Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: HOT: Pictures of 997 Facelift!!!!

I didn't buy my car there. I sometimes go for minor stuff since it's convenient.

Having said that, a lot of the sales staff have now left. The Sales Manager, whom I didn't like at all, has left. Jonathan Ostroff, who was good IMO, has sadly left. Jeremy Marriage has left. Unfortunately Bradon Jones (whom I do not like) is still there. There's a new guy there called Michael Parchment who seems good plus a guy called Theo who also seems good. So maybe things will improve there. There's a new sales manager too.

Porsche Bolton said exactly the same thing. Porsche UK Number 2 visited and confirmed that facelift not coming out until 2008 for 58 registration plate.

Fwiw and fyi ,, Porsche West London reckons the facelift will come out for August 08 , so orders taken from Jan 08 should be the start for it....Sounds about right imo...

Quote:
    throt said:
    Fwiw and fyi ,, Porsche West London reckons the facelift will come out for August 08 , so orders taken from Jan 08 should be the start for it....Sounds about right imo...

What about us in the rest of the world??

What 997 Model are they talking about??

Sorr, but it sounds to me like mislead or misleading information.

Here you have a nice video of the facelifted 997 -- and honestly, we don't when it's out at the stealer MY08 or MY09, do we ?

LINK TO VIDEO OF FACELIFTED

Best from Spain

Quote:
    clk said:
    Here you have a nice video of the facelifted 997 -- and honestly, we don't when it's out at the stealer MY08 or MY09, do we ?

LINK TO VIDEO OF FACELIFTED

Best from Spain

Thanks for the link, but I'm sorry to say that this video is not new. Nevertheless thanks for it. I always love to look at it.

Please keep going on!

Greetings

Hello everybody!

How about a new pic? I know it is not that new, but I didn't see it in our forum.

Greetings

great! thanks, p!!! i was wondering what happened to all the new spy shots. it seemed that they were trickling in at a pretty steady clip then they abruptly stopped. all but disappeared. i wonder what that means? a car is imminient is my guess. thanks!

ps
    does anyone know -- some of the spyshots of the cobalt blue coupes looked like 911 4S's-- they looked like they were wide bodied.

My guess is that these spyshots are all influenced by porsche marketing department. I think, now with the 997 turbo cab, they did not want to steal too much attention from that car. Then the GT2, and only later the facelift (my guess).
    -Joost-

Hi Joost,

nice idea but I cant really follow. None of the marketing departments in the world would show a successor for cars for protecting other series and taking the risk that the precessors are not sold anymore.

???

L@rs

hmm, Lars, what you say sounds reasonable. However, from what I understand, they use these prototypes to get some reactions from the public (like rennteam), to check whether people like it or not. If they want to, I think they can test everything without anybody seeing a pic of an undisguised or semi-undisguised prototype. But now, all attention should go to the new cars, the turbo cab and maybe the gt2.

In the end, there will always be factors which we can not think of. Maybe they have completely different reasons, who'll say?
    -Joost-

Re: Facelift timeline

Hello everybody!

Has anybody infos about the changing of the rear side mirrors? In this pic you can perfectly see the diffent sizes between the mirrors now and the mirrors in the future. There are not so many facelift pics with the new styled side mirrors. I know this pic is now posted three times in this threat... sorry for that.

Keep on looking and searching for new facelift (mule-)pics!

Greetings

Well, infos... there seems to be some new regulation in the EU, and therefore we get these beautiful (not) huge dumbo-ear sized mirrors
    -Joost-

I bet some Einsteins have created this "simple" rules how a side mirror should be designed
    http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:32003L0097:EN:HTML

Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:
    I bet some Einsteins have created this "simple" rules how a side mirror should be designed

That is truly scary.

What about it? Seems pretty clear to me!
    -Joost-

Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:

I'm really impressed of the PORSCHE-Designers who first of all understand, what the "EU-Ministers" want to say with it.
    I scared about what will be the next?

Greetings

Quote:
    Joost said:
    hmm, Lars, what you say sounds reasonable. However, from what I understand, they use these prototypes to get some reactions from the public (like rennteam), to check whether people like it or not. If they want to, I think they can test everything without anybody seeing a pic of an undisguised or semi-undisguised prototype. But now, all attention should go to the new cars, the turbo cab and maybe the gt2.

In the end, there will always be factors which we can not think of. Maybe they have completely different reasons, who'll say?
    -Joost-

Joost I really don't think Porsche give a damn of what Rennteam comunity thinks because rennteam comunity is the worst sample you can get to make any kind of market study.
    The comun Porsche owner does not surf here, we represente maybe 2% of Porsche kind of owner. Otherwise there wouldn't have been a 996TT or 997TT regarding design. As soon as spy pics showed up here back in 1999 people were screaming about the front light shape and bulky general look the 996TT had. With 997TT it was the same. Every time a new spy pic comes out, people just cry and cry and i will not even refer the Cayenne impact among us.

Porsche is leatening to their clients, this is correct, but not fans like us, if that was the case we would have the following

Boxster - 1150Kg and 300Hp
    Boxster S - 1180Kg and 340 Hp
    997 - 1280Kg and 390Hp
    997S - 1310 Kg and 435 Hp
    997 GT3 - 1250 Kg and 470 Hp (8500rpm)
    997TT 1360KgKg and 520Hp
    997GT2 1300Kg and 580Hp
    Cayenne V6 - it would go don't the toillet
    Cayenne V8 - 400Hp
    Cayenne V8 TT - 500Hp
    Cayenne S V8 TT - 550Hp
    Cayenne TDI V8 - 450Hp
    Cayenne TDI S V8 - 530Hp

Carrera GT factory car team to enter in FIA GT class Championship
    And finaly, factory F1 team, with engine and car from Porsche.

J.Seven

Totally agree!!!!..........

lol, yeah, if you put it like that, sounds logical
    Still, I think these "prototype-sightings" are used to keep the buzz alive...
    -Joost-

There is no change!!!!

I just got a call from my dealer. They have been informed that there is no face-lift for MY 08.

We are not happy with Porsche screwing us around like this, especially considering the MY 08 Cayyene Face lifts.

Re: There is no change!!!!

Quote:
    DuaijiM5 said:
    I just got a call from my dealer. They have been informed that there is no face-lift for MY 08.

We are not happy with Porsche screwing us around like this, especially considering the MY 08 Cayyene Face lifts.

And I guess you believe him, now tell me why Porsche will increase the price of the upcoming models in August if a facelift won't be delivered in Sept. Once you pay uptil August and the facelift comes in sept. you can't complain because you didn't pay the same money as the gacelift owners simple.
    Expect an announcement very soon.

Quote:
    ITALOKOKO said:
    Quote:
    DuaijiM5 said:

And I guess you believe him, now tell me why Porsche will increase the price of the upcoming models in August if a facelift won't be delivered in Sept. Once you pay uptil August and the facelift comes in sept. you can't complain because you didn't pay the same money as the gacelift owners simple.

Is no one really reading the messages on this board?
    All information show that a facelift will be for spring 2008, in March/April, as a MY09. That means MY08 will be very short. All similar to the Cayennes this year. The facelift will not affect the Turbo or GT3, just all "normal" 997 models.

yah

Quote:
    yah said:
    Quote:
    ITALOKOKO said:
    Quote:
    DuaijiM5 said:

Is no one really reading the messages on this board?
    All information show that a facelift will be for spring 2008, in March/April, as a MY09. That means MY08 will be very short. All similar to the Cayennes this year. The facelift will not affect the Turbo or GT3, just all "normal" 997 models.

yah

why would they give info on increase in price 3 months ahead then Einstein ? Won't people bombard them with orders before the increase and do you think Porsche will be able to deal with that worldwide ?

Quote:
    ITALOKOKO said:
    why would they give info on increase in price 3 months ahead then Einstein ? Won't people bombard them with orders before the increase and do you think Porsche will be able to deal with that worldwide ?

Very valid point indeed. The announcement of the price increase comes really very early.

Quote:
    ITALOKOKO said:

I do not really understand the problem here.
    I am not sure how P allocations are handled in your area, but in Germany the dealers have not many production slots left before the factory closing. We have mid of May and production closes early August. That means, you have to order in the next weeks and you get one of the last MY07 production cars.

Quote:
    DuaijiM5 said: We are not happy with Porsche screwing us around like this, especially considering the MY 08 Cayyene Face lifts.

I don't see Porsche screwing anyone around. There has been no public word from them about a future face-lift or model change. they have remained silent throughout and will probably continue to do so until they're ready to launch. You can hardly call that screwing around - more like smartly consistent and in control.

Frankly if you don't like it then buy a used 997 to tide you over until the new one comes out. That way you have a Porsche, but you;re not losing a ton of money on depreciation.

Problem solved...

Exactly my thoughts. If you are concerned but want one now then buy a used one. Life is too short to stress over what you have no control over. Enjoy.

Quote:
    550 Spyder said:
    Life is too short to stress over what you have no control over. Enjoy.

Nice point of view!

Greetings

Alternatively, if you believe Porsche are screwing over their customers in favour of their shareholders, hedge your bets by buying Pounds65-90k worth of PAG shares, whilst keeping your order on for a Q4'07 997 order. Theoretically (ceteris paribus and all that jazz....), if the 997 FL is released soon after you receive your 997 Mk I, you'll at least stand to make some money if the 997 Mk II turns out to be a real blockbuster seller. With your stock profits you could even use the gains to change up to the 997 Mk II (and still have a brand new 997 Mk I to drive in the interim). If the 997 Mk II isn't as spectacular as expected (doubtful given Porsche's track record - do you think they'd mess up their biggest cash cow in their entire product range?!), you'd at least still be the proud owner of a 997 Mk I, and you could put your minimal gains/losses on the shares down to an "insurance hedge" - the price you pay for uncertainty.

Disclaimer: I, JYH, do not own any Porsche AG shares. The value of your shares may go up or down during your holding period. If you do, however, end up making a tonne of $$s on your investment, goodwill donations are always welcome

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776790 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441547 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262694 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260836 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85105 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5514 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880547 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815680 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM