Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3

nberry:

Nick, your a different buyer. You own my high performance cars. Many buyers are ordering the car of their dreams for the first time because they can now afford to do so. Why should they wait a year or two for the car they want? 

I disagree that many early buyers buy the car to flip. No doubt some do but others like myself want the latest and greatest because I enjoy driving the latest car the manufacturer is offering. I don't make any money buying the latest cars and if anything I lose money when you compute the loss of investment dollars (I normally write check for the car). I invariable turn the car back to the dealer for resale.

BTW, I understand the problems PTS creates for a manufacturer. But again, it of their own making. Right now Porsche would be better off providing more colors to choose from and do away with PTS all together. The PTS program today is engendering anger and disgust not only from the buyers but also dealers. 

Why shouldn't they wait for a car spec-ed to their liking? It's not like just them that's waiting, long time customers all waited too and we already know how long the wait it.

Same with people buying Ferraris, most orders are at least a 6 month wait.

Rolls Royce could be 2 years wait. 

Waiting for a custom car is the norm. 

Hell I know people who spent 5 years waiting for a custom hotrod. 

If buyers doesn't want to wait, they can always pick up a new car on the lot and rive it away same day.

--

Whoopsy:
    nberry:

But why should Porsche get made at Eduardo. All he did was provide information about PTS which Porsche failed to do and did not want to do. As was pointed out in another post, a buyer buying a car of his dreams wants to select a color that meets his expectations. That isn't available to most buyers of Porsche today. A buyer like myself who is in and out of cars frequently doesn't place much emphasis on color because I don't become attached to cars. Others buy the car and have it buried with them. They should have better choices.

As I said, he decoded a process that Porsche doesn't quite want to be decoded. With him making the process more transparent, everyone and their mother are ordering PTS for GT cars and want them early to flip because of the perceived better investment grade car.

Doing a PTS car is not as simple as he is preaching, period. The logistic part is not good for Porsche's just-in-time manufacturing process. Body panels and trims are painted by outside contractors that may or may not match what the factory has painted and thus needed to be redone, delaying the build.

Different materials needed different primers and the paint may not show up the way it is suppose to be from the different primers. 

There is an approved list, but that list is for standard cars, GT cars might have used different material than regular cars and thus the above sentence. 

The problem is not with Porsche not giving out PTS cars, they do, but they will be towards the middle or end of the production run. The problem lies with people who wants the early cars AND with PTS to maximize early resale value. 

For people that are truly committed to a custom colour, why not wait a bit and let Porsche do their due process and get the car right? 

I could have had a early 911R, but I won't get black, so I move back toward the end of the run in order to get black and give me more time to negotiate on custom options. Ended up I still can't get them to paint my logo, so I had parts ordered the badge and paint it my way. The part took a long time to come btw. I want a car that's truly me and I don't mind waiting for it. And I ended up with one of the last 911R made. Yes I missed the early million dollar flips, but I couldn't care less as I am not buying the car to flip or to not lose money on. And I don't need to have the latest and greatest to 'show off'. I did want PTS on my 911R, Nero Daytona to be exact, I didn't get what I want but I am not losing sleep over it. Down the road when I stock up enough scratches and rock chips, I might have a body shop strip the car and paint it that color. Simple and easy enough. 

For the GT2RS, I had also asked to have a late production just to see what options might open up later on in the production cycle. 

On a side note, they just gave me confirmation that my Turbo S Exclusive will be going into production in January. And yes, I took the launch Golden Yellow, btw, Exclusive personal called the car the Golden Eye. (See, I don't just like black Smiley)  

Although of no consequence, I like your choice of the Turbo S Exclusive launch color, great color for the end run!

--

There's no accounting for taste....

Boxster Coupe GTS:

Singer Vehicle Design Announces Collaboration With Williams On High Performance And Light-Weighting Services

The Porsche 911 engine presented here is part of a stand-alone selection of restoration and modification services strongly oriented towards light-weighting and dynamic gains.

- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -

LOS ANGELES, August 8, 2017 – Singer Vehicle Design announces details of a new level of restoration and modification services commissioned by three of its clients for their air-cooled Porsche 911s. To meet the high-performance and light-weighting goals required for the restorations, Singer has undertaken a performance research study with Williams Advanced Engineering, part of Williams Grand Prix Engineering Group, and engaged the celebrated motorsports concern to engineer technical modifications and components for these restored and reimagined Porsche 911s.

The first fruit of this work is a modified, naturally aspirated, air-cooled, flat-six Porsche 911 engine with a 4.0L capacity, four-valves per cylinder and four cam-shafts, rated at 500HP.

The engine benefits from the additional insight and vast experience of famed engine designer and engineer, Hans Mezger, who is a technical consultant to the project.

The engine will power a 1990 Porsche 911 currently being restored for long-term Singer client, Scott Blattner.

The full spectrum of the enhancements provided by Williams Advanced Engineering and other technical partners will be unveiled in Scott’s restored, reimagined and reborn Porsche 911 in September.

Beginning with the Mezger-designed Porsche 3.6L engine from the 1990 911, the resulting specification is as follows:

• 500HP
    • Four-valve cylinder heads
    • Engine speed range extended beyond 9,000 rpm
    • Dual-oil circuits
    • Cylinders and pistons with titanium con-rods
    • Aluminum throttle bodies with carbon fiber trumpets
    • Upper and lower injectors for improved performance
    • A carbon fiber air-box with active multi-stage resonator chamber for mid-range torque optimization
    • Inconel and titanium exhaust system optimized for thermal performance
    • CFD optimized and enlarged engine cooling fan
    • Ram air induction system with pressure recovery in intake plenums
    • Lightweight materials, including titanium, magnesium and carbon fiber are used extensively to reduce component mass and vehicle weight.

As ever, Singer’s work is motivated by the desire to understand the perspectives and requirements of its clients and to present them uniquely personal restoration and modification services – always guided by the philosophy:  Everything is Important.

Rob Dickinson, Founder of Singer Vehicle Design, explained:

“Helping our clients realize their unique vision for a reimagined Porsche 911 with the help of automotive royalty is very much a privilege. Singer is delighted to be working with Williams Advanced Engineering and Hans Mezger to offer our clients a “next level” of restoration and modification services for their Porsche 911s.  With careful and dedicated development, this iconic air-cooled engine has much to give both its existing devotees and a generation of new enthusiasts.”

Dickinson stated that the full culmination of this exciting work with Williams and other technical partners will be revealed shortly and will represent a stand-alone selection of restoration and modification services strongly oriented towards light-weighting and dynamic gains.

Jonathan Williams, Williams Heritage Director, noted further:

“The Porsche 911 has long been a standard bearer in the worlds of racing and advanced engineering – two things that we care deeply about at Williams. As an admirer of the 911, I’m thrilled that we’re working with Singer and its clients on these restorations.”

Singer client and commissioning owner, Scott Blattner, provided additional context saying:

“My journey with Singer Vehicle Design began with the restoration of two coupes. In 2016 these were joined by my Targa, which recently ran in the famous Hill Climb at Goodwood Festival of Speed. I became intrigued by the possibility of further evolution and I’m very excited to be sharing the first details of the engine for my car.”

Paul McNamara, Technical Director, Williams Advanced Engineering added:

“This has been a fantastic opportunity to showcase the core capabilities of Williams Advanced Engineering. Having had the opportunity to consult with Hans Mezger – the “father” of the iconic air-cooled flat-six – about the development of the engine, our team was pleased to be able to provide a solution to Singer’s clients’ requirements and of course, to be a part of this iconic vehicle’s continued evolution.”

About Singer Vehicle Design

Singer Vehicle Design (Singer) restores and reimagines 1989 to 1994 Porsche 911s for its clients.  Singer does not manufacture or sell automobiles.

Singer is not sponsored, associated, approved, endorsed nor, in any way, affiliated with Porsche Cars North America, Inc., or Dr. Ing. h.c.F. Porsche, AG. The Porsche® name and crest and 911® are trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c.F. Porsche AG, and any other products mentioned are the trademarks of their respective holders. Any mention of trademarked names or other marks is for purpose of reference only.

The product of Singer’s painstaking effort is a Porsche 911 restored and reimagined by Singer.  Out of respect for Porsche, and to respect Porsche’s trademark rights, this incredible machine should never under any circumstances be referred to or described as a “Singer,” “Singer 911,” “Singer Porsche 911” or a “Porsche Singer 911,” or in any other manner that suggests that it is anything but a Porsche 911.

About Williams Advanced Engineering

Williams Advanced Engineering is the division of the Williams Group that harnesses Formula One derived technology and know-how to deliver highly innovative products and services to the motorsport, automotive, defence and healthcare sectors. Working in close collaboration with its customers, Williams Advanced Engineering helps meet the sustainability challenges of the 21st century and improve performance, with its expertise in aerodynamics and thermodynamics, electrification, advanced lightweight materials and vehicle integration.

#     #     #

Image Gallery...

Singer Press Release: http://singervehicledesign.com/singer-vehicle-design-announces-collaboration-with-williams-on-high-performance-and-light-weighting-services/

...how do you like them apples? Smiley

Smiley Smiley Smiley

My 911 would love this engine to be installed.  Better buy a lottery ticket...

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Nick, most Ferrari and RR owners have other high end cars. When I was buying Ferrari's, I would drive mine until the new came in. Many Porsche buyers of GT models are first time buyers of the model. Waiting two years or not be told when to expect the car since its PTS is unwarranted and not customer centric. 

BTW, I love the color you chose for the exclusive TT S. Glad you decided to get away from black.Smiley

--

"A man wrapped up in himself makes for a very small bundle."

I just called Singer and they won't sell me an engine - have to buy the whole car (option price to be revealed in a couple weeks).

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Grant:
    Boxster Coupe GTS:

Singer Vehicle Design Announces Collaboration With Williams On High Performance And Light-Weighting Services

The Porsche 911 engine presented here is part of a stand-alone selection of restoration and modification services strongly oriented towards light-weighting and dynamic gains.

- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -

LOS ANGELES, August 8, 2017 – Singer Vehicle Design announces details of a new level of restoration and modification services commissioned by three of its clients for their air-cooled Porsche 911s. To meet the high-performance and light-weighting goals required for the restorations, Singer has undertaken a performance research study with Williams Advanced Engineering, part of Williams Grand Prix Engineering Group, and engaged the celebrated motorsports concern to engineer technical modifications and components for these restored and reimagined Porsche 911s.

The first fruit of this work is a modified, naturally aspirated, air-cooled, flat-six Porsche 911 engine with a 4.0L capacity, four-valves per cylinder and four cam-shafts, rated at 500HP.

The engine benefits from the additional insight and vast experience of famed engine designer and engineer, Hans Mezger, who is a technical consultant to the project.

The engine will power a 1990 Porsche 911 currently being restored for long-term Singer client, Scott Blattner.

The full spectrum of the enhancements provided by Williams Advanced Engineering and other technical partners will be unveiled in Scott’s restored, reimagined and reborn Porsche 911 in September.

Beginning with the Mezger-designed Porsche 3.6L engine from the 1990 911, the resulting specification is as follows:

• 500HP
    • Four-valve cylinder heads
    • Engine speed range extended beyond 9,000 rpm
    • Dual-oil circuits
    • Cylinders and pistons with titanium con-rods
    • Aluminum throttle bodies with carbon fiber trumpets
    • Upper and lower injectors for improved performance
    • A carbon fiber air-box with active multi-stage resonator chamber for mid-range torque optimization
    • Inconel and titanium exhaust system optimized for thermal performance
    • CFD optimized and enlarged engine cooling fan
    • Ram air induction system with pressure recovery in intake plenums
    • Lightweight materials, including titanium, magnesium and carbon fiber are used extensively to reduce component mass and vehicle weight.

As ever, Singer’s work is motivated by the desire to understand the perspectives and requirements of its clients and to present them uniquely personal restoration and modification services – always guided by the philosophy:  Everything is Important.

Rob Dickinson, Founder of Singer Vehicle Design, explained:

“Helping our clients realize their unique vision for a reimagined Porsche 911 with the help of automotive royalty is very much a privilege. Singer is delighted to be working with Williams Advanced Engineering and Hans Mezger to offer our clients a “next level” of restoration and modification services for their Porsche 911s.  With careful and dedicated development, this iconic air-cooled engine has much to give both its existing devotees and a generation of new enthusiasts.”

Dickinson stated that the full culmination of this exciting work with Williams and other technical partners will be revealed shortly and will represent a stand-alone selection of restoration and modification services strongly oriented towards light-weighting and dynamic gains.

Jonathan Williams, Williams Heritage Director, noted further:

“The Porsche 911 has long been a standard bearer in the worlds of racing and advanced engineering – two things that we care deeply about at Williams. As an admirer of the 911, I’m thrilled that we’re working with Singer and its clients on these restorations.”

Singer client and commissioning owner, Scott Blattner, provided additional context saying:

“My journey with Singer Vehicle Design began with the restoration of two coupes. In 2016 these were joined by my Targa, which recently ran in the famous Hill Climb at Goodwood Festival of Speed. I became intrigued by the possibility of further evolution and I’m very excited to be sharing the first details of the engine for my car.”

Paul McNamara, Technical Director, Williams Advanced Engineering added:

“This has been a fantastic opportunity to showcase the core capabilities of Williams Advanced Engineering. Having had the opportunity to consult with Hans Mezger – the “father” of the iconic air-cooled flat-six – about the development of the engine, our team was pleased to be able to provide a solution to Singer’s clients’ requirements and of course, to be a part of this iconic vehicle’s continued evolution.”

About Singer Vehicle Design

Singer Vehicle Design (Singer) restores and reimagines 1989 to 1994 Porsche 911s for its clients.  Singer does not manufacture or sell automobiles.

Singer is not sponsored, associated, approved, endorsed nor, in any way, affiliated with Porsche Cars North America, Inc., or Dr. Ing. h.c.F. Porsche, AG. The Porsche® name and crest and 911® are trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c.F. Porsche AG, and any other products mentioned are the trademarks of their respective holders. Any mention of trademarked names or other marks is for purpose of reference only.

The product of Singer’s painstaking effort is a Porsche 911 restored and reimagined by Singer.  Out of respect for Porsche, and to respect Porsche’s trademark rights, this incredible machine should never under any circumstances be referred to or described as a “Singer,” “Singer 911,” “Singer Porsche 911” or a “Porsche Singer 911,” or in any other manner that suggests that it is anything but a Porsche 911.

About Williams Advanced Engineering

Williams Advanced Engineering is the division of the Williams Group that harnesses Formula One derived technology and know-how to deliver highly innovative products and services to the motorsport, automotive, defence and healthcare sectors. Working in close collaboration with its customers, Williams Advanced Engineering helps meet the sustainability challenges of the 21st century and improve performance, with its expertise in aerodynamics and thermodynamics, electrification, advanced lightweight materials and vehicle integration.

#     #     #

Image Gallery...

Singer Press Release: http://singervehicledesign.com/singer-vehicle-design-announces-collaboration-with-williams-on-high-performance-and-light-weighting-services/

...how do you like them apples? Smiley

Smiley Smiley Smiley

My 911 would love this engine to be installed.  Better buy a lottery ticket...

Pure art! Smiley

--

I cannot believe this whining about PTS for 2-3 pages.

Nobody needs a Porsche.  Yes, PTS is expensive, then don't order it and move on.

I never walk into a Ferrari and Lambo dealer and tell them their cars are too expensive.

My lawyer just did a few paperworks for my company reorganization, something very simple and straight forward, partial charge is already $5000 and not even half way through.

My painter just repaint all the white trims of my house and bill was over $10000... and it goes on. 

$10000 nowadays is not worth as much as we thought anymore.

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S

nberry:

Nick, most Ferrari and RR owners have other high end cars. When I was buying Ferrari's, I would drive mine until the new came in. Many Porsche buyers of GT models are first time buyers of the model. Waiting two years or not be told when to expect the car since its PTS is unwarranted and not customer centric. 

BTW, I love the color you chose for the exclusive TT S. Glad you decided to get away from black.Smiley

--

Not my first time straying from black, my GT3RS was in Lava Orange!Smiley

If those guys are first time buyers, they DON'T NEED PTS for their first GT Porsche, they could always buy what's available then order a proper PTS for their 2nd, trading in the first car when the later arrives. After all, GT cars aren't dropping in value as much as other regular Porsches. 

And it's not impossible for first timers to get a PTS car, Daniel ordered the first fashion grey 991 GT3, and that was his first GT car too. Porsche do work with customers. At times it's the dealers that doesn't want to or don't know what to do with the process. The sales guy don't remember his training, nor keep checking and updated with the back and forth process. Most dealers have had at least one PTS car came though, so it's not a foreign process to them. They new what to do when ordering PTS. The dealers are the one giving out allocations, they knew when the PTS windows will be, it's just that they don't want to swap around production slots for customers. Trust me, I know, many of my 918 friends are dealers and that's exactly what happened. The dealer thinks they have done enough to sell customer 'a' car at a 'reasonable' price, last thing they want is to devote more time on a done sale just to follow up on PTS stuff. 

But one thing is fore sure true, it's too much red tape. The communication between the dealer, and regional HQ like PCNA or Porsche Canada, and from them to Porsche Germany. There are many incompetent people in between. Every email would take at least 2 if not 3 days turnaround time. Say a communication comes out of Germany, it will arrive on the East coast at late afternoon/evening/night the day before, the East coast people then forward the message the next day to the dealer, say on the West coast, then the dealer contact the customer and the customer take a day or 1/2 day to decide and then send the return back to East Coast. Those people get it the next day and forward to Germany, and the Germans get that message a day after.  

I have had that many times during the 918 build and I got fed up and deal with Germany direct, cutting 2 days out of every decisions and expedite the process. 

--

Boxster Coupe GTS:

Smiley Smiley Smiley

As interesting as this is, it has nothing in common with the 991.2 GT3 and deserves its own thread. 

Gauss:

As interesting as this is, it has nothing in common with the 991.2 GT3 and deserves its own thread.  

Agree, but it has identical displacement, power, and redline as 991.2 GT3.  Maybe that's how it ended up here? Smiley

--

Tim, the difference is what you had done was necessary. PTS or PCCB's are option items that replace what the car is originally equipped with. Making you pay for PTS triple from what it was originally priced is nothing more than bend over and grab your ankles. But particularly galling is not only charging a customer triple but making him wait while holding his breath to find out if he should bend over.surprise

--

Whoopsy:
    nberry:

--

Not my first time straying from black, my GT3RS was in Lava Orange!Smiley

If those guys are first time buyers, they DON'T NEED PTS for their first GT Porsche, they could always buy what's available then order a proper PTS for their 2nd, trading in the first car when the later arrives. After all, GT cars aren't dropping in value as much as other regular Porsches. 

And it's not impossible for first timers to get a PTS car, Daniel ordered the first fashion grey 991 GT3, and that was his first GT car too. Porsche do work with customers. At times it's the dealers that doesn't want to or don't know what to do with the process. The sales guy don't remember his training, nor keep checking and updated with the back and forth process. Most dealers have had at least one PTS car came though, so it's not a foreign process to them. They new what to do when ordering PTS. The dealers are the one giving out allocations, they knew when the PTS windows will be, it's just that they don't want to swap around production slots for customers. Trust me, I know, many of my 918 friends are dealers and that's exactly what happened. The dealer thinks they have done enough to sell customer 'a' car at a 'reasonable' price, last thing they want is to devote more time on a done sale just to follow up on PTS stuff. 

But one thing is fore sure true, it's too much red tape. The communication between the dealer, and regional HQ like PCNA or Porsche Canada, and from them to Porsche Germany. There are many incompetent people in between. Every email would take at least 2 if not 3 days turnaround time. Say a communication comes out of Germany, it will arrive on the East coast at late afternoon/evening/night the day before, the East coast people then forward the message the next day to the dealer, say on the West coast, then the dealer contact the customer and the customer take a day or 1/2 day to decide and then send the return back to East Coast. Those people get it the next day and forward to Germany, and the Germans get that message a day after.  

I have had that many times during the 918 build and I got fed up and deal with Germany direct, cutting 2 days out of every decisions and expedite the process. 

I can't argue against what you wrote. We all agree that the PTS program is a mess and needs to be addressed by Porsche. Either fix it or get rid of it.Smiley

--

Guys anybody knows where I can find these Singer-Williams engine pics in high res? Much appreciated :)

--

Are these working for you?

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-technology/a11655046/singer-williams-engine/?src=nl&mag=rdt&list=nl_rdt_news&am...

--

SportCarGroup:
    Grant:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-technology/a11655046/singer-williams-engine/?src=nl&mag=rdt&list=nl_rdt_news&am...

Merci Smiley

‎De rien Smiley

--

nberry:

Tim, the difference is what you had done was necessary.

True and fair response Nick.

But judging from Nick's (Whoopsy) response, Porsche is charging more because it does not want to do it for everyone.

Sometimes when my patients asked me to type them a whatever letters that they want but I don't want to do, I will intentionally charge them more to compensate for my unwillingness to do it, or just to stop them from asking again.

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S

Grant:

WOW!

--

There's no accounting for taste....

Targa Tim:
    nberry:

Tim, the difference is what you had done was necessary.

True and fair response Nick.

But judging from Nick's (Whoopsy) response, Porsche is charging more because it does not want to do it for everyone.

Sometimes when my patients asked me to type them a whatever letters that they want but I don't want to do, I will intentionally charge them more to compensate for my unwillingness to do it, or just to stop them from asking again.

SmileySmileySmileySmiley 

--

Grant:

I just called Singer and they won't sell me an engine - have to buy the whole car (option price to be revealed in a couple weeks).

Its going to be eyewateringly expensive Smiley

Calexio on Rennlist said it's $1.6 MM with the car...

--

Grant:

Calexio on Rennlist said it's $1.6 MM with the car.

Yep. plus taxes

Its almost as bad as the charge for PTS.

--

crayphile:
    Grant:

Its going to be eyewateringly expensive Smiley

You could always buy a bare car with no option and just the engine Smiley

Skip the paint, carpet, leather, seats, seatbelt, wheels, tires, etc.

just take the body shell and the engine then unmount the engine to be put on display Smiley

--

Grant:

So your lottery ticket was a winner Smiley  Nice try !

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Gauss:
    RC:

Wraps are pretty good nowadays...many people underestimate the quality and color accuracy.

Wraps have become very good, that's true. But, you lose a lot of the gloss of the paint if you wrap it. The reflections are blurry and not sharp anymore.

There are new quality wraps (not sure they are already widely available on the market yet, I saw some samples at a wrap guy in Munich when I wanted to wrap my R8...but decided against it). They look like original metallic paint, quite impressive and they are available in matte flavors as well (which looked quite nice). The problem seems to be to maintain the shine and look of the paint because some owners don't read the instructions (according to that wrap company I visited).

I also love the possible designs you can achieve with wraps but what looks good on a GT3RS, looks pretty crappy on an Audi R8 (or Porsche 911). People need to choose their wraps and the color/design wisely. I've seen an old R8 with a metallic disco shiny blue wrap in my town and such colors/designs are probably the reason why the R8 gets a bad reputation. It just looked pathetic. Never have seen a 911 in this look, I am not surprised. Also, those camouflage colors wraps also look ridiculous on most cars, with the exception of some super cars or track tools maybe. 

My favorite color is still that matte green from Audi (R8) or that matte grey from Mercedes (both available as paints from the manufacturers) and you can get these colors in wraps. Not sure however they fit a GT3 well, I rather doubt it. The GT3 looks good in flashy colors, matte or not.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Christian, do you know if the Porsche Motorsport wraps they do on their racing cars (CUP, RSR, Lemans, etc.) are available for sale to customers?

the CUP wrap would be the only wrap I would consider for my GT3, but then I have to completely avoid city driving  but that's not a problem, since it will be my track toy anyway.

Gauss:

Christian, do you know if the Porsche Motorsport wraps they do on their racing cars (CUP, RSR, Lemans, etc.) are available for sale to customers?

the CUP wrap would be the only wrap I would consider for my GT3, but then I have to completely avoid city driving  but that's not a problem, since it will be my track toy anyway.

My dealer did it on a Cayenne and a Panamera just for show and test drives . Probably any good wrap company can replicate it . 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Gnil:
    Gauss:

My dealer did it on a Cayenne and a Panamera just for show and test drives . Probably any good wrap company can replicate it . 

Smiley A good wrap company only needs the design and they can replicate it.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

The one from the CUP is rather complex with graded colours and different fonts etc. I was hoping to get the original.

It's not a big deal though.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690123 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409525 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255872 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235111 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65609 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858274 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774440 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM