Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: CGT on to Beverly Hills - video!!!!

That guy is soooo coooool

The noise from the last 5 seconds is superb.

That looks like the next guy who'll crash his(?) CGT...

That car does sound nice, but stock CGT sounds so much better.

It doesn't sound right. What did he do to it?

BTW, The girl almost had a heart attack.

Childish....

No respect for what ownership really entails.....

Quote:
    Porscha said:
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8ab09067-c2f4-4e2d-aef5-98b00055ca8d.htm

All I can say is . A child behind the wheel who will ultimately get himself killed. By what warped thinking does a person think it is cool to gun his engine startling people whether in a restaurant or street?

Nick, even you must have been young once.

I am 100% sure that everyone here was a absolute angel at that age.

Jim when I was young I wasn't driving a CGT. I was driving a Model T.

BTW I don't know what he did to the wonderful exhaust sound of the CGT. His really sounded terrible.

The pot calling the kettle black?

I think it sounded great especially that last pass.

It was childish to rev it specifically to startle people especially the crowd on the street where there was a baby stroller. But had I been sitting there I would have have enjoyed the thrill of the sound.

Will he crash, who knows, that would usually happen at high speeds by an inexperienced and/or foolish driver. Maybe this guy is very skilled, he looked like he could control it at will. Experience means you know you could lose it and you avoid situations that pose that risk.

We all like the sound of a good exhaust to the point of aftermarket products or complaints about factory levels and combine that with the habit of many here especially the ferrari/lambo crowd of loud exhaust, LOUD COLORS and boulevard cruising for the sole purpose of attracting attention.

I think i see something else behind SOME of these comments.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Jim when I was young I wasn't driving a CGT. I was driving a Model T.

BTW I don't know what he did to the wonderful exhaust sound of the CGT. His really sounded terrible.

This is what he did with the exhaust, he put on "AWE-Tuning" straight pipes.

http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/shared/p...;IL=CGT_exhaust

may be he believe die from a car crash will go to heaven and get lok of virgin!?

so Ayrton Senna will get a massive one!?

We have all done some stupid & silly things while driving our cars, however, not too many people have been foolish enough to tape themselves & post it on the net. I'm just wondering, if god forbids this guy gets involved in an accident, wouldn't clips like that be used against him in the US courts?

Quote:
    pierre said:
    That looks like the next guy who'll crash his(?) CGT...

Mike S said:
    That car does sound nice, but stock CGT sounds so much better.

I agree with both of you

That is not engine sound, that is only loud horrible noise.

J.Seven

Quote:
    ha said:
    We have all done some stupid & silly things while driving our cars, however, not too many people have been foolish enough to tape themselves & post it on the net. I'm just wondering, if god forbids this guy gets involved in an accident, wouldn't clips like that be used against him in the US courts?

We NEVER see the driver on tape just his girlfriend in the first few frames.

The young chubby giggling guy at the cafe is an accomplice as the driver drives the cgt away.

The guy telling the cgt to rev near the crowd on the street is another accomplice in another car filming what the cgt does.

I think the only crimes seen are selfish stupidity in disturbing a couple of peaceful babies and being young priveleged punks in LA which seems to be genrating some envy here.

Quote:
    racerx said:
    Quote:
    ha said:

We NEVER see the driver on tape just his girlfriend in the first few frames.

The young chubby giggling guy at the cafe is an accomplice as the driver drives the cgt away.

The guy telling the cgt to rev near the crowd on the street is another accomplice in another car filming what the cgt does.

I think the only crimes seen are selfish stupidity in disturbing a couple of peaceful babies and being young priveleged punks in LA which seems to be genrating some envy here.

That girl in the video is AMGGirl, she was just tagging along for a ride.

Quote:
    racerx said:
    The pot calling the kettle black?

I think it sounded great especially that last pass.

It was childish to rev it specifically to startle people especially the crowd on the street where there was a baby stroller. But had I been sitting there I would have have enjoyed the thrill of the sound.

Will he crash, who knows, that would usually happen at high speeds by an inexperienced and/or foolish driver. Maybe this guy is very skilled, he looked like he could control it at will. Experience means you know you could lose it and you avoid situations that pose that risk.

We all like the sound of a good exhaust to the point of aftermarket products or complaints about factory levels and combine that with the habit of many here especially the ferrari/lambo crowd of loud exhaust, LOUD COLORS and boulevard cruising for the sole purpose of attracting attention.

I think i see something else behind SOME of these comments.

I am having difficulty understanding your post. Though I like exciting sexy looking cars which sound like high performance vehicles, I have never subscribed to showing off and risking life or limb and in an attempt to get noticed.

As for your comment about envy, do you really believe any one of us who objected to this behavior is envious?

You are way off base on this one.

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!
    And I am not 20 years old

The video has 2 parts, revving for attention in front of crowds which i already called childish etc. and a second part of fast driving for their own enjoyment out in the country thru tunnels AWAY FROM THE GENERAL POPULATION.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    I have never subscribed to showing off and risking life or limb and in an attempt to get noticed.

In fact you have done both of the behaviours exhibited on the tape.

As to risking life and limb, does the term "bookstore" ring any bells?

And as far as attention getting do I really need to mine that gold. You have provided plenty of examples for that.

Quote:
    nberry said:

As for your comment about envy, do you really believe any one of us who objected to this behavior is envious?

You are way off base on this one.

This is a porsche/ferrari/exotics site Right? I mean this is not the buick park avenue site. Everyone on here has scrubbed out, revved their engine, or put on an aftermarket exhaust for the sound and driven fast out away from other motorists. Most of that is for personal satisfaction but some is for attention (more so in others).

There is nothing in the guys driving abilities worth condemning, in fact he appears to my experienced eye to be extremely capable driving a very challenging car. Yet he was condemned by some FOR HIS DRIVING ABILITY (SAYING HE WOULD CRASH/DIE). Whatever negative impulse lead to that condemnation I ascribed to envy of young punks driving the ultimate street car.

Had he just been called an ass for scaring the unsuspecting by revving I just would have agreed.

Quote:
    J.Seven said:

J.Seven

Actually it is closer to the true unrefined engine sound which, imho, is not pleasing to the ear without the acoustic influence of the OEM exhaust. When we say the letter "a" out loud, it sounds normal. But try saying it with the tongue sticking out as far as possible and the sound becomes unpleasant, notwithstanding the halitosis.

Larynx:Engine::Tongue:Exhaust

Quote:
    MAVERICK said:
    Quote:
    J.Seven said:

J.Seven

Actually it is closer to the true unrefined engine sound which, imho, is not pleasing to the ear without the acoustic influence of the OEM exhaust. When we say the letter "a" out loud, it sounds normal. But try saying it with the tongue sticking out as far as possible and the sound becomes unpleasant, notwithstanding the halitosis.

I bet everyone is trying this right now !!!

Quote:
    MAVERICK said:
    Quote:
    J.Seven said:

J.Seven

It is actually the closest I have heard to a mid 1980's F1 engine. Those were the most exciting sounds I have ever heard in person and to me are far better than the stock CGT sound.

The guy is a total cock.

He is highly likely to meet a grizzly end and quite probably take an innocent life or 2 in the process.

Quote:
    racerx said:
    a second part of fast driving for their own enjoyment out in the country thru tunnels AWAY FROM THE GENERAL POPULATION.

What about the following two video's? Do they exhibit VRAlexander fooling around away from or near the general population?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um2zNh8Wd9w
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnbmfgQuY7o

Does anyone remember the video clip at Crystal Cove of Ben holding the phone to his ear with one hand and briefly sliding the CGT and shifting gears with the other? How about reading the stories of him testing the car's limits with Nick as his passenger? At the time, I laughed and thought nothing of it while RC shook his head in disapproval. In hindsight, I realize it was those little glimpses into the way Ben drove the CGT that led to him underestimating the potential danger of driving at triple digits on the road and the track without taking maximum safety precautions.

First of all, I do not know this guy from Adam. I do not think much of the group in the first video for their childish pranks.

But so far in the NOW 3 videos i have seen I see nothing crazy or nutty or deathwishy about the driving.

In number 2 video he pulls away after waiting for a clear break in the traffic and he scrubbed out, in video #3 he opens it up at night on a mostly deserted seperated highway. There is still nothing in his DRIVING that would lead to any conclusion other than he likes driving his ultra exotic to a certain extreme.

But maverick I hope you realize that the high speeds that raise eyebrows in this country are daily occurences in Germany. In fact I have read many times about RC's exploits at VERY high velocities on the Autobahn. THESE CARS INCLUDING MINE WERE BUILT FOR SUCH USE. In experienced hands with a car that is fully maintained it is a relatively safe endeavor.

I have driven mine at high speed on occasion and only want to do it on rare occasions as I grip the wheel tighter I AM AWARE of what could happen at any second. However scrubbing out like in video 1 & 2 from a stop or around a corner will never result in anyones injury or harm, perhaps embarrasment.

My reference above to bookstore in response to nick connects to your second paragraph. Ben's untimely death was due to rotten luck of mistakes coming together and HIGH speed. I personally see no point in going faster than I already have because there is no gain once you get beyond a certain speed yet the risk goes up astronomically.

Quote:
    racerx said:
    Quote:
    MAVERICK said:
    Quote:
    J.Seven said:

J.Seven

It is actually the closest I have heard to a mid 1980's F1 engine. Those were the most exciting sounds I have ever heard in person and to me are far better than the stock CGT sound.

Racer, please leasten to this sound, this is real F1 engine sound coming from a stock Carrera GT, why change the perfection?????????????? Comment
    Carrera GT F1 engine sound

yo am i the only one here who liked that clip! man this guy is pretty much doing the same all those fing asians are doing to their civics. you know the whole tuned my 4 banner lawnmoaer engine and fitting a loud ass exhaust on it.. not to mention the unecessary wing on the back

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690475 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409755 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255993 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235271 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65647 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4657 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858405 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774682 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM