Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: When does your Cayenne Turbo upshift?

Quote:
    rsv said:
    hey christian!

why do you think that mcdee doesn't speak german?
    ok - some people in germany still believe that bavarians don't speak german - but you should know better!

@mcdee: bought your car at the "Porsche Center 5 Lakes", right?

1. I only asked if mcdee's mother language is german because this is an english speaking forum and we have a couple of Users who are US citizens who live in Germany and speak german
    2. I live in Bavaria but I speak "Hochdeutsch" without the slightest trace of bavarian accent
    3. I'm not born in Germany

Klaro?

Quote:
    RC said:

Yesterday, I drove our ML55 again and I thought I'm driving a sportscar in comparison with the Cayenne Turbo: throttle/shifting response is perfect, I just have to touch the throttle a little bit and the ML55 downshifts smoothly. When I lift the foot, it upshifts smoothly again. When I brake before a sharp turn, it downshifts smoothly and keeps the gear within the turn and even for a few seconds after that, then it smoothly upshifts again.

The difference between an AMG Tuned "Mercedes" automatic and any other regular auto.....

Quote:
    ///AMG Mercedes said:
    The difference between an AMG Tuned "Mercedes" automatic and any other regular auto.....

Well, I wish I could say you're wrong, Bilal but I'm afraid you're absolutely right.

My Cayenne turbo is 6 weeks old and I have drove about 3000 km.

The only thing which really is bad is the shifting time. Right now I came from a business trip and when you want to accelerate and push the gas pad quick down Cayenne needs definitly to much time. I hope that some tuner can change this and will offer us a quicker shiftig time. The rest is very good (the rest without the gasoline consumption).

Adnan

Quote:
    mumbasic said:
    I hope that some tuner can change this and will offer us a quicker shiftig time. The rest is very good (the rest without the gasoline consumption).

Adnan

Why should a Tuner do Porsche's job, Adnan? I really think Porsche owes us a perfect and sporty shifting/throttle response on the Cayenne. I'll nag them as much as I can to obtain what I want...and what probably hundreds of others Cayenne owners want. I'm pretty sure many owners believe this is normal on a SUV but I can tell them for sure, it isn't.
    I'm very confident Porsche can find a solution, even if it is an individual solution, even if it is an unofficial solution, I don't care. I bought the sportiest SUV on this planet and I want it to shift and response to throttle commands that way.

You are right, that is the job of Porsche.
    I will call my dealer, which has strong relations to Weissach (we are only 20 km far of the development center in Pforzheim), to ask if there is a possibility. After that I will inform the forum.

Adnan

Just talked with my dealer.

He said: the Cayenne has 7 shifting profiles. When you drove really hard then you will be in profile 7 and the shifting time will decrease, when you drive normal then you will be set to a lower profile.

He said, we should use the manual gearbox in the middle not on the steering wheel.

But he will talk with Porsche and will try to find out a solution.

Adnan

@rsv: YEP! I am a german one. And: Yes I ordered MY Cay at the "PZ 5 Seen". Max Eichstädter and Mr. Wörle have done a good job to configurate MY Cay . And: Yes I am a Bavarian. I am in the "5 Lakes Area" in south bavaria, near the "Starnberger See". Are you from here, too???? In the case you are: Maybe we can set up the "5 Lakes Area Cayenne Club 2004". AND: I think I am speaking german AND english very well. Unfortunately someone is thinking that bavarian is not correct german language. I am speaking bavarian AND, of course, correct german. But: Back to topic.
    I have talked to a tech at the Dealer. He told me that I dont have to "Baby-ing" my Cay within the first 3000 km, and, on the other hand, I have to avoid high rpm's (over 4200). So, I think the Tech and the Owners Manual are right. Everyone has to do his own thing. RC is driving his Cay very harsh and, when my Cay is finally ready for delivery (hopefully in 4 weeks), I am driving my Cay (firstly ) very snugly. Not flaming, just my thoughts.

McDee

unfortunately WE won't found a "Cay Club" - i don't drive one.
    my only toys are a italian motorbike and a "Hausfrauenporsche".

greets from FFB to STA
    rsv

Quote:
    mumbasic said:

He said: the Cayenne has 7 shifting profiles. When you drove really hard then you will be in profile 7 and the shifting time will decrease, when you drive normal then you will be set to a lower profile.

He said, we should use the manual gearbox in the middle not on the steering wheel.

Adnan

Adnan, this is typical dealer talk. My dealer just told me today that the technical rep responsible for my area told him that there is no new software and there actually is no real problem. I decided to the other way...contacting Porsche directly. I'll report the results as soon as I get an answer.

In Antwort auf:
    RC said:
    In Antwort auf:
    mumbasic said:

Adnan

Adnan, this is typical dealer talk. My dealer just told me today that the technical rep responsible for my area told him that there is no new software and there actually is no real problem. I decided to the other way...contacting Porsche directly. I'll report the results as soon as I get an answer.

I have tried yesterday to drive my Cayenne without PSM. The car converts to a beast. Try this and you will love it. The car starts now in first gear and not second, the shifting is up to 7000 rpm. Everything is more sportiv. I love it

Adnan

Quote:
    mumbasic said:
    I have tried yesterday to drive my Cayenne without PSM. The car converts to a beast. Try this and you will love it. The car starts now in first gear and not second, the shifting is up to 7000 rpm. Everything is more sportiv. I love it

I don't know if you read my owner's report but this is exactly what I wrote and this is what I really really don't understand: the Cayenne Turbo seems to be the first car who changes shifting/throttle response as soon as you turn off the PSM.
    I want PRECISELY this setup with PSM turned ON, with one little exception: when driving very very slowly (around 15-20 kph) it shouldn't suddenly downshift from 2nd to 1st gear because you get a strong "kick" and it looks funny when your head starts moving "egyptian style".
    Another problem with PSM turned OFF: it is OFF. Means: you get a pretty spectacular power slide (I tried it and I had wet hands afterwards because I didn't expect it that way) and only if you apply the brakes, the PSM turns on again.

One thing is still annoying, even with PSM turned off: when applying full throttle from standstill, it still takes around 3 seconds until the Cayenne Turbo starts to move fast.
    Very annoying!

I contacted Porsche directly a few days ago and I hope my fax arrived on the right desk. Now I have to wait for their response. It seems they try to find a solution because if there wasn't one, they would have already answered "sorry, there is nothing we can do." I'm pretty confident that there will be a solution but I cannot guarantee that this solution will be available for all countries. People who have a problem with shifting/throttle response or who just don't like it the way it is, should definetely nag their dealers to contact Porsche and to find a solution. Porsche's reputation is at stake, they can't build the sportiest SUV in the world and have it shift/drive like a Diesel.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    761696 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434983 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260298 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257393 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80871 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5318 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871799 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807147 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM