Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: LP640 Roadster, Coupé, Porsche 997 turbo cab o

rami> ok, the LP640 is really amazing in coupé ... but your G spider is really beautiful !
    did you even try the superleggera ?

Thx commendatore. I didn't try the SL because that car is not really an option. I won't swap my 997 turbo for that one.

Re: LP640 Roadster, Coupé, Porsche 997 turbo cab or Ru

Quote:
    Rami said:
    - I approx. know how the upcoming Ruf 997 turbo R will perform ... this car will be crazy when it comes down to

acceleration and torque (think Rt12 or better). I'm 1st on the list for this upgrade.

One little hint should you focus on the Ruf option: I would make more sense to sell your 997TT and order a new Rt12. I will be a long time (>18-24 months) until a 997TT conversion by Ruf will be available with a power similar to the Rt12 engine.

rami the boot of the lp 640 is bigger than the 997 turbo.. no?
    i am going to stutgart with a friend next tuesday to take delivery of his ballon white lp 640 coupe, we will drive it to zurich and geneva. i will write a short review with my impressions

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Rami said:
    - I approx. know how the upcoming Ruf 997 turbo R will perform ... this car will be crazy when it comes down to

acceleration and torque (think Rt12 or better). I'm 1st on the list for this upgrade.

One little hint should you focus on the Ruf option: I would make more sense to sell your 997TT and order a new Rt12. I will be a long time (>18-24 months) until a 997TT conversion by Ruf will be available with a power similar to the Rt12 engine.

I'm afraid you're quite a bit wrong there MKSGR. But as I said before I can't go deeper into this issue at this point

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    rami the boot of the lp 640 is bigger than the 997 turbo.. no?
    i am going to stutgart with a friend next tuesday to take delivery of his ballon white lp 640 coupe, we will drive it to zurich and geneva. i will write a short review with my impressions

The boot is indeed a bit bigger as the 997's but you still have room to install a childseat at the back, and that might become problematic with the Murci
    It's still an option tho ... not sure yet ... can't wait to read your review!

Quote:
    Rami said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Rami said:

I'm afraid you're quite a bit wrong there MKSGR. But as I said before I can't go deeper into this issue at this point

Rami,

If this true, this would be one of the few competitive options to a stock/slightly tuned 997GT2.

And we have a RUF Auto Centre here in the USA (Texas) to make that option feasible for Americans.

Quote:
    Rami said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Thanks for the video! I never realised the LP640 was so loud on the outside

LOL ... I have the exact same experience with my Spyder Mike ... I know it's loud but when you hear it on video ...
    Your LP640 still going strong btw? How many miles/km do you have already?

But 06+ Gallardo's are insanely loud.... I drove a G-spider again yesterday for the fun of it while stopping to look at the G-Superleggera. I must say the car is on my "to-get" list possibly next year. The sound is just breathtaking!

The LP640 is going great! Got around 1900km's on the odo already

Rami, keep the Gallardo Spyder! It's gorgeous! Thr Ruf option on the 997TT isn't a bad one.

Quote:
    Rami said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Rami said:

Could you please send me a PN then? I was given the above information by Ruf directly (as I consider finalizing an order for the Rt12). Obviously, the question of whether a similar strong VTG based engine for the 997TT will be available any time soon was discussed and is an important factor in deciding on the Rt12... BTW: My above information is just 2 weeks old...

Quote:
    Turbo Al said:
    Quote:
    Rami said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Rami said:

Rami,

If this true, this would be one of the few competitive options to a stock/slightly tuned 997GT2.

And we have a RUF Auto Centre here in the USA (Texas) to make that option feasible for Americans.

Another aspect (apart from the question of whether a 700hp engine upgrade would be available in the next 18-24 months): a modified 997TT would still suffer from the underperforming PTM. Also, PASM is a further disadvantage.

Thus, (if he should go for the Ruf option) selling the 997TT and buying a new Rt12 (with 996TT AWD concept and without PASM) would still be the better choice The only benefit from using the 997/TT platform could be the progressive steering system - which, I think, the Rt12 does not have.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    But 06+ Gallardo's are insanely loud.... I drove a G-spider again yesterday for the fun of it while stopping to look at the G-Superleggera. I must say the car is on my "to-get" list possibly next year. The sound is just breathtaking!

... and then you do the cat delete and install bypass pipes ... the results are phenomenal

Glad to hear the LP640 is doing great Mike I think whatever my decision will be an LP640 will be involved in it, be in Coupé or Roadster version.

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Rami said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Rami said:

Could you please send me a PN then? I was given the above information by Ruf directly (as I consider finalizing an order for the Rt12). Obviously, the question of whether a similar strong VTG based engine for the 997TT will be available any time soon was discussed and is an important factor in deciding on the Rt12... BTW: My above information is just 2 weeks old...

PM sent MKSGR!

For me the Rt12 is not an option ... I don't like the design of the front and rear bumper ... I absolutely love their rear hood and wing tho. All very personal of course but when I pay that much money I need to love it all the way, exterior included.

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Turbo Al said:
    Quote:
    Rami said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Rami said:

Rami,

Another aspect (apart from the question of whether a 700hp engine upgrade would be available in the next 18-24 months): a modified 997TT would still suffer from the underperforming PTM. Also, PASM is a further disadvantage.

Thus, (if he should go for the Ruf option) selling the 997TT and buying a new Rt12 (with 996TT AWD concept and without PASM) would still be the better choice The only benefit from using the 997/TT platform could be the progressive steering system - which, I think, the Rt12 does not have.

Good points, Markus,

PTM would still get in the way, although PASM could be turned off and Motons or another good sport suspension could substitute. And the 997GT2 probably will be tunable to 600+HP safely.

I still am impressed with that 0-160kph time of 7.4 in the "leaked" GT2 brochure. Since the 0-100kph times of the 997GT2 and 997TT (3.6-3.7) are similar, but the GT2 gets to 160kph nearly a second before the TT, that's smoking. What do you think it will do the quarter in, the 10's?

Quote:
    Rami said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

... and then you do the cat delete and install bypass pipes ... the results are phenomenal

Glad to hear the LP640 is doing great Mike I think whatever my decision will be an LP640 will be involved in it, be in Coupé or Roadster version.

What ever your decision, I'm sure it will be a step up! Good luck to you man

Quote:
    Rami said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Rami said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Rami said:

PM sent MKSGR!

For me the Rt12 is not an option ... I don't like the design of the front and rear bumper ... I absolutely love their rear hood and wing tho. All very personal of course but when I pay that much money I need to love it all the way, exterior included.

Thanks for your PN - sent back my reply already

P.S.: I see - you don't like the Rt12 design too much... Maybe they can install the new GT2 front as soon as available

I voted for the 2nd option because the turbo isn't my thing.

Just get 2 lambo's, perfect combo. But it would be a shame, if you would get rid of the turbo that fast, and you've done so many mods already.

Hello Rami,
    I voted other then most:
    I'd prefer the 997 Cab tt and th LP 640 coupe
    tt cab: is a better allday cab than a lambo
    LP640 coupe: the spider is more exotic (when possible..) but the power in the coupe will be more useable i presume.
    So you get the fastest coupe and the better cab at the same time.

Off topic:
    I followed a ferrari 430cab on the E40 with my 997S cab, both open:
    My wife sitting besides me, the f-driver had also a girl at his side.
    We drove upto high figgers... i thinck the f-driver hasn't left a lot of hair on hid head... ours almost didn't move..;
    The p-cab is just fantastic, we drove 35k in it and i presume more then 50% of it open. Knowing the belgian weather that speaks a lot for the cab, doesn't it?

BTW when you have shortness of drivers to get the stable excercising, give a buzz...

Quote:
    beltar said:
    Off topic:
    We drove upto high figgers... i thinck the f-driver hasn't left a lot of hair on hid head... ours almost didn't move..

Very strange. Normally the interior of the modern Ferrari Spiders (360/430) with top down stays relatively calm, even at high speeds.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    beltar said:
    Off topic:
    We drove upto high figgers... i thinck the f-driver hasn't left a lot of hair on hid head... ours almost didn't move..

Very strange. Normally the interior of the modern Ferrari Spiders (360/430) with top down stays relatively calm, even at high speeds.

After doing a 250km test drive with an LP640 coupé my mind is set.

Quote:
    Rami said:

Congrats! Another happy owner on the board

Quote:
    Rami said:

Excellent choice...When you need an appropriate haircut...
    jump the car...i'll fix it with 640lp-gel

Roadster or coupé?

Quote:
    Rami said:

The impressions of a test drive are the appropriate basis for a final decsision

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Congrats! Another happy owner on the board

Thanks Mike And now finalizing the options, colors etc starts. And then the LONG wait

Quote:
    beltar said:
    Quote:
    Rami said:

Excellent choice...When you need an appropriate haircut...
    jump the car...i'll fix it with 640lp-gel

I'm going for the Roadster Timo, so I might be in need of that lp640-gel next summer Beltar

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Rami said:

The impressions of a test drive are the appropriate basis for a final decsision

Absolutely Markus! I must say that the first 50km didn't really do it for me tho. But once I got used to the size of the car (width) things slowly started falling into place. At the end of the day I had to make sure I was able to get back to the dealer and not overstep the 250km limit

PS: About those PM's we sent ... more info should be available really soon (next week hopefully)!

Congratulations mate!!!

What colour or you thinking of?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803301 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448598 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266158 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90084 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6639 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885769 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833377 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM