Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: All the chicks I know...

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Sounds like a control issue to me. You can always find something "wrong" if you want to, "jerking [her] head" sounds suspicious. If you're driving like an eedeeit all the time I could understand this, but being respectful of your passenger and still have a jerking head problem seems a little exaggerated. "Stiff ride" sounds like a problem for a geriatric with hemmoroids or arthritis; more suspect control issues if you ask me.

By way of comparision, my current wife (who's not a thrill junkie, nor a control freak, BTW) was in the passenger seat when I reported the first-time 135mph velocity on the highway when the car was new said without looking up from her magazine!, " That's nice dear."

Like the rest of this thread, funny and insightful.

Gives me the excuse for posting this pic (funny in a good way);

Re: My girlfriend hates my GT3.

She might think that any Porsche is for bachelors only. If she hates it now, she will hate it even more after you are married and will demand that you get rid of it as a litmus control test.

If she really loved you, she would be happy that you have the car you like. Thats what her attitude should be.

And remember this.

You don't need lawyers to get married, you do to get unmarried.

RC: nice work.

Appreciated comments. Women do change. When I met I didn't hear a single complaint. Things are different now. It's very hard to drive the GT3 the way I want to with a women in the car. I do drive it pretty hard, with sport mode on and music loud. Most women, especially a petite women, slight of frame, wouldn't be able to tolerate the ride. Maybe for awhile, but not over extended periods of time. I did compromise a little by getting the new cayenne turbo but you have to compromise a bit. Other than that, she doesn't ask for too much or nag me. Life is good. But sometimes, I think man, be truly single a while longer and cut loose. All men should be able to have that period of time in life where they can drive porsches and date hot, superficial, and shallow women. Just my 2 cents.

Maybe she hates it because she's a passenger. Let her drive it and see what she thinks. Also, see how if feels like from her point of view by being the passenger yourself.

Too jerky, ride too uncomfortable, too loud.

I think you might be able to improve on the jerkiness with some 'heroic' efforts on your part when you drive BUT the ride and noise levels are what they are. Nothing you can do about those 2 factors.

So, if you will permit me to comment on your situation, IMO, you have a few choices.

1) Take her out for numerous drives to show her why the car is the way it is. But, if you do that, you would simply be going through hoops to get her approval. I think her issues are unlikely to be solved this way AND they will involve needless 'stooping' by you.

2) You resolve not to drive in the GT3 with her as a passenger. This is a sad course of action to take. Ideally you want to share her company AND the pleasure of the car BUT this choice won't permit that.

3) Sell the GT3 but you will regret having your hand forced like this and you may spend the rest of your time together subject to her dictates.

4) Break up: over a car?? I don't think so.

None of your choices is easy. I would do 2.

I think you need to take a step back and think of how you are currently interracting. It seems to me that you need to find ways to encourage her to respect a little more what is important to you and how you feel about those things. If she's used to being the centre of attention then both you and what is important to you might be getting pushed to the sidelines here.

Solution: don't lavish too much attention or importance. It's the oxygen women need to rule over you.

Hope it all works out. My thoughts are with you. If you want to PM me, don't hesitate.

Quote:
    mvn1971 said:
    Most women, especially a petite women, slight of frame, wouldn't be able to tolerate the ride.

Get yourself a biggen then ...

Quote:
    mvn1971 said:I did compromise a little by getting the new cayenne turbo .

Life is a real bummer , having to do that ..

Time for a side by side comparison

I think the only way we can comment on her issue with the car is if you post a picture of her and a picture of the GT3 - That way we can know what all the issues are and how difficult of a decision this is.....

Re: Time for a side by side comparison

Quote:
    John SF 2005 997 S said:
    I think the only way we can comment on her issue with the car is if you post a picture of her and a picture of the GT3 - That way we can know what all the issues are and how difficult of a decision this is.....

What John SF is trying to communicate and a cliche I have always wanted to repeat is this,

"This thread is...useless...without photographs!"

We've already seen photos of mvn1971's girlfriend. Don't you remember guys? He posted some photos of them while they were on vacation in Vietnam and when they went to a lingerie party in Las Vegas.

If you ask me, a woman like that is not someone one should risk losing so easily

MAYBE THIS HELPS MAKE A COMPARISON ?

My wife has a lexus sc 430 she loves it, however she loves my 997 C4S. My wife thinks it is me. There are plenty of jerky headed people out there and lots of boring people too. Keep the car dump the jerky headed one and find a girl friend who has her head bolted on correctly and is cool to. For sure DO NOT MARRY THIS JERKY PERSON! In the divorce she will get the Porsche!!

Just checked out the picture threads reffered to...

GF > GT3 for sure.... Ditch the car mate!

I remember the threads now. She is pretty. They are quite common in LA.

True love = rare, True convenience = common, Divorce rate = 60%.

Convenience factor goes up exponentialy as does money involved. It all depends on her upbringing. Does she see her looks as a lure to grab onto the most convenience, does she look at life in such a calculating way. If so ADIOS.

Is she a nice girl who happens to be pretty? Does she look at life in a simple way. Would she be as happy with you if you were driving some 20 year old beater? Would she stay with you if you lost everything and your health went south?

LA is so plastic, only mvn can answer these questions?

Quote:
    Adam2S said:
    Just checked out the picture threads reffered to...

GF > GT3 for sure.... Ditch the car mate!

Wussy. Ditch the GF or you'll be miserable for the rest of your life. There are so many other hot women out there that obsessing over what to do with your favorite toy because the GF (whom you buy cars) doesn't like the car is just fruitless. It will repeat more often the longer you stay together. Ditch her.

Quote:
    racerx said:

"THEY" are quite common? What do you mean

mvn dude, as everyone's saying here, a relationship involves to quite an extent some form of compromise and understanding. If you dig the GT3 and is prepared to get her a KN turbo, I think you've gone out of your way to compromise.

I wouldn't saying anthing about your gf because none of us know her except for the rather revealing photos. Is she actively asking you to get rid of the GT3 or are you just being a gentleman - being considerate without being asked?

If you can afford it, keep the GT3 AND the gf! (or sell me the GT3 at 50% price you paid for)

Quote:
    MMD said:"Stiff ride" sounds like a problem for a geriatric with hemmoroids or arthritis; more suspect control issues if you ask me.

Coming from a female, "stiff ride" is not just a problem for a geriatric. I'm not familiar with the ride of the GT3, but my Miata has aftermarket shocks that, while completely streetable, are pretty stiff (JIC FLT A2, if anyone's curious). I've discovered there are some freeways around here where the road isn't quite as smooth as I thought, and at the speed I tend to go down them, with these shocks, there's quite a bit of rather harsh bounce. And if I'm in the wrong bra, it can be flat out painful.

That said, I think I have to agree that there may be some jealousy and/or control issues, here. I'm not sure I can give any advice other than to examine your relationship and see if you can figure out if it really is specifically the car she doesn't like or if it is an underlying issue.

you're asking for a way personal question to which you should have an answer immediatly. If you are hesitent - DUMP BOTH.

Personally, I have immediately dummped every girl that I ever dated that made a bad comment about one of my Porsches. I suggest you do the same. Chicks who don't like cars are universally not cool.

^^
    you are very wise

it seems alot of girls ive met do not like porsches.

+ 1 On U Boats Comments.

Quote:
    mvn1971 said:
    1st, it jerks her head alot, even when I'm trying to make an effort to smoothly go thru the gears.

Does the sport button on the GT3 vary the throttle sensitivity like the sport button on the E46 M3? And is the PASM ride in comfort mode as firm as the E46 M3?

I ask because riding as a back-seat passenger in a E46 M3 with sport engaged was an unpleasant experience. It felt like bouts of mini-whiplash every time the driver touched the accelerator unless I remembered to rest my head against the headrest. And the ride quality, even with 18 inch wheels, was equally jarring. But the interior noise was soft.

If the GT3 is equal or more punishing than the E46 M3 towards passengers in terms of throttle sensitivity, ride, and interior noise, your girlfriend has my empathy and sympathy.

Imho, the problem seems to be owning cars with suspension firmness at opposite ends of the scale. The SC430 driver and GT3 driver are both mildly tortured each time they have to either drive or ride in the car to which they are not accustomed.

Equiraptor made an interesting point regarding the bouncing. Maybe she's lacking the proper underwear.

Change girlfriend!!!
    just kidding.

Trade in the girlfriend and see if the situation improves.

If no improvement trade in the car.

Quote:
    moto said:
    Quote:
    racerx said:

"THEY" are quite common? What do you mean

mvn dude, as everyone's saying here, a relationship involves to quite an extent some form of compromise and understanding. If you dig the GT3 and is prepared to get her a KN turbo, I think you've gone out of your way to compromise.

I wouldn't saying anthing about your gf because none of us know her except for the rather revealing photos. Is she actively asking you to get rid of the GT3 or are you just being a gentleman - being considerate without being asked?

If you can afford it, keep the GT3 AND the gf! (or sell me the GT3 at 50% price you paid for)

There is no way in hell I'm selling my GT3 . One of my very few passions in life is driving my car. If she asked me that, she would be gone. She just doesn't like riding in it. I got the cayenne turbo for both of us. I've sold my C2S cab, because I don't drive it as much anymore.

New, latest/greatest cars are fun to obtain (w/a $0 down lease of course ) and drive/enjoy for 6 mos or so.... before trading in for another new, latest/greatest, more advanced/debugged car...

Similarly, hot chicks, esp in a global mecca like LA , tend to be rapidly obsoleting commodities....they keep making new models...and prices/lease terms of latest/greatest models, like those of new, latest/greatest cars, haven't really increased in many years: commoditization at its best....

I'm sure you can include a, "must not bitch about cars" clause in the pre-nup

My wife thought my 997s ride was too stiff in the beginning. She can't get enough now. Especially when she drives it.

no girls will be pretty in 20 years or so if she's around 20ish now.. but a porsche will be pretty from the day you bought it and probably won't change a bit in years if you kept it clean and do your chores .

there you a have it! i will definitely keep the porsche, why not get a girl that likes both your porsche and you?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 2:04 PM
    RCA
    802865 1806
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448449 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265984 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89992 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6468 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885487 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832650 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM