Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

That 599 is wicked fast...

Stopping the clock at 18.2 seconds...

Re: That 599 is wicked fast...

and the article...

Thanks for the interesting article.

The Ferrari is extremely fast, even faster than the all wheel drive LP640!

I really would be interested to see what it can do at the ring compared to the f430.
    At Fiorano it laps 1/2 second faster.

The 599 is a beast Glad the LP640 isn't far behind

Thanks for posting

Unfortunately, this article seems to be based on the recent AMS high-speed test. No own test results of the publishing magazine, I am afraid

Very nice gents, thanks for sharing.

Let us not forget that the 599 uses the same motor as the Enzo, but slightly de-tuned.

Regards

Popolou

Turbo could do with another 40-50 hp (Powerkit) and a bigger fuel tank.

If you exclude the Zo6, which is the acknowledged performance bargain, the Turbo is not doing too bad (also considering the price)

Would be interesting to compare track times, e.g. Nordschleife

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Thanks for posting

Unfortunately, this article seems to be based on the recent AMS high-speed test. No own test results of the publishing magazine, I am afraid

Well said!! Seems same as AMuS

Thanks for the article
    Btw is the rumor about Ferrari made some adjustments to this tested 599 GTB for a better result, true or not???

Mike, don't worry. The Ferrari is extremely fast and a very nice car. But the LP640 is a beast which I don't think you will regret buying. Besides the Lambo looks faster than the Veyron and 599 put together, when standing still
    All jokes aside, who's going to notice the small difference in real life driving conditions?

Quote:
    Mike S said:

Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Thanks for posting

Well said!! Seems same as AMuS

Thanks for the article
    Btw is the rumor about Ferrari made some adjustments to this tested 599 GTB for a better result, true or not???

It was almost a second faster to 200 km/h than on most other tests (save for the Quattroroute test). However, that could be attributed to better conditions and the car is, by all accounts, a beast.

Quote:
    LL said:
    Mike, don't worry. The Ferrari is extremely fast and a very nice car. But the LP640 is a beast which I don't think you will regret buying. Besides the Lambo looks faster than the Veyron and 599 put together, when standing still
    All jokes aside, who's going to notice the small difference in real life driving conditions?

Quote:
    Mike S said:

I attended the LA auto show last week. The 599 in person is a work of art. It was by far the hit of the show, and is one of the most beautiful cars that I have ever laid eyes on. The Lambo looks like a large door stop. Zero asthetics, in my opinion.

This confirms the Z06 faster than the 997TT to 200 and 250kph but the TT faster to 300kph also. What 30hp more or 150lbs less could have done for the TT...

Quote:
    SciFrog said:
    This confirms the Z06 faster than the 997TT to 200 and 250kph but the TT faster to 300kph also. What 30hp more or 150lbs less could have done for the TT...

Wait for the powerkit. It will have the extra 30 bhp.

Quote:
    OAB said:

If you exclude the Zo6, which is the acknowledged performance bargain, the Turbo is not doing too bad (also considering the price)

Have you forgotten the Ford GT? It is priced about the same as the TT and it spanks it badly at higher speeds.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    OAB said:

Have you forgotten the Ford GT? It is priced about the same as the TT and it spanks it badly at higher speeds.

Ford GT for me is a big

They really could have had something special if they took the time to work out the kinks and maybe develop an engine that isn't complete bollocks.
    But instead, the car had to be released to coincide with the 100th anniversary of Ford. The end-result? A mediocre package that is aesthetically so gorgeous yet such a piece of junk...
    It could have harkened back to the GT40, but it only shares the namesake and some of its aesthetic verve...

Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    LL said:

Quote:
    Mike S said:

I attended the LA auto show last week. The 599 in person is a work of art. It was by far the hit of the show, and is one of the most beautiful cars that I have ever laid eyes on. The Lambo looks like a large door stop. Zero asthetics, in my opinion.

Each to his own For me the 599 looks like a toy car, the front looks like the car is smiling at me. I wouldn't want a 620hp car that smiles... 640 is so much better looking.

i think this isn't a smile

Quote:
    Mike S said:

Well Mike, think of getting one?

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    LL said:

Quote:
    Mike S said:

Each to his own For me the 599 looks like a toy car, the front looks like the car is smiling at me. I wouldn't want a 620hp car that smiles... 640 is so much better looking.

The real opponent for the 599 is the SLR. The Ferrari has the same or even better performance, but for half the price. So who still says Ferrari are expensive?

The LP640 is no dircet opponent to the 599, these cars differ far too much, a totaly different situation than in the early days, when we had the Countach against the Testarossa for example. The LP640 is in a class of it's own, layout similar to that of an Enzo, CGT, Zonda, but again (less) than half the price. Well gents, only bargains today.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    LL said:

Quote:
    Mike S said:

The real opponent for the 599 is the SLR. The Ferrari has the same or even better performance, but for half the price. So who still says Ferrari are expensive?

The LP640 is no dircet opponent to the 599, these cars differ far too much, a totaly different situation than in the early days, when we had the Countach against the Testarossa for example. The LP640 is in a class of it's own, layout similar to that of an Enzo, CGT, Zonda, but again (less) than half the price. Well gents, only bargains today.

The LP640's price is the same as Zonda in Europe

it's a joke?

Wow- the Bugatti is just in another speed league . Too bad it looks like a beetle ( the insect, not the VW car ) .

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    LL said:

Quote:
    Mike S said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the LP640 is something around 250k (base), whereas the Zonda starts at approximately twice as much.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    LL said:

Quote:
    Mike S said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the LP640 is something around 250k (base), whereas the Zonda starts at approximately twice as much.

I'm guessing he meant:

Quote:
    The LP640's price in SA is the same as Zonda in Europe

Yet I'm quite sure Mike's not starving

Eagerly awating first photos and videos of your new toy sometime in the new year Mike

Quote:
    elysium said:
    I'm guessing he meant:

Quote:

Yeah, I think you're right. Mike seems to be a little bit confused, too many cars I guess.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    elysium said:
    I'm guessing he meant:

Quote:

Yeah, I think you're right. Mike seems to be a little bit confused, too many cars I guess.

Ha ha ha, I have no money left for food LP640 specced like mine it between 700k-750k US dollars depending on exchange rate at time of delivery.

That is definitely a lot of money! And considering the amount of money you have been spending on cars, the money alone could probably feed all people in SA
    Let me however comfort you Mike.
    A stock LP640 costs exactly (plus/minus 2%) 1 million USD in Denmark Talk about being being screwed over.

Btw, Mike I wish I could export cars to SA, so you could be my customer. What a dream customer you would be . In your garage, you have already got 3 of the brands I could offer you, if you lived within EU...

Quote:
    LL said:
    Btw, Mike I wish I could export cars to SA, so you could be my customer. What a dream customer you would be . In your garage, you have already got 3 of the brands I could offer you, if you lived within EU...

Hey LL, at times I wish I did live in EU - you guys get cars at a waaaaay cheaper price! An Enzo would be within reach

I don't want to imagine what a Veyron or McLaren F1 would cost in Denmark

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777630 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441864 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262850 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261061 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85327 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5617 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880727 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816164 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM