Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

What do you think about these wheels?

I like these wheels. I'm considering these but not quite sure what color wheel to put on. Car will be white. Here are some pics. Some input please.

Re: What do you think about these wheels?

This might be a look I'm considering.

Or there are three different finishes. Silver, titanium, and limited. I like the titanium.

titanium

Lastly limited. Most likely going to be black or titatium.

Don't like any of them. IMHO they make the car look like a pimp-mobil, particularly with the white bodywork. I'm much more into the subtle and classic look e.g. the standard 19" Design alloys or at a push the new Porsche 21' CTT08 I've seen on other threads here.

I love them. Really like the Rinspeed design. Normally I do not like the after market wheels on Porsches, but I'm not a big fan of the standard Cayenne wheels. Black on white is a bit too much, but the Titanium grey color would be very nice!

im looking at those also... but in silver.

I'm with 2chavs on this one. Unless you work in the music industry/pimp/dealer I can't understand putting those on the vehicle.

I'm relatively young but I'm not a fan of the current big shiny wheel movement.

No, not any of the above. Porsche stock wheels are boring. Considered the sport 21 in. but for $4200, I would buy my own. Rinspeed are similar to techart. I think there very nice looking wheels.

Don't like any of them~
    but the combination is great, white with black~:)))

What will 21's do except make the brake rotors look small?

Lowered that white Cayenne looks like a lumpy Germanized PT Cruiser.

Whats up making a ghetto oreo truck?

Rollin in my Cayenne? Sure ..Not.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    What will 21's do except make the brake rotors look small?

Lowered that white Cayenne looks like a lumpy Germanized PT Cruiser.

Whats up making a ghetto oreo truck?

Rollin in my Cayenne? Sure ..Not.

I have 21" P-Wheels on my car and the front calipers are still huge...

I have the diamond cut and black finish Rinspeed wheels on my 997tt and love them. Nice simple design that is easily clean and IMO the best lookers out there. Multi spokes look wrong on Porsches IMO. Go with them.

Quote:
    turbo'S' said:
    I have the diamond cut and black finish Rinspeed wheels on my 997tt and love them. Nice simple design that is easily clean and IMO the best lookers out there. Multi spokes look wrong on Porsches IMO. Go with them.

Completely agree. The wheel wells on Cayennes are too big for the stock wheels.

Quote:
    2chavs said:
    Don't like any of them. IMHO they make the car look like a pimp-mobil, particularly with the white bodywork. I'm much more into the subtle and classic look e.g. the standard 19" Design alloys or at a push the new Porsche 21' CTT08 I've seen on other threads here.

While the design is attractive, ANY wheels of this size on a Cayenne make it look like a pimpmobile. Skipping over my oft-stated question of "why the heck did you guys buy a Cayenne in the first place?", and skipping over the fact that you paid all sorts of money and weight penalties for 4WD mechanicals that you will never use, and ignoring the fact that even the minority of people out there who wouldn't call you a "poseur" just for buying a Cayenne in the first place will now be certain that you are, - do you ONLY drive on manicured racetracks or Disneyland-like suburban streets? Even if you don't mind having your teeth rattled by normal city streets, have you seen what hurling a 5300# SUV into a reasonable-size pot-hole will do to one of these wheels - and often the tire with which it is shod? 20"s are the limit, and those would have a short life on the roads I drive.

Oh well, small rant over. Back to my usual "to each his own" mode. Not meaning to offend, but the initial post did ask our opinion.

I think these black rinspeeds are one of, if not the best, wheel for the Cayenne

Quote:
    JP66 said:
    I think these black rinspeeds are one of, if not the best, wheel for the Cayenne

Like that space saver tire look do ya?

One drive on Denny Way and you will need another set

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

On a related topic, can someone explain to me why anybody (including Porsche) would design wheels for an SUV so that the "face of the wheel" extends so far beyond the outside surface of the tire profile? These designs benefit no one but the wheel repair shops. You can't even safely STORE the dadgum things without a high likelihood of scratching them.

Quote:
    sigs said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

On a related topic, can someone explain to me why anybody (including Porsche) would design wheels for an SUV so that the "face of the wheel" extends so far beyond the outside surface of the tire profile? These designs benefit no one but the wheel repair shops. You can't even safely STORE the dadgum things without a high likelihood of scratching them.

which wheels are you referring to ? and what the hell is a "dadgum"

Quote:
    sigs said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

I like the way this thread is going!

I will add my two cents in support of Jim and Sigs arguments. They are making all the sense in the world. I think 18" is almost too thin a sidewall profile for an SUV. I really don't think anyone who is buying larger diameter wheels is doing so for any performance advantage. It's a completely poseur incentive, and in satisfying that incentive you're compromising the SUV functionality the vehicle started with. Wouldn't an Escalade be a better point to start from?

Understand that everybody has there own opinion but it seems like if your not driving stock wheels your either a pimp or bling or ricey or asian or hood or rice rocket...etc. If anyone has recently seen the choice of porsche stock wheels for either the cayenne or 997, they are pretty boring. The rinspeed are not 24 inch chrome wheels. Now that's bling. But to say 22in are pimp mobile is a stretch. If you live in southern California, it seems like ever car has aftermarket wheels. I think aftermarket wheels done in good taste can make the car. Wheels make the car. I guess these wheels are bling too.

2. Rinspeed 23in. I will only get 22in.

Would you put skinny wheels and tall mud grabber off road tires on a 997TT?

Quote:
    mvn1971 said:
    Wheels make the car.

If that's the case, you could have saved a lot of money by just putting Rinspeeds on a PT Cruiser.

Quote:
    mvn1971 said: I guess these wheels are bling too.

Yep. But, if it floats your boat and helps you fit into the SoCal norm (do I get this week's oxymoron award?), what the heck. I don't understand why housewives buy SUVs just to drive to the mall, either. At least you guys buying these things are supplying the take-off wheel market for the rest of us.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Would you put skinny wheels and tall mud grabber off road tires on a 997TT?

I believe the general school of thought is "Yes" if it is the fashionable thing to do. (this is something my gf would say)
    Personally, I've driven stock 18s, 19s, and 20s. The 19s gave me the best compromise of style and drivability.
    I can't imagine loading up some friends and driving to Vegas on 20+ inch wheels.

Hey mvn1971-

Honestly the wheels don't look bad (somewhat like the Techarts) but at 22 inches it really compromises the ride quality. If I were you I'd drive around on stock 20s for a few weeks to know what it should feel like. Then I'd make the switch. You may or may not like it for the long term but at least you have a gauge to go by.
    Just my 2 cents.

Called my dealer and changed my order. Got the 21in wheels and will decide than if it is even worth to order the rinspeed 22in. Wheels plus tire will be $7400. Ouch! Will hold off on any orders of the Rinspeed. But, honestly, I love the look. If I do get them, most likely titanium. Thanks.

Nice wheels:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-22-PO...1QQcmdZViewItem

Love the wheels! Go for titanium!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 3:43 AM
    rhino
    802697 1804
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448407 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265939 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89945 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6419 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885385 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832292 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM