Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Placed an order for the 430 SC

After months and months of hard thinking whether I should trade in my beloved 997 with a F430 or not. I've taken all the pros and cons of undertaking such a maneuver and came out with a decision of, well... to keep my 997 for the moment and save up my money for the F430 successor.
    Everything was now all clear in my mind till the day Ferrari introduced that monster! Although I knew that the introduction of a lighter, more powerful 430 was coming, I didn't payed quite a lot of attention to it. But now, since it became reality, I couldn't but surrender to that beauty...
    After a week spent at my Ferrari dealer, I finally placed the order for a 430 Scuderia! ))))))^^^
    We're 6 already to have placed orders for the SC, I'm 4th in line, but still to be confirmed the number of SC allocated to Lebanon.
    Crossing my fingers and hoping that Ferrari will allocate enough SC for everybody!

My specs are as follow (and subject to change according to your advice):

* Exterior: Rosso Corso
    * Interior: Sport seats in fabric material
    * Instrument panel - Yellow
    * Red calipers
    * Ipod connector
    * Carbon Fiber with led steering wheel
    * Racing Stipes (definitely)
    * Rims in cold color
    * Special stitching STC2 Rosso
    * Tires pressure Measurement

What's your feedback?

Re: Placed an order for the 430 SC

I feel exactly like you.. But I dont know if I should place an order on not yet.. I am afraid because I believe the succesor is going to be either v10 or v8 turbo in order to have more than 580hp... Also it is going to have a totaly different appearance and I believe the F430 scuderia is going to look really old.. (I have already placed an order for the F430 succesor many months now..)

On the other hand the fact that it is a car with 1250kg!! with 520hp E-diff2 and 60ms F1 makes me reconsider everytime...

rims in gold ?

Quote:
    tony h said:
    rims in gold ?

I believe that the stripes as well as the Golden rims would highlight the Scuderia spirit...

i actually really like the gold rims. not 100% sold on strip, and love the racing red shown on official car. c'mon george, live a little with colour

Quote:
    tony h said:
    i actually really like the gold rims. not 100% sold on strip, and love the racing red shown on official car. c'mon george, live a little with colour

... So what do u suggest ?
    Yellow is tempting me sooo much BTW

new racing red which has a touch of metallic in it , is very nice. Giallo / blk would be awesome but not with gold wheels. white is super aggressive but not sure i'm brave enough to own a white car....I'm a TDF sucker but not 100% it's aggressive enough for scud.
    so for me
    1] new racing red
    2] tdf
    3] giallo
    4] white

Quote:
    tony h said:
    new racing red which has a touch of metallic in it , is very nice. Giallo / blk would be awesome but not with gold wheels. white is super aggressive but not sure i'm brave enough to own a white car....I'm a TDF sucker but not 100% it's aggressive enough for scud.
    so for me
    1] new racing red
    2] tdf
    3] giallo
    4] white

So what's the technical name for the new racing red ?

George, why get the Ipod adapter? You're not going to be able to hear anything inside that car anyway?

Quote:
    Georges G. Hayek said:
    Quote:
    tony h said:
    so for me
    1] new racing red
    2] tdf
    3] giallo
    4] white

hasn't been released yet

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    George, why get the Ipod adapter? You're not going to be able to hear anything inside that car anyway?

I bet the engine sound would be melodic a thousand times more than an iPod !
    could delete it... probably i will

Quote:
    Georges G. Hayek said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

I bet the engine sound would be melodic a thousand times more than an iPod !
    could delete it... probably will

To be honest, I've only used my F430's stereo TWICE since I've had it, and that was the 2 days I drove the car in the rain and I couldn't open my windows

Quote:
    Georges G. Hayek said:
    After months and months of hard thinking whether I should trade in my beloved 997 with a F430 or not. I've taken all the pros and cons of undertaking such a maneuver and came out with a decision of, well... to keep my 997 for the moment and save up my money for the F430 successor.
    Everything was now all clear in my mind till the day Ferrari introduced that monster! Although I knew that the introduction of a lighter, more powerful 430 was coming, I didn't payed quite a lot of attention to it. But now, since it became reality, I couldn't but surrender to that beauty...
    After a week spent at my Ferrari dealer, I finally placed the order for a 430 Scuderia! ))))))^^^
    We're 6 already to have placed orders for the SC, I'm 4th in line, but still to be confirmed the number of SC allocated to Lebanon.
    Crossing my fingers and hoping that Ferrari will allocate enough SC for everybody!

My specs are as follow (and subject to change according to your advice):

* Exterior: Rosso Corso
    * Interior: Sport seats in fabric material
    * Instrument panel - Yellow
    * Red calipers
    * Ipod connector
    * Carbon Fiber with led steering wheel
    * Racing Stipes (definitely)
    * Rims in cold color
    * Special stitching STC2 Rosso
    * Tires pressure Measurement

What's your feedback?

Does the spec strikes anyone else as odd? iPod connector? I thought this is meant to be a light weight, track oriented car??? Ok fine, I admit I would order it with one too.

Heh, sometimes it's nice to have some music when driving on the highway at a constant droning speed.

Quote:
    tony h said:
    Quote:
    Georges G. Hayek said:
    Quote:
    tony h said:
    so for me
    1] new racing red
    2] tdf
    3] giallo
    4] white

hasn't been released yet

What is the colour bit on the spec sheet:

option: PNTC "Colori anni 50'-60'"?

I thought that was the new colour

Quote:
    traxx said:
    Quote:
    tony h said:
    Quote:
    Georges G. Hayek said:
    Quote:
    tony h said:
    so for me
    1] new racing red
    2] tdf
    3] giallo
    4] white

hasn't been released yet

What is the colour bit on the spec sheet:

option: PNTC "Colori anni 50'-60'"?

I thought that was the new colour

I hope it isn't. If I remember correctly, this special colour is priced at something like 11k Euro.

New 430 Scuderia Pics:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=5823

BTW , this seems to be the new red !

Quote:
    Georges G. Hayek said:
    New 430 Scuderia Pics:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=5823

BTW , this seems to be the new red !

This link should work.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=12&article_id=5823

BTW, is it true that Ferrari wants something like 6k Euro for this new red?

congrats george, good choice, if i were you i would just delete the gold rims ( too subaruish) and the TPMS, its a bad idea on beirut's road . the first 3 on the list are close friends of mine, if anyone of them changes anything i will let you know, even though i doubt they will

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    congrats george, good choice, if i were you i would just delete the gold rims ( too subaruish) and the TPMS, its a bad idea on beirut's road . the first 3 on the list are close friends of mine, if anyone of them changes anything i will let you know, even though i doubt they will

Thanks Dimi! I would probably delete the TPMS... Concerning the color combo, I'm still hesitating between the new red / black (or and not sure) gold rims, with red calipers and the yellow / black-grayish with yellow calipers.

IMO the grey rims go better with the grey stripe of the Scuderia. You have to get used to the golden rims, but I like them. Not sure if I would order a grey stripe when having golden rims, but most probably not.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    IMO the grey rims go better with the grey stripe of the Scuderia. You have to get used to the golden rims, but I like them. Not sure if I would order a grey stripe when having golden rims, but most probably not.

So what would u go for? Red or Yellow????????

Quote:
    Georges G. Hayek said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:

I'd go for either yellow with grey rims with stripe or red with golden rims without stripe or red with grey rims and stripe.

I would only choose the stripe with the grey wheels.

Personally I'm thinking of a red Scuderia with the golden rims. I like the new red colour very much, but since I've learned that it is an 14k option , I can rule it out.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Georges G. Hayek said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:

I'd go for either yellow with grey rims with stripe or red with golden rims without stripe or red with grey rims and stripe.

Personally I'm thinking of a red Scuderia with the golden rims. I like the new red colour very much, but since I've learned that it is an 14k option , I can rule it out.

Are you sure about it? cause I asked my dealer and the answer was that all colors are at same price

Quote:
    Georges G. Hayek said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Georges G. Hayek said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:

Are you sure about it? cause I asked my dealer and the answer was that all colors are at same price

At least that's what I've heard.

I know there's a special paint for the 60th anniversary that costs 14k Euro. I have no clue, what this colour looks like, but I've heard it should be this special red. Ferrari claims it has to paint the cars several times (up to 20 times), which makes it that expensive.

If you ask me, that's pure nonsense, just another way to earn an awful lot of money. Which is really a pity, as I like the new metallic look very much and was considering it for the next F-car. But for 14 grands? No thank you.

Georges, the car you're ordering is amazing... but how driveable you think it would be on our roads!!! :-( I'm also tired of my C2S Cab... they're all over the place... you think you'll be able to drive the 430SC as often as your carrera S? and Dimi, I know what you think, so don't interfere... let Georges answer on his own :-)

Quote:
    Marwan Arakji said:
    Georges, the car you're ordering is amazing... but how driveable you think it would be on our roads!!! :-( I'm also tired of my C2S Cab... they're all over the place... you think you'll be able to drive the 430SC as often as your carrera S? and Dimi, I know what you think, so don't interfere... let Georges answer on his own :-)

Hey Marwan! It's nice to hear from you again. I don't know if you have checked my last post regarding my experience with the F430 http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Number=337689&page=2 . Marwan, there are two reasons why I'm switching to the F-world; 1st as you have mentioned, 997s, 996s, 987, 986, cayenne, caymans ex... are really everywhere. I can't feel the Porsche spirit anymore... Second, the "mistake" of driving a 430. 997 give an enjoyable drive, while the 430 awakens all your emotional senses (and believe me, it does).
    Now back to the 430 scuderia, for sure it won't be drivable as the 997. Not because it's a scuderia , anyway the suspension won't be stiffer than a GT3, (I would scarify anything even a possible back-pain just to drive that masterpiece) but hey, I won't drive a ferrari everywhere I go as I do now with my 997 that's fot sure...
    That's my answer (and I swear Dimi didn't interfere in it) , hope to see you jumping into the F-world too!

Rossi, while placing the order, we noticed the "50-60th Anniversary" Color Option, but no information was given to the dealer about it... In addition to that, a new red was there too; ROSSO MUGELLO, apparently it's a new red in the color range too.
    As you said, if that "whatever called" new red is @ 14K, I'll skip it with a big smile!

Quote:
    Georges G. Hayek said:
    Rossi, while placing the order, we noticed the "50-60th Anniversary" Color Option, but no information was given to the dealer about it... In addition to that, a new red was there too; ROSSO MUGELLO, apparently it's a new red in the color range too.
    As you said, if that "whatever called" new red is @ 14K, I'll skip it with a big smile!

So let's hope the new red isn't the 50-60th annviversay thing. It would make sense, as the new metallic red is the current formula 1 colour and has more to do with formula 1 than with Ferrari's anniversary. Similar to the rosso scuderia of the Challenge Stradale.
    But hey, you never know with Ferrari.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Georges G. Hayek said:

So let's hope the new red isn't the 50-60th annviversay thing. It would make sense, as the new metallic red is the current formula 1 colour and has more to do with formula 1 than with Ferrari's anniversary. Similar to the rosso scuderia of the Challenge Stradale.
    But hey, you never know with Ferrari.

Rossi, I just had a chat with my dealer, the 50-60th Anniversary is not 1 color but a color panel. You can choose between several Historic colors. No RED in it!!!
    Check out the reference:

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    761467 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434806 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260205 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257358 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80846 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5315 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871652 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    806949 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM