Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Dealer called yesterday, needs my TT Cab options

this am!
    What do you guys think? I know the option prices are for 07.

2008 997 Turbo Cabriolet.

Z4 - Basalt Black Metallic - $0
    AT - Black Full Leather - $0
    CFX - Floor Mats With Colored Trim (black mats/black leather trim) - $510
    342 - Heated Front Seats - $480
    PO1L - Adaptive Sport Seats Lthr Int. - $1145
    XSC - Porsche Crest in Headrest - $270
    692 - Remote CD Changer - $650
    220 - Axle-Differential Lock rear - $950
    450 - Ceramic Composite Brakes - PCCB - $8840
    640 - Sport Chrono Package Plus - $1840
    CDZ - Gear Lever Trim Leather - $251
    CUV - Storage Compartment Lid w/ Model Logo - $293
    CVW - Rear View Mirror Leather
    DAA - Interior Pkg A Pillar Leather - $740
    XMP - Leather Sun Visors Leather - $560
    XNG - Instrument Surround in Leather - $260
    XNS - Steering Column in Leather - $420
    XPA - Thicker Steering Wheel- Leather - $310
    803 - Carbon Package - $890
    CJJ - Belt Outlet B Pillar Carbon - $490
    EAD - Carbon Package Switch Panel - $2700
    X69 - Carbon Door Sil Model Insignia - $780
    XMJ - Rear Center Console - Carbon - $1625
    XTL - Door Finisher in Carbon - $2700
    X54 - Stainless steel chrome plated exhaust pipes -

I'm thinking of taking off the rear view mirror in leather, does anyone have a picture of the leather rear view mirror?

Also thinking of deleting the CD Changer, I haven't used it once in my 997 S cab in the last 2 yrs.

Plus if anyone has the lighted Carbon Fiber door sil - what is the option code & price?

Any thoughts? tia~

Re: Dealer called yesterday, needs my TT Cab optio

On a Black interior, there's no need for black wrapped leather trimmed floor mats, leather steering column or leather instrument surround - they will all be black anyway, and the minor stitching won't even show.

Beyond that, it's a helluva turbo you've got spec'd out. I'd delete the CDC and just get our Dension unit for iPod instead.

Nice one!

Quote:
    Eric (Plug Guy) said:
    On a Black interior, there's no need for black wrapped leather trimmed floor mats, leather steering column or leather instrument surround - they will all be black anyway, and the minor stitching won't even show.

Beyond that, it's a helluva turbo you've got spec'd out. I'd delete the CDC and just get our Dension unit for iPod instead.

Nice one!

I have the black leather trimmed mats now in a black interior cabriolet and really love they way they look. I'm not going for that other look with a colored leather mat border to match colored stitching. The black leather border is subtle but gives the interior a very cool higher end look that makes it just a little bit different from the standard mats. Gotta keep this one.

Same w/ the leather steering column. Really like how the stitching looks there, gives it just that added bit of finished bee-spoke look that I think also looks really good with the stitching from the A-pillar and switch panel end trim. Except for us car nuts no one would notice but I like it.

Agree - The leather around the instrument surround I could probably leave off but for only $260 it's kind of a neat touch too. I agree about the mirror and will probably delete that option. Agree will probably delete the CD changer too. Thanks so much for yout input!

i dont think youll regret bagging the 6disc cd changer...ive never used mine or even had the desire as the single disc in the dash works fine...plus all the other options that are available for music today....i think the carbon switch panel is a good choice as it gets rid of a lot of the cheap looking aluminium/plastic

I think that he made a good choice getting rid of the CD changer option. I really do wish that I didn't get it because it has been made useless by the addition of the Dension iPod unit. Now I have this big piece of equipment taking up much of the front trunk area.

Have you also considered getting the dome light in leather? I'm currently trying to get this particular piece ordered from the dealership. After seeing it in several cars, I'm convinced that with the addition of the leather sun visors it'd really complete the look to have leather dome lights up there. What about leather seatbacks? Or even painted?

Everything else looks great! You're going to have one AWESOME looking car!

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    I think that he made a good choice getting rid of the CD changer option. I really do wish that I didn't get it because it has been made useless by the addition of the Dension iPod unit. Now I have this big piece of equipment taking up much of the front trunk area.

Have you also considered getting the dome light in leather? I'm currently trying to get this particular piece ordered from the dealership. After seeing it in several cars, I'm convinced that with the addition of the leather sun visors it'd really complete the look to have leather dome lights up there. What about leather seatbacks? Or even painted?

Everything else looks great! You're going to have one AWESOME looking car!

I'm glad I left off the CD-Changer sounds like you guys agree.

I was going to get the dome light but is the leather dome light also for a Cabriolet, I didn't think so???? Hmmm but not so sure, I can't remember what my cab's looks like and I don't have the car w/ me today. Help!

RE: The Seat Backs - I don't like anything painted inside the car. Leather seat backs would be cool & I thought about that but I often have both my kids in the rear of my 997 and I think having leather back there would be a mistake.

REALLY APPRECIATE the comments guys, keep em comin...

My dealer just faxed me the entered order says "pro-forma invoice" at the top. $163,950 before tax. Ouch! But PSYCHED !!!!

I forgot that you were getting a cabriolet. It might actually look good to have leather up there if that option is available. You want to try and get an elegant look as much as possible. Leather MIGHT be a bit more durable for the seatback. Easier to clean, etc.

Hear what you're saying but besides the kids in the back I'm a fan of the contrasting materials on the seat & seat back. I like the way the black leather looks on the grey seat back, how it is different, especailly because you really see that contrast in a cab w/ the top down. It also ties in the grey PCM & grey steering wheel bits together. I could get leather seat back & then add leather PCM but there wouldn't be enough contrast in the interior for my tastes. Plus it's going to be a triple black car so I like the way the different color seat backs look, making them another color than black.

I'm going to check on the dome light. Before I add it (if I can) how about the Inner Sills in leather? Looks good but will go nuts w/ scratching it up?????? That piece on my cab has some rubs on it. Worth it or not? I use the car most everyday.

Yet to be confirmed but I asked my salesman to add the leather dome light (he's checking if it's available in the cab) and I ordered the leather sils (so please dont post the leather sils suck okay? lol)

Re: Dealer called yesterday, needs my TT Cab options

Are your committed to black interior? Doesn't Basalt have gold flecks in it? If so, you really need a contrasting interior color like a tan or some other lighter shade.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Are your committed to black interior? Doesn't Basalt have gold flecks in it? If so, you really need a contrasting interior color like a tan or some other lighter shade.

Totally...... It does have some gold flecks. The yellow from the PCCB's will tie it together. I've seen basalt/black cars w/ red calipers and even those cars look fantastic, the basalt/black w/ PCCB's will look even nicer imo . Nothing against guys w/ other colors interiors it's totally a subjective choice but for me there is no other interior choice other than black.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Yet to be confirmed but I asked my salesman to add the leather dome light (he's checking if it's available in the cab) and I ordered the leather sils (so please dont post the leather sils suck okay? lol)

Greg,

I say put as much factory-optioned leather into the interior as humanly possible.

Quote:
    Turbo Al said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Greg,

I say put as much factory-optioned leather into the interior as humanly possible.

Got the leather sills but the leather dome isn't available for the cab.

Last night when I started spec.'ing it out I said to myself, 'spec it exactly the way you'd do it and then take stuff off tomorrow to shave off some $ before I put the order in'. (yes I often have these conversations w/ myself, lol!)

You know like that Like Good vs Evil thing w/ each one sitting on your shoulder whispering in your ear? This am when it came to removing some options the Devil on my shoulder must have taped the Angel's mouth shut because all I could hear was : 'F. it'! 'Just do it, you only live once', 'send the order as is, you pussy'... etc. LoL!

How's the stable doing? Still lovin your turbo S cab? Remember when we were looking at that other black turbo S for you over 2 yrs ago? Well in deciding what color to get this time that car in PA was a big factor in wanting another black/basalt turbo. I don't think I've seen your 993, how bout some pics?

Hello Greg,
    Congratulations on the opportunity to finally spec out the new 997 TT cab! Your choices look great. The saving of a bit of money now, with subsequent regrets of should have got the option in the future wasn't worth it for me.
    Consider the following:
    CGA - headlight cleaner cover - it's nice to have them disappear as opposed to have chrome knobs
    XXZ - footrest in aluminum look - matches the other pedals but is probably cheaper from the dealer instead of factory
    CUJ - fuse box trim leather - the stitchin looks great, you are getting the floor mats leather trimmed ... complete the look !!
    CXD - carbon illuminated door guards - looks great at night!

I didn't go for the carbon rear console as I wanted the back console to blend with the rest of the leather interior. It might also scratch more with the kids in the back.
    Go with the inner sills in leather ... even with size 15 feet, still no scratches in 11 months. It's not hard to lift the feet with ingress and egress.
    Good luck with finalizing your specs, can't wait to see pictures when it arrives.
    Regards,
    Arnie

Great option list!

I echo Eric's opinion re: the leather rear-view mirror, instrument surround, and steering wheel column. I really don't think you would miss these items.

Larry (Over the Hill) has the leather seatback and one thing I noticed about that particular option is that it also includes having the lower section where the seat controls are painted in the aluminum-look paint. It definitely looks very good this way! None of that "grey krylon" look that I really hate. Something to think about..

Hey Greg, I see you decided on Basalt, cool !!! Would be awesome to have 2 Basalt Turbo's with PCCB next to each other. Come to N. CA for a visit and we can take some pics and I will show you some twisty roads. Awesome spec. Your car will be $9K more than mine. Carbon is expensive, ha?

Quote:
    AE said:
    Hello Greg,
    Congratulations on the opportunity to finally spec out the new 997 TT cab! Your choices look great. The saving of a bit of money now, with subsequent regrets of should have got the option in the future wasn't worth it for me.
    Consider the following:
    CGA - headlight cleaner cover - it's nice to have them disappear as opposed to have chrome knobs
    XXZ - footrest in aluminum look - matches the other pedals but is probably cheaper from the dealer instead of factory
    CUJ - fuse box trim leather - the stitchin looks great, you are getting the floor mats leather trimmed ... complete the look !!
    CXD - carbon illuminated door guards - looks great at night!

I didn't go for the carbon rear console as I wanted the back console to blend with the rest of the leather interior. It might also scratch more with the kids in the back.
    Go with the inner sills in leather ... even with size 15 feet, still no scratches in 11 months. It's not hard to lift the feet with ingress and egress.
    Good luck with finalizing your specs, can't wait to see pictures when it arrives.
    Regards,
    Arnie

Thanks Arnie... All really good ones to consider. When my salesman called Monday pm and asked for my options by Tuesday am, had I not been putting the list together in my head for the past 2 yrs I would have been nuts. I thought about every option in the guide when I went through it and the ones you mention I'm still on the fence w/. Anyone have pics of painted headlight cleaner covers? If I had gone w/ painted front skirt & rockers maybe but dun no about this one.

I added the leather inner sills like you suggested. So far I'm keeping the carbon outer door sills not the lighted ones. Do the lighted ones look different at all during the day from the non-lighted ones? I thought there was something about the lighted ones I didn't like but can't remember what it was. Anyone have pictures of either?????????????

I'm definitely going w/ the center in carbon. The way the Carbon Fiber consule looks w/ the turbo model logo storage compartment is probably my favorite area of the interior. The high-tech look of the CF w/ the stitch of the storage compartment & logo is the cats meow imo. Plus imo if you do the Carbon Vents, Carbon door handles and Carbon switch panel you really need the Carbon center consule to make the interior look uniform....Do you have some pics of your car you can post? Also showing the leather sills? Thanks again for your advice!

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Larry (Over the Hill) has the leather seatback and one thing I noticed about that particular option is that it also includes having the lower section where the seat controls are painted in the aluminum-look paint. It definitely looks very good this way! None of that "grey krylon" look that I really hate. Something to think about..

But if you do that you still have the grey on the steering wheel & PCM.

I thought about adding the leather seat backs but besides the fact I think it's not such a good idea w/ my kids in the back I mostly decided against it because it would just make the interior & car too black. If I added the seat backs I'd also want to add the PCM so that the grey on the PCM doesn't stick out but that would take away from the contrast in the interior imo. Everything would be black. Most people like yourself dont like the grey but I like the way it looks, imo it gives a very needed contrast in color and materials especially on the seat. Plus adding the leather seat backs would add aluminum-look paint to the interior which would come out of no where....... The way my black interior Cab looks now w/ the adaptive sport seats is exactly how I want my turbo cab to look. Just like the way the two colors of the seat & seat back together w/ the different materials look and feel together. The leather seat backs look cool too but removes the look I prefer especially w/ a cab where the interior/seats are so noticeable. The leather seat backs are nice maybe w/ another color combo but it's a triple black car. Just my taste/2 bits.

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    Hey Greg, I see you decided on Basalt, cool !!! Would be awesome to have 2 Basalt Turbo's with PCCB next to each other. Come to N. CA for a visit and we can take some pics and I will show you some twisty roads. Awesome spec. Your car will be $9K more than mine. Carbon is expensive, ha?

It is expensive but compared to a F430 not so bad. Same w/ the Carbon Ceramics. IMO you either get all the Carbon (except the steering wheel, the thicker leather one is nicer) or none and add leather as you please. W/ the leather you can add one optional piece or all and it still looks good. W/ the carbon if you just do the vents or just the center consule it doesn't look balanced.

Yup, basalt! You know GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE! It's going to be my 2nd black turbo. Looking over more pics last night of Basalt and really feel like I made the right choice for me. It's really a bad-ass color.

ps: My salesman offered me their launch car and said I could be driving it in a few weeks. I didn't ask for more specifics cause I'm not interested in a pre-spec'd car but guess that means we could start seeing them show up soon...... Man this car is going to be a lot of fun !

any pics of Basalt w/ PCCB's????

At this point I would not worry about the costs of the options. Order the car the way you want it. The one think you don't want to do after taking delivery is say "I should have ordered...."

Good point about having too much of one color and needing some contrast to even things out. I like the way you think. I would LOVE all the aluminum-look but it hardly is practical to have.

When I visted Techart last year they had a nice C2S cabrio with the entire seatback painted in aluminum. VERY nice looking!

Here's what I have of the Basalt black 997TT that I drove in Germany a year ago too. I'll try to find more. Send me your email address via PM and I'll email you what I have. I took a bunch of pictures.

Under the off-sun there's a slight hint of blue

What it looks like in the rain

Quote:
    nberry said:
    At this point I would not worry about the costs of the options. Order the car the way you want it. The one think you don't want to do after taking delivery is say "I should have ordered...."

Do you mean me or someone else?
    I went all out, there isn't an option I really want that I didn't order. Learned that lesson a long time ago.

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Good point about having too much of one color and needing some contrast to even things out. I like the way you think. I would LOVE all the aluminum-look but it hardly is practical to have.

When I visted Techart last year they had a nice C2S cabrio with the entire seatback painted in aluminum. VERY nice looking!
    Here's what I have of the Basalt black 997TT that I drove in Germany a year ago too. I'll try to find more. Send me your email address via PM and I'll email you what I have. I took a bunch of pictures.

Thanks that was nice to say. I like the way that looks too but I like the way carbon fiber in the interior looks better & didn't want to start mixing the carbon w/ alumimum. IMO the carbon is the nicest when mixed with optional leather........How sweet would it be if they offered the seat backs in carbon fiber? It's one of the hottest parts in the interior of my 430, the carbon fiber seat backs on the racing seats.

Love those pics. Thanks a bunch!

Basalt reminds me of the military stealth color. Very dark like black but not as shiny but not flat like flat black without any shine. Just looks very serious imho....This pic is awesome, looks like it's about to attack!

Ahhh Nick, I think I know what you're referring to now. When I said I am on the fence on those other options (headlight cleaner painted etc.) it wasn't because I didn't want to spend a little more money to get exactly what I wanted, I was deciding because I'm not sure if I like those options or not. When the turbo cab order guide comes out shortly maybe there will be some additional options for now I THINK I have the ones I want.

Forget the mirror in leather. If something goes wrong with it they take forever to replace. Ditto on the instrument surround,--won't notice it, esp with black. Think again about the seat backs. That's a lot of GREY all of a sudden.

Dan

Don't worry about the crappy volcano gray on the steering wheel - we can make that disappear. Been doing a lot of GT3's like that for the past few months. Same for the front center pcm faceplates.

Yep.

I thought chrome pipe was STD option? Do you still need to spec it?

Chrome pipes are still standard.

Quote:
    Dan L said:
    Forget the mirror in leather. If something goes wrong with it they take forever to replace. Ditto on the instrument surround,--won't notice it, esp with black. Think again about the seat backs. That's a lot of GREY all of a sudden.

Dan

Thanks For your opinion Dan but I like the way the Leather mirror looks in a cab, especially since I'm getting the leather sunvisors again and adding A-pillar in leather. You're probably right about the leather instrument surround, you're not really going to notice it but I like it.

Yeah, I have thought about it (leather seat backs) & I really like how the adaptive sport seats look in my S Cab, have to say it's the nicest part of the interior imo. I dont mind how the leather seat backs look at all, it's a nice look but & can understand why you went that way, I just like the way the whole interior looks more without them. To my eyes the Adaptive Sport Seats look cooler, more high tech w/ the contrasting colors/materials. And when you do them in leather they look similiar to the standard seats. I think the designers did a really good job when they designed the Adaptive Sport Seats just the way they are.....I wasn't going to try & explain the why of why I like the seats stock but might as well...I'm a big fan of black & silver, black & carbon fiber just that high-tech look, everything from the flat panel monitors in my office to my keyboard has a similair look to it. Like below is the keyboard I have at home and work. Just like stuff that looks similair.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/16/24 3:13 PM
    watt
    755751 1797
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431782 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258908 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    256006 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79996 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5266 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

869052 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    803197 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM