Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

west london porsche - damaged my car

took my 987 boxster s to west london opc for its 20,000 mile service. as expected, got a phone call informing me of things that needed done. end result was a bill for 2k. later in the day, i got a call to say the car was ready, but it wouldn't be washed, as it was 20th in the queue for washing.

having cost 2k, i thought the least i could expect was it to be returned clean! was then told i might not get it back the following day, as 20 cars to wash may take some time.

after a bit of a moan to them, i picked up the car the following day. it had been washed, but now sported a dent over the rear nearside wheel arch!! pointed this out to the bloke, who said one of their drivers must have opened another car door into mine.

having driven off, not happy, i checked the service book, only to find it hadn't been stamped with the service the car had just had!

i live in london, and only have 'on street' parking. i subsequently go out of my way to park it in places where it hopefully won't get scratched, dented, etc. i've successfully managed this for 12 months, only for it to pick up a dent whilst at porsche for a service!!! and wouldn't you think they would stamp the service book??

porsche are having the car back to repair the dent, and everyone has been helpful and apologetic......but it shouldn't happen in the first place...should it??

should i expect/demand any financial apology? had i taken it to some dodgy garage, i'd expect this, but not having paid 2k at an opc!!

Re: west london porsche - damaged my car

Interesting, my 987S had its 2 year service at the same place a few weeks ago. Shortly after getting it back i noticed the front right repeater is not flush to the wing. Now, to be honest it could have been like that before, and i have checked various photos, but they only show the otherside close enough to see anything. Thought about taking it in and complaining, but unlikely anything will come of it.

If they are repairing it for nothing, then thats probably all you can hope for, even though you have been inconvenienced.

i suggest you push for a courtesy car whilst your's is in being repaired.

when i picked up my cayman s from porsche hatfield (from new), the windscreen was scratched, they arranged to replace it the following week and sorted me out with a boxster courtesy car for 2 days.

realisticaly i think that's the best you can expect.

This happens more often than you would expect from a premium band. I sure hope people from Porsche HQ read this board and give spankings as appropriate.

It's not the fact that it got damaged, so much as the fact that no-one noticed before handing you back the keys (gives the impression that they don't give a hoot) and the fact that it's more time and inconvenience on your part to get it fixed.

Take a long weekend in the country, and take the car somewhere else next time. You might find it's cheaper too, out of London.

I've always avoided the West London OPC like the plague

I had similar issue at west london. Took my car in and when I got it back someone had broken the air vents... No big deal but the most annoying thing was nobody told me, I just found them broken when I git back in the car..

I also asked them to do a number of jobs at the time which they did not bother doing..

Have not been back since!

Make the scum bags pay! I have dealt with them over the years - if you walk away you are the one who will loose out! Get a quote from another OPC to have it fixed, get a fax copy of the quote, take it to the West London OPC and tell them that the either pay the quoted amount OR they fix it with a courtesy car within the next 2 weeks.

Wow, interesting to read about similar trouble with the West London OPC. I too have seen first hand how good their professionalism is. It seems that they are getting far too big for their own shoes and this arrogance is spreading within the network (if not already).

Took the Box in for a few recalls and it came back with a nice chip out of the silver gear surround. It was so obvious, i just couldn't see how they had the balls to hand me back the keys thinking nothing of it.

Then, when it went back for this repair they scratched and tore the leather surrounding the dash. Fools...

I strongly suggest you have a chat with the service dept head and tell him how it is. I put them on notice that any further agravation caused by them i will be back knocking heads.

The problem is, even Mayfair/Parklane porsche send their cars to the Chswick centre, so you have to as far as Hatfield to avoid them.

Regards

Popolou

Would anyone suggest I do anything about mine? (see post near the top). I cant even say whether it was them, but it was right after it had been there i noticed. Its like the wing and the bumper section have become misaligned slightly. It has been a few weeks and i never mentioned it so they probably wouldnt believe it was them.

Quote:
    Martin Tyler said:
    Would anyone suggest I do anything about mine? (see post near the top). I cant even say whether it was them, but it was right after it had been there i noticed. Its like the wing and the bumper section have become misaligned slightly. It has been a few weeks and i never mentioned it so they probably wouldnt believe it was them.

Not sure you can do anything about it now, but if it was me, I wouldn't want them to touch it again anyway!
    How much do you notice it, and does it stop you enjoying the car?

What has people's experience of servicing at OPC East London been? I'm tempted to use a dealership outside London where perhaps they have more time and care towards their clientele...

Glad you commented Easy - on a legal standpoint what can one do if damage occurs while a car is in the care of a dealer? There must be something to protect us surely!

It's basically contractual negligence so yes, they do have to repair it at their cost or pay for reasonable repairs...

I have used a few OPC's now... Purchased the car from West London, bad service then and worse during first time I took the car in (See above)... Then used Reading the second time I needed to have the car looked at and they were very good, nice and friendly and got the work done.

Then for the first service I used East London who were again very good and I had no problems.I work at Canary Wharf so they are very handy and I will use them again

Quote:
    wtsnet said:
    Quote:
    Martin Tyler said:

Not sure you can do anything about it now, but if it was me, I wouldn't want them to touch it again anyway!
    How much do you notice it, and does it stop you enjoying the car?

Doesnt stop my enjoyment at all. Its just one of those things that once you notice it you know its there.. maybe its been there months though and i didnt notice it

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    It's basically contractual negligence so yes, they do have to repair it at their cost or pay for reasonable repairs...

Thanks for the comment - I wouldn't let them to get away with it! I always tell my dealer when my car goes in, scratch it and you bought it! They have come to know from a couple of experiences - I ain't kidding!

You wouldn't want the dealer to wash your car anyway, you should see the damage they do...

Sadly this is more and more an issue, the delaership space is more often than not at a premium and nowadays they don;t tend to use off site storage for pre delivery cars.

My first Boxster had a dent in it on collection day - maybe from a tie down strap during transportation, but most likely done at the dealership. Delayed collection by a day. Then i rejected my original 987S in Jan, mainly for the dreadful swirly mess they'd made of the paint with a dirty orbital polisher, but also becasue that too suffered a dent from another car door being opened against it. I wasn't too happy they'd stored it outside for a few months without any of it protective film prior to my agreed collection date either. Came good in the end tho, as i bought an ex demo with a much better spec for the same money

BMW and MB are no better either - my father has had three cars damaged at the same dealership, two prior to delivery and once during warranty work.

My previous and only Mercedes had three stone chips on the rear at collection too - from being transported backwards on the delivery truck.

I still haven't settled my warranty issues with East London (i.e. creaking suspension) - and I still haven't received the documentation for the extended warranty, despite purchasing it last November.

Must get on the phone again...

Gaz

PS: On the whole though, they could be worse. At least they washed my car last time I had it in for the numerous recall fixes (exhaust tips etc.).

Quote:
    Gaz said:last time I had it in for the numerous recall fixes (exhaust tips etc.).

What recall fixes? Is this something all Boxsters should have been recalled for?

these are itmes for attention during servicing and not safety related (front air duct grilles, wind defelctor fit sticky foam pads etc) - you can call your OPC and find out what you have in the way of fixes due - its up to you whether to have them done early or at service

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    What has people's experience of servicing at OPC East London been?

Excellent in my personal experience over the last 3 years. Very rarely hear a bad word said about them.

Quote:
    percymon said:
    these are itmes for attention during servicing and not safety related (front air duct grilles, wind defelctor fit sticky foam pads etc) - you can call your OPC and find out what you have in the way of fixes due - its up to you whether to have them done early or at service

I have recently had my first service and nothing was mentioned - shouldnt they inform me of these things?

Not really Martin - the idea is they are minor and as such thwere is no need to tell the owner.

The power of internet forums means we now get to know about these things, whereas years ago these things happened without our knowledge. It wasn't unheard of for BMW to reload engine software with newer versions - no wonder people thought their car ran better after a service !!

Ok thanks, but Gaz mentioned 'recall fixes' which sounds a bit different to what you are describing

2 K ? for a regular service????
    jesus what did they do?

i thought a regular 20 k miles ( 30 k km) is around 800 euros?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689015 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408924 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255625 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234885 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65461 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4640 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857753 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773722 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM