Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

HELP!!!! Need to spec out an '08 TTCab

My local dealer just called me and told me to get him my specs ASAP for my TTCab! He said Porsche is starting to take "preliminary" orders for the first ones built. Here is what I want so far....please give me any helpful feedback in making this a GREAT car...but not overdoing it with options I wont get my money back on when I resell the car down the road:

2008 997 TT CAB
    -Cobalt Blue Exterior
    -Black top
    -Black full leather
    -6speed
    -sport chrono
    -PCCB ceramic brakes
    -adaptive sport seats
    -sport shifter
    -heated seats
    -NAV
    -LSD
    -thicker 3 spoke sport steering wheel
    -painted rocker panels
    -painted front lip spoiler
    -painter rear lower spoiler
    -aluminum shifter and hand brake
    -full leather center console
    -6 disc cd changer

Aftermarket ideas:
    -20 inch Tech Art wheels
    -Fabspeed exhaust

ANY OTHER "MUST HAVES" THAT I'M MISSING????? Or for that matter any critiques????

Thanks for the feedback! This is a great site!

Re: HELP!!!! Need to spec out an '08 TTCab

Congrats! Looks very good to me. You have all importants option for me. LSD, thicker steering wheel, PCCB, sport chrono, adaptive...

Oh just realizing that you're missing a must have option short shifter is a must.

great specs -it'll be some car!

personally, I'd put something other than an all black leather interior in a cab - cobalt blue looks awesome with sand beige or maybe the two tone black/sand beige leather. Also, I can assure you that those painted lips, spoilers, etc are going to get chewed up real fast - you really should protect them with clear film. If you want to spend some silly money - the illuminated door sills are way cool.

it's fun suggesting ways to spend YOUR money!

Re: great specs -it'll be some car!

very nice,...since you asked id bag the thicker porsche wheel for a variant of tech arts...by nav im assuming thats the "extended navigation module " that lets you chart your return when the roads arent on maps ? ...if thats the case id bag this also as the times you would actually use this in the tt must approach zero...if your going to be doing much driving the lower painted stuff will get trashed ...id also go for the illuminated sills as they do look great... cant go back and you probably already speced it..lsd...let the wait begin

Roadtrip is the extended navigation module a software or a hardware?! I mean can I place it on my car as well as a retrofitable option?

Nicely stuffed. Congrats..

Since it is MY08, don't you have any word on the powerkit availability ? Haven't RC and many others mentioned that the powerkit should come in summer ?

Quote:
    polo said:
    Congrats! Looks very good to me. You have all importants option for me. LSD, thicker steering wheel, PCCB, sport chrono, adaptive...

Oh just realizing that you're missing a must have option short shifter is a must.

The Sport Shifter is no longer a factory installed option--it is dealer installed (since this past fall).

Oh, 997turbocab, the order sounds nice, but I agree with the beige/black two-tone suggestion.

If you're going with the leather center console I'd suggest part number CDZ "gear lever trim in leather" and either the storage bin compartment w/ porsche or model logo on it (CUV). This will carry the stitching all the way from in front of the shifter boot to the back of the storage bin.

Quote:
    BSL said:
    Quote:
    polo said:

The Sport Shifter is no longer a factory installed option--it is dealer installed (since this past fall).

Oh, 997turbocab, the order sounds nice, but I agree with the beige/black two-tone suggestion.

Wrong, the SSK IS an option from the factory again, since January at least. If your sales guy told you otherwise he's full of *&^%!

Thats correct my car has a completion date of March 21st and the ssk is one of the options. Not to cut in on his thread, but when do you think the "start" date is anyone? St. Patties Day?
    If you don't like black interior with Cobalt Blue you could opt for the Natural Grey (which is almost black) and add a few leather goodies like: Lid for the center console with "turbo" logo, door finishers in leather,sun visors in leather, etc. I think it finishes off the car and gets rid of the cheap plastic sunvisors?

I thought your's was in April too, did they move you up?

Quote:
    C4S Surgeon said:
    I thought your's was in April too, did they move you up?

That's what I thought as well - Ermanno, 'fess up - did you get moved up?

On a similiar not, I saw someone post on 6speed who had the same 4/16 completition date as me received an e-mail on Friday that his car was pushed BACK a week!! This whole waiting thing has finally beat me down. I'm shot.

can you get that with the aluminum shifter and hand brake??

yes

Thanks for all the help! Any other carbon or alluminum options that are "must haves"? Or am I wasting my money looking at that stuff when it comes to resale value??

Quote:
    C4S Surgeon said:
    Quote:
    BSL said:

Wrong, the SSK IS an option from the factory again, since January at least. If your sales guy told you otherwise he's full of *&^%!

My bad, didn't realize it was moved back to a production option--didn't seem to be available when I placed my order at the end of November.

None of the carbon/aluminum will add anything at resale time. FWIW, I think the carbon on the 997TT looks very cheap in comparison to the 996 version. They sodomize you, jailhouse style, on those interior cosmetic options.

What about the backs of the ASS seats? They come with that disgusting plastic. Consider leather or painting them to match the exterior. I went with the leather.

Also, hardtop?

I would seriously reconsider the black interior. Cobalt is a beautiful color but the car will be substantially compromised with black interior. It will look awful.

I've never seen Cobalt with any other color than Black or Dark Grey. I think the car would loose its aggressive look with a light color interior...especially in a Turbo. Does anyone have any pics of Cobalt with other color variations???? Is the Black really that bad??? I thought it would set off nicely with the Cobalt??? What to do, what to do................

A lighter color would lend elegance to the car. The aggressive look is in the exterior with the Porsche badge and Turbo script. Black interior with the top down on a Cobalt exterior would be offensive to my eyes.

You might be able to get away with black if it was a coupe but even then it would not work. I am not familiar with Porsche interior colors but I am sure they have many available which would be more suitable than Black.

Hey it is your car which you will be paying over $150,000 for. Get what makes you happy.

Atomic's Cobalt Turbo has natural gray interior and it looks gorgeous. Natural gray looks almost black. He's got lots of pictures posted on this forum. (I think he's at the PDE now).

BTW, I spec'd my car that's on order with the leather seat backs for the ASS. I agree with Dan L -- the leather seat backs look a lot better than the plastic.

Quote:
    Dan L said:
    They come with that disgusting plastic. Consider leather or painting them to match the exterior. I went with the leather.

Standard Back of the seat material is it the same as the PCM material?

The leather back look nice, what about the PCM? Do you think the standard silver thing look fine or better to added leather or painted?

I really hope it looks fine, because I don't want to spend too much silly money for the interior.

I would choose black w/out any hesitation over any other color with cobalt...

I'd pick bicolor black/grey with cobalt. But black looks fine. In fact, it looks fine with almost all colors.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    A lighter color would lend elegance to the car. The aggressive look is in the exterior with the Porsche badge and Turbo script. Black interior with the top down on a Cobalt exterior would be offensive to my eyes.

You might be able to get away with black if it was a coupe but even then it would not work. I am not familiar with Porsche interior colors but I am sure they have many available which would be more suitable than Black.

Hey it is your car which you will be paying over $150,000 for. Get what makes you happy.

I think Beige would go along nicely with Cobalt.

Quote:
    997GT3RS said:
    Quote:
    Dan L said:
    They come with that disgusting plastic. Consider leather or painting them to match the exterior. I went with the leather.

Standard Back of the seat material is it the same as the PCM material?

The leather back look nice, what about the PCM? Do you think the standard silver thing look fine or better to added leather or painted?

I really hope it looks fine, because I don't want to spend too much silly money for the interior.

When you go with the ASS seats you wind up with the plastic back shells. If you step down a step on the seats you don't. I wouldn't bother changing the PCM surround with anything other than the default material. It doesn't show that much and if in leather you're going to be touching all those buttons repeatedly,--not great for leather.

The standard seats come with beautiful leather backs. The ASS seats, however, come with the plastic backs. I had been planning on ordering the standard seats. But then I sat in the ASS seats and, wow, they were comfortable. I didn't like the plastic backs, however. The dealer had a car with the ASS seats and leather backs and it looked fantastic. I really didn't want to spend the extra cash, but in a moment of weakness I went with ASS and leather backs.

My dealer is a pretty good size dealer and they haven't heard anything on TT cab. Anyways, I would drop the SS. Cobalt looks good on Caymen not TT. Whatever you do, don't make a mistake with the color.

Hey guys(Chris and C4S), just got to your posts. Well at first my salesrep told me May 23rd build date (about 2 months ago) I now have a March 21st completion date so still more or less the same. I will let you know if things change. All 3 of us will roughly get our cars the same time if you factor in the extra time to ship to the west coast.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764626 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436676 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261126 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258036 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82693 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5329 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877036 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809136 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM