Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017)

It's a special car, which deserves a special delivery kiss 

--

White 991.2 GT3, production week 10

All dealers, no matter how small their turnover is, will get at least one GT2RS. 

Delivering a top dog Porsche is an event for them.

--

noone1:

Welcome party for a car delivery? Bizarre. Guess it's for the viewz?

Just deliver my car to my house please, or I'll pick it up when there is no one around.

Now you are speaking my language Smiley. This was a particularly low class event, but no doubt being used as a kick starter for his Youtube channel.

crayphile:
    noone1:

Just deliver my car to my house please, or I'll pick it up when there is no one around.

Now you are speaking my language Smiley.

+2,,,, 

Its cringe. I would rather just collect it from around the back on me jack jones..

Obviously no chest hair Smiley....

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

crayphile:
    noone1:

Now you are speaking my language Smiley. This was a particularly low class event, but no doubt being used as a kick starter for his Youtube channel.

The car was for his mum and dad Mr & Mrs Jenner yet the presenter's language many times implied it was his, what is wrong with these parents ? letting their kids pretend they can afford to buy cars like these ? One of my friends has a similar situation where his son in his online personna, instagram etc is pretending his GT4 is making way for his new GT3, true his father has bought them for him to drive but only because they are free motoring with the current bubble. I worry for these youngsters surely reality will eventually bite when they have to earn their own money - maybe I'm just a bitter old fart now days and watching the chav fest in that vid a raging snob Smiley

--

997 GT2 2014 3.9 Mezger, 800PS @ 1.2 bar

McLaren 570S 

993 Turbo, 2006 built 3.8, 577PS/797NM, 1440kg DIN sold to a worthy enthusiast.

TB993tt:
    crayphile:
    noone1:

The car was for his mum and dad Mr & Mrs Jenner yet the presenter's language many times implied it was his, what is wrong with these parents ? letting their kids pretend they can afford to buy cars like these ? One of my friends has a similar situation where his son in his online personna, instagram etc is pretending his GT4 is making way for his new GT3, true his father has bought them for him to drive but only because they are free motoring with the current bubble. I worry for these youngsters surely reality will eventually bite when they have to earn their own money - maybe I'm just a bitter old fart now days and watching the chav fest in that vid a raging snob Smiley

I believe we all think the same way

Whoopsy:

All dealers, no matter how small their turnover is, will get at least one GT2RS. 

Delivering a top dog Porsche is an event for them.

even my lowly GTS club coupe got a delivery party Smiley

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S

There is something like a "delivery party"? Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Think I'd be embarrassed as both a father and a customer if my son invited a mob of internet car fans to my car collection yes

--

2015 911 GT3, 1964 Type 1

The best name used in US for these people is "attention whore".

More prevalent nowadays with the onslaught of all those idiotic social media venues.

I could never understand this herd mentality and a will above or else to expose themselves to the entire world (what I eat, what I wear, what I drive, what I buy, where i travel, where  I fart, etc, etc)

absent:

More prevalent nowadays with the onslaught of all those idiotic social media venues.

I could never understand this herd mentality and a will above or else to expose themselves to the entire world (what I eat, what I wear, what I drive, what I buy, where i travel, where  I fart, etc, etc)

Or they try to make money with it...sometimes with quite some success. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

absent:

Nor can I. It’s beyond my comprehension how people expose themselves. Facebook and its ilk will slowly fade once people can past this phase. 

--

You have your way. I have my way. As for the correct way and the only way, it does not exist.

RC:

Yes.  My GTS club coupe is the only one of 60 made that landed in our province.  I also have the 2006 club coupe which is also the only one of 50 in our province.

Local Porsche dealer decided to use this as an excuse to host a January 2016 party to invite its VIPs for cars viewing, food, wine and social gathering.

At the same party, they also displayed a couple of GT3RS, Boxster Spyder, etc.

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S

When Whoopsy's 918 arrived, there was a delivery party as well.

Nick worn a black suit with a green tie, so sharp and matched his car perfectly.indecision

They displayed a Carrera GT at the same time.

His and mine were the only 2 delivery parties at this dealer that I know of.

--

Tim

nberry:
    absent:

Nor can I. It’s beyond my comprehension how people expose themselves. Facebook and its ilk will slowly fade once people can past this phase. 

+1, Some Facebook users are unreal. Letting others know when their out, what their eating etc etc. When the like ask me if I am on Facebook and I reply, ‘’ Absolutely not ‘’, they look at me as though I am a alien..it’s just a seeking attention tool Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Targa Tim:
    RC:

Yes.  My GTS club coupe is the only one of 60 made that landed in our province.  I also have the 2006 club coupe which is also the only one of 50 in our province.

Local Porsche dealer decided to use this as an excuse to host a January 2016 party to invite its VIPs for cars viewing, food, wine and social gathering.

Interesting but I guess I'm too shy for this kind of stuff... Smiley

--

RC:
    Targa Tim:
    RC:

Well, the Porsche driving community in Vancouver is not very big.  I know a lot of them from the local Porsche Club of America.

And I have a lot of says to the invitation list.

Ended up I know more than half of the guests there.

It is like a big personal party at local Porsche dealer.  You drink and snack and jokes with your buddies, but the dealer is paying for it.Smiley

--

Tim

RC:
    Targa Tim:
    RC:

Smiley,,, not my thing really either, even if I was a VIP Smiley Smiley.. Strange we are the same age and certain things you have posted in the past relate to my thoughts too..Must be a hairy macho thing, mucker Smiley Smiley..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

throt:
    RC:
    Targa Tim:
    RC:

Smiley,,, not my thing really either, even if I was a VIP Smiley Smiley.. Strange we are the same age and certain things you have posted in the past relate to my thoughts too..Must be a hairy macho thing, mucker Smiley Smiley..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Why not?  I think I am same age as you guys.

Don't misinterpret party as balloons or dress-ups, etc. 

Just a few nice cars displayed at dealership.  Snacks and drinks.  Bunch of mainly guys gathering around the cars from 6-8pm on a weekday after work for car talks, jokes, etc.  

No different than outdoor auto shows with cars display, you go to the private booths for free food and drinks if you are VIP.

--

Tim

what are the older GT2 RS's going for these days have they gone up in value? I can get an allocation, but LHD... is it worth getting and just sitting on it to flip it? I personally wouldn't wanna drive this car as it's probably to dangerous for me.  I prefer a regular tamer GT3 that I can enjoy daily. 

Moser:

what are the older GT2 RS's going for these days have they gone up in value? I can get an allocation, but LHD... is it worth getting and just sitting on it to flip it? I personally wouldn't wanna drive this car as it's probably to dangerous for me.  I prefer a regular tamer GT3 that I can enjoy daily. 

At around 250k Euro there might be buyers. Those offered at higher prices don't sell - even after 2 years of waiting. The market is dead Smiley

MKSGR:
    Moser:

At around 250k Euro there might be buyers. Those offered at higher prices don't sell - even after 2 years of waiting. The market is dead Smiley

Markus, you may have misunderstood him: He means the new GT2 RS. The MSRP for the base car alone is 285k EUR. Smiley

I know a guy over here who would pay 20k mark-up for a German 991 GT2 RS, he tried hard to get one and couldn't and I can't get one for him because the car would have been on my name (incl. 6 months of ownership). This ship has sailed anyway, "my" allocation is gone for good. I could get a 991.2 GT3 RS but same thing, with my name stuck to the production slot. Not helping. Also had a 991.2 GT3 Touring allocation for April production, with PDK I would have bought this car, I am serious. This is one of the rare 911 which will not loose much value in time, I am pretty sure about it. Basically the second best car after the 911 R. Smiley

--

RC:
    MKSGR:
    Moser:

Markus, you may have misunderstood him: He means the new GT2 RS. The MSRP for the base car alone is 285k EUR. Smiley

I know a guy over here who would pay 20k mark-up for a German 991 GT2 RS, he tried hard to get one and couldn't and I can't get one for him because the car would have been on my name (incl. 6 months of ownership). This ship has sailed anyway, "my" allocation is gone for good. I could get a 991.2 GT3 RS but same thing, with my name stuck to the production slot. Not helping. Also had a 991.2 GT3 Touring allocation for April production, with PDK I would have bought this car, I am serious. This is one of the rare 911 which will not loose much value in time, I am pretty sure about it. Basically the second best car after the 911 R. Smiley

--

Smiley Sorry, meant the 997 GT2RS indeed...

Regarding the 991 GT2RS: there are around 18 on mobile.de (continuously rising number of cars). There seem to be no sales at all at the 400k-420k (net of VAT) price range. My personal estimate would probably be 320k-350k net might be the market price. That would be around 15% premium vs MSRP Smiley

Thanks guys, ya I Saw those cars on mobile.de, seems that there isn't much demand at those prices....makes sense now why I was able to get an allocation :)

That guy who asked me if I could get him one offered 20k EUR on top, maybe he would have gone to 40k tops (according to his girlfriend, who is a friend with my wife...women... angry). So around 350-370k maybe and he really could easily afford paying 500k for this car, this is just out of principle.

--

US market seems to be stronger, know some dealers willing to pay up to a $100k for allocation.

When actual cars show up, the reality will be known.

Why isn’t Porsche raising MSRP?

SciFrog:

Why isn’t Porsche raising MSRP?

Because that would screw over everybody. What they need to do is control that allocations aren't "sold" and go to the right people. They already took care of the flippers to some extent by forcing buyers to sign a contract that the can't resell the car in 12 months or incur in a 150k penalty.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

That clearly hasn’t worked...

Anybody have a photo of Birch/Licht green next to Lizard green?

I'm trying to decide if I should hold out for PTS Birch/Licht or just succumb to Lizard.

Help!!!

--

Mike

918 Spyder + 991 GT3 RS +Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S + Panamera Turbo +  BMW Z8 + BMW 3.0 CSi + Bentley Arnage T

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/17/24 7:48 AM
    GnilM
    662485 1775
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    401277 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    254603 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    229246 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    59619 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4381 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

853564 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    761989 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM