Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Video:Some high speed runs of my Gallardo (320kmh)

I tried to record some videos on autobahn runs. I am gonna improve it.

First video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfLZ8CEYBAQ

I think i shift earlier in somewhere(i think twice) because the car was at 6th gear while going at 250kmh.
    Btw the photo at the end of the video is taken from me

Second video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMDBC6Hp3CI

Re: Video:Some high speed runs of my Gallardo (320kmh)

I would not exactly be doing what you did in the second video, but it looks like great fun driving at that speed!

I seriously hope you'll stay away from the Danish freeways, cuz you're gonna end up killing someone. Overtaking on the inside and in the emergency lane, especially at that speed, thats just insane. Speed can be fun, but you should consider spending more time on a closed track and less time putting your own and other's lives at risk on the public roads.

Driving like that, well one wrong move by anyone and you are history. Dr. Phil, thank you for speaking up for sanity.

Great video...on how NOT to drive! Sorry, but that's just plain dangerous driving.

Re: Video:Some high speed runs of my Gallardo (320

Eegaads. The second video shows of some very unwise driving. Thumbs down, way down. When this type of driving goes awry sadly, innocent people are hurt in addition to the deserving driver.

Thanks all DADs!!

.. I ve not do these type of emergency lane drives. That was just different situation that Range Rover hasnt moved to right line (while i am signalling him the far-lights from very far behind) i had to entered the right line so it was risk to enter the left lane again at that speed , thats why i had to entered the emergancy lane!!

For the track issue as Phil mentioned there are not many tracks here. Biggest one is Istanbul Park and that was not rented everytime just for some special events. Other tracks doesnt worth to rent...

I like!

You're insane. You could have kille someone.

I invite you to check the second video and play it from 1 min to 1 min 11s.

Focuse on the right, on the emergency lane. I think there's someone on foot there. He's walking on the side of the emergency lane.

Tell me something: what would have happened if you had use the emergency lane right at that monment as you had done a few seconds before?

Even if it's not a pedestrain (wich I'm pretty sure it is) you just can't predict such things. A car can be parked on the emergency lane with a father changing his tire, there could be someone on foot waking down the highway to the next exist (wich is stupid but happens a lot) ...

It's irresponsible. Sory but I had to say it. It makes me thing of those gumballs idiots.

Watch out when you go on the emergency lane, at 00:53 you can see a truck standing there. If you took that road to avoid someone, you would have been [beep]!

No margin for error in the second video at all.
    This exactly why one should never pass on the right! I wish Americans would catch on as they are the worst at driving in whatever lane pleases them.

Back to the video of this reckless person. It starts with a careless pass in the right lane, suddenly there is a slow car in that same right lane - pas subsequent pass, again to the right (out of no-where) on the emergency shoulder was unavoidable because I do not think he could have turned into the left lane quickly enough. At that point the car was taking him for a ride. It really was an emergency lane at that point - the problem is that he still does not get it! He was lucky he did not kill himself + many others. On the real autobahn the drive of the slower car would instantly move to the right- as far as possible and quickly - if someone was approaching quickly from behind. He would have been screwed!

Nasty driving, that passing on the right. Not certain if I would recommend track time either, may just breed more false confidence. Maybe jail time.

Here are my comments:
    1. If you are going to drive fast that's fine with me as long:
    - you check your car first (oil, tires, pressure, brakes, etc);
    - you do it on a road you know very, very, very well (a no speed limit would be better, more than two lanes so you have more options -> even better);
    - you do it only when you have clear high visibility and good wether conditions;
    - you do it only for your fun not racing other drivers on public roads;
    - prefferably you do it alone (two reasons: don't risk the passanger life and don't risk a passanger annoying or dangerous reaction like grabbing your hand or something);
    - you keep your eyes only on the road looking ahead, thinking ahead and your hands all time on the wheel (except of course while you change gear);
    - no music at all in the car so you can hear what is going on (and no open sun roof, windows, etc.);
    - you keep as much as possible your left leg slightly above the break pedal, ready for breaking (I assume you know how to brake with left leg);
    - all lights including fog lights are switched on and you must signal while changing lanes at such speeds;
    - you don't brag about it (which you did by making this video).

So I am with you on this one if you stick with the above. I do it too. I am pretty sure I forgot something too.

2. 2nd movie, first pass on the right: you see the car at 0:38s, the car looks like is traveling on two lanes or the driver is undecided 0:41s, you clearly think ahead and make what you think in that split second is the best decision. Giving what you do I think your decision was the right one.

3. 2nd movie, 0:55s, the range rover. Again you think ahead, I'm with you on the Range Rover issue but the next car you pass on the right. Wrong move, bad call, I assume because of the color that car has you didn't payed enough attention or you don't trust&know your car too much. Next time please go left if it's dry and you can do it without a sudden hand move on the wheel.

Take care, I wish you well, stop bragging about it.

One more thing.
    I believe that are many different types of dads
    If you see your kid having the urge to do something stupid, at least train him as much as possible.
    I don't believe giving him a speech will stop him doing it.
    Show him different points of view so maybe you get lucky and you trigger in his mind something that will make him change his mind.

I still wonder if, when the time will come, I would have the guts to take my kid in to a cheap car and smash it in a wall with him as a passanger at 30 mph (seat belts on and airbags on), before he will get a driving license and right after he is starting to get interested in cars. Only time will tell.
    One thing is for sure, I will never forget my first slow crash (about 20 mph).

You really think that crashing into a wall at 30mph is a good idea? That it would teach your son a lesson? Well it would teach him that his dad is a psycho! Even a relatively low speed crash can produce injuries and death.

30 mph with seat belts and airbags is fine.
    You should try it too.
    The only problem it's not for him to think that's kind of cool

To each it's own.
    Hey, it's just an idea. As I said, it may be interesting to see the resuults.

the Psycho uuuuuuuuuuuu

GET REAL!

Clearly not a German driving on the autobahn and recklessly passing on the right and worse on the outer edge.

No wonder the stats of these cars tell about wrecks in the first few weeks of ownership and widow making. In this case it could also be widows of the drivers of the other cars cut-off on the right...

And incidentally... this fellow claims 320km/h (200mph). It does not look that high. There's a lot of bravado here and pure stupidity. But then again, this is the guy who's proud of driving in his country without proper auto insurance...

guys give caghan a break! i am sure most of us have made runs like this ,( i personally did anyway). no need to make hard comments.
    but your last pass was risky

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    guys give caghan a break! i am sure most of us have made runs like this ,( i personally did anyway). no need to make hard comments.

Driving like this KILLS other people. It's a simple as that.
    If we are not supposed to warn/educate/correct fellow Rennteamers who drive recklessly, who is?
    I'd rather come down hard on a friend or Rennteamer, than hear about him killing himself or others.
    Hopefully Caghan will listen to people on this board and at least stop endangering innocent people - and perhaps even consider making his hispeed runs more safe for his own sake.

And regarding your comment, that you're "sure most of us have made runs like this" - I can safely say that I NEVER overtake on the inside at high speed.
    Having said that, I have also been endagering myself and others at a few incidents when I was younger, and good friends and others I respected have come down hard on me for it.
    I thank them for giving me a dose of common sense - in all fairness it may actually have saved me from accidents or worse.

Quote:
    Pentium said:
    30 mph with seat belts and airbags is fine.
    You should try it too.
    The only problem it's not for him to think that's kind of cool

To each it's own.
    Hey, it's just an idea. As I said, it may be interesting to see the resuults.

the Psycho uuuuuuuuuuuu

GET REAL!

Ya thanks for the advice I'll be sure to take you up on that!

Quote:
    ADias said:
    Clearly not a German driving on the autobahn and recklessly passing on the right and worse on the outer edge.

No wonder the stats of these cars tell about wrecks in the first few weeks of ownership and widow making. In this case it could also be widows of the drivers of the other cars cut-off on the right...

And incidentally... this fellow claims 320km/h (200mph). It does not look that high. There's a lot of bravado here and pure stupidity. But then again, this is the guy who's proud of driving in his country without proper auto insurance...

1-) That is what speedo reads. If you dont believe check the photo at the end of the first video. Of course there is a speedo error.

2-)As i said i had to do that right lane move because of the no time or decision to move left lane again after passing that RR. I know that was risky but that was a 1 second decision. Talking from the screen is easy.

3-)I am not proud of something about insurance issue, i just told that the procedure of the insuarence in my country and the prices is huge and which can buy a good car in your country.(insurance price=a good car price) That was a compalining. Stop making bashing on me

Quote:
    dhayek said:

Thanks Dimi

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    763460 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435929 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260798 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257765 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    81599 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5324 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872803 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808282 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM