Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Huracán Performante in "6.52 something" at the Ring?

Saw this beauty at "my" Lambo dealer (my R8 is in the workshop for two minor issues with ESP and brake pads) and for the very first time in my life, I refused an offered(!) test drive, which later on I regretted.

Why did I refuse? I love this car so much, I was afraid that after a test-drive, I would want one and I know my (car) urges, I can barely resist them. My wife should thank me. indecision

Interesting information: The Performante has now a 6 months order stop(!) at my Lambo dealer, car itself is sold out for over a year now.

The car itself looks much better in real life, even that enormous wing which on photos doesn't always look good.

IMG_4554.JPG
    IMG_4552.JPG
    IMG_4558.JPG
    IMG_4557.JPG
    IMG_4556.JPG
    IMG_4555.JPG
    IMG_4553.JPG

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Wow,,, thats a beauty. How could you refuse no. ""Wife should be thankful"" indecision ..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

throt:

Wow,,, thats a beauty. How could you refuse no. ""Wife should be thankful"" indecision ..

I know myself...this is one of my dream cars...if I drive it, I may fall in love with it. Dangerous. Smiley

3k EUR per month (lease without down payment)...a bit too much for me right now. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:
    throt:

3k EUR per month (lease without down payment)...a bit too much for me right now. Smiley

Hahaha, 3k a month. Don't start blue off. He is ""Rennteams Strictly Cash Guy"" Smiley.

You should have taken the demo though, i would have Smiley..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

throt:
    RC:
    throt:

Hahaha, 3k a month. Don't start blue off. He is ""Rennteams Strictly Cash Guy"" Smiley.

I regretted it once I was on my way home... Smiley Maybe next time (dealer is basically same as Audi dealer).

This is one of the cars I really want but there is no chance in hell I could get one right now. Smiley

Not that I should complain: I told my wife this story and she looked at me as if I'm nuts. "You have your R8, what do you want more?" Oh well, sweetie... Smiley Smiley

--

RC:
    throt:
    RC:
    throt:

"You have your R8, what do you want more?" Oh well, sweetie... Smiley Smiley

The above is a classic isn't it. Of course we want more.

Your little girl loves the green , she will back you up Smiley Smiley...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

I fully agree but money doesn't grow on trees... surprise

Maybe I should start a Rennteam funding request... indecision

Just last week I shook the hand of a billionaire, maybe I should have asked him? Just kidding...rich people are rich because they know how to handle money, they don't give it away for free. Unfortunately I am not female, young and beautiful, so no chance on that particular side either. broken heart 

Now I have to put my faith in Tim Cook. If the iPhone 8 amazes people and Apple shares go up by 100% , I could even buy a Performante.

Or maybe Aliens land in my garden and they piss gold, so I could sell their excrements. indecision

As you can see...I am desperate to get the Performante but no chance. yes

--

Such a great car, such a great engine but why no racing harness available for a track-focused car?!? yes

--

991 GT3 RS / Gone: Cayman GT4, 997.2 GT3 RS 3.8, 997.2 GT3, Lotus Exige S, 964 Turbo 3.3

GoHardGT3RS:

Such a great car, such a great engine but why no racing harness available for a track-focused car?!? yes

Third party? Smiley

--

GoHardGT3RS:

Buy the Spyder, throw out the uncomfy buckets and forget about the harnesses... Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    GoHardGT3RS:

Buy the Spyder, throw out the uncomfy buckets and forget about the harnesses... Smiley

Or this... Smiley Smiley Smiley

--

Green with gold in the engine? Dumb combination. They should offer a plenum color choice.

noone1:

Green with gold in the engine? Dumb combination. They should offer a plenum color choice.

They should have chosen red for the engine... Smiley Gold really looks dumb, agreed.

--

it's bronze, not gold :)

best to get the bronze forged wheels which match the engine 

sfo:

it's bronze, not gold :)

best to get the bronze forged wheels which match the engine 

Smiley

--

I do not like the bronze  wheels or color...not my thing.

That green in the above photos is very nice for the HP but I also like yellow a lot and...classic...black. Even white looks quite good on the Performante but probably not my favorite color.

--

I think the bronze looks great with the right paint. Furthermore it's a historic colour, which has been used by Lamborghini for their special models before. And they can't go red at the engine, because this is no Ferrari.

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

RC:

Saw this beauty at "my" Lambo dealer (my R8 is in the workshop for two minor issues with ESP and brake pads

That is like the 10th time I read that now Smiley No one will ever forget why your R8 had to visit the workshop SmileySmiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

Never forget

Rossi:

I think the bronze looks great with the right paint. Furthermore it's a historic colour, which has been used by Lamborghini for their special models before. And they can't go red at the engine, because this is no Ferrari.

I agree. Mine will have bronze wheels and orange paint.

I'd opt for Verde Scandal or Viola Ophelia (not the SE-version of that paint though). The bronze wheels would fit the latter well...

bluelines:
    RC:

Saw this beauty at "my" Lambo dealer (my R8 is in the workshop for two minor issues with ESP and brake pads

That is like the 10th time I read that now Smiley No one will ever forget why your R8 had to visit the workshop SmileySmiley

Like you mentioned the 100th time that your car is white. Racist. Smiley

--

Rossi:

I do not care much about history (if I want history, I read a history book and don't buy cars Smiley) but I care about a proper look. The car doesn't even have to look pretty but that bronze engine color is just... Smiley

No red engine cover because Ferrari uses them? So what? They use red calipers as well, so no more red calipers for other cars? Smiley Smiley

--

RC:
    Rossi:

I do not care much about history (if I want history, I read a history book and don't buy cars Smiley) but I care about a proper look. The car doesn't even have to look pretty but that bronze engine color is just... Smiley

No red engine cover because Ferrari uses them? So what? They use red calipers as well, so no more red calipers for other cars? Smiley Smiley

Well, it's not the fault of Automobili Lamborghini Spa if you don't have a clue about history. Smiley

--

Rossi:
    RC:
    Rossi:

Well, it's not the fault of Automobili Lamborghini Spa if you don't have a clue about history. Smiley

Please...don't insult me. I don't have a clue about Lamborghini history. Smiley Smiley Also don't care. Not even about Porsche history. I enjoy driving these cars, I don't need to write an essay about them. Smiley

--

RC:
    Rossi:
    RC:
    Rossi:

Please...don't insult me. I don't have a clue about Lamborghini history. Smiley Smiley Also don't care. Not even about Porsche history. I enjoy driving these cars, I don't need to write an essay about them. Smiley

Why do you always think someone wants to insult you? Smiley  That is beyond me.

Only becaus you think, that bronze doesn't look good, doesn't mean this is an absolute condition. Smiley
    Perhaps you should follow your own advice, just don't care what other people think, if it's not to your liking. Smiley

--

Rossi:
    RC:
    Rossi:
    RC:
    Rossi:

Why do you always think someone wants to insult you? Smiley  That is beyond me.

Ahh...apparently I'm not the only one not getting a specific humor. Smiley (unlike others, I use smileys correspondently). 

Only becaus you think, that bronze doesn't look good, doesn't mean this is an absolute condition. Smiley
    Perhaps you should follow your own advice, just don't care what other people think, if it's not to your liking. Smiley

Of course not, where did I say that? Smiley

--

I'd take bronze over glossy black wheels, any day, any car...

SciFrog:

I'd take bronze over glossy black wheels, any day, any car...

How about matte black wheels? Smiley Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    690952 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410109 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256167 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235392 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65739 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858772 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775072 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM