Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

FVD Stage 2 kit results

Hello Guys,

I purchased Stage 2 kit from FVD Germany for my 997 TT.

We have installed the kit yesterday and made several acceleration tests with it and i think results are quite impressive.

We have measured the times with the PERFORMANCE BOX GPS tool.

Best results so far;

0-60 km/h = 2.1 seconds
    0-100 km/h = 3.6 seconds
    0-200 km/h = 10.2 seconds

60-130 km/h = 3.0 seconds

0-400 meter = 11.4 seconds @ 207 km/h
    0-1000 meter = 20.4 seconds (i think next time will be better, because there was traffic on this run on the highway)

Maximum acceleration G is 1.1 G

What are your opinions ?

Thanks,

Emre

Re: FVD Stage 2 kit results

Quote:
    WhiteKnight said:
    Hello Guys,

I purchased Stage 2 kit from FVD Germany for my 997 TT.

We have installed the kit yesterday and made several acceleration tests with it and i think results are quite impressive.

We have measured the times with the PERFORMANCE BOX GPS tool.

Best results so far;

0-60 km/h = 2.1 seconds
    0-100 km/h = 3.6 seconds
    0-200 km/h = 10.2 seconds

60-130 km/h = 3.0 seconds

0-400 meter = 11.4 seconds @ 207 km/h
    0-1000 meter = 20.4 seconds (i think next time will be better, because there was traffic on this run on the highway)

Maximum acceleration G is 1.1 G

What are your opinions ?

Thanks,

Emre

Awesome results! How many horsepower does the car have? Also, a 200-300 km/h run would be nice.

Very impressed!

What does the stage 2 kit include?

Looks very good! Tiptronic or manual? I'm about to buy a Performance Box too. Do you like it?

I already have a Performancebox.. it is a must...
    Please tell us more for the car. How many Hp is it manual or Tiptronic?
    Also in the Stage 2 you have changed and the Vtg turbos or just Ecu exhaust and maniford..?!
    Thank you

Quote:
    Nick_Athens said:
    Also in the Stage 2 you have changed and the Vtg turbos or just Ecu exhaust and maniford..?!
    Thank you

I dont know the exact hp, Stage 2 is said to be 555hp, i added headers to that package and im running catless, so i guess it will be about ~565 hp.

Parts on the car;

ECU + Catless muffler + Headers + BMC oem replacement air filter.

It has tiptronic tranny.

I would highly recommend the Performance Box !

Visit http://www.fvd.de for more information about the kit and stages.

I can't image the car with the addition of bigger VTG turbos which is FVD Stage 3

This right?

https://shop.fvd.de/?VID=68474&VCD=5...y=&CarYear=

Quote:
    Alex (UK) said:
    This right?

Yep!

The Stage 3 kit is cheap - 13.704 Euro for 610 bhp.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Alex (UK) said:
    This right?

Yep!

I thought RC's warning was that 'you get what you pay for'!

No?

Quote:
    WhiteKnight said:
    Quote:
    Nick_Athens said:
    Thank you

I dont know the exact hp, Stage 2 is said to be 555hp, i added headers to that package and im running catless, so i guess it will be about ~565 hp.

Parts on the car;

It has tiptronic tranny.

If these numbers are accurate, you are making more than 565hp, your 100-200km/h of 6.6sec. is faster than a CGT (6.9), so I would say you are closer to 580-600hp especially with the addition of a catless exhaust and headers.
    For reference, my car with ecu/exhaust only, did it in 7.3 sec. (the stock car does it in 8.5/TIP-8.9/M)
    Great numbers anyway .

Quote:
    aah986 said:
    Quote:
    WhiteKnight said:
    Quote:
    Nick_Athens said:
    Thank you

Parts on the car;

It has tiptronic tranny.

If these numbers are accurate, you are making more than 565hp, your 100-200km/h of 6.6sec. is faster than a CGT (6.9), so I would say you are closer to 580-600hp especially with the addition of a catless exhaust and headers.
    For reference, my car with ecu/exhaust only, did it in 7.3 sec. (the stock car does it in 8.5/TIP-8.9/M)
    Great numbers anyway .

My baseline numbers with Performance Box was

0-100kmh 3.9sec
    0-200kmh 12.1sec

0-400m 11.8sec

I think (and hope:) those numbers are accurate

Thanks

Carrera GT : 0-100:3.9
    0-200:9.9
    100-200=9.9-3.9= 6 second

Quote:
    WhiteKnight said:
    Quote:
    aah986 said:
    Quote:
    WhiteKnight said:
    Quote:
    Nick_Athens said:
    Thank you

Parts on the car;

It has tiptronic tranny.

Great numbers anyway .

My baseline numbers with Performance Box was

0-100kmh 3.9sec
    0-200kmh 12.1sec

0-400m 11.8sec

I think (and hope:) those numbers are accurate

Thanks

The numbers almost exactly match the magazine. In any case, you will give a hard time to any 599 GTB you encounter .

Quote:
    Alex (UK) said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Alex (UK) said:
    This right?

Yep!

I thought RC's warning was that 'you get what you pay for'!

No?

Yes, pretty much. I'd still like to see bigger ICs and some drivetrain mods for that power level, but you can't say that it doesn't offer good value .

Quote:
    CGT1178 said:
    Carrera GT : 0-100:3.9
    0-200:9.9
    100-200=9.9-3.9= 6 second

I know but these are factory numbers and I think most mag. tests got better 0-100 numbers but worse 0-200 numbers.

Here is an update with the graphs from Performance Box,

First is the 100km-200km graph= 6.55 sec
    Second pic is the 60-130mph graph= 7.61 sec

Very nice, couple of questions: what kind of gas were you using? did you brake torque for the 0-xxx numbers and how high?

We are using 98 octane European pump gas which is 93 octane US pump gas equivalent i beleive.

Yes , 3.6sec is done by brake torque, not much because car bogs down when braking too much.

outstanding results! Can you relay the approximate temperatures and elevation of your runs?

Quote:
    eclou said:
    outstanding results! Can you relay the approximate temperatures and elevation of your runs?

I made the run in 18 degree celcius weather, and the elevation is 97 meter. You can see the elevation in the screenshots.

Thanks

Great numbers! Do you know what rpm your car is shifting? Is it the standard rpm or has the Stage 2 Kit increased the rpm to say 7000 rpm?

Thanks, Mike

Thanks for sharing your test results with us.

I have a couple of questions for you:

1. did you use the external GPS antenna for the Performance Box or just the one built-in?
    2. does your FVD Stage 2 Kit have german TÜV (no matter if you're Germany or Turkey;)) and if yes, did they give you some sort of written TÜV certification for it?
    3. did you take the "best" value the Performance Box recorded or did you make several runs and took the middle value out of them?
    4. what tires do you have on your car (stock rims? stock tires or Cups?).
    5. why did you choose FVD for the tuning?

Thanks.

for another comparison, this is my stg II at 35C going slightly uphill and with 2 shifts vs the 1 shift for the tip

RC,

1- I didn't use the external antenna, but i was on the highway and i didn't pass under any bridge or etc..
    2- I didn't asked for any TUV paper because we don't need it in Turkey, but if you are interested you can ask directly to them.
    3- The times in this post were the best times of that day, however in my new post there is a full single run. Started from 0km to 250km.
    4- I have the stock rims with stock Michelin PS2 tires.
    5- I chose FVD because i think that their kits have the highest Price/Performance ratio. Also i know them since 1993, and i bought 4 Porsche kits from them, Carrera, 993TT(525ps), 996TT(525PS) and 997TT (560ps-565ps). They are always very friendly and helpful.

Quote:
    RC said:
    Thanks for sharing your test results with us.

I have a couple of questions for you:

1. did you use the external GPS antenna for the Performance Box or just the one built-in?
    2. does your FVD Stage 2 Kit have german TÜV (no matter if you're Germany or Turkey;)) and if yes, did they give you some sort of written TÜV certification for it?
    3. did you take the "best" value the Performance Box recorded or did you make several runs and took the middle value out of them?
    4. what tires do you have on your car (stock rims? stock tires or Cups?).
    5. why did you choose FVD for the tuning?

Thanks.

Are you thinking of getting a kit?

Quote:
    Turbo Al said:
    Are you thinking of getting a kit?

If, not from FVD.

A few comments (please understand that my comment in no means wants to bash FVD or any particular individual!):

1. without external antenna, the performance box results can be very inaccurate, even if you don't pass a bridge, etc. It is enough to be in a certain satellite view angle and even if the reception is interrupted for only a fraction of a second, the results aren't accurate anymore. GPS works great with navigation systems with weaker signals but not so great with accurate measurement and internal antennas. This doesn't mean the values posted are wrong, this only means that there is an error margin which has to be taken seriously.

2. the brake-throttle acceleration method maximizes performance but it is not a method used during daily real world driving (at least I hope so since it could seriously cause damage if used too often), this is why I never used it for the performance box measurements.

3. a rolling start also somehow changes performance and the measurement isn't accurate anymore

4. I asked for TÜV certification for a good reason: some tuners (I do NOT know if FVD is among them) offer non-TÜV approved kits for export, kits which aren't streetlegal and may also have pretty bad emissions output. I'm not a "green" type of guy but if we compare power kits, we should compare them accurately and at the same "level".

A "general" comment regarding performance kits since it seems that there is a misunderstanding: it is not a problem to squeeze out a lot of power out of the 997 Turbo engine, the problem is to squeeze out RELIABLE, SAFE power without changing stock emissions too much to keep it streetlegal.

I know for a fact that "some" Tuners offer different exhaust systems and sometimes even a different engine software mapping to please export customers and/or to save some development money because this wouldn't require TÜV certification (not cheap!) and a legal warranty.
    Another point would be that "some" Tuners think that in speed limited countries, the chances to be in serious trouble from excessive tuning are not too big, so they don't care too much about "finetuning" or adapting their kits in a proper way. The engine software development has already been outsourced by most tuners, the software is coming "ready-to-go" from specialized software developers and the tuners have the possibility to take it like it is or to adapt/finetune it.

This doesn't mean that a certain product from a certain tuner is necessarily bad but there are tuners who are specialized on modern Porsche cars and others who take care of older cars. RUF, Techart, Gemballa, 9ff, RS-Tuning, Manthey as examples have a lot of experience with "post-993" tuning, others not that much. Please be aware that I'm talking about GERMAN tuners only, I can't comment too much on others, simply because I don't know them or I didn't have too much customer feedback from them. EVO seems to be an interesting and promising US tuner from what I heard from various (even international!) sources, I can't comment on the others because I don't have enough information.

Yes, you usually get what you're paying for but the difference between the 997 Turbo tuning kits is marginal, both in power and software. The real difference starts with parts quality (exhaust, cats, etc.), software finetuning and streetlegal certification and of course warranty (and I'm not talking about the warranty for the WORK and parts but a warranty which covers all tuning related damages if Porsche refuses to pay for it due to the tuning). This is where the difference starts...

RC,

1- One of my friends have the external antenna, i can get it from him and try to measure the times again. No problem.

2- I usually do rolling-start tests, the 100-200km time in this post was achieved from a rolling start from 80kmh.

3- FVD also have TUV approved kits in their web site, if you look at 997tt section you can see it. However i dont have any cats on my exhaust as you know, therefore i didn't post these times to compare with "Catted" kits. Anyone who can look at the mod list can see that i'm running catless.

As for the reliability, my 1996 model FVD tuned 993TT now has over 100.000km with the stock engine, without any rebuilds etc.. Same with my 996TT, it also has over 40.000km with the performance kit. Also, there isn't any limits on the highways here so i frequently see over 250km/h on the highways. These are the reasons why i trust them.

Thanks

Quote:
    WhiteKnight said:
    RC,

1- One of my friends have the external antenna, i can get it from him and try to measure the times again. No problem.

2- I usually do rolling-start tests, the 100-200km time in this post was achieved from a rolling start from 80kmh.

3- FVD also have TUV approved kits in their web site, if you look at 997tt section you can see it. However i dont have any cats on my exhaust as you know, therefore i didn't post these times to compare with "Catted" kits. Anyone who can look at the mod list can see that i'm running catless.

As for the reliability, my 1996 model FVD tuned 993TT now has over 100.000km with the stock engine, without any rebuilds etc.. Same with my 996TT, it also has over 40.000km with the performance kit. Also, there isn't any limits on the highways here so i frequently see over 250km/h on the highways. These are the reasons why i trust them.

Thanks

whiteknight TRY a 0 to 300 km/h . maybe you can do it in around 31<X<34 SEC. based in your 0 to 200 km/h it must be so fast!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690586 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409824 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256060 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235292 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65721 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4699 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858507 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774771 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM