Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

The TT CAB call

Just got the call to spec the TT cab . Oct or Nov build. I need to submit the spec by Monday. Need your help on some of the options.I know I have to make the call on the color at the end but at least you see what I am considering. Should be a bad A$$ car

1) The color. 3 Black, Basalt Black or Atlas Grey? Int and top only black
    2)What is a good carbon package to spec without costing me arm and a leg.
    3)Center console carbon OR leather?
    4)gear lever trim leather or carbon?

Here is what I will order
    -6 SPEED Man
    -PCCB
    -Sport Chrono
    -Diff axle
    -Heathed seat
    -Illuminated sills
    -multi func wheel
    -thicker wheel
    -Fire extingusher
    -Adap seats

later

Re: The TT CAB call

Atlas looks phenominal on a TT.

My 997S is Atlas; I love the depth of the color, but my TT will be one of the blues or white with nat brn leather. Atlas is really, really beautiful in the sun, but loses is charm in the evening light - might as well be black at night.

Quote:
    C4S Surgeon said:
    Atlas looks phenominal on a TT.

I agree. Atlas TT cab would be something, ha? The color of the wheels are also perfect match for Atlas as well. Through in some carbon in there and this baby will be rocking.

Quote:
    dkreidel said:
    My 997S is Atlas; I love the depth of the color, but my TT will be one of the blues or white with nat brn leather. Atlas is really, really beautiful in the sun, but loses is charm in the evening light - might as well be black at night.

Sold my white 997TT couple months ago and it is missed on a daily basis. I got a lot of compliments but I was never in love with the color. Hard to explain it but it just didn't do it for me. You know when you go in the middle of the night in the garage and look at the car and tell yourself, what's missing? Hope I am not offending white TT owners. I deserve what ever you through at me and I will shut up now.

Curious.....the allocations to dealers just went out last week, and there are no order guides yet. Is this going to be a launch car you are spec'ing out? Those will be here in late August. Also no pricing yet. Or have you seen the order guide?

Sounds good either way, Atlas would be a stunner.

Hey Eric, My salesperson is as useless as it get's. He didn't any pricing neither did he have a order guide. He said they will use the coup order guide. He said Oct or Nov build which sounds like it will not be the launch car. I am also not sure how he will place the order w/o any pricing. I will know more next Tuesday. My order is due in Monday but it won't go into system until Tuesday. I will let you know next week.

i think the turbo looks perfect in basalt black or guards red. If you want it a bit flashy, get the GR. or else go with the BB. But a turbo car is flashy already, why not get GR. I would but that's only my preferences. I still love the black very much.

Anyways, how come you don't like the color white on your turbo? I never seen a white turbo but I had seen white 997S with aero kit. Looks pretty amazing to me!! :P

Quote:
    Bon said:
    Anyways, how come you don't like the color white on your turbo? I never seen a white turbo but I had seen white 997S with aero kit. Looks pretty amazing to me!! :P

WHITE, Super Darius:

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    Sold my white 997TT couple months ago and it is missed on a daily basis. ...snip...snip... and I will shut up now. .....

Someone actually thinks the TT is good ??!!

Just kidding. It's good to see an ex-owner have nice things to say about this car. I seemingly have seen many more negative than positive posts about the TT these days: too much oversteer, too much understeer, twitchy at limits, bad awd system, numb steering, etc., etc.

As a prospective TT owner, I have to admit the negative comments make me want to switch to a GT3 sometimes. No need to be quiet, please tell me again you LOVED your TT.

Silverrules.....I would add Porsche emlbem on headrests especially on a cab. Good luck. Sounds good in Black.

Quote:
    cannga said:
    Quote:
    silverrules said:
    Sold my white 997TT couple months ago and it is missed on a daily basis. ...snip...snip... and I will shut up now. .....

Someone actually thinks the TT is good ??!!

Just kidding. It's good to see an ex-owner have nice things to say about this car. I seemingly have seen many more negative than positive posts about the TT these days: too much oversteer, too much understeer, twitchy at limits, bad awd system, numb steering, etc., etc.

As a prospective TT owner, I have to admit the negative comments make me want to switch to a GT3 sometimes. No need to be quiet, please tell me again you LOVED your TT.

You can't go wrong with Porsche. Why would I put down another $170K on the same car? Porsche is built like a tank. I was washing my 997S cab yesterday and I ask myslef the cost of ownership during last 2 years of pure enjoyment and the answer was 2 oil changes (~$400) plus $1,000 on set of front tires. Not bad ha? TT will be the same.
    Don't get me wrong White is a perfect color for TT but I wanted more color. I might buy white again later. This was my 2nd white Porsche and probably not the last white. Super Darius white is one of the nicest TT I have seen.
    Enjoy the ride

Quote:
    Bon said:
    i think the turbo looks perfect in basalt black or guards red. If you want it a bit flashy, get the GR. or else go with the BB. But a turbo car is flashy already, why not get GR. I would but that's only my preferences. I still love the black very much.

My 997S cab is guards red and I want a change. I been driving GR daily and it is one of the best colors out there.I am leaning toward Basalt Black. Headrest emblem sounds good. I had it on my white 997TT.

skip the pccb on a blvd cruiser, this is not a track car. save the money.

Good to see you like the GR on your 997S!!! how does it do with the cops though? does it get too much attention or is it a car to drive on a daily basis w/o catching everybody's attention?

Not too many cops aroud our village. It's too far from their station. One reason I love where I live. I would not change my mind on a color because it might draw cop attention. Just go to traffic school if you ever get a ticket.
    No tickets so far. Guards red is awesome. Only draw back its not metallic and you can see a little swirl marks. Not too bad at all.

Guards red cab

Hello Silverrules,

Everyone's PCCB order for July-built Turbo coupes is being rejected. May I ask if yours was accepted??

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    Just got the call to spec the TT cab . Oct or Nov build. I need to submit the spec by Monday....snip....
    -PCCB

Congrats, what dealer? Did the deed this weekend too at NBP. Same deal happened on my 06 997S cab, no order guide at the time so we went off the coupe guide. No promises for my delivery at this time though.

Quote:
    cannga said:
    Hello Silverrules,

Everyone's PCCB order for July-built Turbo coupes is being rejected. May I ask if yours was accepted??

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    Just got the call to spec the TT cab . Oct or Nov build. I need to submit the spec by Monday....snip....
    -PCCB

I gave them my spec today and they will input it tomorrow lates later this week. I will cancel the order is PCCB is reject. Porsche's loss and money in my bank account. No if's or but's. PCCB or canceled order.

Quote:
    TerryR said:
    Congrats, what dealer? Did the deed this weekend too at NBP. Same deal happened on my 06 997S cab, no order guide at the time so we went off the coupe guide. No promises for my delivery at this time though.

Thanks. congrats to you too Neillo Porsche in sacramento. Don't know if I should be happy or not. PCCB is a must for me. I been promised a slot in either Oct or Nov build. No PCCB no TT cab. I will drop the order w/o a hesitation. Shall see later this week.

Omg, that red... i think the choice is clear now. GR 997 incoming :P

Btw, i actually do think the white TT is not that bad. Why didn't you like it? just a matter of color preferences or is it more of a keeping-it-clean issue?

Here is my GR TT Cab picture for drooling....

Posted this a few weeks back....

Mine in Atlas, I umm'd and ahhh'd, but happy with the choice.

I'd get the black or the basalt.

Agree w/ the other poster about crests on headrest's, looks great in my cab. Would add the leather sunvisors, turbo logo on center armrest(comes w/ cool stitching). If you're not going full carbon I would skip the carbon options & get leather center consule (will look great w/ matching stitching from the turbo logo arm rest). In other words don't get just the center consule in carbon, you need more carbon (ac vents, trim strip) for it to look right but just getting the center consule in leather & not adding a lot more leather looks fine. BUT if you wanted the center consule in carbon & wanted to add just one more C.F. option I would get the carbon fiber vents/ leather slats option w/ that option you also get the dash speaker surround in stitch and the dash defroster vents in carbon fiber. Of course the above looks great when you add shifter/trim switch strip in C.F.......and, C.F. door sills...C.F. belt holes...C.F. door handles...

Reagrding the PCCB's - Same EXACT thing for me too, if I can't have the PCCB's I don't want the car, period.

I vote atlas also. I really like the color. I was never a red or yellow guy. The car already attracts attention.

Hope you get the car spec'd the way you like it.

Re: Here is my GR TT Cab picture for drooling....

Quote:
    Eric (Plug Guy) said:

Posted this a few weeks back....

Eric, Guards red would have been my 1st choice but I have been driving a red for couple years now. I most likely will keep my guarsd red 997S cab. Its hard to depart from this car.

Quote:
    Bon said:
    Omg, that red... i think the choice is clear now. GR 997 incoming :P

Btw, i actually do think the white TT is not that bad. Why didn't you like it? just a matter of color preferences or is it more of a keeping-it-clean issue?

White is VERY nice but I was not in love. These things happen if you know what I mean.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    I'd get the black or the basalt.

Agree w/ the other poster about crests on headrest's, looks great in my cab. Would add the leather sunvisors, turbo logo on center armrest(comes w/ cool stitching). If you're not going full carbon I would skip the carbon options & get leather center consule (will look great w/ matching stitching from the turbo logo arm rest). In other words don't get just the center consule in carbon, you need more carbon (ac vents, trim strip) for it to look right but just getting the center consule in leather & not adding a lot more leather looks fine. BUT if you wanted the center consule in carbon & wanted to add just one more C.F. option I would get the carbon fiber vents/ leather slats option w/ that option you also get the dash speaker surround in stitch and the dash defroster vents in carbon fiber. Of course the above looks great when you add shifter/trim switch strip in C.F.......and, C.F. door sills...C.F. belt holes...C.F. door handles...

Reagrding the PCCB's - Same EXACT thing for me too, if I can't have the PCCB's I don't want the car, period.

Stradale, I ordered the car and its basalt BLK/BLK/BLK with all leather. I agree 100% with you on carbon. Its easither ordering a lot more carbon or else it will look silly. I stcuk with all leather. Here is what I ordered. We shall see if they can get me PPCB. Will drop the order if no PPCB.
    Let me know if I am missing anything. Your advices are always spot on!!!!!

BTW, I just picked up my BMW R1200S motercycle tonight and its all BLK with ohlin yellow shocks. I can't sleep tonight. Need the 997TT cab in in BLK next to my bike soon
    Basalt Black/blk/blk
    -6 SPEED Man
    -450 PCCB
    -640 Sport Chrono
    -XSC PORSCHE CREST IN HEADREST
    -CUV STORAGE COMP LID W/MODEL LOGO
    -342 heated front seats
    -CDZ GEAR LEVER TRIM LEATHER
    -XMZ REAR CENTER CONCSOL leather
    -431 3-SPOKE STR WHEL MULTIFUINCTION LTHR
    -CPA THICKER STR WHEEL
    -220 AXL DIFFERENTIAL LOCK REAR
    -342 Heated seat
    -Illuminated door sills
    -509 Fire extingusher
    -P01 Adap SPRT seats

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    806291 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    449451 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    267023 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90434 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    7177 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

887151 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    835899 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM