Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Z06 vs. my '05 C2S

I just spent 3 days driving around a road course in Nevada with a '06 Z06. Fantastic car!!! I have been a diehard Porsche fan since my early teens and have owned a new C2S from the past two generations. I will be selling my C2S and buying a '07 Z06.
    Hate me yet?!
    Other than the interior(Porsche hasn't created a great one either), the Corvette hit me hard with its Porsche beating accelaration and balance in corners after long slow braking.
    Hate me more?!
    I always firmly believed I was buying the best car for the money with the Porsches. I am a driver not a poser. The performance and "The Ring" numbers are irrifutable regardless of our Porsche affinity. On paper it's a better car and from my recent track experience the Z06 gets to from point A to Point B, in a straight line or around any number of curves, faster.
    Sorry guys, but the overall picture favors the corvette.

Re: Z06 vs. my '05 C2S

yawn.

Hi, my name is Tony, and I'm a Pisces, and my favorite movie is Funny Girl, and I like to take long walks and go out for Starbucks, and sometimes I like to go online and arbitrarily troll on websites for no other reason but to stir up a meaningless and baseless argument....

If your primary concern is getting from point A to point B the fastest, then please, just jump out of a plane...

Your argument is about as 1-dimensional as Keanu Reeves' acting skills...

Both cars are great for what they are. We wouldn't hate you for preferring the Z06, we'd loathe you for being automotively dense...

(Of course, by virtue of my post I've taken the bait... )

Both are great cars and to each his own, good luck with your new ride.

It's not the Porsche I grow tired of, it's the local Porsche dealer

I may be forced to stop owning P cars just to eliminate that constant source of frustration and irritation.

I Hope Porsche NA is reading this! By the way, Leawood is in KC.

Quote:
    69bossnine said:
    Hi, my name is Tony, and I'm a Pisces, and my favorite movie is Funny Girl, and I like to take long walks and go out for Starbucks, and sometimes I like to go online and arbitrarily troll on websites for no other reason but to stir up a meaningless and baseless argument....

If your primary concern is getting from point A to point B the fastest, then please, just jump out of a plane...

Both cars are great for what they are. We wouldn't hate you for preferring the Z06, we'd loathe you for being automotively dense...

I love your comebacks!

Its not about point to point is it!? If you want that in a car then just buy a second hand Pounds20k 600hp toyota supra!

Alternatively, if you want the complete (and classy) package ..speed, handling and looks...then go for the porsche...

but as always...beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Sorry, there's a difference between Timex and Rolex where I come from. I'm sure both watches keep excellent time.

Year after year it's too bad the Corvette looks so overstyled and "Camero-like." If it had the ballsy, _clean_, intelligent body styling of Ferrari maybe I'd buy one. Really, the processed cheese GM looks (and engineering) ruin it for me.

Quote:
    Leawood911 said:

I may be forced to stop owning P cars just to eliminate that constant source of frustration and irritation.

And you think a GM dealer is better? Brace yourself!

Quote:
    ADias said:

LOL. Funny. Trying to avoid yet another conflict, the bill is thrown at the customers as the GM service manager runs in the opposite direction.

Here's a comp suggesting why excessive, overdone styling is seen as a virtue at GM. Like Disneyland, they will do anything to capture the popular imagination.

Quote:
    69bossnine said:

ppppppppppffffffffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttttt!! bwwhahhahaahahahahhahahahahahaa!

If the ZO6 was my thing the last move I'd be making right now was to buy the lazer disc, girly version just before the 650hp SS (Z07 whatever,zzz) car came out. Or if you're hurtin financially just wait a few months and pick up the outdated girly man version for 50% of what the guy who paid a PREMIUM over msrp paid a few months ago. LOL!!

Quote:
    69bossnine said:

69boss you are the best. However I don't think this one tops you discussion on car wax. I showed that to many of my friends, it was so funny.

Quote:
    ADias said:
    Quote:
    Leawood911 said:

Oh no. I am certain there are bad dealers everywhere. I just hate to pay that much to be screwed without a kiss. At least GM may give a budget screw which makes the owner feel less violated.

In the end I will move to find a new dealer than abondon my P-cars. Anyone have a good city/dealer they just love? US only please. Tell me about a good recent trip to the dealer - it would be a nice bedtime story for me and my nerves.

Cheers

Just to make it clear to those more sensitive than myself, I don't REALLY want anybody to jump from a plane.... (anticipating the eventual aghast "why would you wish death upon another human?" dealio...)

Bossman, your making me pee my pants at my desk :!

I don't seem to be able to find the post about the wax. Was that on this site, where is it???

Exactly what I expected from the rennteam forum. It's the only forum I read.
    I have the utmost repect for 69bossnine as a member, I'm sorry I turned out to be such a dissappointment. I was actually hoping to see your car collection in Florida some day. I quess an invitation is out of the question.
    Anyway, I'm still waiting for someone to substantiate their claims with facts rather than questionable opinions. Isn't GM's warrenty 5 yrs/ 100,000 vs. 3 yrs/ 36,000?

I think the 5 year / 100,000 mile thing is power train only, while Porsche's bumper to bumper is 48k miles / 4 years. Dunno what the bumper to bumper is for Chevy.

You don't know what the warranty on your own p-car is? lol You do realize that smells troll-ish.

Oh, and our local (Dallas) P-car dealers have excellent service departments. Miles of smiles.

original poster-You are unique in that you apparently enjoy the 'vette's marshmallow steering feel? First thing I noticed when I drove the C6... if Chevy would reverse-engineer the vette steering components/geometry using a 997, then they might have something!!! no thanks.

Funny Girl was a swell movie... NOT !!!

(As far as 69bossnine greatest hits, one that still cracks my corn is the "so you wunt to buy ALL of my goats?" reply from classified ad after some hooligan left his mate's cell number.)

Quote:
    rockhead said:
    Exactly what I expected from the rennteam forum. It's the only forum I read.
    I have the utmost repect for 69bossnine as a member, I'm sorry I turned out to be such a dissappointment. I was actually hoping to see your car collection in Florida some day. I quess an invitation is out of the question.
    Anyway, I'm still waiting for someone to substantiate their claims with facts rather than questionable opinions. Isn't GM's warrenty 5 yrs/ 100,000 vs. 3 yrs/ 36,000?

Substantiated claims with facts are:
    Fact: I like the way my Pcar looks, feels, and drives
    Fact: I drove a Z06, did not like it, dont blame me, I hated it, it was fast , so what.
    Fact: I could care less if a Z06 passes me and it costs less
    Fact: I am happy with my Pcar, even if any boy racer in any hopped up car blows my doors off, so what,
    Fact: if I had a Z06 I would not be happy, I want to be happy

Are those the facts your searching for, seems like your debating yourself now, and may not make the move. Bottom line, be happy with whatever you have, and dont quote specs, I could care less (unless your comparing johnsons - then it could be an issue)

FWIW, Here's some other "inspired" designs from GM.

Quote:
    rockhead said:

Substantiate their claim, such as the Porsche has a 4yr/48K warranty?

Yes the Z06 is a really great car. That is a no brainer. GM should be very proud of this wonderful machine. I would be happy to own one. However, I sure would not give up my Porsche just to own a Z06.

Quote:
    rockhead said:
    Fantastic car!!!
    ... accelaration and balance in corners .....
    ...performance and "The Ring" numbers are irrifutable
    ...Sorry guys, but the overall picture favors the corvette.

Here a picture of the Z in action at the "ring"
    Now maybe on a flat ,straight race course ...

Another great "performance "shot

Quote:
    Damian said:
    original poster-You are unique in that you apparently enjoy the 'vette's marshmallow steering feel? First thing I noticed when I drove the C6... if Chevy would reverse-engineer the vette steering components/geometry using a 997, then they might have something!!! no thanks.

Funny Girl was a swell movie... NOT !!!

(As far as 69bossnine greatest hits, one that still cracks my corn is the "so you wunt to buy ALL of my goats?" reply from classified ad after some hooligan left his mate's cell number.)

Dude, I totally forgot about that "marshmallow" steering feel. I remeber The Vettes from 1985 onward and I guess STILL to this day they have that fuzzy feeling. Anyone know why that is? Curious as to why GM makes it that way? What is it that makes it so fuzzy - and why would they have not changed it by now?

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Sorry, there's a difference between Timex and Rolex where I come from. I'm sure both watches keep excellent time.

Year after year it's too bad the Corvette looks so overstyled and "Camero-like." If it had the ballsy, _clean_, intelligent body styling of Ferrari maybe I'd buy one. Really, the processed cheese GM looks (and engineering) ruin it for me.

Well said

Numbers mean so little to car ownership. Whether its 0-60 or msrp. Once you own the car, it is the look, feel and sound. Nothing looks, sounds, or feels as good to me as my 928 and I'm happy.

So few on car boards seem to have found the same.

Anyone can manufacture a quick accelerating car with impressive numbers. If that's all that matters to you, you probably do not have the capacity to appreciate a 911 for all of its style, engineering, and pedigree. What matters, at others have suggested, is how the car makes you feel when you drive it. A 911 has a soul - a C6 is just another example of a mass-produced, poorly designed/ engineered American car, regardless of how fast it is proclaimed to be. The notion that a Camaro, I mean Corvette, can even be compared to a 911 on countless threads is preposterous to me.

Bottom line, be happy with whatever you have, and dont quote specs, I could care less (unless your comparing johnsons - then it could be an issue)

I couldn't agree more (comparing johnsons that's as good as boss69). Bottom line each person has different needs and what makes one happy may not make another happy. I have had many cars and my 997S finaly gives me what I meed. It really doesnt matter what amyone else thinks. If you have a big smile while driving it then thats your benchmark. Having said that,I am not sure what Rockhead intended in his post. Perhaps he was surprised my the outcome of his experience in the Z06 or perhaps he is trying to stirr up the 997 forum. In any case, my hope is everyone here is having a great time driving whatever car they own. The endless discussions about comparing this car to that car is just mental masturbation and does nothing to advance ones experience with these cars. I have driven cars that would blow away my 997 but hated the fact that the suspension was not well matched or I could see well or the shifting and clutching was just work. If you want to know what car is your car then do what Rockhead did and go drive it.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    690990 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410131 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256181 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235404 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65744 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858793 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775098 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM