Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Murciélago LP640 Roadster & RUF turbo R

Ok, I made my decision, as the title shows I have chosen for the Murciélago LP640 Roadster in combo with the high end RUF upgrade for my 997 turbo.

Here are some of the specs of the M LP640 Roadster:
    Balloon White (color to sample ... )
    E-gear
    Wind protector and deflector
    Hercules titanium rims (winter) and the upcoming Murci SDS wheels in gunmetal (summer)
    Coloured brake calipers (not sure what to do here ... would it be cool to have them in white???)
    Bluetooth
    USB interface
    Premium audio system
    Navigation system
    Lambo logo on headrest
    Interior Q-citura

Still thinking about the carbon brakes (anyone here who has them on their LP640?)
    Carbon hardtop by Ital Car Design.
    The turbo will be done first (hopefully around September), the Murci will take a bit longer ... 10 months in total

So if anyone is in the market for a stunning Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder in Grigio Proteus (delivery around May/June 2008) let me know

Re: Murciélago LP640 Roadster & RUF turbo R

Congrats on the decision Rami, can you share the details on the ruf upgrade yet?

Hi Rami,

I have the carbon ceramic disks on mine and they are awesome! With that much power I couldn't imagine myself with anything else.

Also I see you didn't opt for the CF finish in the interior, GET IT! Without that it Murci looks so bland on the inside. Mine is the only LP with this option so far as guys aren't too convinced to pay an extra $15,000 USD for this option.

Regarding the brake calipers, I'm not so convinced about white, perhaps silver would suit the car better?

Rami,

Just as information, what is the selling price you want to get back for your murcielago ?

It might interest me .....

That sounds exellent !
    I would not go for the while caliper... it will look too bling.
    Why not match them with the inside color of the car ?

I will be very interested on a full review of the Ruf mod ! Keep us updated

CONGRATS on the choices! May I ask, the lambo, are you getting from a dealer in your country? I don't know how european take delivery of there vehicles since I'm from the states.

Congrats on two awesome choices Rami

What color is the interior on the LP640
    (Black with white stripes maybe)

I wouldn't go for white calipers, I think it would look strange and they would probably dirty very quickly.

If your interior is black, then I would definitely go for black calipers. I would probably go for black calipers anyway, it would make a nice contrast to the white car.

Thx guys!

I can't share any details on the Ruf package yet thuggy, but when I can it will be posted here

Mike, the carbon brakes ... no squeeling or anything? And do they perform ok when cold? My Porsche PCCB's work perfect but I have no idea how Lambo does.
    About the CF interior ... I'm not really fond on CF inside a car, never have been really Altho I must say that it starts growing on me. $15K USD??? That's enormous, here it costs 8K euro!?!

I'm still not sure what to do with the brake calipers, white might be too bling bling indeed and they will get dirty real fast. Silver might do ok, I have those on my Gallardo now. The interior of the car will be all black, stitching included (Q-citura means the diamondstyle stitching). Black calipers are also an option but the rims will be titanium or gunmetal so they might get lost a bit in that case.

I'm getting the car from the Belgian dealer OCG. Car is delivered there, gets the PPI and that's it.

Thierry, I'll send you a PM.

Congrats rami, too bad you didn't go for that orange color!

What is the CF finish in the interior if I may ask?

Quote:
    Rami said:
    Thx guys!

Mike, the carbon brakes ... no squeeling or anything? And do they perform ok when cold? My Porsche PCCB's work perfect but I have no idea how Lambo does.
    About the CF interior ... I'm not really fond on CF inside a car, never have been really Altho I must say that it starts growing on me. $15K USD??? That's enormous, here it costs 8K euro!?!

I'm still not sure what to do with the brake calipers, white might be too bling bling indeed and they will get dirty real fast. Silver might do ok, I have those on my Gallardo now. The interior of the car will be all black, stitching included (Q-citura means the diamondstyle stitching). Black calipers are also an option but the rims will be titanium or gunmetal so they might get lost a bit in that case.

I'm getting the car from the Belgian dealer OCG. Car is delivered there, gets the PPI and that's it.

Hi Rami, no squeaking what so ever yet (touch wood ) - I know this colour is out of place, but what about yellow calipers? I think it could look quite good even though the rest of your car doesn't have yellow. Could tie in quite nicely with the titanium wheels with the gold bull Lambo caps in the middle.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    what about yellow calipers? I think it could look quite good even though the rest of your car doesn't have yellow. Could tie in quite nicely with the titanium wheels with the gold bull Lambo caps in the middle.

Or he could just go for gold calipers, like on the new GT-R

rami, you made a great color choice for the lp, balloon is great, i advice you to go for black hermera wheel.. looks amazing on balloon white. even if you dont go for black ehrrls, go for hermra, they look great, hercules is the "old" wheel.
    i agree with mike, carbon interior is a must , without it the interior is boring.even bi color interior with stiching is great , puts more life to the interior
    also agree with mike , ceramics with so much power is a must. white calipers will be too bling, black , or red will be good.

white q citura?

Congrats Rami on a very fine choice..

Very cool choice .

Thx for the tips guys

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Very cool choice .

Ron - your avatar makes me want to swot my screen

Fantastic choice, Rami! Congratulations!

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Very cool choice .

Make that 2 of us ... my mouse seems to be drawn to that little bug

Quote:
    Rami said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Very cool choice .

Wanted to say the exact same thing. Tried to wipe it off

Quote:
    Gnil said:
    Quote:
    Rami said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Very cool choice .

Wanted to say the exact same thing. Tried to wipe it off

Quote:
    Rami said:

What about the speedlimit with this hardtop?
    Cause with the standard softtop you just have an ridiculous maximum speed of 160 km/h.

And have you got a pic of that hardtop?

Hope it doesn't look like this:
    http://www.kldconcept.com/index.php?file=Gallery&op=categorie&orderby=count&cat=202

Quote:
    Ulrich said:
    Quote:
    Rami said:

Cause with the standard softtop you just have an ridiculous maximum speed of 160 km/h.

i think on the lp, the softtop can cope to 200kph
    carbon roof can reach top speed as i have been told by BF performance that manufactures it

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    Ulrich said:
    Quote:
    Rami said:

i think on the lp, the softtop can cope to 200kph
    carbon roof can reach top speed as i have been told by BF performance that manufactures it

Well, tomorrow there will be the lp640 roadster on german tv (auto motor und sport tv) and on the website they allready say that th maximum speed is 160 kph with the softtop. that sucks!

The hardtop doesn't have a speedlimit so you can go all the way. Unfortunately you need to install a part on the car that can't be removed in the summer period. And THAT really sucks ... I might not even buy it because of that. It kinda messes up the awesome lines of the Roadster.

The soft top on the LP640 is indeed good for 200kph, as stated in the car itself. Not sure I would go that far tho Dealer said it would be best not to go faster than 160.

The hardtop is indeed the one shown on the KLD site. It's not looking great either but at least you can use the car in winter times

PS: Found a pic from Lambo Paris with a rearview camera installed and it's just like you said dhayek

Just FYI, in case you are not aware of it. White brake callipers (or red for that matter) are not even an option. Unless you want them to be aftermarket painted. Lamborghinis can be specified with black, silver or yellow callipers.

Yes that is correct indeed. I think I will opt for the silver ones.

Quote:
    Rami said:
    The hardtop doesn't have a speedlimit so you can go all the way. Unfortunately you need to install a part on the car that can't be removed in the summer period. And THAT really sucks ... I might not even buy it because of that. It kinda messes up the awesome lines of the Roadster.

The soft top on the LP640 is indeed good for 200kph, as stated in the car itself. Not sure I would go that far tho Dealer said it would be best not to go faster than 160.

The hardtop is indeed the one shown on the KLD site. It's not looking great either but at least you can use the car in winter times

PS: Found a pic from Lambo Paris with a rearview camera installed and it's just like you said dhayek

Why is there a woman standing in her undies next to the car?

Comes with the car

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    775187 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    440598 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262180 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260409 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    84877 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5448 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

879623 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    814502 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM