Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

2007 RENNteam Summer Drive - NY/NORTHEAST/CANADA

Hello everyone,

I know my name has changed on here from aj to JuanCarlos - reasons that merit a separate discussion but I am here to announce the 2007 RENNteam Summer Drive to Montreal, Canada!

Last year's first annual RENNteam summer drive to the Hamptons was a huge success - pictures can be found here:
    2006 RENNteam Summer Drive - New York Metro

I'd like to thank those who attended last year once again for making the trip what it was - a relaxing time with people that love Porsches. I'm sure most of you can still smell the salt water by the beach

I decided to change the destination for this year to allow us to meet an even larger group of people and other fellow Rennteamers that may have found the Hamptons to be too far (as those from New England have mentioned to me). Over the last few months I have been negotiating to reserve an entire luxury boutique hotel in Montreal's Old Port (a personal favorite of fellow Rennteamer Sato, as well as Moogle, Omeko3, and myself). This property is one of Conde Nast's Best. I have the entire hotel blocked off for the last weekend in July (same time as last year to accomodate end of school, family vacations, etc.) and us Rennteamers are the only ones that can make reservations for that date. We have until April to book our spots for July. After that deadline, the rooms will be released to the general public so, booking early is essential. We will have our own Porsche exclusive parking/exhibition. Montreal is a beautiful place to be during the summer time.

I am finalizing an itinerary as we speak. Please reply to this post on here and let me know if you are interested in coming. I'm 100% positive those from last year's drive are going again. Below, I have a list of Rennteamers from last year that you could PM that can speak about their experiences. Also, please PM me with any questions about this trip.

Best Regards,

AJ

Some (not all) of last year's members:

Sato
    nicholas j
    gmp
    Moogle
    Omeko3
    997Fan
    1st997
    DougNY
    Gah

2007 Details:

Date: Friday July 27 to Sunday July 29
    Itinerary: In final stages

Re: 2007 RENNteam Summer Drive - NY/NORTHEAST/CANA

AJ, thanks for organising this. It sounds great, and I hope I can make it. Will check the calendar...

I am in! Will meet you in Montreal

Re: 2007 RENNteam Summer Drive - NY/NORTHEAST/CANADA

Quote:
    JuanCarlos said:
    Hello everyone,

I know my name has changed on here from aj to JuanCarlos - reasons that merit a separate discussion but I am here to announce the 2007 RENNteam Summer Drive to Montreal, Canada!

Last year's first annual RENNteam summer drive to the Hamptons was a huge success - pictures can be found here:
    2006 RENNteam Summer Drive - New York Metro

I'd like to thank those who attended last year once again for making the trip what it was - a relaxing time with people that love Porsches. I'm sure most of you can still smell the salt water by the beach

I decided to change the destination for this year to allow us to meet an even larger group of people and other fellow Rennteamers that may have found the Hamptons to be too far (as those from New England have mentioned to me). Over the last few months I have been negotiating to reserve an entire luxury boutique hotel in Montreal's Old Port (a personal favorite of fellow Rennteamer Sato, as well as Moogle, Omeko3, and myself). This property is one of Conde Nast's Best. I have the entire hotel blocked off for the last weekend in July (same time as last year to accomodate end of school, family vacations, etc.) and us Rennteamers are the only ones that can make reservations for that date. We have until April to book our spots for July. After that deadline, the rooms will be released to the general public so, booking early is essential. We will have our own Porsche exclusive parking/exhibition. Montreal is a beautiful place to be during the summer time.

I am finalizing an itinerary as we speak. Please reply to this post on here and let me know if you are interested in coming. I'm 100% positive those from last year's drive are going again. Below, I have a list of Rennteamers from last year that you could PM that can speak about their experiences. Also, please PM me with any questions about this trip.

Best Regards,

AJ

Some (not all) of last year's members:

Sato
    nicholas j
    gmp
    Moogle
    Omeko3
    997Fan
    1st997
    DougNY
    Gah

2007 Details:

Date: Friday July 27 to Sunday July 29
    Itinerary: In final stages

I currently live in NY City but I'm originally from Toronto, Canada.

As a Harley Davidson owner, I've had the pleasure of going on many road trips all over the east coast. One of the most popular meeting destinations is Lake Placid (NY State). The roads are terrific, it's about a 5 hour drive from NY (vs 7-8 to Montreal) and no traffic to deal with. The town has several good hotels/resorts (incl. goal courses) and restaurants to choose from. The following are a few day trips we have made from there:
    1. Whiteface Mountain and surrounding area, which has some of the very best roads (and scenery) in the east coast.
    2. Vermont
    3. Lake George

Having been to Montreal many times, you would have to drive north, towards Mount Tremblant to reach nice roads - they have a nice track there, however. Finally, IMO Montreal is not what is was in the 80's. The roads are in bad shape and I now find it more quiet and less vibrant.

Anyway, I am interested in your gathering, will have my new Turbo by then.

You can PM me if you'd like to discuss my thoughts further.

Sounds great. Too bad it's not the F1 weekend. That's the weekend I drive there every year. 1400 miles, 18 hours nonstop. Montreal - one of the greates cities for F1!

You can have this years event on Mars...and we'll find a way. We are IN! If anyone wants to use our home for a quick stop...the door is open. Either send a PM or contact Juan Carlos...formerly AJ...but that's another story!

Count me in!

aj... I mean JuanCarlos (still trying to get used to your new name!), I am in!!!

I'd be interested. Keep me informed

JuanCarlos, count me IN! and I'm really looking forward to this one.

Quote:
    GG said:
    Count me in!

Garrett sorry, I forgot you were GG - gah was your e-mail...ha. Glad to have you on board again

I'm in

I was hoping you would show. Looking forward to seeing you again. I'm sure the wine will be much better!

Quote:
    nicholas j said:
    I was hoping you would show. Looking forward to seeing you again. I'm sure the wine will be much better!

Wine + foie gras ...cannot wait...

Thanks Nick! Looking forward to seeing you as well. I wonder, did you eventually add a silver/terracotta Boxster to the family?

No we didn't. She drove it and decided to keep the BMW. Oh well,I tried!

Quote:
    JuanCarlos said:
    Quote:
    nicholas j said:

If there is any left after your many trips closer to the altar

Quote:
    nicholas j said:
    Quote:
    JuanCarlos said:
    Quote:
    nicholas j said:

If there is any left after your many trips closer to the altar

The altar! We'll catch up soon...

Also, it would be good idea if we all had two way radios for every car as opposed to last year's trip....more details to come...

And a corkscrew!

We should be able to start booking at the hotel starting this week. I will keep you all informed.

Hotel Ready to take Reservations

I have sent an e-mail to last year's participants about our hotel accomodations. If you have not received it, please PM me and I will send it to you ASAP!

interested, but my GT3 wont be built till July(midnight blue, pccb brake option, xenon lights). so it won't be here yet. Is it cool to visit with you all? I live in Plattsburgh, NY, an hour from Montreal. I am new here, so excuse me for my ignorance if I display any.

My wife and I are looking forward to join you. Perhaps it would be a good idea to drive up to Mont Tremblant and rent this beautiful circuit up there for a few hot laps. What do think?
    Looking forward to meet you all finally.

Hi JuanCarlos,
    thank you for organising this great event. Please sent me the program. Thanks in advance.

I think you should include a track day or DE event at Tremblant. If you did, I might consider driving all the way out from Calgary!

Quote:
    Silver Bullet said:
    I think you should include a track day or DE event at Tremblant. If you did, I might consider driving all the way out from Calgary!

Caysim/Silver bullet,

I already looked into doing a track day at Tremblant, but every weekend up there during the summer is taken up by either the BMW driving school or PCA groups from across North America. There is a track in Ottawa that we could visit but their only availability is in the fall.

Another tricky thing with organizing a track day, since we would not be sanctioned, we'd have to find our own insurance coverage, etc. It's a possibility but it won't be for this July event. The July event is more a "show" - Rennteam Porsche drivers getting together, meeting others and so forth.

It really is going to be a great weekend, hopefully you can join us. I've been in Montreal this weekend so I'll send some info once I get to the office.

Best,

AJ

I left this tidbit of information out - there WILL be a lot of uh, "spirited" driving. The even last year was about 65/35 - a majority of the time spent driving and experiencing our cars.

For those of you that are interested in coming for the first time - we aren't going to just be sitting around looking at each other's cars all day. There will be plenty of opportunity to drive

Just made my reservation! Couldn't get A.J.'s old room. They were still cleaning the sheets.

Just made my reservation as well and they confirmed what you said... the room has been quarantined after Juan's last visit!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777566 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441834 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262825 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261034 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85306 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5603 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880718 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816129 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM