Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

RENNTEAM meeting at Nordschleife ?

Hello everybody,

It is running in my head for some weeks and I now want to ask you if you think this interessant :

Why organizing a kind of Rennteam meeting event at Nurburgring when the good weather will come back ?
    I just think enjoyable to share a good sunday around the track ,and around a meal and one german beer ....

I just want to have your feeback. If some people interested, we can start to make a plan and organize something.

For sure, it will be also great to have our master RC if he is willing to come.
    I'm pretty sure it's a good opoortunity to gather european people together, to share our passion and also to see people we are so often speaking with without never having seen them.
    Obviously US people and others are also welcomed, but perhaps it's a long trip ....

Please add your contribution to this post and share your ideas.

All ideas welcomed !!!

Re: RENNTEAM meeting at Nordschleife ?

Thierry, I too have been toying with the idea of a meeting but on a more broadened scale and more tour based. There was lots of talk last year of a Rennteam gathering but that never happened. My plan is to have a meeting/tour of both Rennteam and Rennlist members since there is a good number of us located just within the Luxembourg/Belgium/Netherlands/Dusseldorf+Eifel, Germany area. Not only would it be a European crowd but I also have a good base of US personnel living here in Germany that are very much Porsche enthusiasts as well. What I am wanting to know is what is the distance people are willing to travel to show up for such a meeting/tour?

I think the problem with meeting at the 'Ring is that on a nice sunny day it gets very crowded and would be hard to accommodate a good number of people in trying to keep us and our cars all together. I'd be up more for a drive through the country side on some nice back roads with stops here and there along the way for whatever occasion arises.

A good example is member "JuanCarlos" who did a wonderful gathering last year and his '07 tour is already in the works: http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat...true#Post310726

A meeting sounds nice, the distance I will travel will be 350km. ( Holland ).

Greetz a 997 TT. driver.

Rennteam is already trying to organise a meet. Hang fire.

i'd be interested in a little tour, any guys want to get a convoy from the UK going to the meet it would be fun

Quote:
    ResB said:

Meeting where though? UK?

Quote:
    Silver_Surfer said:
    i'd be interested in a little tour, any guys want to get a convoy from the UK going to the meet it would be fun

I'm certainly up for it. Like I said earlier, it looks as though Rennteam are intending a meet to take place in the Summer. It would be great to meet you all.

Check this out: http://www.spa-francorchamps.be/en05/home/index.php

Notably:

"NEWS : Use the track during the works

The end of the track works will be plan for the middle of May if the winter weather condition will allow. By then, we will propose the possibility to use a part of the track

If you are interested, please could you contact us in order to establish a estimate regarding all your request (kind of activity, number of rental day, catering).

For more information, please contact by e-mail :

- luc.willems@spa-francorchamps.be
    - dany-toussaint@spa-francorchamps.be
    - frederic.flagothier@spa-francorchamps.be"

Maybe we can rent Spa for a day? That would be one hell of a day since it may be all our own unlike the 'Ring which would have crazy bikers.

Quote:
    harryo2b said:
    Quote:
    ResB said:

Meeting where though? UK?

Nah, Germany. I see you liked the Spa option.

Great idea...though Norschleife would be too crowded and complicated. If you want Francorchamps, I might be able to help. Let us know

Oliver,
    SPA!!! I think Spa is a bit better than Nuerburgring on a nice summer day since as you to have stated the 'Ring gets a bit too crowded. How can you help us out?

Would be really nice with a rennteam gathering on either Spa or Nordschleife... I have plans on visiting both tracks this summer with a bunch of Swedish friends who also are porsche-owners and enthusiasts... ... We will continue further to France and we're up for some spirited caravan-driving as well if there are such plans in the German/Swiss/France/Benelux-countries

Quote:
    Lukas said:
    Would be really nice with a rennteam gathering on either Spa or Nordschleife... I have plans on visiting both tracks this summer with a bunch of Swedish friends who also are porsche-owners and enthusiasts... ... We will continue further to France and we're up for some spirited caravan-driving as well if there are such plans in the German/Swiss/France/Benelux-countries

What a drive! Other than a meeting I am also looking into doing a "tour" or drive in this area as well since it provides lots of great roads and terrain for our cars.

I'm organising a public weekend trip to the Ring for 4th-7th May, for another forum that i run.

Would be great to meet some Rennteamers there.

G.

GlennMC, can you give us the details?

For Spa, I'm a member of the Porsche Francorchamps Club, which rents the track a few times a year. If enough people are interested, I can get in touch with the people to get informations.

Depending on the date, maybe i can welcome the english troops at the belgian coast; They have to pass nearby our place when driving from Calais.
    So maybe we can meet for coffee and then drive the other +/- 300km to Spa

Rather than just meeting up at the destination itself, why not give the option to those that want to to meet up at the coast and drive some of the way together. It's a lot of fun to share the same road in a Porsche convoy...believe me, it gets a lot of positive attention from car enthusiasts who see it pass by them...

Quote:
    oliver said:
    GlennMC, can you give us the details?

For Spa, I'm a member of the Porsche Francorchamps Club, which rents the track a few times a year. If enough people are interested, I can get in touch with the people to get informations.

What does everyone think of Spa? Oliver has offered some possible assistance. Of course I think we would need a nice number of participants to make it cost worthy so who is in?

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    Rather than just meeting up at the destination itself, why not give the option to those that want to to meet up at the coast and drive some of the way together. It's a lot of fun to share the same road in a Porsche convoy...believe me, it gets a lot of positive attention from car enthusiasts who see it pass by them...

This is my point exactly,a convoy from the UK over to the continent for the meet/tour would be great fun !

Quote:
    harryo2b said:
    What does everyone think of Spa? Oliver has offered some possible assistance. Of course I think we would need a nice number of participants to make it cost worthy so who is in?

Count me in - it's just a hop from Düsseldorf
    Actually I'd prefer Spa over the Ring, because I doubt that you can "rent" Nordschleife at reasonable costs and just to join the usual crowded "tourist drives" at the weekend is not my cup of tea. NBR GP-circuit would be another story, but then Spa offers the best of both worlds imo: very nice "natural" circuit without the disadvantages of NS.
    Also the surrounding (Ardennes) is beautiful (nice hilly country roads) and at least on par with the Eifel region
    Access via Motorway is excellent....and I like the famous Belgian fries
    Though one thought regarding the organisation of such an event: should it be organised as an DE (any instructors out there ?) to avoid any insurance problems
    And of course the earlier we would know the date for such a meeting, the better (I still have to decide which weekend to reserve for the Porsche Precision Training in Leipzig )

Thierry,

This is a great idea. The Ring would be nice since I never drove it yet. But I am also a great Spa-addict, where I could help for some track-driving introduction.

If we go for Spa you should know that there are works ongoing to prepara the track for this year's F1 Grand Prix. Availability of the track early in the year may be scarce.However, an option could also be to team up together during the upcoming Porsche Days in Spa. This year they will take place from 25 to 27 May. It's already a great Porsche Fiesta by itself and there's possibility for the brave and willing to track their car (I would recommend this. In my experience Porsche track-days are more civilised than the multi-brand ones ). The famous belgian frites are always abundantly available also .

spa and Nurbrugring ....the best ......

I'm very interested ! let me know

I think Spa can be also a evry good idea, much safer than Nordschleife.
    it's a great place to be, with very beautiful surroundings , and a lot of hotel accomodation.
    For sure renting the circuit for a whole day will be expeensive, so we need to have enough people involved to have a good price/person.
    I personnaly feel great with this option, I can also help on organizing , people from Belgium, and especailly olivier can help a lot by having still contact persons.
    Just for people who are reading this post,if you interested, please let some words.
    It will be easier to count at the end.
    No answer from our master RC.. Do you think he will be interested ? I will be very happy to meet him and explain how we are thankful to maintain a such excellent forum !!

As I said in earlier posts, we're thinking about a Rennteam meeting sometimes around June/July this year.
    I doubt that the Nordschleife would be a good idea because the Nordschleife isn't for everybody.
    A track like Hockenheim, maybe Boxberg (more of a testing ground) would be better for such a meeting, allowing even less skilled drivers to attend without being worried about safety.

RC, any details on what is in mind for the possible June/July meeting? General area of meeting?

Quote:
    harryo2b said:
    RC, any details on what is in mind for the possible June/July meeting? General area of meeting?

General area of meeting? I suppose somewhere in the Stuttgart area, plus/minus 60 km or so.

Quote:
    harryo2b said:

I guess even more important than the area (our P-cars will get us there fast anyway ) is the timing (to avoid date collisons with holiday plans etc.). Whatever the place may be - the best thing for sure is the possibility to personally meet up with as much fellow Rennteamers as possible and with RC and the mod team

Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:
    Quote:
    harryo2b said:

I guess even more important than the area (our P-cars will get us there fast anyway ) is the timing (to avoid date collisons with holiday plans etc.). Whatever the place may be - the best thing for sure is the possibility to personally meet up with as much fellow Rennteamers as possible and with RC and the mod team

True. Just wondering a happy medium for our far far away members in the UK, Italy, France/Spain.

As for time and planning the sooner we all know a weekend the sooner we can block it off specifically for "Rennteam Europe 2007"

Spa is poss the best GP circuit in the world.

The Ring is the most thrilling derestricted toll (read rollercoaster) road in the world, and then some.

They are about a 2hour drive apart.

Trackdays at Spa usually book up very early due to popular demand by us Brits...

Companies that go there are:
    RMA
    Autotrack
    Goldtrack.

I am there on 6th + 7th June with Autotrack, and will be with around 20+ other GT3 owners.
    We usually do the ring a few days before, but there are no public dates as of yet.

As said, a am organising a trip to the ring 4th-6th of May, let me know if any of you guys are out there then.

G.

Spa is poss the best GP circuit in the world.

The Ring is the most thrilling derestricted toll (read rollercoaster) road in the world, and then some.

They are about a 2hour drive apart.

Trackdays at Spa usually book up very early due to popular demand by us Brits...

Companies that go there are:
    RMA
    Autotrack
    Goldtrack.

I am there on 6th + 7th June with Autotrack, and will be with around 20+ other GT3 owners.
    We usually do the ring a few days before, but there are no public dates as of yet.

As said, a am organising a trip to the ring 4th-6th of May, let me know if any of you guys are out there then.

G.

Let me know, a few days before you go. Send me a mail:
    Joostbraam997@hotmail.com

I will be there at the ring.

997 Basalt / Black.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777207 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441699 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262779 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260951 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85223 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5568 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880655 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815942 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM