Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017)

Oh, forgot the latest rumor (in just a few minutes ago): The one year holding time in Germany is not mandated by Porsche...apparently. Not sure if true though because many dealerships do that here. However, they will not see it lightly if cars are sold immediately after they are bought.

My dealership is even more strict: Cars go only to customers in the region and they have to be registered. No registration, no car. 150k EUR down payment at the time of signing the contract.
    Will get my lease numbers tomorrow or next week but I'm still not sure I can (financially) do it.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

488 GTO, no doubt!! indecision

PTS, Dark Sea Blue, apparently. Never heard of it.. Nice though..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

I stick with the GT4. More rare in the end indecision

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

Hahaha, I have no clue if I will be sticking with my baby. My bet is that I will end up with a GT3.2RS. The GT2RS is just too limited and my Porsche buying history is just the one, which is my super sexy white 991 GT3. ..

Maybe if i walk in the showroom and get my bush out i may just stand a chance. It warrants a .2RS,, at least no indecision blush ..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

throt:

Pretty cool Smiley When the Swedish configurator is up I'll start experimenting. Since my initial spec seams to be "stolen" by Whoopsy, this might be an alternative. SmileySmiley 

Thanks! Smiley

The farmer:
    throt:

Pretty cool Smiley When the Swedish configurator is up I'll start experimenting. Since my initial spec seams to be "stolen" by Whoopsy, this might be an alternative. SmileySmiley 

Thanks! Smiley

Smiley Smiley..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

here is my color scheme.iris.jpg

A car should be exciting to drive. The .2RS lacks a quality exhaust sound and with 700hp unmanageable for street driving and only a few can manage it on a track. What's the point of the car other than Porsche's answer to other super sport cars? I don't get it. yes

--

"A man wrapped up in himself makes for a very small bundle."

nberry:

A car should be exciting to drive. The .2RS lacks a quality exhaust sound and with 700hp unmanageable for street driving and only a few can manage it on a track. What's the point of the car other than Porsche's answer to other super sport cars? I don't get it. yes

i think you gave the answer. porsche's answer to ferrari, lambo, maclaren...they can only retaliate with 911s....

Trying to tame the beast, that is and always has been the allure of the GT2.  

Though I do not disagree, it's probably the stupidest reason to buy one. At the end of the day, this car will not get a lot of track mileage and more than likely become a garage queen. It will be an investment provided Porsche cooperates and produces a limited number.

--

RC:
    BjoernB:

well - the first batch THEY receive or the first Batch produced ? If yes surely you have a tough choice. However, I have driven the speciale extensively and loved it but had zero emotions in the 488 - and latest YouTube Videos Show also that the 720S has the Ferrari covered - but even if Ferrari builds another weapon like the speciale - I personally would tend to the halo models from Porsche or McLaren.

I was never a fan of the 488 but out of all turbo charged cars on the market, the 488 is the best and most emotional in my opinion. Unless of course you love McLaren or Porsche engine fart sounds, then... Smiley Smiley The GT2 RS doesn't really sound much better than the current 991.2 Turbo S, believe it or not. Minor difference at certain rev figures due to the titanium exhaust system which never made it (optional) to the Turbo S due to emissions/sound regulations. Smiley

One thing is true though: "Halo" cars of certain sports car manufacturers can be very special for owners. They definitely increase their street rep. Smiley Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Wonder from where you know how the GT2RS sounds .......YouTube reality ???? Smiley

Btw : you haven't clearly heard a RSR live yet when you talk about "Porsche Fart engines"

vantagesc:

Nickname "widow maker" in the past... Smiley Smiley

I remember when so many people complained about the 996 Turbo and how easy it is to drive (it had a pretty neutral setup indeed but it was still fun to drive...). Real men Smiley switched their 996 Turbo with the 996 GT2 at that time and wrecked GT2s piled up soon... Smiley

I cannot say much about the new 991 GT2 RS but 700 hp in a 911 with 2WD? This basically screams "trouble".

Which brings me to the next question: Why would Porsche not put a 700 hp Turbo RS with AWD on the market for the same price (or maybe lower, we don't need that carbon/magnesium stuff from the GT2 RS)? Such a Turbo RS would give McLaren and Co. a hard time and would have been the real answer to the competition. Active aero, adapted PDK, top speed "only" 330 kph (shorter gearing) and I'm pretty sure 0-100 kph in 2.5 seconds and 0-200 kph in under 8 seconds would have been easily doable.

Still waiting for the benchmark from Porsche, at least they aren't using this advertisement BS anymore.

--

BjoernB:

Btw : you haven't clearly heard a RSR live yet when you talk about "Porsche Fart engines"

Yeah...the RSR is street legal. Got it. Smiley

--

RC:
    vantagesc:

I remember when so many people complained about the 996 Turbo and how easy it is to drive (it had a pretty neutral setup indeed but it was still fun to drive...). Real men Smiley switched their 996 Turbo with the 996 GT2 at that time and wrecked GT2s piled up soon... Smiley

I cannot say much about the new 991 GT2 RS but 700 hp in a 911 with 2WD? This basically screams "trouble".

Which brings me to the next question: Why would Porsche not put a 700 hp Turbo RS with AWD on the market for the same price (or maybe lower, we don't need that carbon/magnesium stuff from the GT2 RS)? Such a Turbo RS would give McLaren and Co. a hard time and would have been the real answer to the competition. Active aero, adapted PDK, top speed "only" 330 kph (shorter gearing) and I'm pretty sure 0-100 kph in 2.5 seconds and 0-200 kph in under 8 seconds would have been easily doable.

Still waiting for the benchmark from Porsche, at least they aren't using this advertisement BS anymore.

--

Christian, they didn't make it all will drive cos they knew you will want to get one. Smiley

I must admit the GT3 is enough for me with 2wd. I would only get the GT2RS if it had 4wd. I like my traction!

--

Tesla Model S P100D & Model X P90D & 2016 BMW i8 & 2014 991 TTS Cab - Sept 991.2 GT3 ordered. 2017 Porsche Mission E on order

Italo:
    RC:
    vantagesc:

--

Christian, they didn't make it all will drive cos they knew you will want to get one. Smiley

You have a point here... Smiley Smiley

--

nberry:

Though I do not disagree, it's probably the stupidest reason to buy one. At the end of the day, this car will not get a lot of track mileage and more than likely become a garage queen. It will be an investment provided Porsche cooperates and produces a limited number.

It is safe on he street if you use your turn signals. Otherwise any car is just way too dangerous. In your hands

Leawood911:
    nberry:

It is safe on he street if you use your turn signals. Otherwise any car is just way too dangerous. In your hands

And yet again with then turn signals and Nick, you are a bitter bitter man, you really can't let go, sad way to live...

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

nberry:

Should you even be on a Porsche forum, the way you go on you should be driving a nice comfy merc cab......... I drive a 900NM/800hp 997GT2 with solid links daily on all roads inc traffic and I assure you it is perfectly safe and a LOT of fun, the new 2RS with 750NM is going to be a pussycat in comparison but still plenty of fun and soooo safe with all the nannies.

We should all be celebrating that Porsche is producing these beasts for us to play with, I think the new RS is fantastic and whilst there is no way I will be offered one in the first production I am hoping that there is a lack of speculator price inflation which may dampen demand for the later production run and allow a real owner like me to be able to buy one Smiley

--

997 GT2 2014 3.9 Mezger, 800PS @ 1.2 bar

993 Turbo, 2006 built 3.8, 577PS/797NM, 1440kg DIN

TB993tt:
    nberry:

Should you even be on a Porsche forum, the way you go on you should be driving a nice comfy merc cab......... I drive a 900NM/800hp 997GT2 with solid links daily on all roads inc traffic and I assure you it is perfectly safe and a LOT of fun, the new 2RS with 750NM is going to be a pussycat in comparison but still plenty of fun and soooo safe with all the nannies.

We should all be celebrating that Porsche is producing these beasts for us to play with, I think the new RS is fantastic and whilst there is no way I will be offered one in the first production I am hoping that there is a lack of speculator price inflation which may dampen demand for the later production run and allow a real owner like me to be able to buy one Smiley

--

997 GT2 2014 3.9 Mezger, 800PS @ 1.2 bar

993 Turbo, 2006 built 3.8, 577PS/797NM, 1440kg DIN

Your GT2 sounds better than the new GT2 RS but otherwise, I think that everyone should enjoy the car(s) he wants.

The martial look of the GT2 RS will surely impress a lot of people, so it may actually compensate for the lack of (proper?) sound.  For me (and only me, it seems I always have to make it clear, so Rossi and Co. don't think I have found the ultimate truth in automobile life Smiley), the GT2 RS doesn't make much sense, I would rather go for a Lamborghini Huracan Performante instead. Of course people are still impressed by performance figures (720S) or brand names or whatever but while I applaud Porsche for putting a GT2 RS on the market, I still wonder where that benchmark Turbo S is I always heard about. Smiley Sorry that I have to put that finger in the wound over and over again but my disappointment with my 991.1 Turbo S clearly comes up again. Smiley

--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_IhwWG_01o

Oh boy... angry

They have my number, why didn't they call meindecision

Adrian Matei (apparently the driver) didn't have a good day that day...

--

To each his own. But driving a RWD light weight 700 hp car on public streets is to quote Walliser insane. It would be like fitting a suit on jello. 

Fwiw, Porsche's are not about hp. kiss

--

nberry:

To each his own. But driving a RWD light weight 700 hp car on public streets is to quote Walliser insane. It would be like fitting a suit on jello. 

Fwiw, Porsche's are not about hp. kiss

Nick, I'm not a big fan of the GT2 RS, never have been. A Turbo RS (with AWD) would make much more sense in my opinion, for various reasons. Porsche is however about tradition and...profit (of course). 

Do you really think that people would buy a McLaren 720S with 500 hp only? Smiley The excessive straight line performance and power has caught a lot of attention, McLaren has actually set the bar much higher and put a lot of pressure on Porsche and Co. We would have never seen 700 hp in the GT2 RS without the pressure from the competition, especially McLaren.

To be blunt here: As a diehard Porsche fan, I feel more attracted to the upcoming 991.2 GT3 RS. Shouldn't look less good than the GT2 RS, is definitely cheaper, more "drivable" (and enjoyable) for the average skilled driver and could be the really last n/a Porsche 911 ever. 

My dealer told me I should get the GT2 RS because it is like having a jackpot in the lottery. I know exactly what he was referring to but I am a driver, not a speculator. Yes, I would tremendously enjoy driving the GT2 RS but since I barely drive on tracks anymore, this car doesn't make much sense for me. Unless of course I would want to show off but I think that someone who gets a R8 instead of a Huracan doesn't really have the desire or need to show off. Smiley Smiley

So who should get this car? Definitely anyone who can afford getting one but not people who barely get the money together in the hope to get the ultimate track tool. They won't, unless they have the skills.

Like Nick said...Porsche cars aren't always necessarily about power...even if power attracts. Smiley

--

Carlos from Spain:
    Leawood911:
    nberry:

And yet again with then turn signals and Nick, you are a bitter bitter man, you really can't let go, sad way to live...

--

That is your perception. Lol. Everyone can make jokes around here but me. Ask yourself if it is you who is bitter?  Lighten up. 

Leawood911:
    Carlos from Spain:
    Leawood911:
    nberry:

--

That is your perception. Lol. Everyone can make jokes around here but me. Ask yourself if it is you who is bitter?  Lighten up. 

People can only make fun of me around here, haven't you learned it yet? Smiley

I agree with Carlos though...no need to ridicule Nick, you can do better.

--

RC:

My dealer told me I should get the GT2 RS because it is like having a jackpot in the lottery. I know exactly what he was referring to

well i don't know what he is referring to. i have currently a jackpot of that sort, the GT3RS. at this point i would certainly get less than what i paid for, given the numbers porsche produced. 

at this point the PAG is asking the dealers for signed contracts to gauge the demand and then they will adjust their production numbers accordingly. where does that leave the jackpot precisely?

pmarkow:
    RC:

My dealer told me I should get the GT2 RS because it is like having a jackpot in the lottery. I know exactly what he was referring to

well i don't know what he is referring to. i have currently a jackpot of that sort, the GT3RS. at this point i would certainly get less than what i paid for, given the numbers porsche produced. 

at this point the PAG is asking the dealers for signed contracts to gauge the demand and then they will adjust their production numbers accordingly. where does that leave the jackpot precisely?

One of the concerns I have as well... Smiley

Another one would be: What if I actually like the car?! Smiley Smiley

Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688228 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408581 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255484 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234704 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65333 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4632 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857460 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773172 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM