Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Just a few photos after a belated car wash...

Finally washed the car after coming back from Stuttgart on Nov 12. I had been waiting for all the car wash products I ordered from Griots Garage, Swissol, Autoglym, Meguiars etc to arrive.

Enjoy

Re: Just a few photos after a belated car wash...

Looks very nice...Enjoy.

im not joking easy_rider but right now if I could have any car in the world, I know what it would be! BTW, I love those Sport Design rims.. imho the best wheels on offer by porsche atm..if only owning a porsche wasn't so far of into the future for me!

Beautiful car easy_rider911.

Love your car. There something about a clean car. I

Beautiful...your car is very classy

Sensational colour easer_rider, looks great in the sun or overcast..hmmm makes me want to wax mine soon (spent heaps on Zymol stuff).

Thanks guys.

@charliepug: tell me about it! I spent hundreds of pounds on Swissol, Griots etc. Importing stuff from the USA is SO expensive because of the VAT, customs duties and international shipping costs.

Good looking car, Easyrider! In fact it appears to have more ground clearance than other -20mm cars I have seen. How come?

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    [...]I spent hundreds of pounds on Swissol, Griots etc. Importing stuff from the USA is SO expensive because of the VAT, customs duties and international shipping costs.

You are aware that Swizzoel is a Swiss company? They are indeed not too cheap but there should be simpler ways to acquire these items.

Yep, Swissol has now changed its name to Swissvax (due to a legal dispue with Zymol). I have to say I like Swissvax much more than Zymol.

I bought the following Swissvax products:

Autobahn wheel wax
    Zuffenhausen carnauba wax (especially for Porsche paint)
    Quick Finish
    Cleaner Fluid
    Paint Rubber (Clay)
    Wax applicator pads
    Leather milk
    100% cotton towel

Total cost: Pounds195

Griots was great but very expensive. I had to pay VAT at 17.5%, customs duty, the courier's administration fees for getting everything inspected by customs and international courier charges etc etc. Total: Pounds257. I got:

2 x boar's hair brushes with a long handle
    1 x 12 inch boar's hair brush-head without a handle
    Ultra thick micro fibre drying towel (fabulous - dries the whole car)
    12 microfibre cloths
    Speed shine liquid

The boar's hair brushes are INCREDIBLE. No scratches. No swirl marks. You just have to make sure there are no dirt particles in them when you rinse the brushes before dunking them again in shampoo & water.

I also imported 12 inch wire wheel brushes from Superior Car Care. These are perfect for reaching behind the wheel if you have Sport Design wheels. Made my wheels look like new again! The gaps in the SportDesign wheels are too small for your hands. These brushes reach in and clean the inside of the wheels around the brake discs. Total: Pounds27.

Here in the UK I got:

Autoglym Metal polish
    Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing
    Autoglym Fast Glass

Total: Pounds19

Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo 64 oz (it doubles in price if you buy it in the UK Got it from Vertar)

Total: Pounds15

I tried a California silicon flexi blade but I'm not a big fan. Too many curves on a Porsche. It's better for big flat surfaces.

I am also very impressed with my Karcher high pressure washer. Made the job so much easier.

GREAT cleaning job Easy
    Stunning car, BUT we also want to see some interior pics please

Nice car and job Easy. I think you're reeady to open up shop with all your cleaning gear

Was in London last week and the weather was yuk... glad you got some sunshine and a nice day to wash the car. BTW, where did you get the Swissvax from?

You can buy Swissvax items from the Swissolshop:

http://www.swissolshop.com/eShop/Default.asp

It's free delivery in the UK if you order over Pounds100 of items.

Yep - car washing properly is an expensive effort! Actually, I owe a lot of my decisions to people like stradale and 69bossnine. They are world champions at this!

Sure, interior pics will follow on another day when the light conditions are better for it. I couldn't take some really good ones because - believe it or not - we had TOO MUCH winter sunshine! On Sunday am it was 6C but so sunny. It made the cocoa leather look golden brown which isn't representative at all. I wanted to post photos which show cocoa like it really is. Like dark chocolate...

Quote:
    Ferdie said: In fact it appears to have more ground clearance than other -20mm cars I have seen. How come?

I think that's just an optical appearance because of the angle I took the photo from. Trust me - this car is LOW! I have to drive SO carefully over speed bumps otherwise I hear that dreaded sound of the front black strip under the front apron rubbing the road! Anyway, it's only 1cm lower than a normal Carrera S. It's not as huge a difference as people think...

I think the PASM 997S is low too. IMHO it's only the standard 997 that LOOKS to have a whole load of extra room in the wheel arches.

Wow, very nice pics !!!!!

Looking to the first pics I thought it was your bran new Carrera 4S

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    ...I wanted to post photos which show cocoa like it really is. Like dark chocolate...

Yep, I love it too !!
    Looking forward to see your interior in all its beauty

Niiice. Good background in the top pic.

DARN: Too bad they didn't maintain the woodwork as well as they maintained everything else in photo: maybe you can photoshop it out.

That's the weather we have here. That woodwork is only 3 years old! Rains all the f***ing time...

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    That's the weather we have here. That woodwork is only 3 years old! Rains all the f***ing time...

UGH! I know the feeling.

Gorgeous!

Thank you for posting
    GT Silver is such a beautiful color in the right light

Hi Easy - good to see the beauty again
    The GT-Silver looks perfect in the winter sun - shows the car's curves very nicely

Thanks guys. I'll try to post some more pics when I get home this evening...

The more I see your car easy rider the harder I find it to wait for mine (end of February). I also opted for the sports Chassis but chosen the standard rims. Maybe because thay remind me of the old Fusch design rims.. Who knows. Thanks for the link I did saved it just to have it when the car comes around. By the way I went for Cocoa and artcic Silver.

Let us all now pray.....

Enjoy!

Hang in there Florent! I know, I know! It hurts like hell. I've just recently been through it myself. I even had to suffer a 2 month delay from September to November 2006 before I could collect it (due to production delays and the fact that I then had to wait till my own schedule allowed me to go). Can you imagine how hard it was to survive THAT? All I can say is - hang in there. Try to focus your mind on something else. Take your mind off it or you'll go crazy with waiting.

I absolutely love -20mm. If your roads in Corfu are 'quite good or better', you'll absolutely adore it too. Speak to Gnil, Jeannot, JJBlade, bluelines, RC, Carlos from Spain, AshD, sergini and others here about what they think. I know pride355 is unhappy with -20mm due to the quality of roads they have in Turkey.

Is yours a 997 or 997S? IMO Carrera S wheels look great on an Arctic Silver car. Good choice!

Cocoa and Arctic Silver will look wonderful. I've seen it with my own eyes. OPC E London used to have a Cayman S demonstrator in that colour combination. It is going to look very special! There's a great contrast between the light silver exterior and the dark chocolate interior.

She's going to be a beauty IMO. Well worth the pain and agony of waiting! It'll be worth it the moment you start the engine!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    778335 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442093 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262976 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261254 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85504 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5718 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880925 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816635 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM