Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 996 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 871 RWHP Turbo

with my rspect marksiki ... maybe i was wrong in some points ... for that reason i will read more about your car in details , after that i will honestly say my openion ... for now , i will hold my posts until i have a full idea about your car ... and i will not feel ashamed to say (i was wrong ) ... because its not a fight as "someone says" ...

Hey Markski
    Nice numbers -thanks for sharing
    I hope that height scale is set in feet and not metres otherwise that is a nice slope !
    Your gearchange on that run is even worse than some of mine -you can pick up another couple of tenths there

Quote:
    TB993tt said:
    Hey Markski
    Nice numbers -thanks for sharing
    I hope that height scale is set in feet and not metres otherwise that is a nice slope !
    Your gearchange on that run is even worse than some of mine -you can pick up another couple of tenths there

Im awaiting my billet axles... so I'm easy on the shifts( no powershifting).
    I have some better looking 60 to 130s... but this one happened to be so far the best ET.
    its so cold here that I can not even turn the boost controller ON... so IM just running on .8 bar springs...
    anyone interested in my build.. fell free to PM me.. I have some really neat pics...
    This car is a one off and some of the R&D that went into it is first of it's kind.
    Todd Knighton the builder programs many Euro tuner ECUs as well....
    I will be doing 0 to 300 km, 1/4 mile, etc... all in spring time...
    bets to all,
    markski
    more pics...

Quote:
    turbo_S said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    cjv said:
    Sure ........... I'll ship her over there. Killer Angel would love to see Kuwait. If by my extreme luck she beats your 996tt on the highway ........... you pay my costs over and back. Who knows, you may get lucky.

You might look into KA's tranny, clutch, gearing, LSD and suspension. Hint: first gear @ 9200 is well over 70 mph (3.16-1). You can use your imagination after that.

Chad, I didn't know you could only afford a vacation by allowing another forum member to pay for it .

Really, turbo_S, if you take up on his offer, you might as well book him a suite and free cocktails. A hint: Chad's car did the quarter mile in the low 11s at almost 127 mph, at some insanely hot ambient temperature - and the car wasn't even running properly (that was several years ago and it also had half the horsepower it has now ).

"and the car wasn't even running properly " .... do you think its something new !!!!

my car in ooooonly tiny modefications got the same time ,, ( im realy scared )

turbo_s,

I realize that betting is against you religion. I respect that. I would think it fair for you to pay the costs of my trouble to prove your undocumentated statement wrong....No? That is why I didn't put a dollar amount on it. You appeared to be saying that American technology can't hold a candle to the 9ff or German technology. I happen to strongly disagree with your statement. I believe you to be incorrect. One way to prove yourself correct is to have a shootout or "highway run" as you care to call it. You as an individual made a clear statement. I didn't make that statement. I believe you happen to be incorrect. Maybe I'm the one who is incorrect? I am asking you to pay my costs (shipping, plane fare, room and board) if you are incorrect. If you are correct, then I will pay my own costs. If you would like to come over here. we would be happy to make the same offer to you. We can't just make statements and hide behind an ocean........ or maybe we can.

I know many people over here would love to see your monster 9ff car run with, VRAlexander, Markski, myself etc. who have Protomotive and Protomotive/S Car Go Racing built cars. In addition there would be no lack of EVOMS and Imagine Auto Cars that would also like to meet you. The fans of the above camps believe their tunner/engine builders to be the best.

To tell you the truth, myself and others have tried to arrange just such a get together, but we can't seem to get the tuners you are talking about to participate. I am not knocking the European tuners. I have alot of respect for many of them. I don't believe you should be knocking the American tuners. I took what you said as knocking (disrespect), I (along with many others here in the states) would simply like to see you back up what you are saying, apologize or say that we misunderstood your statements.

If you don't want to accept our offer .......... I understand.

As for my times, I am not claiming any times. Others have seen or heard about her (KA). The claims are theirs. She may or may not be one of the fastest. I really didn't design KA for the quarter mile. But she is respectable. Your highway run or a track idea is much more to my liking.

BTW guys, although gambling/betting is forbidden in Islam, what cjv has in mind is not strictly speaking a reciprocal bet.

For this to be a reciprocal bet, there needs to be a risk of both gain or loss ON BOTH SIDES dependent upon an uncertain outcome/event.

The way I read this is as follows: cjv offers to pay his own expenses if his car is slower but that turbo_s would agree to pay these expenses if cjv's car is quicker.

There appears to be nothing in this proposed arrangement to indicate that cjv might pay turbo_s's expenses if cjv's car is slower.

As such, although cjv is indeed taking a gamble (since he may either have to pay his expenses or not), turbo_s does not stand to gain anything. He can only be in the same position as before (i.e. he pays nothing) or he has to pay for cjv's expenses. He cannot win anything. I see this as being identical to an indemnity or an insurance policy. If I may explain: turbo_s is effectively covering/indemnifying/insuring against cjv's losses in the event that cjv's car is quicker.

NB: insurance contracts and indemnities are lawful in Islam. There is an abundance of Islamic scholarship to support this in 'usul-ul-fiqh' (Islamic jurisprudence).

As such, there is only a bet on one side (cjv) while turbo_s is only providing an indemnity/insurance policy (which is lawful for him).

BTW the crucial issue to understand is that it's not the uncertain outcome of the race that makes this a bet but instead, it's the financial risk undertaken by either side that means this is not a reciprocal bet.

turbo_s: I assume you are Sunni. As a Kuwaiti, are you Maliki, Hanbali or Wahhabi? Anyway, this doesn't affect the Islamic legal analysis.

(Just so that you know. I'm Muslim too (Sunni Hanafi fiqh). I'm an English lawyer who has also studied the Shariah extensively. I don't actively practice Islam anymore. IMHO it's full of hypocrisy, insults my intelligence and is usually misinterpreted by its adherents for whom moderation has been replaced with fanaticism. I would rather not associate myself with such people).

Anyway, cjv, I hope my explanation shows that on this occasion, turbo_s is not entitled to shelter behind religion from this challenge. If he wants to refuse the challenge, then that of course is his choice but it would have to be for other reasons.

Sorry if the lawyer in me has intermeddled in this gentlemen's challenge. It's just that, as a lawyer, I'm trained to analyse things like this and to find crucial distinctions.

I really don't like how this thread evolved...and especially I don't like the remarks about using F-15s in order to show how advanced a nation is...and all these leads us to where??? to nowhere of course...and I certainly don't like that thread on the other forum...I find it unacceptable and in total lack of respect towards the human personality...every person is entitled to his opinion as long as they don't offend someone else...

I could go on talking for hours on seriously modified cars but I'm gonna say this...someone said it wasn't running properly...frankly, this kind of cars work as they should only for brief moments because there's always something that seems not to be working properly...

anyway, I wish for this fight to end and this topic evolves as all other rennteam topics, that is without any fights...and we're all waiting for the videos from our two members with great anticipation

here is a link for my 8200 rpm pulls... enjoy
    markski

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YGYLGe15vQ

Quote:
    MarcusRay said:
    I really don't like how this thread evolved...and especially I don't like the remarks about using F-15s in order to show how advanced a nation is...and all these leads us to where??? to nowhere of course...and I certainly don't like that thread on the other forum...I find it unacceptable and in total lack of respect towards the human personality...every person is entitled to his opinion as long as they don't offend someone else...

I could go on talking for hours on seriously modified cars but I'm gonna say this...someone said it wasn't running properly...frankly, this kind of cars work as they should only for brief moments because there's always something that seems not to be working properly...

anyway, I wish for this fight to end and this topic evolves as all other rennteam topics, that is without any fights...and we're all waiting for the videos from our two members with great anticipation

What's wrong with a jet waking someone up at 3AM? Some people are so touchy it's just incredible. I wonder what would have happened if I had mentioned Turkish F-16s ? Just kidding of course.

And with regards to the car not working properly - he was still BUILDING the components at the time and testing different setups. You can be sure that his car is virtually bulletproof right now (for all intents and purposes he will be using it for).

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    BTW guys, although gambling/betting is forbidden in Islam, what cjv has in mind is not strictly speaking a reciprocal bet.

For this to be a reciprocal bet, there needs to be a risk of both gain or loss ON BOTH SIDES dependent upon an uncertain outcome/event.

The way I read this is as follows: cjv offers to pay his own expenses if his car is slower but that turbo_s would agree to pay these expenses if cjv's car is quicker.

There appears to be nothing in this proposed arrangement to indicate that cjv might pay turbo_s's expenses if cjv's car is slower.

As such, although cjv is indeed taking a gamble (since he may either have to pay his expenses or not), turbo_s does not stand to gain anything. He can only be in the same position as before (i.e. he pays nothing) or he has to pay for cjv's expenses. He cannot win anything. I see this as being identical to an indemnity or an insurance policy. If I may explain: turbo_s is effectively covering/indemnifying/insuring against cjv's losses in the event that cjv's car is quicker.

NB: insurance contracts and indemnities are lawful in Islam. There is an abundance of Islamic scholarship to support this in 'usul-ul-fiqh' (Islamic jurisprudence).

As such, there is only a bet on one side (cjv) while turbo_s is only providing an indemnity/insurance policy (which is lawful for him).

BTW the crucial issue to understand is that it's not the uncertain outcome of the race that makes this a bet but instead, it's the financial risk undertaken by either side that means this is not a reciprocal bet.

turbo_s: I assume you are Sunni. As a Kuwaiti, are you Maliki, Hanbali or Wahhabi? Anyway, this doesn't affect the Islamic legal analysis.

(Just so that you know. I'm Muslim too (Sunni Hanafi fiqh). I'm an English lawyer who has also studied the Shariah extensively. I don't actively practice Islam anymore. IMHO it's full of hypocrisy, insults my intelligence and is usually misinterpreted by its adherents for whom moderation has been replaced with fanaticism. I would rather not associate myself with such people).

Anyway, cjv, I hope my explanation shows that on this occasion, turbo_s is not entitled to shelter behind religion from this challenge. If he wants to refuse the challenge, then that of course is his choice but it would have to be for other reasons.

Sorry if the lawyer in me has intermeddled in this gentlemen's challenge. It's just that, as a lawyer, I'm trained to analyse things like this and to find crucial distinctions.

completely right , after reading it again , the forbidden thing is simply like that : ( if cjv win , i should pay him his expenses and at the same time if i win he should pay me my expenses ) .. "and that what i thought" .. im not sheltering behind my religion , there was misunderstanding ... i didnt refuse the challenge when i said its forbidden in my religion , i`ve suggested to have a race with equal car in US , and the reason was that thing doesnt worth shipping a car from US to kuwait or viseversa . its not big as that .

i prefere that you save your time for solving problems not making problems ... this problem was solved already , i`ve showed my respect to markski and told him that i was wrong when i compared a 750 hp with his car , and thats it .

if you`ve studied "USUL AL FIQH" , you should know that most of kuwaities following "al shafie" .

Hmm... From what I understand cjv flies there at his own expense. If he wins, you pay for his expenses, if he loses, he pays for it. It's fair, because he doesn't really gain anything financially.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Hmm... From what I understand cjv flies there at his own expense. If he wins, you pay for his expenses, if he loses, he pays for it. It's fair, because he doesn't really gain anything financially.

every thing is fair in islam ... but the image of islam in most of europ countries and america damaged by those terrorists , they dont represent islam , the prove is that they are also destroying muslims lands and killing muslims ! ... islam is the relegion of peace and fair ... thousands of american soldiers in kuwait becomes muslims , because they saw the real image of islam .. try to read about it "from the right place" , even just for your knowledge .

here is my 100 to 200 Km.. Ill get the 100 to 300 Km as soon as weather permits me...

Quote:
    markski said:
    here is my 100 to 200 Km.. Ill get the 100 to 300 Km as soon as weather permits me...

Markski,

Welcome and good to see you post over here. I lurk on 6speed alot but post more here. My 996TTS is moving from an EVO4 to a GT700, but perhaps when my warranty is done (2009), another (giant) leap to 871RWHP sounds fascinating.

BTW, have you clocked any quarters yet for public consumption?

Al

turbo Al,
    thanks for the kind words...
    as you know the weather sucks... it has not been snowing but its freezing and damp... I try to get the ca rout every time its above 40...
    I just got it 4 weeks ago so Im getting used to it... I did run some High boost runs...
    1/4 mile times coming in spring...
    I really want to go out and do 100 to 300 Km at least in low boost....
    markski

Quote:
    MarcusRay said:
    I really don't like how this thread evolved...and especially I don't like the remarks about using F-15s in order to show how advanced a nation is...and all these leads us to where??? to nowhere of course...

I would like to jump in a little bit.
    Read this link, guys: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69230

In my opinion, this isn't acceptable and I wonder why the 6Speedonline Admin doesn't delete it.
    It is one thing to discuss cars, no matter what opinion someone has but another one to directly insult somebody for his opinion. I faced such insults myself in the past, just for questioning certain things, so I know what I'm talking about.

Let's stay civilized, if we can afford such great cars, one could assume that our education is at a high level accordingly.

RC,
    with al due respect... I think both sides are guilty... I purposely posted my dynos and other data to prove that this car is for real. Unfortunatly people say things they should not. Notice that it is my car everyone is talking about and yet not even one bad word came out of my mouth... even though it was questionable because it was American built. .. and that's how this thread really started... questioning the HP of my car and comparing it to RUff and or German HP...
    In any event.. I dont take things personally.. I have nothing to prove...
    I am as European as anyone of you.. I was born in Europe.
    Unfortunately people said things they should have not...
    hopefully I will be welcomed on this board so I can further share my car with the members...
    best,
    markski

dear markski ,

i will comment after reading the details ... If you check the dyno print out and have a look to the power curves you
    will see that all 3 lines are absolutely parallel . This means it is made on
    the computer. You have never absolutely parallel curves. You can test a car
    3 times on the same dyno at the same day and you have always little
    differences in the curve. This is because of little different temperatures,
    little different shift points from 1st to 5th gear by the test and so on. On
    this dyno print out all lines are absolutely same up to 4.500 rpm. How can
    an engine with 3 different power out puts have more power only over 4.500
    rpm and then absolutely parallel? I think it can not. This dyno paper is for
    sure not a real print out from a measurement. ((( by logic)))

How can you handle the torque with the clutch. 9ff`s best engine makes real
    950Nm the the flywheel ( wheel power is not the official term of measurement
    because you never know how much power you loose between flywheel and tyre /
    street. All Porsche and all other car brand numbers are power at the
    flywheel !!! Only this you can compare ). 9ff can handle this torque only
    with thier special 9ff double plate clutch. what did you do?

your engine is a real race engine with nitrous for good power. 9ff`s engines
    never have nitrous and are real all day drive cars. 9ff`s best motor ( which
    is GT9, 4 liter ) has a power out put of 1.025 flywheel-hp / 8.200 rpm at the
    flywheel with 1.4 bar and you can drive it all day with air condition and
    radio.

you`ve said you are using the 996tt DME with GT3 program. GT3 program? N/A and
    400HP? How can this work to get 870HP at the wheels?

How do you do the air cooling? The pictures on the web page shows
    original intercoolers with modified aluminium intake boxes. This can never
    work. Intake temperatures have to be under 50*C or the engine had no power.
    with the stock ones you have after
    10 sec over 70*C in this power range.

The acceleration curves show me a time of 5.7 sec for 62 - 125 mph and not
    5.4. Why do you show a bad graph with 0.9 bar and not the real one? The
    weather is no reason for me ... 9ff`s FM96 T-5S ( 720 HP at the flywheel with 4.0
    litre ) made 100-200 km/h in 5.0 sec in December at about 4*C in a stock
    996tt convertible with 2WD and 1.650kg. So 5.7 is not really quick ... judging by the numbers available and the pics .

with my respect for all , i prefere to talk by logic and numbers

ahmed .

Quote:
    markski said:
    RC,
    with al due respect... I think both sides are guilty... I purposely posted my dynos and other data to prove that this car is for real. Unfortunatly people say things they should not. Notice that it is my car everyone is talking about and yet not even one bad word came out of my mouth... even though it was questionable because it was American built. .. and that's how this thread really started... questioning the HP of my car and comparing it to RUff and or German HP...
    In any event.. I dont take things personally.. I have nothing to prove...
    I am as European as anyone of you.. I was born in Europe.
    Unfortunately people said things they should have not...
    hopefully I will be welcomed on this board so I can further share my car with the members...
    best,
    markski

you are most welcomed ... we are happy to see you here

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    MarcusRay said:
    I really don't like how this thread evolved...and especially I don't like the remarks about using F-15s in order to show how advanced a nation is...and all these leads us to where??? to nowhere of course...

In my opinion, this isn't acceptable and I wonder why the 6Speedonline Admin doesn't delete it.
    It is one thing to discuss cars, no matter what opinion someone has but another one to directly insult somebody for his opinion. I faced such insults myself in the past, just for questioning certain things, so I know what I'm talking about.

Let's stay civilized, if we can afford such great cars, one could assume that our education is at a high level accordingly.

Posted by buddyg:
    "I am so sick of those punk Euro dudes who think only those in Europe know how to tune a Porsche. Screw them, we all have experienced what good old American know how can do! Bring it on!"

Turbo_S isn't european, so he's basically a Kuwaiti punk . Just kidding, turbo_S . Some of those comments are seriously screwed up .

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    MarcusRay said:

Posted by buddyg:
    "I am so sick of those punk Euro dudes who think only those in Europe know how to tune a Porsche. Screw them, we all have experienced what good old American know how can do! Bring it on!"

Turbo_S isn't european, so he's basically a Kuwaiti punk . Just kidding, turbo_S . Some of those comments are seriously screwed up .

hehehehe ! ok CRASH every thing is accepted from you cuz you are rennteamer , im not european and its an honor for me to be (arabian and kuwaiti) ... and im not the only one who says that ... but at the same time , im sorry if i was the reason of that comments ...

heeeey americans ! , you`ve to be proud cuz you have made the "FORD GT" ..

in some fields americans are the best ... in my business im dealing alot with americans ... AMERICANS ARE AMZING IN TUNING PORSCHE , BUT NOT BETTER THAN EUROPEANS ... ITS MY OWN OPENION , ITS REPRESENTS MY OOOOOOWN OPENION ,
    DID YOU GOT MY POINT !!! ...

please stop that ... sorry for all , but you should respect my openion also .

Turbo_s,
    now you are insulting one of the best tuners around...
    if you think that these numbers were computer made.. Im sorry..
    I have no reason doing so nor my tuner.
    I'm not sure if Jean( lives in Dubai) is on this site.. but if he is you can ask him about my set up.
    I'm sorry but you really insulted me...
    I will now unleash the furry...
    pics to come... that way you will be a believer.
    u will see the clutch, the ICs, the heads, the cams..
    why do not believe. What is my purpose in making this up?
    the 100 to 200 Km were extracted by KPG who is an authority... he said its 5.44 and that is at .9 bars of boost. Im sorry I am not a tuner... I do not have access to countless of tire set ups and rims... I ran it on MPSCs.... in 40 degrees... and if look at the graph you can see wheel spin.
    markski

For the those who think I or my tuner computer altered the dyno sheets....
    here is the work that went into the car....
    the clutch

outboard stubs for the axles...

gt35r turbos(with water cooling)

the pistons..

O ring grooves in the heads..(does 9FF do that?)

the intercoolers you were asking about...

the MAF and MAf housing...

the the lifters(stock Vs. gt3)

some valves...

heads....

header:

GT3 race heads:

GT3 heads with Grooves:

this is where the fun starts...

fuel rails,injectors,FPR, and pumps

exhaust

GT3 cam housing:

The engine:

I almost forgot.. this is where it gets pretty LOL

So now AHMED.. lets see what ur 9FF has in it...

Quote:
    markski said:
    Turbo_s,
    now you are insulting one of the best tuners around...
    if you think that these numbers were computer made.. Im sorry..
    I have no reason doing so nor my tuner.
    I'm not sure if Jean( lives in Dubai) is on this site.. but if he is you can ask him about my set up.
    I'm sorry but you really insulted me...
    I will now unleash the furry...
    pics to come... that way you will be a believer.
    u will see the clutch, the ICs, the heads, the cams..
    why do not believe. What is my purpose in making this up?
    the 100 to 200 Km were extracted by KPG who is an authority... he said its 5.44 and that is at .9 bars of boost. Im sorry I am not a tuner... I do not have access to countless of tire set ups and rims... I ran it on MPSCs.... in 40 degrees... and if look at the graph you can see wheel spin.
    markski

dear markski , im relating my openion to the graphs and pics , there is nothing makes me against you , i wish that your project is working properly , you`ve showed me that you are a respectable guy when you prove what you`ve said by pics and graphs ... but if you were me and saw something conflicting with the ligic or (my limited knowledge) you will ask for a clearifications ... its not a fight or furry , my openion was based on the figures shown on the web .

if you think that im wasting your time or im resisting to belive you ... then lets stop it , cuz we are goint to no where .

dear markski , i will no longer comment about your car any more , cuz i dont like this kind of negotiations , if i were righ or wrong , im out of this post .

by the way , inspite of being against each other , you are realy a MAN who should be respected . and i wish that i had the chance of knowing you in a situation better than that ... with my best regards / ahmed .

Markski,

You made up all those pictures no one would have all that cool stuff in there car. Come on you Americans are so foolish, only Euro tuners know how to turn wrenches.

HAHAHAHAHA

Ahmed,
    no problem... trust me this is for real...
    best regards,
    mark

"How can you handle the torque with the clutch. 9ff`s best engine makes real
    950Nm the the flywheel ( wheel power is not the official term of measurement
    because you never know how much power you loose between flywheel and tyre /
    street. All Porsche and all other car brand numbers are power at the
    flywheel !!! Only this you can compare )"

Not knowing the loss between the engine and the wheels is EXACTLY why you measure and compare upgrades at the WHEELS.
    That paragraph above alone indicates to me that you have no clue........

turbo_s,

Earlier you asked what can hold all the crank hp? This is what we utilized on KA. This system designed by S Car Go Racing will handle 1400 foot pounds of torque. It is made up of three 7-1/4" discs. The slave was eliminated.

Ported/Polished/Micropolished/Flowed/Ceramic Coated Chambers & Exhaust ports on GT3 Cup heads.

Inconnel Valves/Ceramic coated faces/radius and SO1 coated stems.

turbo_s,

You are confusing my motor with Markski's. I can choose to use nitrous or not. Markski does not use nitrous. Our motor is designed to use it and live. Our 0-62 KPH is under two seconds. Of course first gear is 3.16-1 and our redline is 9200 rpm. There is no shifting required to get there.

No, he's confused in general.

Maybe Turbo S should check out what the Americans have done to the Supra and how much rwhp they have unleashed from the 2JZ

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    807150 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    449733 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    267208 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90567 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    7380 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

887667 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    836448 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM