Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: My NEXT Ferrari

Nick,
    Only way to achive at least 550hp with V8 is to use DI BI-Turbo technology. Otherwise NO way IMHO.
    If Ferrari decide to use NA engine that we could even see V10 configuration...
    Specially, since Gallardo and forthcoming R10 use(or will use) V10 NA engines...

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Nick,
    Only way to achive at least 550hp with V8 is to use DI BI-Turbo technology. Otherwise NO way IMHO.
    Specially, since Gallardo and forthcoming R10 use(or will use) V10 NA engines...

Kreso, I agree with you post. FWIW, Ferrari has indicated in recent interviews that NA engines are the future given environmental issues.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Nick,

Or they might just bore it out to 4,8 litres, with which it would have the same volume per cylinder as the GT3 (so still rev-happy) and put out 550 bhp with the same bhp per litre. Not bad, if you ask me.

imho they will stay with a v8 and 30hp more. remember the difference between the 348, 355 , 360 they have 20hp difference with each others, the big jump was on the 430. they cant jump with 100hp every 4 to 5 years

They better if they want to stay competetive! A 580hp V10 mid engine Ferrari would be killer!

F142 will be on a new platform, not the old 360/F430 chassis so horsepower jump can be expected.

Timr, thanks for the info. With the facelifted Gallardo having 550 HP, Ferrari can not offer anything with less horsepower but with higher price so 585 HP from a 5.0L V10 is not just an option for them, it's a necessity. Do you have more info about the bodystyle/design?

Ferrari can easily deliver a F430 replacement with less power than the next Gallardo, after all when the F430 was released it had less power than the Gallardo. I tend to believe that we'll see a minor power bump (definitely not ~100HP) but a more dramatic change to the rest of the car.

Quote:
    Raz (NC) said:
    Ferrari can easily deliver a F430 replacement with less power than the next Gallardo, after all when the F430 was released it had less power than the Gallardo. I tend to believe that we'll see a minor power bump (definitely not ~100HP) but a more dramatic change to the rest of the car.

Agreed....suspect <10 guys/yr globally in major regions w/equally competent F/L dealers would opt for L over F, no matter hp, NBR times, car mag reviews....

Many seem to forget that much of what makes the 4000lb 599 so interesting/fun to drive in twisties/urban fwys is not the 600+hp....rather, it's the excellent mid-range tq; fast/smooth F1 tranny; superb CCM pedal feel; and excellent trac, while providing hill/urban-compatible ground clearance, more supple ride than 997TT (or G) and commute-compatible amenities (Bluetooth/iPod/fuel tank cap, etc)....

Always amazed how L (despite not adapting their cars for daily use in hilly/urban regions) still struggles to develop F/P-like steering precision; F/P-like CCM/PCCB pedal feel/fade resistance; still has primitive/inept egear (even ?3yrs post-US G launch); and has weak mid-range tq.....L R&D seems about as inefficient/lethargic as P R&D....the cross-ownership makes more and more sense now.....if BMW were involved in this cross-ownership scheme, we'd have a trifecta of 3 alleged sporty car mfrs, most of which struggle to develop competent brakes/paddleshifter trannies/linear, robust mid-range tq....

And, in US, L is much more expensive to own vs F (even if one needs to buy new F@mkt), given L's poor trade-in values; lease terms; and 2yr warranty.....

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Sorry, but I think that is BS.

Neither would a "close to 600hp" figure be compatible with Ferrari's model range (599, Enzo etc.) nor would it make sense in the relevant competitive environment. The F430 successor will have substantially less than 600hp. Just my humble opinion.

Absolutely agree here.

Quote:
    timr said:
    Actually it's going to be a 5.0L V10 producing 585hp. You are right that it will be more hardcore than the 430. The F500 is designed for road and track use equally and will come in at about EUR 185 plus local taxes. Testing (mules) will start in the Autumn when the factory re-opens

Where have you got this precise information from?

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Nick,

Or they might just bore it out to 4,8 litres, with which it would have the same volume per cylinder as the GT3 (so still rev-happy) and put out 550 bhp with the same bhp per litre. Not bad, if you ask me.

Correct. Make it lighter, make it smaller (unfortunately the last will probably not happen ) and 4.8/550 will be everything you need.

Quote:
    shin said:
    F142 will be on a new platform, not the old 360/F430 chassis so horsepower jump can be expected.

Timr, thanks for the info. With the facelifted Gallardo having 550 HP, Ferrari can not offer anything with less horsepower but with higher price so 585 HP from a 5.0L V10 is not just an option for them, it's a necessity. Do you have more info about the bodystyle/design?

Actually the opposite is the truth: every time they've changed the platform, the engine stayed more or less the same, so no enourmous power increase. Power hike came always with the facelifted model.

Alright, there is no need to always do so, but until now this was their model philosophy.

Quote:
    Raz (NC) said:

In fact a Ferrari always had a little less horsepower than its direct Lamborhini rival.

next year you will see.....

Quote:
    andrea said:

The new V10 engine from Ferrari

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Nick,

Correct. Make it lighter, make it smaller (unfortunately the last will probably not happen ) and 4.8/550 will be everything you need.

Nooo! Don't make it smaller! How will the fat rappers fit inside then?

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Nick,

C'mon, a little bit smaller would be nice. A size of the Gallardo or the F355 (if you want a F-car as example) would be perfect.

Quote:
    andrea said:

I hope so. I'm first in line at my dealer.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Nick,

C'mon, a little bit smaller would be nice. A size of the Gallardo or the F355 (if you want a F-car as example) would be perfect.

I agree. As long as it isn't as heavy as the Gallardo .

Quote:
    Raz (NC) said:

Hey Raz, how are liking your 430 Spider especially compared to the Gallardo Spyder?

The F430 is *nuts*, it scared me when I first got it so I had it on the skidpad to get used to its limits and handling characteristics. When I want to go out for a real drive, I take it, but if I'm looking for a slightly more relaxed experience I bring out the G.

The Gallardo attracts far more attention than the F430, and interestingly enough, it seems to attract more of a younger crowd. The Gallardo is much easier to drive, but the F430 feels a lot faster and is a lot more engaging to drive. The two cars are quite complementary, but I think if I can I'll replace the F430 with a F430 CS before the real F430 replacement arrives.

Overall I'm amazed at what Ferrari has been able to do with the F430, and I can't wait to see what its replacement is like. My initial thoughts continue to ring true, it feels like a big go-kart

One of these days I'll get around to posting a detailed comparison between the two.

Quote:
    Raz (NC) said:
    The F430 is *nuts*, it scared me when I first got it so I had it on the skidpad to get used to its limits and handling characteristics. When I want to go out for a real drive, I take it, but if I'm looking for a slightly more relaxed experience I bring out the G.

The Gallardo attracts far more attention than the F430, and interestingly enough, it seems to attract more of a younger crowd. The Gallardo is much easier to drive, but the F430 feels a lot faster and is a lot more engaging to drive. The two cars are quite complementary, but I think if I can I'll replace the F430 with a F430 CS before the real F430 replacement arrives.

Overall I'm amazed at what Ferrari has been able to do with the F430, and I can't wait to see what its replacement is like. My initial thoughts continue to ring true, it feels like a big go-kart

One of these days I'll get around to posting a detailed comparison between the two.

Interesting! I am really impressed with you taking the car out to the skidpad to experience and learn its limitations. You truly are a car enthusiast.

My drive in the the Gallardo mirrors what your finding are. I beleive it all has to with the AWD. No doubt it is a great looking car but you have to watch out for all those young nubile women.

Quote:
    Raz (NC) said:

Interesting! I am really impressed with you taking the car out to the skidpad to experience and learn its limitations. You truly are a car enthusiast.

My drive in the the Gallardo mirrors what your finding are. I beleive it all has to with the AWD. No doubt it is a great looking car but you have to watch out for all those young nubile women.

BTW everytime I drove the CGT I had the same feeling about being somewhat scared. Probably a session on a skidpad will have help me read the car better.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Raz (NC) said:

BTW everytime I drove the CGT I had the same feeling about being somewhat scared. Probably a session on a skidpad will have help me read the car better.

Thanks for the complement It really helped me not be afraid of the F430, I didn't understand its limits on the road and wouldn't be able to without the aid of the skidpad. I'm now finding that I'm bumping into other limits at higher speeds, but I believe I'll need to clock some road course time in the car to overcome those fears.

I think the same is definitely true for the CGT, it is a scary car but it's nothing some road course/skidpad time won't cure.

Quote:
    shin said:
    Quote:
    andrea said:

The new V10 engine from Ferrari

yes.will be a true beast! gallardo??? bye bye....

The front end is a big improvement of the hideous F360/F430 bumper. Let's hope the spider doesn't have the current cheap roll hoops and after-market-looking humps, which are improper for a $200k convertible. What I also liked about the R&T article is they admit the F360 and F430 essentially look the same and noone except a Ferrari enthusiast can tell the difference.

David

Quote:
    DavidSF said:
    The front end is a big improvement of the hideous F360/F430 bumper. Let's hope the spider doesn't have the current cheap roll hoops and after-market-looking humps, which are improper for a $200k convertible. What I also liked about the R&T article is they admit the F360 and F430 essentially look the same and noone except a Ferrari enthusiast can tell the difference.

David

I think David may have rolled a convertible without roll hoops and took the brunt of the impact on his noggin, he sees things in magazine articles that aren't actually there & he keeps repeating himself over & over & over & over again.... LoL!

But who cares about having any type of added roll-over protection when you're lookin so damn bald & SeXy! lol!

Just funnin w/ u daveyyy.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    I think David may have rolled a convertible without roll hoops and took the brunt of the impact on his noggin, he sees things in magazine articles that aren't actually there & he keeps repeating himself over & over & over & over again.... LoL!

But who cares about having any type of added roll-over protection when you're lookin so damn bald & SeXy! lol!

Aren't YOU repeating yourself? I said I saw the F430 spider being vulgar comment in another magazine besides EVO. One of these days I'll find it.

David

Quote:
    DavidSF said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Aren't YOU repeating yourself? I said I saw the F430 spider being vulgar comment in another magazine besides EVO. One of these days I'll find it.

David

Juss kiddin btw, peace.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    763751 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436128 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260871 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257832 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82575 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5325 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

876198 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808478 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM