Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017)

Btw: That 991.1 GT3 RS at my dealer with only slightly over 1000 km onboard dropped now in price under 188k EUR. First asking price was over 220k or so. I guess the owner wants to get rid of it before the 991.2 GT3 RS is official but he may not be the only one.

Sometimes i'm thinking that it might be good for people that have less budget to get some great deal from speculators that just want to get back liquidities :)

price.PNG

Top price : 275k brutto or 279k net      low price : 177K brutto or 169K net

13 cars over 250, 113 cars over 200K, 63 cars from 150K to 200K

To be fair: That 991.1 GT3 RS has just been sold for 185k or so...seems like an OK price to me for this car.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Yesterdays „Soundnacht“ at Zuffenhausen again was great - this year they had a Facebbook livestream.

During the GT2 presentation AP mentioned 1.000 GT2 for Europe and 1.000 for the rest of the world...

BlueflameFDE14700-787F-4078-A5BF-F3242A8C6884.jpeg

Interesting. Thanks, blueflame.

--

White 991.2 GT3, V260 March 2018

1000 units for Europe is a lot of units for such a radical car and in that price range... I don't foresee a great difference in supply and demand IMO for those that may want to speculate with this car since they have to first keep it for a year is it?

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Cool! Dd you meet Rufie as well? I think he was going too.

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Great! Maybe this is porsche actually listening to its customers. 2000 cars is too many to make it particularly attractive to speculators so hopefully only people who genuinely want to use the car will get allocations!

Only 5 are arriving to Spain apparently

That seems kind of low if AP said that 1000 units are for Europe 

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Yes...that's true 

Got some insight how the GT2 is to drive during my Vallelunga Experiance. Had a lengthy discussion with Mark W during dinner about his feel and two things among other stood out.

1) It is “easy” to drive, but he think there will be some incidents due to the fact to this cars enormous power ability’s and it’s unbelivable speed. 0-60 the Turbo s is well there, but 60-200 and above... Its just unbelievably fast, he says. So fast that people will not understand what speed their driving at when the corner comes (where talking about track here...) and this could cause so serius late breaking incidents. He said it so hard to believe the speed the GT2 will be able to reach just in 3-4 seconds. The POWER in just totally mind blowing according to him.

2) Tires i.e N2’s. Be very careful when driving at low/moderate speed in cold weather (under 10 degrees) and cold tires The tires are built to be able handle over 350 at 25 degrees and since you just can’t have a tires window to cover the whole spectrum they sacrificed the low speed/cold temp window of the tires. This of course discussed due to the fact that I live in Sweden. He also told me that he had experienced this him self when he was out driving with his GT3 RS in cold weather. 20 minutes on a highway (I.e no temp in the tires) in moderate speed and cold weather, then going of at the exit he lost the rare (easy catch for HIM, but I and some other more ordinary drivers should be aware....).

Regarding spec’s on mine, let’s see where I end up. Will go down and talk to the exclusive guys in end of November. Might change my whole thought about how to spec the car?!yes

Thanks for sharing wink

One thing Porsche have always been masters of is making road cars with outrageous performance drive safely and being able to put all their power down (Carrera GT being exception) even the last nanny free 996GT2 could deploy 640NM in safety and now with nannies 750NM GT2RS is safe enough for most drivers but as you point out above (and according to MW) it is a consequence of this that the cars can become dangerous as drivers cannot feel how fast and how dangerous the car is because the nannies are looking after them, but even the nannies cannot save them from too fast entry speeds !

My daily driver 911 has 950NM and it constantly reminds how dangerous it is with loss of traction in all gears up to 5th (it would be undriveable without nannies) so one is always alert to the inherent danger. 

--

997 GT2 2014 3.9 Mezger, 800PS @ 1.2 bar

993 Turbo, 2006 built 3.8, 577PS/797NM, 1440kg DIN

The farmer:

Got some insight how the GT2 is to drive during my Vallelunga Experiance. Had a lengthy discussion with Mark W during dinner about his feel and two things among other stood out.

1) It is “easy” to drive, but he think there will be some incidents due to the fact to this cars enormous power ability’s and it’s unbelivable speed. 0-60 the Turbo s is well there, but 60-200 and above... Its just unbelievably fast, he says. So fast that people will not understand what speed their driving at when the corner comes (where talking about track here...) and this could cause so serius late breaking incidents. He said it so hard to believe the speed the GT2 will be able to reach just in 3-4 seconds. The POWER in just totally mind blowing according to him.

2) Tires i.e N2’s. Be very careful when driving at low/moderate speed in cold weather (under 10 degrees) and cold tires The tires are built to be able handle over 350 at 25 degrees and since you just can’t have a tires window to cover the whole spectrum they sacrificed the low speed/cold temp window of the tires. This of course discussed due to the fact that I live in Sweden. He also told me that he had experienced this him self when he was out driving with his GT3 RS in cold weather. 20 minutes on a highway (I.e no temp in the tires) in moderate speed and cold weather, then going of at the exit he lost the rare (easy catch for HIM, but I and some other more ordinary drivers should be aware....).

Regarding spec’s on mine, let’s see where I end up. Will go down and talk to the exclusive guys in end of November. Might change my whole thought about how to spec the car?!yes

Interesting . Thanks .

Tell us about your change of specs and what motivates it ...

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

The farmer:

Did Mark Webber make a joke here Smiley The old GT2RS war not much slower, just as an example...

No, he's just an employee.

MKSGR:

Did Mark Webber make a joke here Smiley The old GT2RS war not much slower, just as an example...

I was thinking the same thing because on paper the 997RS is about 3 seconds behind 200-300kph even with 2 manual changes, it has 700NM v 750 so really not massively different..... As I was driving home it was nice and dry and reasonably warm @17C so I wrung mine out in 3rd..... total mayhem very hard acceleration up to ~180kph and then..... and this is where the difference is, with a manual you have to purposely change gear and start the torque rush again in 4th so unless you are racing you tend not to as you have just fulfilled the immediate fair ground ride G needs.... Here is where the 991GT2RS is different, I know this from the 991.2 turboS I had, you have your foot to the floor and the 991 turbos just keep going with an uninterrupted wave of power, gear changes are not even noticed so it goads you to keep your foot planted as long as you dare - this is what I think MW is describing, I felt it to a degree on the 991.2 turboS and it is quite disturbing as it relies on a lot of self control there is no gear change to be made which gives your brain a chance to stop for an instant and think twice..... a beast indeed Smiley

--

997 GT2 2014 3.9 Mezger, 800PS @ 1.2 bar

993 Turbo, 2006 built 3.8, 577PS/797NM, 1440kg DIN

MKSGR:
    The farmer:

Nope, he just described the feeling he had when driving it. But I didn’t ask about any difference in feel between the 997 and 991 version. I’m not buying a 997 so just asked how the 991 felt and he told me. Smiley The only thing we copaired was the the weather in uk and Sweden. Same crap we agreed, so might join him in Monaco. Seemed a lot nicer....Smiley

SmileyGnil:
    The farmer:

Regarding spec’s on mine, let’s see where I end up. Will go down and talk to the exclusive guys in end of November. Might change my whole thought about how to spec the car?!

Interesting . Thanks .

Tell us about your change of specs and what motivates it ...

Nothing has changed so far, still black on black Weissach, but I’m going down to discuss what they can do and if I like what they are showing me, I might change my mind. Still thinking about deep sea blue, but must get a close look at it first. So let’s see where this ends up. Change or no change, don’t know yetSmiley

How about black with orange accents? :-0

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

The farmer:
    Nothing has changed so far, still black on black Weissach, but I’m going down to discuss what they can do and if I like what they are showing me, I might change my mind. Still thinking about deep sea blue, but must get a close look at it first. So let’s see where this ends up. Change or no change, don’t know yetSmiley

Deep sea blue would be very interesting on that car  , for sure on public roads . On the track maybe too elegant ? But needs to be checked out for sure .    What made you suddenly change your approach to the specs ?  And I am curious about what they '' can '' do ..... 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

TB993tt:

I was thinking the same thing because on paper the 997RS is about 3 seconds behind 200-300kph even with 2 manual changes, it has 700NM v 750 so really not massively different..... As I was driving home it was nice and dry and reasonably warm @17C so I wrung mine out in 3rd..... total mayhem very hard acceleration up to ~180kph and then..... and this is where the difference is, with a manual you have to purposely change gear and start the torque rush again in 4th so unless you are racing you tend not to as you have just fulfilled the immediate fair ground ride G needs.... Here is where the 991GT2RS is different, I know this from the 991.2 turboS I had, you have your foot to the floor and the 991 turbos just keep going with an uninterrupted wave of power, gear changes are not even noticed so it goads you to keep your foot planted as long as you dare - this is what I think MW is describing, I felt it to a degree on the 991.2 turboS and it is quite disturbing as it relies on a lot of self control there is no gear change to be made which gives your brain a chance to stop for an instant and think twice..... a beast indeed Smiley

Very well described!

My 918 is so much easier to drive than was my Carrera GT that the same "intellectualizing" of which you write is required so as to not get into a dangerous situation.

Every "fast" Porsche I have ever driven at the Mid-Ohio track ended up reaching between 148 and 153 mph on the long straight before I elected to slow down for Turn 7.  The 918 goes 172 in the same situation.  Waaay faster, but feeling so under control.  Only when back in the paddock, as I reflected on the fun, did I become somewhat afraid of what I had just done.  1980's IMSA GTP real race cars didn't go any faster in the same spot.

Unbelievable. 

--

Mike

918 Spyder + 991 GT3 RS +Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S + Panamera Turbo +  BMW Z8 + BMW 3.0 CSi + Bentley Arnage T

TB993tt:

Interesting comment and I have to agree. I find that driving a manual on road allows you to be better calibrated to the type of road and prevailing conditions. I enjoy driving with gears 2-3-4 on most UK roads, with 5-6 only needed for motorways. By comparison, a PDK gearbox seems to quickly change up to 5-6-7 thus losing the self-restraint of a lower gear and the chorus of a flat-six on song! I appreciate that you can use different modes in PDK, including Manual changes, but I just prefer a manual gearbox when driving on the road.

Does anyone knows about what is the material of the rear windows ? same as Gt3 Rs or ?

There is mentioned that they are in special lightweight glass, so basically it could be both from my point of view...

Any info ?

M4n0t0:

Does anyone knows about what is the material of the rear windows ? same as Gt3 Rs or ?

There is mentioned that they are in special lightweight glass, so basically it could be both from my point of view...

Any info ?

No its not the same like I said its the same material like mobile phone ( gorilla glass ) scratch resistant and more lightweight 

--

997 GT3 RS 3.6 - 964 RS - 993 RS -  991 GT3 RS

Chalk GT2 RS

BA25964B-1C15-4C0D-B731-06EA09EEE463.jpeg

--

Know that one of the cars goding to sweden will be chalk. But NOT mine, i want a fast one, so ill go with black...

The farmer:

Know that one of the cars goding to sweden will be chalk. But NOT mine, i want a fast one, so ill go with black...

Black for sure look gorgeous 

--

The farmer:

Haven't you learned anything from Rennteam? Smiley The fastest color is white. Black is second fastest. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

What happens if you go black and white? 🤔

r3tract:

What happens if you go black and white? 🤔

Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688294 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408611 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255489 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234721 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65350 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4634 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857486 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773219 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM