Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

F430: yes/no?

This weekend I need to decide if I am going to buy a new F430 or not. The car is scheduled for Oct. this year but I need to get the final options list (including int. and ext. colors) by Monday morning.

It would be my first Ferrari (and I intend to keep my 911 as a daily driver), so I have many questions about it.
    I do not intend to track this car.
    Also I live in Eastern Europe, Romania, and roads are horrible around here compared to your standards (the roads are getting better though, each year).

But let's start simple (please respond with "why" not "just because"):
    - F1 vs. manual?
    - Ceramic brakes or steel?
    - tire pressure monitor or not?
    - flat tires?
    - navigation&bluetooth? (looks horrible)
    - electric seats?
    - seat heating?
    - race seats?
    - bose? (I hate the look of that optional subwoofer; does bose looks better?)

BTW: how many airbags the F430 has? And the racing seats are removing any of the airbags?
    How about the number of the standard speakers? Bose adds speakers?

Is the Red Corsa color a metallic one?

Re: F430: yes/no?

And one more thing: does any of you has a picture of the charcoal interior? (dark grey)

following your order:
    (imo)

- F1
    - Ceramic !!!!
    - yes
    - yes
    - buy nav aftermarket, bluetooth if u use it frequently...
    - race seats!
    - car is hot enough
    - if it's not your daily driver, no bose, only engine sound!

good luck!

-Manual
    -Ceramic
    -no
    -no
    -no
    -no
    -yes
    -yes

Quote:
    Pentium said:
    This weekend I need to decide if I am going to buy a new F430 or not. The car is scheduled for Oct. this year but I need to get the final options list (including int. and ext. colors) by Monday morning.

It would be my first Ferrari (and I intend to keep my 911 as a daily driver), so I have many questions about it.
    I do not intend to track this car.
    Also I live in Eastern Europe, Romania, and roads are horrible around here compared to your standards (the roads are getting better though, each year).

But let's start simple (please respond with "why" not "just because"):
    - F1 vs. manual?
    - Ceramic brakes or steel?
    - tire pressure monitor or not?
    - flat tires?
    - navigation&bluetooth? (looks horrible)
    - electric seats?
    - seat heating?
    - race seats?
    - bose? (I hate the look of that optional subwoofer; does bose looks better?)

BTW: how many airbags the F430 has? And the racing seats are removing any of the airbags?
    How about the number of the standard speakers? Bose adds speakers?

Is the Red Corsa color a metallic one?

Go with F1. Manual at least in the US poses a problem in resale. Also, if your Porsche is manual the F1 is a terrific compliment to it.

Since your not tracking the car, get the steel brakes. They are excellent.

Personally I believe upgraded stero system in a Ferrari is blasphemy. The base system is adequate and the music is in the exhaust. The Nav. system I was required to order is a joke. Unless the 2007-8 have improved models, don't buy it. Also, unless you use blue tooth a lot, save your money. Again the engine roar is what you want to listen to. Beside it is not your daily car so no need for it.

I definitely would get the tire pressure monitor. Also since your road are poor, you might not want the run flat because my understanding is they give a rougher ride than the other alternatives.

Forget the racing seats. They are not very comfortable and reduce the value of the car on resale. Get Daytona's with electric seats. They enhance the value of the car on resale. If heated seats are available on electric Daytona's get them. The 599 has nice looking seats and look very comfortable. They may be a good compromise because they have a racy look. I am not sure whether you can special order them for the 430.

To my knowledge Red Corsa is not metallic. Does it make a difference? Here is a dated chart to some of the vintage colors which may interest you.

http://www.jb330gt.com/color/1995FerrariBig.jpg

Don't forget the shields. They are a must on Red Corsa exterior. Consider polish wheels or CS wheels. I do not like a monochromatic interior. Consider color inserts on the seats or dual colored steering wheel. Also consider CF trim and full leather. Depending on the color of the interior you, need to choose either a red or yellow tachometer.

Without a doubt, the tan interior is best for Red Corsa.

Forget the Red, everybody does that.

Look at light metallic blue paint and Crema leather w/black carpeting and without shields.

Nicks is so right about stereo/nav and blue tooth options. In 12 months they will be obsolete anyway.

Nicks also right about resale with the F1, but only for now, as the used market will discount them heavily in a few years due to frequency of repair and high parts costs.

The manual is really good and u save $$$$$$, plus it has no wierd slothful glitches when reversing, creeping in traffic or trying to back up quick for a fast getaway. It can be used like a normal car unlike with the F1.

The manual is more fun, more engaging and the F1 shifter is no longer a unique item, even Mitsubishi SUVs have titanium paddle shifters now.

for resale , manual is a problem, go f1
    the 430 has only 2 airbags

If I am making this move in a year or two I would like to upgrade either to a new model or to a more powerfull one. So I need to explain whom could be the potential next buyer: most probably a soccer player or a famous local singer. I do believe that a Red Corsa F1 coupe (shields on fenders added) is easier to sell than a manual one, so even that I like manuals more than the F1 transmission I need to go that way.
    One more thing to ask: how much an F1 clutch cost? better get ready now ...

Interior color: I think I will go black with white stiches.
    I know everybody thinks that a brighter color like tan looks better but such a color will be hell to mantain where I live.
    I also think about charcoal but nobody could show me one damn picture of the thing so I am afraid to take the chance.
    I don't like carbon fiber details so much, so no to that too.
    The dual color interior doesn't tell me much, especially that I hate having leather on the inner roof.
    By the way: what's the standard inner roof covered with?

Now on the brakes: I don't like the idea of ceramic brakes for road use but I am so spoiled by Porsche's brakes that I want all the stopping power I can get. I just hope someone can confirm me somehow (numbers, reviews?) that they really perform better than the steel ones. I also found out that not only the brakes are bigger but the front CC ones also have 6 cylinders per caliper instead of 4 for the steel ones. That must give a better pedal feel and a smoother stop. Too bad that are noisy. Do you know rocks can affect/destroy them? We have bad roads around here ...
    Calipers can be ordered in Red Corsa too so that's a must.

Next: seats. I can' t believe that the only airbags are the two in front!
    Does the standard seat have lumbar support?
    What exactly adds the electrical seat? Side electrical adjustments or just what works manual on the standard seat becomes electrically operated?
    Bad roads mean more vibrations so racing seats are a big no.
    I don't like the look of Daytona seats so I would go for no on this one too.
    Do you know that in Europe the racing seats can be ordered in two sizes, medium and large?

Tires: I would not pick the runflats as the ride becomes harder and again my roads are bad.
    Tire pressure monitor: is it displaying values for each wheel or is just signaling when pressure is lost?
    How do you calibrate it?
    And the most important question for me: if an error is detected can you disable the annoying beep?
    Many people around here chosen this option, let's say on a Cayenne, and now they curse it each day because the bad roads are keeping the alarm sounding almost all the time. I don't want that to happen to me at 180-190 mph.

Pirelli and Goodyear tires don't mix too god with the asphalt we have so are any Michelin's available for the 430?

Rims: I like the standard ones and around here any type of polished/chromed ones are not appreciated.

Sound: I hardly ever use the sound system even in my 911 but I was curious to know if the Bose adds something as soccer players like sound systems so my local re-sale value may be hurt
    The hifi subwoofer is hideous and hurts space so I was just wondering what Bose adds.

Sorry for the long text but I don't want to mess something up and than regret it.

Yes, with F1 and Race Seats:)

May want to consider getting a place in Munich to house your new F...much better roads/consumption culture than ex-Germany EU....

Know a couple of car nuts from London who adopted this strategy....and, in US, know several car nuts from NYC/Chicago who got houses in LA to keep their cars for similar reasons of arbitraging better roads/weather/scenery, etc....

take the "men-options"
    - F1
    - Ceramic
    - race seats

Quote:
    spidernikolaus said:
    take the "men-options"
    - F1
    - Ceramic
    - race seats

Agree 100%.
    It's a Ferrari fer God's sake, when you're done driving the heck out of it in the racing seats then you can relax in your cushy electric lazy boy chair at home. Besides for me the racing seats are comfortable, easily drive around all day & night long w/ no problem, how much cushion does your ass really need in a F430. Plus the racing seats look really cool too w/ their carbon fiber backs. From the front too gives the interior a much more racey look. As for re-sale , buy the car FOR YOU, not the next guy and if it turns out to be a couple of thousand less for re-sale whenever who cares get what YOU WANT, dont compromise there, you never know what the future holds, what happens if you decide to keep the car. Look what happened here in the US, now that they stopped the racing seats it actually made racing seat cars more rare. Not saying that's going to happen there just saying tick the options that gets your heart beating the most, period. If you get racing seats you gotta get CCM's. The 2 together plus shields is how a Ferrari should be imho. Good luck!

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    spidernikolaus said:
    take the "men-options"
    - F1
    - Ceramic
    - race seats

Agree 100%.
    It's a Ferrari fer God's sake, when you're done driving the heck out of it in the racing seats then you can relax in your cushy electric lazy boy chair at home. Besides for me the racing seats are comfortable, easily drive around all day & night long w/ no problem, how much cushion does your ass really need in a F430. Plus the racing seats look really cool too w/ their carbon fiber backs. From the front too gives the interior a much more racey look. As for re-sale , buy the car FOR YOU, not the next guy and if it turns out to be a couple of thousand less for re-sale whenever who cares get what YOU WANT, dont compromise there, you never know what the future holds, what happens if you decide to keep the car. Look what happened here in the US, now that they stopped the racing seats it actually made racing seat cars more rare. Not saying that's going to happen there just saying tick the options that gets your heart beating the most, period. If you get racing seats you gotta get CCM's. The 2 together plus shields is how a Ferrari should be imho. Good luck!

Here is the final option list (September delivery hopefuly):
    - rosso corsa exterior;
    - nero interior;
    - F1 coupe;
    - Carbon Ceramic brakes;
    - fender shields;
    - rosso corsa red calipers;
    - yellow tachometer;
    - silver/grey stiching (I am waiting for a sample before making the choice - red was too much IMO);
    - black leathered roof;
    - Tire pressure monitor (still not likeing the idea but let's try the sucker);
    - pirelli tires, no runflats;
    - 3M clear bra;
    - "plancia centrale" in carbon fibre (the trimming surounding the airvents, both sides and central console).

I hope this is the begining of a beautiful friendship

Thanks everybody for the advices and feel free to comment.

PS Here are the codes: CCMD, LOGO, CALR, RUF1, STC1, TPM0.

Stradale:

I was just asking details about the options.
    In the end I did exactly what I wanted as you may see.
    Sorry, I still don't like the racing seats in a F430.
    Those seats are excellent for the ... Stradale I agree.

If I am going to switch to the LP next year, that car will have those seats as standard

Quote:
    Pentium said:
    Stradale:

I was just asking details about the options.
    In the end I did exactly what I wanted as you may see.
    Sorry, I still don't like the racing seats in a F430.
    Those seats are excellent for the ... Stradale I agree.

If I am going to switch to the LP next year, that car will have those seats as standard

Actually, yes I had the racing seats in my "Stradale" but now have them in my F430. But You have to get what makes you happy and you are so excellent choice.

From the outside our cars will look very similiar....Good luck.

ps: Don't go w/ Silver stitching on a Corsa/Nero Car. You may not realize it now but trust me that's not a good combo. Stay w/ all black or even better go w/ red stitching.

I like your car.

The dual red interior with red stiching was on my list too, for a while.

I really like white/"light grey" stiching on black leather.
    Again, I would do red stiching on a F430 Scuderia.
    This one I want to keep it simple/classic. At least where I live this combo is considered classic.

A rule of thumb used by many dealerships is to match the stitching color with the exterior color of the car. I agree, a red car with white or grey stitch won't look as good as red. You will especially notice the mismatch in the cabin when you are in it. The red stitch ties everything together very nicely. The exception to this rule, is a Nero car. You can select any stitch color you want with Nero. Most common is grey/white or yellow.

I have rosso scuderia / nero F430 with scuderia calipers and red stitch / yellow tach / CF trim. The standard stitch is very subtle and it looks great. My vote is to order the red. You will not regret it!

Stradale told me at first to design my car as I want.
    I answered him that this is exactly what I am doing (I was just asking for more details from owners).
    Now, in a funny way to me, it looks like I am taking grief just for that!? Ironic, isn't it?

OK, my fault, I asked again the dealer what was the name of the stiching color I chosed: the stiching is not silver or light grey is dark grey aka grigio scuro (even that to me looked as light grey not dark). But the translation of grigio scuro is dark grey. I am puzzled.

I really do like black lether with dark grey stiching aka "grigio scuro" (not silver; silver is more reflective).
    I am counting on the fact that the stiching is subtle so it will be just noticable not so much "in-your-face" as red looks to my eyes (too posh? too rice? English it's not my native language ... let's call it too sport, more in line with Scuderia/CS/LP whatever you wanna call it).

Again, on a F430 Scuderia I would do the red stiching and I like the standard racing seats. Personally, I am looking from something else in a F430 standard.

Quote:
    spidernikolaus said:
    take the "men-options"
    - F1
    - Ceramic
    - race seats

take the "men-options"
    - F1
    - Ceramic
    - race seats
    - Challenge Grille
    - Scuderia Rosso Exterior colour

That's what I have in my car, so cool!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803490 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448632 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266217 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90116 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6662 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885876 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833505 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM