Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OMG....greatest collection ever!

"The cadillac is crap."

Man you must not have seen one up close or driven one. I had the pleasure of seeing XLR's being built in Kentucky and they are one heck of a car.

Maybe he just doesn't like Porsche and doesn't the old saying go "each to his own"?

Quote:
    racerx said:
    No need for name calling mike, I know i don't have any negative feelings for this guy and i doubt anyone else here does either.

We just don't like his cars too much. Just because something is rare or expensive does not necessarily make it desirable to everyone. I drive with a guy with a limited edition diablo often, i don't like it too much but i think the guy is a great guy.

I like or wouldn't mind owning a handful of cars includimg of course my 928. A lot of people may not want what i want, doesn't make them haters.

So what if the sultan of brunei owned the house, what does that mean?

For a guy with a ton of money (i assume) you still seem to put a lot of emphasis on it. (no hate, just an observation) cause i think you're ok too.

As an aside, a lot of people with a lot of money often didn't work so hard for it. I think most ditch diggers work harder than most Trumps.

Keep posting but don't take it personal.And for the record that guy i referenced, mag wheel, who i said has a nice collection stated he inherited his money, so no envy here.

I wouldn't put "haters" under name calling, if you misunderstood me I apologize.

Yes, magwheel is a hell of a nice guy. He posts often on the other forum I am on. He just acquired a SLR

Eric used to own a Turbo or a GT2 (can't remember which) it wasn't his cup of tea just as his collection of cars aren't yours. Each to his own.

Regarding the Trump remark... I disagree with you. Of course he doesn't work as hard as he used to (he works smart, not hard). He is also working less for a reason, he is reaping the fruits of his labour. I think back in his day he worked harder and longer than any of his employees did, that is why he is where he is today. Instead making negative assumptions, why not think and say "Hey, what can I do to what he did so that I can be in that position one day?"

I don't want to turn this into a debate, I just posted the pics so that everybody could appreciate them as much as I do just by looking at the photo's. Let's just leave it at that

Quote:
    Atzporsche said:
    he's got an increadible collection!! wow those 2/32 lambos...
    Mike S, i'd say your stable is as impressvie. Plus you enjoy them fully, give us beautiful shots of your beauties!
    keep up the work and i cant wait for you to have the LP640!
    How moch longer is the wait btw?

aaron

Hi aaron,

The LP640 will be here end of February! I can't wait either

Quote:
    racerx said:
    No need for name calling mike, I know i don't have any negative feelings for this guy and i doubt anyone else here does either.

We just don't like his cars too much. Just because something is rare or expensive does not necessarily make it desirable to everyone.

I should've worded my previous post and said "I don't like his collection that much." Personally, I don't like Hummers (just not my taste), some Lambos (because of their quality, or lack thereof), and I really don't think there's a need for 2 Phantoms AND a Maybach...

Quote:
    Adam R said:
    Quote:
    racerx said:

We just don't like his cars too much. Just because something is rare or expensive does not necessarily make it desirable to everyone.

I should've worded my previous post and said "I don't like his collection that much." Personally, I don't like Hummers (just not my taste), some Lambos (because of their quality, or lack thereof), and I really don't think there's a need for 2 Phantoms AND a Maybach...

He lives in 2 cities(hence the 2 Phantoms) and the Maybach is sometimes used to transport clients around.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Adam R said:
    Quote:
    racerx said:

He lives in 2 cities(hence the 2 Phantoms) and the Maybach is sometimes used to transport clients around.

I thought he needs the Maybach to collect one of his Rolls from the shop (remember, one RR is always at the shop).

Just kidding.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Atzporsche said:
    Mike S, i'd say your stable is as impressvie. Plus you enjoy them fully, give us beautiful shots of your beauties!

aaron

Hi aaron,

End of February? That can a be very, very looooong time.

Nice cars. Not all to my liking but, taste is subjective, so to each his own! A pity IMO that there are some less than generous comments here. I say "good luck to him and I hope he enjoys them"

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Adam R said:
    Quote:
    racerx said:

I thought he needs the Maybach to collect one of his Rolls from the shop (remember, one RR is always at the shop).

Just kidding.

Are they really that unreliable?

I'm quite amazed at how some take things way too seriously when someone says that he doesn't like something.

When I stated my above comment, I was only speaking for myself. I don't like his collection. If I had the money, I'd never buy the cars he owns. I'm not gonna say "WOW" and "how good his collection is" if I feel the complete opposite. Members should not take things so personal. The fact that he worked or inherited, that he lives in that house or another is irrelevent. It has nothing to do with it. You just like or don't like his collection, and that's it. If you cannot express your opinion, then something is really wrong on this forum.

Quote:
    amazon said:
    I'm quite amazed at how some take things way too seriously when someone says that he doesn't like something.

When I stated my above comment, I was only speaking for myself. I don't like his collection. If I had the money, I'd never buy the cars he owns. I'm not gonna say "WOW" and "how good his collection is" if I feel the complete opposite. Members should not take things so personal. The fact that he worked or inherited, that he lives in that house or another is irrelevent. It has nothing to do with it. You just like or don't like his collection, and that's it. If you cannot express your opinion, then something is really wrong on this forum.

Sure, but ever hear that saying "if you don't have something nice to say, rather don't say it". You don't walk up to somebody and tell them, "I think you are ugly, please go hide in some deep dark hole so I never have you see your face again". See my point of view?

Had you rather said "Not exactly my cup of tea. Thanks for sharing anyway." See what a world of difference that makes

Anyways, we're all 1 big happy family at Rennteam. Let's just drop this and go back to what we're all here for...a passion for cars

Quote:
    amazon said:

Those were my thoughts EXACTLY. I was going to suggest in my original post that everyone choose their own 5 car collection, money no object.

In that case, i doubt many would have chosen from the collection pictured here. Maybe an interesting thread that would show what people really like.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Regarding the Trump remark... I disagree with you. Of course he doesn't work as hard as he used to (he works smart, not hard). He is also working less for a reason, he is reaping the fruits of his labour. I think back in his day he worked harder and longer than any of his employees did, that is why he is where he is today. Instead making negative assumptions, why not think and say "Hey, what can I do to what he did so that I can be in that position one day?"

I don't want to turn this into a debate, I just posted the pics so that everybody could appreciate them as much as I do just by looking at the photo's. Let's just leave it at that

I am not a kid anymore Mike, I know a few things about the world including how a lot of people make money including trump.Trumps a joke, fred c. trump, usfl, shuttle, and bankruptcies, etc. I think better examples would be Larry Ellison or Steve Jobs.

The house comment came from me having just clicked over from an architects website and I care as much about architecture as I do cars.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Anyways, we're all 1 big happy family at Rennteam. Let's just drop this and go back to what we're all here for...a passion for cars

agreed

Quote:
    racerx said:
    Quote:
    amazon said:

Those were my thoughts EXACTLY. I was going to suggest in my original post that everyone choose their own 5 car collection, money no object.

In that case, i doubt many would have chosen from the collection pictured here. Maybe an interesting thread that would show what people really like.

Quote:
    Mike S said:

I am not a kid anymore Mike, I know a few things about the world including how a lot of people make money including trump.Trumps a joke, fred c. trump, usfl, shuttle, and bankruptcies, etc. I think better examples would be Larry Ellison or Steve Jobs.

The house comment came from me having just clicked over from an architects website and I care as much about architecture as I do cars.

Yeah the architecture of that house is quite bland. Like my father used to tell me "You need a beautiful woman to stand next to an ugly one to realise how ugly she really is!" (lol I know it's harsh, but true) In your case, the website with all those beautiful homes didn't help the house in the background much

I think even I did better in that department on my own and I have had no previous experience

Mike,

Gorgeous house! Have you seen anything in Southern California that is as nice?

Quote:
    Mike S said:

Sure, but ever hear that saying "if you don't have something nice to say, rather don't say it". You don't walk up to somebody and tell them, "I think you are ugly, please go hide in some deep dark hole so I never have you see your face again". See my point of view?

Had you rather said "Not exactly my cup of tea. Thanks for sharing anyway." See what a world of difference that makes

Yes, I get your point. I was a bit harsh, I confess. I'll choose my words with more care in the future.

Quote:
    Mike S said:

Mike your house is amazing, I absolutely adore the use of lighting on the brick work.. ive often admired it hiding in the background in so many of your car/garage photos!

But as for that guys car collection.....I think its vile! Where's the Mclaren f1? Wheres the Carrera Gt.. Whats he doing with those mass produced pieces of junk (refering to the Mercs and the caddies) when he can get hand made/ custom built cars from luxury coach builders like Bristol and even to an extent AM (Restored DB5 anyone?)

Don't get me wrong.. i don't own a single car half as good as any of his..but with the money I wouldnt buy a single one! (except for the Exige..and maybe 1 diablo...! Oh and in case anyone cares to differ... my word is law so ssshhh!

Mike, finally a pic of your home! I was so keen on seeing that, as I could only imagine how great it must look like from the pics of your garages.

All I can say is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

(I'm sure you have a guest room, I think I pop in for a fortnight )

Quote:
    Rossi said:

Take me instead of Rossi. I don't need a room, I'll sleep in the garage.

Quote:
    amazon said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:

Take us both, amazon takes the garage, I the guest room.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Adam R said:
    Quote:
    racerx said:

Just kidding.

Are they really that unreliable?

For as much as people spend on them I'd hope not!

Quote:
    jamesaug said:
    Mike your house is amazing, I absolutely adore the use of lighting on the brick work.. ive often admired it hiding in the background in so many of your car/garage photos!

But as for that guys car collection.....I think its vile! Where's the Mclaren f1? Wheres the Carrera Gt.. Whats he doing with those mass produced pieces of junk (refering to the Mercs and the caddies) when he can get hand made/ custom built cars from luxury coach builders like Bristol and even to an extent AM (Restored DB5 anyone?)

Don't get me wrong.. i don't own a single car half as good as any of his..but with the money I wouldnt buy a single one! (except for the Exige..and maybe 1 diablo...! Oh and in case anyone cares to differ... my word is law so ssshhh!

Agreed! Missing one or two classics!

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    amazon said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:

lol, I have 11 rooms all en-suite, plenty of space

That pic was taken of the entertainment area, jacuzzi and steam bath is there

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    amazon said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:

lol, I have 11 rooms all en-suite, plenty of space

That pic was taken of the entertainment area, jacuzzi and steam bath is there

You're very close to recieving a PM with my date and hour of arrival at Johannesburg airport

And more on the subject, respect to this eric guy for having reached such wealth on his own, I can only dream of being in his place...

BUT, if I'd be in his place, I know I'd have a better taste for cars

Quote:
    Porker said:
    You're very close to recieving a PM with my date and hour of arrival at Johannesburg airport

Don't bother too much, the time you'll send the PM, I'll already be nipping at my glass of South African red wine in the jacuzzi.

Quote:
    Porker said:
    And more on the subject, respect to this eric guy for having reached such wealth on his own, I can only dream of being in his place...

BUT, if I'd be in his place, I know I'd have a better taste for cars

As that would be one of them...

http://www.mobile.de/SIDwSj-SZdgzNFoJI26...1242577606&

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Atzporsche said:

aaron

Hi aaron,

I don't mean to be annoying or anything but tell us more about your LP640 order? What colour will it be?

Man im as excited as you are. Only 4 weeks!

Despite this is a "Car forum", I have to applause how nice is the design of yur house....specially, the stoney cover of the facades and the clay details...very "mediterranean")!

I love that type of stone in construction (I build houses ) and using it for my new one in Costa Brava....(already with "garage problems" )

Mike.....sincerely, congrats for such an enviroment! You have a really serious good taste!

Looking forward to see your Murci!

Thanks again for such nice pics!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    778898 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442185 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263057 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261337 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85573 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5778 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881030 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    817218 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM