Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 - Carrera Language: English Region: Worldwide - Asia Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Frankfurt Show

Heard a rumor that Porsche may announce a purist oriented Carrera at Frankfurt, slotted between the Carrera and Carrera S.  Anyone heard this, or more?

Re: Frankfurt Show

911 T ?

Yes its the 911T with a turbo ( carrera S engine ) like a "club sport" more oriented driving pleasure ( light etc...) price close to the carrera S and the touring package for GT3 release.

--

997 GT3 RS 3.6 - 964 RS - 993 RS -  991 GT3 RS

Any specific details about either?

--

"Don't worry about avoiding temptation, as you grow older it will avoid you"  Churchill

just news from my dealer today. if I have another I tell you ;)

--

Press Release 11/09/2017

Porsche GT model with manual transmission now also without rear wing

911 GT3 with Touring Package celebrates its world premiere at the IAA

Stuttgart. New addition to the Porsche puristic vehicles: The 911 GT3 with Touring Package will be unveiled at the 67th International Motor Show (IAA), which takes place from September 12 to 24, 2017 in Frankfurt. It is available exclusively with a manual six-gear transmission, and instead of the fixed rear wing it has a variable rear spoiler like the 911 Carrera. Beneath its understated exterior is pure motorsport technology: The four-litre naturally aspirated engine taken from motorsport reaches 368 kW (500 hp) and generates a torque of 460 Nm. In combination with optimum gear changes, the 911 GT3 with Touring Package sprints from 0 to 100 km/h in 3.9 seconds to reach a top speed of 316 km/h.

The name “Touring Package” harks back to an equipment variant of the 911 Carrera RS from model year 1973. Even then, the puristic 911 design and classic interior features were a key element. The new 911 GT3 with Touring Package adopts and modernises this concept. This variant is aimed at fans of high-quality sports cars who particularly value an understated appearance and classic driving enjoyment. 

Aside from the Clubsport Package and Alcantara equipment ranges, virtually all 911 GT3 options are also available from Porsche in combination with the Touring Package. They include features such as all exterior and wheel colours, the PCCB ceramic brake, the lift system, LED headlights, all seat variants, the Chrono Package and the audio systems.

The Touring Package option is available to order now. In Germany, the 911 GT3 with Touring package costs – like the 911 GT3 – EUR 152,416 including VAT and with country-specific equipment options.

A high-performance sports car in every respect
    With the exception of the rear, the body of the GT3 remains unchanged in the variant with Touring Package. This means it has large air intakes in the specially designed front end, as well as the air outlet that is typical of the 911 GT3 model, located in front of the luggage compartment lid. The front and rear lights are identical, though not dark-tinted. The appearance from the side of the vehicle is dominated by the forged alloy wheels with central locking. At the front, 245/35 ZR 20 tyres are fitted on nine-inch wheels, while at the rear 305/30 ZR 20 tyres are mounted on twelve-inch wheel rims. The tyres create a powerful impression as the body of the new variant is 44 millimetres wider at the wheel arches than the 911 Carrera. Lowering by an additional 25 millimetres further emphasises the width of the car. 

Sporty aerodynamics: Rear spoiler with additional tear-off edge
    The subtle structural features are first visible at the rear end. The spoiler wing of the extending rear spoiler from the series-production 911 is equipped with an aerodynamic tear-off edge (Gurney flap) in the vehicle body colour. The specially designed rear lid grille bears the “GT3 touring” logo. Other distinguishing features include the silver-coloured side window strips, sports exhaust system tailpipes and headlight washer system covers, as well as the Porsche logo at the rear. In the “Black Exterior Touring Package” equipment option, these elements are in black, as with the 911 GT3. The front and rear lights are dark-tinted. 

Leather interior
    The interior creates the feel of a classic sports car with manual transmission. In line with the character of a puristic GT, fine leather is prevalent rather than Alcantara. The steering wheel rim with twelve o'clock marker, shift lever, door panel armrests, centre console storage compartment lid and interior door handles are upholstered in smooth-finish leather. The seat centres are made of black fabric. The headrests feature embossed Porsche crests and all seams in the partial leather interior are sewn in black thread. The finishing touch to the interior is the trim in black aluminium. 

Powerful six-cylinder naturally aspirated engine from motorsport 
    The powertrain and chassis are identical on all 911 GT3 vehicles with manual transmission, including the variant with Touring Package. The naturally aspirated six-cylinder flat engine with four-litre displacement is taken from racing cars such as the 911 RSR and 911 GT3 Cup. The machine is the most powerful naturally aspirated direct-injection engine and has the greatest displacement that Porsche has ever developed for a six-cylinder flat engine on the road. The engine is characterised by its high-speed concept. The crankshaft spins at up to 9,000 revolutions per minute, which is truly extraordinary, even for a sports car engine.

The gear ratio of the six gears is precisely tuned to the power development of the engine and offers particularly sporty shifting characteristics. An automatic intermediate acceleration function ensures an exciting sound when downshifting. This function is activated via the “Sport” button on the centre console, delivering dynamic shift processes from faster synchronisation of the gears. The GT sports manual transmission transfers the power to a mechanical rear differential lock with automatic braking (PTV). 

Fast on the corners, stable on the straights: Rigid chassis with rear-axle steering 
    The chassis of the 911 GT3 is testament to Porsche's experience in motorsport. In addition to the basic design, which is optimised for precision, the chassis also boasts superior handling characteristics, thanks predominantly to the active rear-axle steering. Depending on the speed, it steers either in the opposite or the same direction as the front wheels, thereby improving the vehicle’s agility and stability. The size of the tyres on both axles is such that the front wheels optimally transmit steering and brake forces, while the rear wheels provide drive and traction.

Porsche Track Precision app as standard
    In addition to Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including an online navigation module with real-time traffic information, the standard equipment of every 911 GT3 also includes the Connect Plus module and the Porsche Track Precision app. This app enables the driver to display, record and analyse detailed driving data on their smartphone.

Images in the Porsche Newsroom (newsroom.porsche.com) and in the Porsche press database (presse.porsche.de).

Communications Porsche AG
    Product Communications
    Elena Storm
    Phone: +49 (0) 711 / 911 29975
    E-mail: Elena.Storm@porsche.de

911 GT3 with Touring Package

911 GT3 with Touring Package: Fuel consumption combined 13.3 l/100 km; CO2 emissions 302 g/km

For further information
    about the content, please click here.

911 GT3 with Touring Package: Fuel consumption combined 13.3 l/100 km; CO2 emissions 302 g/km

For further information

For further information

For further information

For further information

Some photo's from Instagram.

GT3 Touring 1.JPG

GT3 Touring 2.JPG

GT3 Touring 3.JPG

Official photo's.

Press 1.JPG

Press 2.JPG

Press 3.JPG

Press 4.JPG

Press 5.JPG

Press 6.JPG

starts with the cayenne....

what a very good Porsche IAAmail

--

So who wants one? (GT3 Touring Package) 

With PDK and rear seats, I would have ordered one (seriously).

Bye bye, Porsche...

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:

So who wants one? (GT3 Touring Package) 

With PDK and rear seats, I would have ordered one (seriously).

Bye bye, Porsche...

the touring is just an answer of Porsche to 991 R speculator etc...Congrats Porsche you see a very nice brand image....And respect the real passionate who make the brand stay on track day etc. I wait clearly from Porsche the next convertible Macan turbo GTS 4WD...this is ironic but I take an interest to mclaren, Lamborghini now...

--

The IAA press conference was boring no passion....With no interest, nothing...

--

LP997:

VW Group has serious issues right now to find a direction for the company to move on to. This involves all brands. I guess this reflects in the IAA presentation.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:
    LP997:

VW Group has serious issues right now to find a direction for the company to move on to. This involves all brands. I guess this reflects in the IAA presentation.

--

you right but when you have (like all other member on rennteam and you RC) the passion for many years for this brand its hard to see that...

--

Maybe something that got lost with Winterkorn and Piëch? Especially the latter is and was full of excitement for cars and those brands.

By the way, anybody in Frankfurt on Thursday? 😀

Say what you like about the VW Group, they do most of the top cars in the categories they are represented. From superminis to hypercars. From tiny VW UP to the Aventador and beyond to the Chiron  with numerous brilliant cars in between.

Problems and scandals notwithstanding, who else can claim such an exceptional range of cars?

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

Say what you like about the VW Group, they do most of the top cars in the categories they are represented. From superminis to hypercars. From tiny VW UP to the Aventador and beyond to the Chiron  with numerous brilliant cars in between.

Problems and scandals notwithstanding, who else can claim such an exceptional range of cars?

I agree but you see, this is exactly their problem: How to continue? With the same range, change it completely to ELVs or hybrids or what to do next? So much confusion going on at VW Group right now, you cannot even imagine. They need to plan the future but right now, they face so much headwind and problems (both from politics and the public), they just seem to have lost a clear vision of the future. Very dangerous time for VW Group because the decisions taken today cannot be easily reversed tomorrow.

--

RC:
    reginos:

I agree but you see, this is exactly their problem: How to continue? With the same range, change it completely to ELVs or hybrids or what to do next? So much confusion going on at VW Group right now, you cannot even imagine. They need to plan the future but right now, they face so much headwind and problems (both from politics and the public), they just seem to have lost a clear vision of the future. Very dangerous time for VW Group because the decisions taken today cannot be easily reversed tomorrow.

+1 kiss

--

RC:
    reginos:

Piech provided a lot of direction and leadership to Porsche, Audi, and then VW group, guided by his vision and strength of character, but it did not make him popular.  Modern corporations and governments are afraid of strong personalities who have highly focused goals that are potentially controversial. 

--

"Don't worry about avoiding temptation, as you grow older it will avoid you"  Churchill

Me too. I need the rear seats. Wanted to sell my 991.1 S and get it. I have 2 kids (4 and 2) and with 2 car seats and a yoyo stroller that fits the frunk, it would have been the perfect 911 for us. For now I would just keep the carrera S and see what the future brings.

DaveC:
    RC:
    reginos:

Piech provided a lot of direction and leadership to Porsche, Audi, and then VW group, guided by his vision and strength of character, but it did not make him popular.  Modern corporations and governments are afraid of strong personalities who have highly focused goals that are potentially controversial. 

I think it would be a big mistake to rush things and to have a radical direction/strategy change but I'm afraid this is exactly what is going to happen...

The media and politics want ELVs but I think this won't happen easy (or fast), no matter what (wishful thinking) some politicians or even "experts" seem to have.

--

So by releasing the manual only no rear seats GT3 touring Porsche manages to upset not only the potential buyers who were hoping for PDK (but will buy higher margins regular 911) AND the R owners who are some of Porsche best customers. Nice one.

They had to leave the T with only MT. Otherwise it would have seriously siphoned off sales from all the other 911's. The T is marketed for a niche group of buyers who would have bought the R if they were allowed to.

--

"A man wrapped up in himself makes for a very small bundle."

SciFrog:

So by releasing the manual only no rear seats GT3 touring Porsche manages to upset not only the potential buyers who were hoping for PDK (but will buy higher margins regular 911) AND the R owners who are some of Porsche best customers. Nice one.

Yeah, kind of an "apology" for those who didn't get a 911 R but at the same time pissing off 911 R customers and those who wanted a GT3 without rear wing but with PDK and rear seats. I don't believe a second the claims that there was no demand for a PDK/rear seats Touring Package GT3. They did it by purpose, especially to protect the cheaper to produce Carrera GTS models. Smiley

--

RC:
    SciFrog:

Yeah, kind of an "apology" for those who didn't get a 911 R but at the same time pissing off 911 R customers and those who wanted a GT3 without rear wing but with PDK and rear seats. I don't believe a second the claims that there was no demand for a PDK/rear seats Touring Package GT3. They did it by purpose, especially to protect the cheaper to produce Carrera GTS models. Smiley

The R will stay special . Owners should not be too pissed off , unless they only got it to make money .

The R will keep it's value and in 30 years, it will be the model to have from this time . Not the GT3 T .

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

I wouldn't be too sure about the 911 R, I would rather look into the 991.2 GT3 RS. Smiley Last n/a RS and all...maybe. Smiley

--

I'm getting quite confused. It seems to me that Porsche has not lost any passion or direction, but is simply offering more options in  each model category. It also seems to me that Porsche is as dedicated as ever to it's racing heritage.  The 919 hybrid program has been a success, and it's entry into formula E will, if the past  is prologue, be successful as well. Meantime, the focus on 911 racing will be sharpened.

I only have two objections to Porsche  now. First the press conferences have turned into circuses, just like the ones at Mercedes. And second, the prices for the cars I desire are high and keep going higher. laugh

Wonderbar:

I'm getting quite confused. It seems to me that Porsche has not lost any passion or direction, but is simply offering more options in  each model category. It also seems to me that Porsche is as dedicated as ever to it's racing heritage.  The 919 hybrid program has been a success, and it's entry into formula E will, if the past  is prologue, be successful as well. Meantime, the focus on 911 racing will be sharpened.

I only have two objections to Porsche  now. First the press conferences have turned into circuses, just like the ones at Mercedes. And second, the prices for the cars I desire are high and keep going higher. laugh

I have a slightly different view on this: I'm really not sure about their dedication or direction that they are taking regarding their racing heritage. They have opted to cancel a very successful LMP1 program alleging the lack of marketing return proportional to the budget spent., and yet are ready to join a series that has little or no marketing return (at least for the foreseeable future) and so applying the same logic, they should not be spending anything on that series. 

They are now looking to supply engines to F1, which ...barring their success in the 80's with the TAG McLaren program, has never been their forte. In fact the footwork program was a disaster and even their short lived  F1 program in the early days yielded one GP victory ...and that was in a race that didn't count for the World Championship. They are not even contemplating (as far as we know) having their own team (unlike their competitors Ferrari and Mercedes). If they don't get it right this time round, there wont be much positive marketing return at all and run the risk of putting their hallowed racing heritage at risk which has taken decades to build but can be destroyed in a few seasons.

As for sportscar racing (their natural home): They are focusing on GTE with a car that is not really a 911 and have no plans (that we know) to produce a road going version of the racing car. Furthermore, they are not partaking in the leading class, but rather focusing on a class where class victories are mainly reliant on BoP, and don't even have an engine that is competitive against the opposition. They are essentially taking a knife to a gun fight.  This to me does not show any real desire to win.

I sincerely hope that I'm wrong on all this, but all I hear from Porsche management lately is a lot of  PC mumbo jumbo.

If they are at a loss for direction, why not go back to what they were really good at? Engineering! Focus on producing well engineered and exciting cars and the money will follow. 

Whilst recognizing the worries of many friends of Porsche, personally I am very happy with the evolution of  this marque/brand.

Their cars are among the top in their respective categories, in road manners and quality. I cannot find a car in any category that Porsche is represented that is clearly better, from sportscars to SUVs to limousines. People naturally tend to want change and many drivers change brands but figures show that for everyone who abandons Porsche many more join.

As regards motorsport, there was a lot of moaning after 1998 that Porsche cannot compete in top level racing anymore and that they build SUVs abandoning their racing heritage. Then the 919 came along and everybody was silenced. In the meantime we had the RS Spyder, that was totally dominant in its class in ALMS with many overall wins in spite of being a P2 specification and with two Le Mans class wins.

The new RSR will dominate next season when it will be fully honed and the motorsport department will have its hands free from the P1 commitment.

We've also had the Carrera GT and the 918, cars that are now at the pinnacle of automotive history.

The way I see it, it is very easy for someone to sell a handful of prestige cars that hardly circulate on the roads and appear to excel. But to make a minimum of 20.000 911s p.a. and thousands of SUVs year after year is a proof of a company that knows how to keep customers satisfied.

Porsche is unique in that it can compete with the Ferraris and at the same time with the premium brands. It is the wildcard of the automotive world.

--

"Form follows function"

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    752912 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430590 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258533 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255430 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79499 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5254 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868195 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801733 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM