Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 996 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

871 RWHP Turbo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTBF6fLnQq4

Credit goes to Awais from Racingflix.

Quote:

Met up with Markski yesterday to check out his Protomotive tuned Porsche 996 Turbo. The car is mean as hell! It's running GT3 race heads, GT3 cams, and twin GT35R turbos, and puts down 871 RWHP @ 1.5 bar. It's winter here in Chicago and it was 30 degrees out so he was running the lowest boost setting possible (0.8 bar) and still couldn't get traction. Anyway, here's a short video from yesterday:

Re: 871 RWHP Turbo

Loudest 996TT ever!

Markski is a member of 6speedonline. He also owns a 600 WHP EVO.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Loudest 996TT ever!

This is how Porsche should have marketed their 996TurboS.

I'll keep mine with the Milltek exhaust when it comes back from the shop in the spring @ the GT700 level. I want the extra power and torque-but I (and my neighbors ) don't need the extra noise.

Although, I wonder how much louder my Noble M400-er, M500 will sound when it returns next spring with a free-flowing exhaust.

Quote:
    Turbo Al said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Loudest 996TT ever!

I'll keep mine with the Milltek exhaust when it comes back from the shop in the spring @ the GT700 level. I want the extra power and torque-but I (and my neighbors ) don't need the extra noise.

Although, I wonder how much louder my Noble M400-er, M500 will sound when it returns next spring with a free-flowing exhaust.

Nice! Speaking of which, how are you enjoying the car Al?

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Turbo Al said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Loudest 996TT ever!

It's winter here now, so the Noble and the Porsche are in their respective shops, getting power upgrades for next spring, but last summer was a blast with both of them.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Loudest 996TT ever!

except mine ...
    very nice car .. , but i think a well tuned 750 hp in stuttgart can do something with it .. i dont belive on american tuning for porsche ... with my respect
    NOTE: it seems that its using japanese blow-off valve ... , its better to try 9ff blow-off ... sounds much much better than this one ..

Quote:
    turbo_S said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Loudest 996TT ever!

except mine ...
    very nice car .. , but i think a well tuned 750 hp in stuttgart can do something with it .. i dont belive on american tuning for porsche ... with my respect
    NOTE: it seems that its using japanese blow-off valve ... , its better to try 9ff blow-off ... sounds much much better than this one ..

you're right...it reminded me the sound of some tuned Supras I've heard...

by the way, when are we going to see a video of your baby tuned at 700HP??? we saw one when it was only 580...

Quote:
    Turbo Al said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Turbo Al said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Loudest 996TT ever!

It's winter here now, so the Noble and the Porsche are in their respective shops, getting power upgrades for next spring, but last summer was a blast with both of them.

Nice! Be sure to post plenty of pics and videos once their back!

Quote:
    MarcusRay said:
    Quote:
    turbo_S said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Loudest 996TT ever!

except mine ...

you're right...it reminded me the sound of some tuned Supras I've heard...

by the way, when are we going to see a video of your baby tuned at 700HP??? we saw one when it was only 580...

soon soon soon ... (try to visit 9ff garage in Dortmund , you will find my engine there ) ... there is some delay because of the holiday ...
    by the way "its 700 stuttgart horses" (you will know what i mean when i have a 871 "american" RWHP beside me in the highway (with my respect as you know )

Quote:
    turbo_S said:
    [...] try to visit 9ff garage in Dortmund , you will find my engine there

Are you going to pick it up or are they going to ship it ack to you? Otherwise I'll hold the camera for you & show you the nice spots...

Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Quote:
    turbo_S said:
    [...] try to visit 9ff garage in Dortmund , you will find my engine there

Are you going to pick it up or are they going to ship it ack to you? Otherwise I'll hold the camera for you & show you the nice spots...

realy ! ... if you are close to them ... please send me some pics ,, i realy missed it .. ask them about the engine which is sent from kuwait , but dont tell any body about the actual power please .. the working days statrs 2nd of jan .. appreciate it

I'll try my best but I won't be in the region for the next couple of weeks. Tell me when it is going to be shipped back.

With all due respect turbo_s, I don't believe you have a clue when it comes to that 871 hp car that Protomotive prepared.

Quote:
    cjv said:
    With all due respect turbo_s, I don't believe you have a clue when it comes to that 871 hp car that Protomotive prepared.

dont worry about turbo_S, hes got too much sand in the ears

Quote:
    cjv said:

You're probably right. Hey Chad, have you finished your Killer Angel project?

Crash,

I am embarrassed to say ........ no. However it is very close. Maybe February or March. We have made alot of advancements including intake cams and transposing a modified GT3 program on a 996tt ecu. Markski's car actually has a set of my cams and cam housings. Markski's car is really the state of the art at this time. What he did helped advance our testing and we shared alot of info and parts with him. His motor is at the state of the art. I know it has been awhile so I tell you where we are in our project.

We used the Spanish webbed case and had it bowtailed and shuffle pinned. It has been machined to acccept a three index GT1/965 oil pump.

The crank is a billet 80 mm stroker that has been knife edged. The journals are (reduced diameter) 2.0" to accept the NASCAR oval barings. The motor is designed to redline @ 9200 rpm's)

The rods are custom titanium by Avon. Designed to place the weight near the crank and away from the pistons.

The pistons are CT (340 grams) They have been ceramic coated on the domes and SO1 coated on the skirts. They are 102 mm utilizing ductile iron sleeves that have been plasma welded.

The heads are GT3 Cup with ceramic coated combustion chambers and exhaust ports. The ports were mildly ported and the chambers are micropolished. The heads flow 362 cfm @ 25 inchs.

The springs were one off made so the spring pressure matches the cam, valves and head flow. The springs were SO1 coated. The retainers are titanium.

The valves are Inconnel. We used a larger diameter stem and valve diameter. They were ceramic coated on the face and under the radius. The stems were SO1 coated.

The cams are the real break through. We maximumized the lift for the head flow (both intake and exhaust), grinded a turbo duration profile and removed all harmonic distortion. The cams are SO1 coated.

The intake is a modified World Cup plumbed for nitrous. The nitrous is solely used between 3000 and 4500 depending on turbo used. It is used to pre boost certain turbo's and it comes on with an intial 10 shot and an additional 10 shot every tenth of a second thereafter until it is max'ed at 100 shot. It can be either on or off mode.

The ECU is a 996tt with transposed modified GT3 software.

The maximum power as measured on engine dyno tests varies between 900 and 1400 hp depending on which turbo's are being used. Turbo's tested were Garrett GT30R's, GT35R's and GT40R's.

I know I have left out alot of details but that is it in the nutshell for the motor. If you want additional details there is a 152 page thread entitled cjv turbo. It is in the 6speedonline forum in the Tuning and Modification section.
    http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1112

Thanks for the detailed explanation! Yes, I know that thread, I just thought it hadn't been active (has been quite a while since I stopped posting at 6speedonline). I'm looking forward to seeing your car finished and posting some awesome numbers .

I'm off to re-read your thread now .

Quote:
    Ryan in SD said:
    Quote:
    cjv said:

dont worry about turbo_S, hes got too much sand in the ears

can you explain (too much sand in the ears ?) ...

Quote:
    cjv said:

its a matter of belives ... i wish to face it (american tuned) in the highway

Quote:
    turbo_S said:
    Quote:
    cjv said:

its a matter of belives ... i wish to face it (american tuned) in the highway

Trust me, you don't want to. It will eat your car alive.

Turbo S:

Go here and read some comments on your post, I bet this will keep you busy for a good 1/2 hour...

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69230

By the way, Markski's car was done by Protomotive which a top Porsche tuner which by chance is located in the US. As a reference most of Jean's car was done by Todd. BTW I'm an Euro tuner fan and an Euro punk myself so if I tell you Proto is TOP believe me.

Sure ........... I'll ship her over there. Killer Angel would love to see Kuwait. If by my extreme luck she beats your 996tt on the highway ........... you pay my costs over and back. Who knows, you may get lucky.

You might look into KA's tranny, clutch, gearing, LSD and suspension. Hint: first gear @ 9200 is well over 70 mph (3.16-1). You can use your imagination after that.

Quote:
    cjv said:
    Sure ........... I'll ship her over there. Killer Angel would love to see Kuwait. If by my extreme luck she beats your 996tt on the highway ........... you pay my costs over and back. Who knows, you may get lucky.

You might look into KA's tranny, clutch, gearing, LSD and suspension. Hint: first gear @ 9200 is well over 70 mph (3.16-1). You can use your imagination after that.

Chad, I didn't know you could only afford a vacation by allowing another forum member to pay for it .

Really, turbo_S, if you take up on his offer, you might as well book him a suite and free cocktails. A hint: Chad's car did the quarter mile in the low 11s at almost 127 mph, at some insanely hot ambient temperature - and the car wasn't even running properly (that was several years ago and it also had half the horsepower it has now ).

Quote:
    cjv said:

ummmm , thats americans way of life ,,, gambling and so on ,,, in our religion thats forbidden ... BUT , if you are realy seriouse , and have a confidence about you (self killer) , and more than me in around 276 donk... ,(mine probably : 700 crankshaft-HP X .85 = 595 RW-hp ) ... and so on and so on ... you have 9ff cars in america , why not having a race with one equal to mine ( engines born from the same mother in dortmund) ... and show us the video , i think i can prepare the race if you want .

if you need money , and trying to collect money from (butterflies) which is below you in more than 250+ Whp ... i can be your sponsor for your (killer project) or collect 200 dollars "charity" from the forum members ... this 200 dollars will cover all your prjects expenses and there will be some fractions left for your fuel " cuz every body knows how expensive are the american tuning and how reliable and quality it is " ... when compared to my project , a car built to be used in daily matter , its used for going to the office as quick as i can , its reliable , it worths every "EURO" spent on it ... if i spent my money on only horse power for straight line with daily broken engine .. i can do it , but german tuners will not allow me to do it , cuz they respect some thing called (reliable) which is unknown in US.

as i told you , there is a big 9ff dealer in USA , please tell me if your car running perfectly by chance , i will let you know how fast are the "butterflies projects " .. with my RESPECT as a members in one forum .

NOTE 1: also wish to face it in the highway .
    NOTE 2: wooooow im very scared from tuning (tranny, clutch, gearing, LSD and suspention) its something "new: to meee !!!!! or maybe its new trend in US

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    cjv said:

Chad, I didn't know you could only afford a vacation by allowing another forum member to pay for it .

Really, turbo_S, if you take up on his offer, you might as well book him a suite and free cocktails. A hint: Chad's car did the quarter mile in the low 11s at almost 127 mph, at some insanely hot ambient temperature - and the car wasn't even running properly (that was several years ago and it also had half the horsepower it has now ).

"and the car wasn't even running properly " .... do you think its something new !!!!

my car in ooooonly tiny modefications got the same time ,, ( im realy scared )

guys , my point was clear , in my openion dont compare american tuners with germans ... when we talk honestly , yes maybe there is alot of good tuners and have to be respected ... but dont say that they are better than germans ... with best regards and respect .

Quote:
    turbo_S said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    cjv said:

"and the car wasn't even running properly " .... do you think its something new !!!!

my car in ooooonly tiny modefications got the same time ,, ( im realy scared )

You don't get it, do you? Chad has invested about half a million dollars into the car's development - this car will eat your 9ff for lunch. His drivetrain alone is probably worth as much as your entire car, in order to withstand the stresses of the engine. We aren't talking about an affordable EVO MS package here. This is high level engineering - and if you think that Americans can't engineer anything properly, I'm sure there are many F-15 pilots who will gladly prove you wrong at 3 AM in the morning . Either you accept his challenge or stop mocking him, it's that simple. If your car is as good as you say it is, it will cost you nothing .
    Personally I'm a firm believer in German engineering, but dismissing Americans just because they are Americans is rather silly. And you should be scared, because Killer Angel would beat you so bad, you'd be embarrassed if anybody saw the video.

Oh, and by the way, he doesn't really need money. He bought a Veyron.

turbo_S you really are quite off base and quite honestly are showing how little you know. You might want to watch whom you pick fights with.

Welcome all,
    it has been brought to my attention that my car has been discussed at great length on this board...
    First of all I am from Europe originally myself... currently living in the US.
    The current set up is the fourth tuning kit on this particular car... 2 of which were from Europe...
    I do believe that not all HP is the same.. I'm not disputing that....
    All I can say is that I have a verified 100 to 200 km run that is 5.44 seconds... and that is only at .9 bars... (I cant turn up the boost because its winter- wheel spin).
    The RT12s 100 to 200 km is 6.4 seconds.
    I'm already 1 second faster at .9 bars... my car is tuned for 1.5 bars.
    I have the proof... and a lot more to come... in a few months I will be doing many runs... documented...
    I'm not going to call anyone out... nor am I going to brag... I will simply show the proof...
    If any of you know of Jean... my dear friend... ask him about my car...
    best to all,
    markski

AND THE 60 TO 130 MPH RUN AT .9 BARS....

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689540 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409223 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255735 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234987 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65524 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4646 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857960 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774022 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM