Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Tesla Model X Thread Closed

Alcantara for me. It's the only material that actually looks black. Fake leather stuff is fine as trim IMO. I don't really interact with it and looks fine to me

I'll get another black leather interior when car companies are actually able to make a black leather interior LOL. How many car companies actually sell truly black leather and not this dark grey shit?

I any case, my next interior with be white or cream or something light like that. Having it in the Toyota makes it feel way more spacious.

throt:
    Gnil:

I actually have friends who became vegan lately and they don't wear anything with leather anymore . They got rid of all their leather jackets, belts , shoes etc.... I couldn't believe it  yes

So, no more meetings at the ring with blue wearing full leathers Smiley Smiley Smiley....

I drive bare chested. Let the chest hair blow in the wind. You should try it. Once you grow chest hair. SmileySmiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

bluelines:
    throt:
    Gnil:

I actually have friends who became vegan lately and they don't wear anything with leather anymore . They got rid of all their leather jackets, belts , shoes etc.... I couldn't believe it  yes

So, no more meetings at the ring with blue wearing full leathers Smiley Smiley Smiley....

I drive bare chested. Let the chest hair blow in the wind. You should try it. Once you grow chest hair. SmileySmiley

What glue do you use , buddy...Smiley...Imaging that lovely Magnum edition wig blowing out of the window Smiley Smiley...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

bluelines:
    throt:
    Gnil:

pics or lie indecision

RC:

One of my friends is a well known professor for internal medicine in Bavaria. We recently talked about the "phenomenon" Gluten. Suddenly, everyone seems to be sensitive to Gluten. Smiley It has become viral.

Too true. Genuine coeliac disease is incredibly rare, but its an increasing fad to think that people are gluten sensitive .

crayphile:
    RC:

One of my friends is a well known professor for internal medicine in Bavaria. We recently talked about the "phenomenon" Gluten. Suddenly, everyone seems to be sensitive to Gluten. Smiley It has become viral.

Too true. Genuine coeliac disease is incredibly rare, but its an increasing fad to think that people are gluten sensitive .

A pharmacist I know has invested five(!) Mio. in a new "factory" (actually it is behind his new pharmacy) with homeopathic products. Funny: His sales volume so far with these products has been one Mio. per year. Smiley Anyway: He thinks that people will buy his stuff but I know how homeopathic products are made and... Smiley (like pissing in the ocean Smiley...great impact). 

Well, I guess I am too honest to do business with stuff like that, I cannot sell things I do not believe in. Probably makes me more dumb than honest but I can't help it. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:
    Well, I guess I am too honest to do business with stuff like that, I cannot sell things I do not believe in. Probably makes me more dumb than honest but I can't help it. Smiley

No  - just ethical - always best to be that way. Homeopathy is the best demonstration of placebo effect there has ever been. Incredible that  new drugs have such a high R&D cost and regulatory burden whilst people get away with charging money (and are praised ) for selling homeopathic "drugs".

RC:
    Anyway: He thinks that people will buy his stuff but I know how homeopathic products are made and... Smiley (like pissing in the ocean Smiley...great impact). 

I know it's just an expression but it's even worse than a piss in the ocean impact. Realising I may be going full nerd with this, but just an example:

If you fill a cup of water and you could hypothetically "paint" it's water molecules, say, red color to differentiate them from normal water molecules, and you would spill that cup in the oceans and hypothetically be able to mix those red water molecules perfectly evenly distributed among the oceans, then if you take the cup and pick up a cup of water from an oceans, statistically you would have at least one of those red water molecules in the cup along with the rest of the ocean water molecules. That is how small incredibly molecules are. Yet with homeopathy, the typical concentration of the active ingredient is so so so so so diluted that you typically go even way past Avogadro's number, hence statistically the is not even one molecule of the active ingredient remaining ... It's even worse than dumping a cup of piss in the ocean... 

Yet people don't stop to think and take it anyway. Takes two seconds to educate yourself about this yet... Never understood this. In the car off homeopathy it's so clear and cut. The only way you could still sure in favor is if you believe in vital force but that 19th century pseudoscientific tale has long been outgrown like caloric fluid or luminiferous aether theories...

And while some may say where is the harm then if it's completely inert?  the problem it's that if you are taking homeopathy many times you don't take the real medication because you are already taking homeopathy. Brilliant mail

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Just as a hint: Whenever we have expired homeopathic globuli, I take them and...use them. Not for medicinal reasons but for the taste (they taste good, like sugar and are a nice replacement for other sweets ). Why throw them out if they can serve a purpose? 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Gnil:

are they dead or alive? SmileySmileySmiley

I mean.... no leather, no shoes, no meat - must be 9 feet under!

No leather shoes ... vegan shoes yes !  Don t know how long they will last living like that , but for the moment they are pretty convinced of it. There is actually a market that could become very big with labeled " vegan "'stuff. 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

the supplement industry will love it heart

Gnil:

No leather shoes ... vegan shoes yes !  Don t know how long they will last living like that , but for the moment they are pretty convinced of it. There is actually a market that could become very big with labeled " vegan "'stuff. 

It shows that "marketing" works.

I have friends which changed to "Gluten free" food. Both are very much healthy, no problem not eating Gluten. Matter in fact, if you don't have an defect it is not healthy to eat Gluten free. However - those two are insisting that they feel better. I must be a placebo effect.

BjoernB:

I wish I would be that dishonest (or clever? Smiley) to make use of this trend. Smiley Smiley

--

RC:
    BjoernB:

I wish I would be that dishonest (or clever? Smiley) to make use of this trend. Smiley Smiley

When you have a good conscience, you are much happier this way than what earning any money that way can give you believe meSmileySmiley

--

RC:
    BjoernB:

What's wrong with giving people what they want  . If you had a whole section with vegan type supplements , foods, etc... you would very soon see that it would become a nice part of your turnover with probably much better margins . 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Gnil:
    RC:
    BjoernB:

What's wrong with giving people what they want  . If you had a whole section with vegan type supplements , foods, etc... you would very soon see that it would become a nice part of your turnover with probably much better margins . 

This is against everything I believe professionally, I cannot lie to people and I cannot sell them stuff I do not believe in. Like I said before, I may be too dumb for this business. Smiley

Luckily, I am too small for these kind of products, so I don't have to sell them. Smiley People usually buy on the internet or in specialized stores.

--

There's nothing dishonest about selling vegan food and supplements. Unless you're telling people it cures cancer and things that it doesn't do, it's nothing but giving people a product that they want for personal reasons.

The majority of all food has questionable claims and qualities. I think you'd be hard pressed, no pun intended, to even prove something like apple juice is healthy. Some will say it is, some will say there is too much sugar, some will say this, some will say that. I've looked at the apple juice labels, and it includes from more than "apples from trees".

As long as you don't hurt people, who cares? I saw some vegan dude competing in a powerlifting competition and it seemed like it was working out pretty damn well for him. It probably costs more and is a pain in the ass, but I'm pretty sure he was in better shape and healthier than 99.9999999% of people on the entire planet.

And from a personal standpoint, I can understand the desire not to consumer anything derived from animals given how inhumane they are treated.

Lars997:
    Gnil:

It shows that "marketing" works.

I have friends which changed to "Gluten free" food. Both are very much healthy, no problem not eating Gluten. Matter in fact, if you don't have an defect it is not healthy to eat Gluten free. However - those two are insisting that they feel better. I must be a placebo effect.

I think it would be near impossible to prove whether they are healthier or unhealthier with any scientific weight behind the results. "Health" is almost impossible to measure with any meaningful metric. You're either sick or you're not. 

Actually health is a spectrum and not an all or nothing deal like pregnancy, you can be more healthy or less healthy along a scale but not either you are sick or your not.

That said, I think what Christian is referring to is not about selling vegan products to vegans such as for example, vitamins who's capsule does not contain animal products. That is perfectly fine. He is talking for example about jumping on the gluten free fad train selling those products to people who are not intolerant to gluten and know no better and promote that tend which some people are capitalizing on the ignorance if those people o make a buck. Or selling homeopathic remedies to people knowing full well that they are useless and a fraud and just a placebo.

--

noone1:

There's nothing dishonest about selling vegan food and supplements. Unless you're telling people it cures cancer and things that it doesn't do, it's nothing but giving people a product that they want for personal reasons.

I agree but the problem is: In Germany, people who come to my business usually request a professional advice from me (probably the reason why I still exist in this competitive market). I cannot lie to people. When I finished pharmacy, the business was much less of a business but a service for people. I'm not kidding. Instead of crunching numbers all the time and looking for the best offers, I was actually helping people by talking to them, listening to them and giving them a good (hopefully) advice. Now it has become just a business, which is very sad.

The majority of all food has questionable claims and qualities. I think you'd be hard pressed, no pun intended, to even prove something like apple juice is healthy. Some will say it is, some will say there is too much sugar, some will say this, some will say that. I've looked at the apple juice labels, and it includes from more than "apples from trees".

As long as you don't hurt people, who cares? I saw some vegan dude competing in a powerlifting competition and it seemed like it was working out pretty damn well for him. It probably costs more and is a pain in the ass, but I'm pretty sure he was in better shape and healthier than 99.9999999% of people on the entire planet.

And from a personal standpoint, I can understand the desire not to consumer anything derived from animals given how inhumane they are treated.

I am not selling food but thats a different story. 

We talked about this before: 70% (maybe even more) is genetics. So there are people who lived their whole life "healthy" and died young at 50. Others drink and smoke and lead a very unhealthy lifestyle and die at 90. There is a reason behind this. People are different. Always.

--

I don't think you can be much more or less healthy unless you can actually define what it means. Some very basic things like weight, blood pressure, etc potentially could lead to problems, but I think you'd be hard pressed to prove two perfectly healthy people are more or less healthy than one another. "Potentially" is the keyword. It's completely unpredictable for the most part unless you are at the extremes or you have a known genetic sign.

My grandma is 97 and never exercised a day in her life. She doesn't diet. I argue she's had amazing good health all her life.

Every day, there is a new study saying you should drink wine or not drink wine, eat red meat or don't eat red meat. No matter what you do, they all conclude with increases and decreases in risks in a bunch of things. Pick your poison.

noone1:

I don't think you can be much more or less healthy unless you can actually define what it means. Some very basic things like weight, blood pressure, etc, but I think you'd be hard pressed to prove two perfectly healthy people are more or less healthy than one another.

My grandma is 97 and never exercised a day in her life. She doesn't diet. I argue she's had amazing good health all her life.

My father died at age 92, same thing. Unfortunately he developed Alzheimer's at age 87.

I never ate fruits or vegetables in my life, no kidding. Always hated this stuff. Never touched a salad in my life. I am 52 now and I'm perfectly healthy. Only taking 100 mg of Aspirin per day because it is recommended to keep your blood thin from a certain age on... No high blood pressure, no diabetes, nothing. I never worked out a lot, only doing stuff I like. I do not smoke or drink though, never did. Not even a beer. Also no drugs, ever.

Within my circle of friends, basically everyone at my age has a medical condition and most of them are doing lots of sports (actually often because of their medical condition). Genetics...you can't beat it.

Oh, here's a shocker for some of you: I am using Aspartame for over 30(!) years now. Sometimes I drink 3-4 liters of Aspartame sweetened sodas per day and I use at least 20-30 Aspartame tablets per day for sweetening my coffee.  I'd say that I am the best proof that it is safe. Smiley My wife uses Aspartame for over 20 years in slightly lower quantities. Same thing, she is as healthy as she can be (contrary to me, she works out at least one to two hours per day...she loves it). I hate fat food though, avoid it whenever I can. Also, I'm not a fan of sweet stuff like cakes or similar stuff. I love ice cream though.

--

Carlos from Spain:

https://electrek.co/2017/07/22/tesla-seat-options-now-vegan/

All "vegan"interiors now and can't even get leather interior option? 

Have you sat in a new tesla with Ultra White interior? That interior is actually quite amazing. Much softer, feels nicer than leather, wear excellent without creases, not sweaty in warm climate because the material breathe and if you didn't know you would actually rate it as more upmarket than leather. Now Tesla remove black and beige leather and replace them with the same material as used in the Ultra White seats.

The term "vegan" is also something made up by media. Tesla don't market the term "vegan"-seats. The interiors are just called premium black, premium white, etc.

Heres some more info about the material:
    https://www.ultrafabricsllc.com

The rest of the automotive industry will follow, but it will take a few years.

noone1:

I don't think you can be much more or less healthy unless you can actually define what it means. Some very basic things like weight, blood pressure, etc potentially could lead to problems, but I think you'd be hard pressed to prove two perfectly healthy people are more or less healthy than one another. "Potentially" is the keyword. It's completely unpredictable for the most part unless you are at the extremes or you have a known genetic sign.

In such a complex system like the human body you can't quantify health in isolated factors, you have to look at it in a more holistic way, think of the weather, there is no good weather and bad weather, there is better weather and worse weather along a scale with many overlapping weather patterns and different combinations of factors, same with defining the term health and of course it's very difficult to objectively quantify for that reason.

--

lukestern:
    Carlos from Spain:

Have you sat in a new tesla with Ultra White interior? That interior is actually quite amazing. Much softer, feels nicer than leather, wear excellent without creases, not sweaty in warm climate because the material breathe and if you didn't know you would actually rate it as more upmarket than leather. Now Tesla remove black and beige leather and replace them with the same material as used in the Ultra White seats.

The term "vegan" is also something made up by media. Tesla don't market the term "vegan"-seats. The interiors are just called premium black, premium white, etc.

Musk has you eating right out of his hand Luke Smiley

--

Carlos from Spain:
    lukestern:
    Carlos from Spain:

Musk has you eating right out of his hand Luke Smiley

Not at all. Just happen to prefer new inventions and open minded for changes to the better SmileySmiley

indecision wink

--

Carlos from Spain:

indecision wink

Smiley

One thing though that might be of interest even in sports cars is that the weight of this ultrafabric material is 33% lighter than leather. Porsche should look into this, they can shave off 15kg in a GT-car. That's better than the sticker on the bonnet Smiley

But seriously, if you happen to be close to a Tesla store pop in and see if they have a demo car with the Ultra White seats and try them out. You might be in for a surprise Smiley

lukestern:
    Carlos from Spain:

indecision wink

Smiley

One thing though that might be of interest even in sports cars is that the weight of this ultrafabric material is 33% lighter than leather. Porsche should look into this, they can shave off 15kg in a GT-car. That's better than the sticker on the bonnet Smiley

One word regarding GT car... AlcantaraSmiley

But seriously, if you happen to be close to a Tesla store pop in and see if they have a demo car with the Ultra White seats and try them out. You might be in for a surprise Smiley

Only if you assure that they won't grab me and implant some chip device in my brain to brainwash me and become another Teslarite Smiley Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764754 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436773 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261165 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258065 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82701 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5331 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877113 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809259 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM