Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: European F1 Grand Prix

Things are looking better & better for Ferrari while unfortunately its looking worse & worse for McLaren.

Hamilton's tires blew and he just crashed his car at turn #9 ...oops

Looks like he might be racing tomorrow .. http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20070721/tts-uk-motor-racing-prix-hamilton-ca02f96.html

Poor Hamilton, I'm glad he's fine!

Stunning race

Impressed by Hamilton and Alonso, hope this season has more of this to come

What a [beep] race! The rain for us at the race was a bit of a surprise and well made things a bit messy. As far as the rain and the racing that was interesting and I kind of wished it rained off and on. Anyways sucks that the Ferraris could not dominate till the end of the race and that Lance Bass, errr Asslonso err Alonso i mean won. Oh well all in all a fun experience for my first F1 event live.

Hello guys !!, long time I dont visit rennteam due to holidays , but I tried my best to get in the boards, just to see the comments about today's GP!!!!!

This GP has been epic, harryo2b, not a bad day to choose your first time F1 GP live !!!!, I just wish I was there !!!! ....hope that my first time is as great as today!!!

What I'm going to say!!!!!!!, there is nothing to say actually!!!....Fernando is just in another level, today has been PERFECTO, and most important he has entertained everyone...with that already historic overtake to massa, and with the little "show" (WHICH I LOVED BY THE WAY ) he did after getting off the car !!!!, that was i.n.s.a.n.e. .....He has showed who really is number 1 and who isnt !!!!!

ohh!!! ...Right now I would be so depressed if I was a Kimi, Massa or Hamilton fan

What an historic race, I'm sure that from today F1 has grow in fans/expectators!!!....We want more of this races!!!!!

Have fun everyone, and happy summer for all rennteamers!!!!

Somebody was a *bit* lucky today. He was on another level...another luck level...but unmatched by his own level of class...
    Crying for the world being unfair and then being arrogant when things turn your way in such a manner shows how this guy is miles away from being a Champion with a big C.
    He lost total respect from me today...

I think the race was ruined by the rain. So many cars crashed out because they were unlucky enough to get caught in a wet part of the track.

It was certainly dramatic but was also stressful and unenjoyable for me.

Alonso handled the changeable conditions the best. Hamilton made some very poor tyre choices which cost him a points position. Poor Massa. He was robbed of victory by the final bit of rain. The McLaren performs far far better on intermediate tyres than the Ferrari does. Alonso's overtaking maneouvre was totally fair IMO. He passed Massa fair and square. So what if their wheels touched? I don't see what Massa was complaining about. It was poor sportsmanship from Felipe to be arguing with Alonso on global TV just before the podium ceremony. You could see Alonso wasn't interested in even replying to Massa. He was rightly just celebrating his win.

I hope Hamilton learns something from this race. 2 poor races in a row and now the points cushion he had built up through his consistent scoring has now been almost totally wiped out.

If I had to bet money on it, I would say Alonso is favourite to win again.

I hope the weather is more settled in Budapest.

Cammon Jeannot, I dont think Alonso has had luck , specially in these last races, in fact the way round....Today he had "the luck" when it started to rain, but there isnt any "luck" that Alonso performs probably the best in rain conditions, in fact he could have stayed in second position taking it really easy, and going for 8 conservative points to reduce the space with Hamilton....but he did what a true champion would have done, show all his talent, give everyhting he had, and go for the mentality of "ALL or NOTHING"!!, he finished first overtaking massa, risking may be the entire championship, it turned out great for him, and thats what Formula one needs !!!!.......ACTION !!!

Anyway Hamilton and Kimi also had bad luck...Hamilton did an amazing start (I couldnt believe what I was seeing ), but well like Fernando has said in these last races, bad luck comes and goes......

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    Alonso handled the changeable conditions the best. Hamilton made some very poor tyre choices which cost him a points position. Poor Massa. He was robbed of victory by the final bit of rain. The McLaren performs far far better on intermediate tyres than the Ferrari does. Alonso's overtaking maneouvre was totally fair IMO. He passed Massa fair and square. So what if their wheels touched? I don't see what Massa was complaining about. It was poor sportsmanship from Felipe to be arguing with Alonso on global TV just before the podium ceremony. You could see Alonso wasn't interested in even replying to Massa. He was rightly just celebrating his win.

I absolutely agree with you easy (and not because I'm an alonso fan , there was no error from fernando, in fact massa went over alonso's direction, when Alonso's car already was in front of him.....that fight between each other, was out of place, and for sure not the moment, but it was so stressfull and entertaining that I just hope there is a youtube video about that, I really want to see it again ......The champtionship is in fire, cant wait to see next race!!!!

I was there today. What a SOUND!

Massa did not start the argument on TV.
    Cry baby Alonso invited!! the camera crew to take a close up of his left side pod, showing Massa's tyre marks, and then making a hand gesture that Massa's move was wrong.
    Massa either saw this incident, or was informed about it, and he simply reminded him before they went on the podium of what a "sporty" driver he (Alonso) is.
    Spain have a great driver, Alonso, who if only did not act so immaturely, arogant and stupidly, he would have other fans, outside Spain, but his behavior is very annoying and not very honoring for the sport, having a 2times World Champion acting in this manner.

Was it confirmed that Kimi ran out of fuel or was it another mechanical failure?

Finnish TV spoke of a hydraulics failure, not sure if it's accurate, though.

Alonso is an [beep]. He may be a great driver and 2 time WDC but his behaviour is spoiled and arrogant. To win a race and behave that way is like a child. That is why he has no respect from many people. He may well win another WDC but he will never be an all time great.

Compare to Hamilton who after the weekend he has had, just smiled and said it was experience.

2 things confirmed after this race:

1 - Kimi's crew and car support continue lousy.

2 - Massa is not the guy to lead anything.

Quote:
    cgt said:
    Alonso is an [beep]. He may be a great driver and 2 time WDC but his behaviour is spoiled and arrogant.

I'm no Alonso's fan but you got it wrong. Massa was the cry baby and Massa obstructed, beyond what the FIA rules allow.

Apparently Alonso accused Massa to have come into contact on purpose, hence him pointing to the damaged part of his car in the "parc fermé" and the pre-podium dispute.
    Thinks went cooler during the press conference and if I understood correctly the two apologised.

Since the end of the last season Ferrari has been incredibly deficient in reliability, it caused them the lost of the 2 championships last year and thus for the time being IMHO they don't deserve to win the constructor championship this year.

Massa is an excellent driver, but no match for Raikhonen, Alonso and Hamilton.

Alonso showed today again what a great competitor he is, IMO the greatest of his victories.
    Also currently the best on the wet now that MSC retired.

After the race I found him to express all his frustration from the last races which is comprehensible, it is easy to criticise him but let us not forget F1 is a very competitive environment where one is put under a lot of pressure.
    What stroke me though is his relative coldness with Ron Dennis, no huge like it is frequently the case and he didn't really tried to meet his eyes from the moment he left his car to the podium.

Hamilton had a really though w.e., he said he didn't know the car at all since it was a different one from the qualifying, and still he delivers a remarkable performance with some first-class overtaking manoeuvers.

What a race. What a race.
    Finally a race that had almost everything you could ask for.
    Alonso won because he was the least unfortunate of the pilots - not because he was the best. But that's Formula One for you - you never ever know what happens

Hamilton: All that hard work and all that focus trying to hang in there thru his ordeals - just to end up at no 9
    But it would also be a bit too much if that guy got all the luck all the time.

Kimi: WTF?? How the hell can this problem continue? Is he too hard on the material or is he not getting the right deal from the team???
    Kimi claims it was a hydraulics problem, even tho our local commentators kept insisting it looked a lot like he was running out of fuel.
    Seemed the problem appeared to be worse going left than going right, which indicates some kinda fluid problem.
    If it was fuel, it is mega embarrassing for Ferrari - perhaps thats why they stick to the hydraulics story?
    As for his chances in the championships: I dunno - it's almost a joke how many times he lucks out. But I hope he will get back in contention.
    And speaking of Ferrari: How the heck can they throw away a 5 second lead to Alonso and then apparently feck up the last pitstop (Massa complained about a shaky suspension/wheels)????

Alonso: He did ok, but the race wasnt his to lose. He should praise himself very very lucky to not end up third or fourth in this race.
    Torrential rain and a lot of odd incidences turned out to be his helpers today - next time he may not be so lucky.
    And that maneuver he did in the pitlane: Why the hell doesnt he get penalized for that?? Oh, yes. "Here's a 1.000 $ fine." Gee, thats gonna help.
    No, how come he doesnt get a drivethru for that stunt?

As for his crybaby/arrogance problem: Guys, it seems you finally are seeing the light here! This is what I have been preaching for the past 2 seasons! Browse the older F1 posts, and you will even find a Gayonso rap and some interesting ads!

Quote:
    ADias said:
    Quote:
    cgt said:
    Alonso is an [beep]. He may be a great driver and 2 time WDC but his behaviour is spoiled and arrogant.

I'm no Alonso's fan but you got it wrong. Massa was the cry baby and Massa obstructed, beyond what the FIA rules allow.

I disagree my friend. Alonso is the one who was arguing, not Massa. I find this behaviour totally inexcusable from somebody who has just won the race. And as I said it really undermines his standing as a champion.

Dr Phil- I think Kimi's jinx is having Schumi at the race. Whenever MS is at the track, Kimi hits bad luck. When MS is not there, Kimi is unstoppable! Kimi should lock Michael in a decent clothing store for the rest of the season, then he will be safe.

What a race indeed, it had absolutely everything. The best race of the best season in a very long time
    My highlights were Liuzzi almost taking out the Safety Car (now that would have been something - "the race has been red flagged because the Safety Car has crashed") and MS handing the trophy to mo-Ron Dennis.

Here's a good illustration of the conditions just after the start yesterday, no wonder 7 cars ended up in the gravel together, intermediate tires doesn't stand a chance against this downpour:

I'm happy that it was not Felipe that started the argument with Fernando. It doesn't surprise me one bit that Alonso behaved in an arrogant manner just after winning the race. I'm happy to stand corrected - I initially assumed Felipe had started this spat.

Alonso definitely deserves some kind of punishment for endangering Fisi and the Honda pit crew in the final pit stop.

Hamilton had a really unlucky weekend. A failed wheelgun leading to a tyre deflation, crashing at 120kph into a tyre wall, starting from a 'new' car with only the engine and gearbox from the old one...his errors were choosing the slick tyres too soon. Hope he outdrives Alonso for the rest of the season.

Kimi was a disaster. If it really was a hydraulics prob, he has my sympathy but he made so many silly mistakes too...missing the pit lane!

I didn't think it was a great race - too much random luck involved. It was chaos! Hopefully, the rest of the races won't be such a lottery.....

What a great race for someone like Winkelhock, having an, possibly one-and-only, opportunity to compete in an F1 race and lead the pack with the most underwhelming car of them all. Surely nothing compared to a solid victory but which one of the backmarkers can ever claim to get into top ten?

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Torrential rain and a lot of odd incidences turned out to be his helpers today [...]

Judging from those comments I guess you should better continue hustling those pixels along the screen...

The conditions were the same for all 22 participants. Being the winner under those conditions doesn't have anything to do with luck, ever heard the word "talent"? Whatever Alonso does in a race, some of you will find an aspect to oppugn. Ridiculous!
    Massa was very, very rigid in those laps fighting for victory, partially beyond the edge of being fair. There was no need at all, neither physical nor strategical, to collide with his opponent after being already passed. Sometimes Massa makes me wonder what his brain does under heavy use. If you see it as a fair move, I do not want to know how you drive your car...

Quote:
    AUM said:

Tell us more! Pictures...?

Guys,

interesting thread to read. I don't really believe in luck or unluck, thats my experience. Over time it should balance.

Yes Kimi was often in unfortunate situation, especially under McLaren....which was also the same for Hakkinen in his later years (2000 / 2001). That kind of reliability does not match the teams self assessment . Nevertheless Kimi is in fact a great and extreme fast driver. Who was even after all the dramas in yesterdays race in good position to gain a lot points.

Obvioulsy McLaren seemed to cope way better with the wet conditions than Ferrari.

These few wet laps at the end of the race had been fantastic by Alonso. His overtaking to Massa was great. So much about that... Alsonso behaviour and attitude outside the car is ridiculous. I don't know whats wrong with that guy, not the first time he shows this bad side of character. He often reminds me in these moments to Alain Prosts, who played that political game off the race car. Not a good style at all.

BTW: I had been there as well... was worth it! Very good and exciting race. The BMW F1 Pit Lane Park is fun to visit! Nice F1 donuts!

Nordschleife had been rent for 2 days by RMC (Great Britain)....lots of Porsche Carrera RS / GT3 RS on track!

Quote:
    AUM said:

What section were you guys in?

Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Torrential rain and a lot of odd incidences turned out to be his helpers today [...]

Judging from those comments I guess you should better continue hustling those pixels along the screen...

(....)
    Whatever Alonso does in a race, some of you will find an aspect to oppugn. Ridiculous!

I think I know why you see Alonso as your rolemodel.
    Did you pick up your sarchastic and arrogant attitude from watching him?
    You know, it is actually possible to disagree with other people without behaving like a snooty moron. You should try it.

Regarding the Massa pass: Check the incident on video.
    You'll have to be more than a blind Alonso-fan to state that Massa was in any way breaking the FIA rules or playing anymore rough than Alonso.
    But like Alonso says: "Ay will not talk diz animore! I will not talk diz! I win race! I WIIIN RACE!!! "
    LOL He's such a classy guy

Alonso did a great race , agreat move on Massa , but he is incredibly arrogant and a lyer , he can not acuse the others of being incorrect , when is the most incorrect driver on track and of track, i hope hamilton destrois him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIasWZgUhRA&NR=1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvre8Umf6Xs&NR=1

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803286 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448595 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266157 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90083 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6635 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885760 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833366 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM