 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM