Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

997 turbo cabrio

Hope it is not a repost....

Re: 997 turbo cabrio

Is it just me? Why does the 997 turbo look better as a cab? Usually it's just when the top is down that the cab looks better to me but even top up the car looks..........hard to describe, just looks damn good imho.

Kudos on the pic, thanks!

I disagree...I think the coupe looks much better...

Im afraid I think the same as STRADALE, the turbo just looks 'right' with the soft-top when IMO the C2/4s doesn't...

I agree with top down it looks much better and more in proportion.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Is it just me? Why does the 997 turbo look better as a cab? Usually it's just when the top is down that the cab looks better to me but even top up the car looks..........hard to describe, just looks damn good imho.

Well it has a better sense of occasion than the coupe but nevertheless it remains as CAR magazine described it as a frumpy retro joke.

Quote:
    ed_moree said:

Damn, this is my car. This car has to be black period.

My eyes have not gotten used to 996/997 cabs. I like the way the coupe looks better. 993, cab looks great; 996/997, not as good with that hunchback. By contrast, though, the 986/987 looks better as a roadster than as a coupe (Cayman).

It looks much better in dark colors....as nearly every Turbo does that I've seen. Hides some of the choppiness of the lines.

Nice pic. Glad to see canvas.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Well it has a better sense of occasion than the coupe but nevertheless it remains as CAR magazine described it as a frumpy retro joke.

Typical useless Nick. If I were an old man with a Ferrari I would be doing a lot more driving and a lot less writting pointless negative posts. You have to be the least mature guy I've ever seen on this forum.

Trip, when you get a job and can afford to buy a car, then you may have some standing to post. Until then, enjoy what I post and behave or I will send a PM to your father.

Was that a threat from big scary nberry (that rymed) . How do you know what I do for a living, what I drive, who my father is? By the way if you feel like sending him a pm why don't you ask him for a little race? I think I already know the outcome of that one. Okay, sorry for highjacking the thread, I'm done.

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    Quote:
    ed_moree said:

The black looks Sahhhhhhhhhweeeet! For the turbo cab the triple black w/ interior C.F......Oh yeah!!

Wish I had the balls to order another black Porsche, I'll almost certainly order the same Artic Silver that I have now. A pic of my last Black P-Car. I miss the black and thank God I don't have black all at the same time. Nothing looks as good as black freshly detailed. No doubt though for the turbo cab if you go that route I'll live vicariously through you!

Nice clean car there Stradale. My cab wil be exacly like the cab pictured above. Tripple black. It's bad ars September is so far way and then winter. Why the hell they are releasing a cab in september anyway!!!!

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    silverrules said:
    Quote:
    ed_moree said:

The black looks Sahhhhhhhhhweeeet! For the turbo cab the triple black w/ interior C.F......Oh yeah!!

Wish I had the balls to order another black Porsche, I'll almost certainly order the same Artic Silver that I have now. A pic of my last Black P-Car. I miss the black and thank God I don't have black all at the same time. Nothing looks as good as black freshly detailed. No doubt though for the turbo cab if you go that route I'll live vicariously through you!

Here Stradale:

Actually, I get the car back from my mechanic next week, upgraded to EVO/GIAC's GT700 package with ridiculous power and torque, a Sachs level 3 clutch, intercooler upgrade, plus internal mods., including more CF pieces, courtesy of Porsche and Bumperplugs-Eric, I promise pics once I get the car back and the weather turns-we could use some global warming now, the high today was 8 degrees Fahrenheit.

But next month with my Noble back from Florida with 600RWHP and the 996TSCab juiced up, I'll post pics of both here.

...better in blue

Glenn, that is one stunning Turbo man.

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    Nice clean car there Stradale. My cab wil be exacly like the cab pictured above. Tripple black. It's bad ars September is so far way and then winter. Why the hell they are releasing a cab in september anyway!!!!

Love the Tri-Black. That's all you Silver.

Not only that but where the hell is PDK? I read somewhere Porsche was having heat issues w/ the system causing it's delay. One of the tough decision's for me will be whether to take my dealer's 1st turbo cab as promised or to wait for PDK. The further into fall the more likely I will wait and perhaps go w/ a Spring 08, 08 M.Y. car and hope for PDK then. Dun no, all up in the air I guess.

Quote:
    Turbo Al said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    silverrules said:
    Quote:
    ed_moree said:

Here Stradale:

Actually, I get the car back from my mechanic next week, upgraded to EVO/GIAC's GT700 package with ridiculous power and torque, a Sachs level 3 clutch, intercooler upgrade, plus internal mods., including more CF pieces, courtesy of Porsche and Bumperplugs-Eric, I promise pics once I get the car back and the weather turns-we could use some global warming now, the high today was 8 degrees Fahrenheit.

But next month with my Noble back from Florida with 600RWHP and the 996TSCab juiced up, I'll post pics of both here.

Whew, sounds sick. Please pics when you get them back.

what happened to the 997 turbo cab intro at Geneva ?
    anybody have any information on intro date/month ?
    thanks

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    silverrules said:

Not only that but where the hell is PDK? I read somewhere Porsche was having heat issues w/ the system causing it's delay. One of the tough decision's for me will be whether to take my dealer's 1st turbo cab as promised or to wait for PDK. The further into fall the more likely I will wait and perhaps go w/ a Spring 08, 08 M.Y. car and hope for PDK then. Dun no, all up in the air I guess.

Stradale U too partient I read the same article about PDK and heath build up problem Porsche is facing with PDK. I proabbaly will stay aways from PDK for now. I agree the TT cab looks better than coup. I think the 99TT cab pictured above is dark blue not black.

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    silverrules said:

Stradale U too partient I read the same article about PDK and heath build up problem Porsche is facing with PDK. I proabbaly will stay aways from PDK for now. I agree the TT cab looks better than coup. I think the 99TT cab pictured above is dark blue not black.

If I didn't already have a car I'm really enjoying in the 997 S cab (cept the steel brakes of course) & my 430 I wouldn't be as patient regarding a turbo cab & waiting for PDK. For now I'm thinking my next Porsche will be the car I keep for a while so I want to make sure I get the exact options I want and would really love to have PDK. Of course that's what I'm thinking now while it's snowing & 10 degrees outside, once the turbo cab comes out and it's cab weather I may not feel as patient. Who knows................... Above the Blue one is Turbo Al's black turbo cab.

Gregg, seeing that you use your Porsche for commuting, I think waiting for PDK is a wise move...

Pictures witout any annoying text:

Rear:

Quote:
    temm said:
    Pictures witout any annoying text:

Well done, temm! Nice job!

Greetings

Damn, it looks good in black. Argggghhhh!!

Actually, it is Atlas Grey...

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

Damn! Atlas Grey looks good when it looks exactly like Black! Arggghhh!!

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

Damn! Atlas Grey looks good when it looks exactly like Black! Arggghhh!!

I agree! It is a great colour!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM